Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Must A Person Be Called By God Before Going Into Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Person Be Called By God Before Going Into Ministry (253 Views)

Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? / How To Know If You Have Been Called By God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Person Be Called By God Before Going Into Ministry by joxxy01(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2020
Growing up I have had teachings that one must be called before becoming a pastor or minister, but what if one has the passion and love to do God's work? will such person get God's approval to be a pastor or must one be called?? please I need more clearity from the house
Re: Must A Person Be Called By God Before Going Into Ministry by Righteousness89(m): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2020
Passion is good! But if you are not called, respect yourself ....

You can channel your passion into the service of GOD. There are various departments and offices to serve GOD.

1 Like

Re: Must A Person Be Called By God Before Going Into Ministry by Mrnakeina(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2020
Yes, you must be called
Preaching the gospel in
And through whatever
Medium is also a call
Re: Must A Person Be Called By God Before Going Into Ministry by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2020
How do u know God approves you b4 starting a ministry.

Remember the devil hears ur voice too and may actually come disguised to approve you, making it look like God did
Re: Must A Person Be Called By God Before Going Into Ministry by Oluromantic: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2020
To say the truth, 95% pastors and ministers are not called by God, they're appointed by church Management or administration, or selected by the number of seminaries and pastoral colleges attended or selected and approved by majority of the congregation. All churches have their criteria for choosing their pastors. Then they come under the hiding of being called by God to confuse ppl.

Who among them can come out honestly to claim that they heard "My son My son, I have chosen thou to be the pastor of the parish at lekki scheme one, leadeth thou my sheep" Can they even recognize God's voice when he speaks? As if God's voice is that cheap.

Pastor practicing orall sex with his wife too will claim that he's hearing God's voice. If God speaks and say go and start evangelising in a neighboring village to borno, they will say "shut up and get thee behind me Satan". But if the church is at ikoyi... They'll claim it's God.

(1) (Reply)

*Take Note*. Stay Awake! Don't Be Decieved By Them! / August 16, 2020 Sunday School... Topic:faith Without Work Is Dead / PHOTO NEWS: Oyedepo Gives Out Daughter In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.