Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,368 members, 7,868,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:24 AM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (15193 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 2:13am On Jan 29, 2011
alj harem:

answer the question who told you Nnamadi was nigeria first president

on what bases was he the first president of nigeria undecided

So when you learn how to read books books apart from the book of the sand dwellers, then you'd know. tongue
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 2:15am On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

hypocrite

now you can claim Azikwe ? shocked

Never call me a hypocrite in your life,I am not a yoruba. Whether i claim Azikiwe or not he was Igbo and that's a fact.Thank the man up above i got my "free education" from the U.S. of A. grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 2:17am On Jan 29, 2011
Chyz*:

Never call me a hypocrite in your life,I am not a yoruba. Whether i claim Azikiwe or not he was Igbo and that's a fact.Thank the man up above i got my "free education" from the U.S. of A. grin
what do you call your double standard ? i thought zik was always the loser and ojukwu the good man ? tongue tongue
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:18am On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

what do you call your double standard ? i thought zik was always the loser and ojukwu the good man ? tongue tongue

gbammm
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 2:20am On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

alj harem:

gbammm

Well I'm about to go chill with my Kwara babe so I'mma have to leave you two byches to romance one another. Peace out or better yet, DUECES. cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 2:29am On Jan 29, 2011
Chyz*:

Well I'm about to go chill with my Kwara babe so I'mma have to leave you two byches to romance one another. Peace out or better yet, DUECES. cool
say me well to the fulani girl tongue
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:32am On Jan 29, 2011
Chyz*:

grin grin grin grin grin

keep decieving yourself

good luck, when you grow older, you will taste other girls wink
smiley
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 3:36am On Jan 29, 2011
My brother Chyz did well. It just warms the heart. Onlytruth, Chyz and my Igbo brethren. I salute you!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 4:14am On Jan 29, 2011
@ EzeUche_

The ultimate truth is that Igboland needs some form of self cleansing- a cultural revolution of sorts.
We have been represented for too long by thieves and selfish people.

There are too many thieves trying to destroy our destiny as a great people, that is why God is raising others like Akunyili to step in.

Chris Ngige is a man I used to admire, until he joined ACN and refused to come out of it. As far as I know, he is finished politically in Anambra state.  cool

Sullivan Chime was actually talking to ACN before sanity returned to his head, making me wonder whether these leaders ever consider the group interest of Ndigbo in their actions.  undecided cry  That is why I am not sympathizing with his political plight in the hands of the Nwobodos and Nnamanis.

Any Igbo politician who cannot see that APGA is our only hope to relevance in Nigeria is a selfish m0derfcker.

I can't wait for Okorocha to beat Ohakim in Imo guber polls.

If any Igbo don't like something about APGA, he/she should come and fix it.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:33am On Jan 29, 2011
Wow. This thread got even uglier.

Smh @ the baboon style chest beating on both sides. So provincial.

This senate president position isn't even important.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 4:36am On Jan 29, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Wow. This thread got even uglier.

Smh @ the baboon style chest beating on both sides. So provincial.

This senate president position isn't even important.

My neutral brother. You know I respect your words. And the baboon style chest beating is what the Yorubas and Igbos do best. While the Hausa laugh at us.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 4:41am On Jan 29, 2011
At the end of the day, I'm a pretty backwards, provincial man from the bush. And damn proud of it.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 4:42am On Jan 29, 2011
eku_bear:

At the end of the day, I'm a pretty backwards, provincial man from the bush. And damn proud of it.

I approve this message!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 4:42am On Jan 29, 2011
eku_bear:

Gbam! Gbam! Gbam!

That's the spirit.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 4:44am On Jan 29, 2011
EzeUche_:

My neutral brother. You know I respect your words. A[b]nd the baboon style chest beating is what the Yorubas and Igbos do best. While the Hausa laugh at us[/b].

Look at this gay doing chop chop boy to an ordinary NDeltan!

:::SMH:::

What would Ojukwu say if he were to see this post?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 4:46am On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger come on now. I am tired of the tribalism right now. Had a good discussion with my Yoruba friends, so do not bring down the Yoruba name. And I am a Niger Deltan BTW.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by seanet03: 5:02am On Jan 29, 2011
Akunyili can blow hot grammar for all i care. This very fight she will lose. Even those she has won has always been with the West's help. At NAFDAC, Our Media gave her the required public enlightenment when her igbo gang up her because she dont want them to produce Fake Products. Madam you will lose this. We have a special way of TROUNCING the East. Mu he he
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 5:09am On Jan 29, 2011
seanet03:

Akunyili can blow hot grammar for all i care. This very fight she will lose. Even those she has won has always been with the West's help. At NAFDAC, Our Media gave her the required public enlightenment when her igbo gang up her because she dont want them to produce Fake Products. Madam you will lose this. We have a special way of TROUNCING the East. Mu he he

As the head-tribalist on NL, I approve this message.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by bignaija(m): 5:11am On Jan 29, 2011
cheap internet packages check my blog below [size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][/size]
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:11am On Jan 29, 2011
Nothing wrong with being from the "bush." I don't advocate blind cosmopolitanism just for the sake of cosmopolitanism. Different groups have unique cultures that they should try to preserve and not see muddled into one big boring generic "Nigerian" mix. That said, ethnic chauvinism to the point where you start comparing which group would slaughter which group or crush and maim the other group in the event of a dispute is not really natural or normal, in my opinion.

On the issue of Lagos which generated so much heat on this thread, I think Lagos should always have a southwestern/Yoruba orientation culturally and politically, for historical reasons. Likewise for Kano with respect to the north, or Calabar or other places. These places are historically centers of  distinct cultures. Not like Abuja which was non-existent to the Gwari before oil money built it. Lagos has a history of its own independent of Nigeria and in that history it is a Yoruba city.

By the way, I don't really see myself as a Niger Deltan, though I sympathize with some of their causes. I can't really wear that label when I and my people are not going through what they are experiencing (the exploitation, pollution, etc.).
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 5:13am On Jan 29, 2011
^^^

So what are you, Mr. I am grammar grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:15am On Jan 29, 2011
The Heartbeat of the Nation, Mr. Tribalism.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 5:16am On Jan 29, 2011
^^^

Nassarawa state?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 5:20am On Jan 29, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Nothing wrong with being from the "bush." I don't advocate blind cosmopolitanism just for the sake of cosmopolitanism. Different groups have unique cultures that they should try to preserve and not see muddled into one big boring generic "Nigerian" mix. That said, ethnic chauvinism to the point where you start comparing which group would slaughter which group or crush and maim the other group in the event of a dispute is not really natural or normal, in my opinion.

Eh, given our collective lack of faith in this project called Nigeria, such calculations and considerations seem quite appropriate. Anybody in fact who is not prepared for this possibility is only fooling themselves.

With that said, is this a high probability event? Imo, no. But still necessary to prepare for it. Including making sure that for certain territories, ownership is quite clear.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:21am On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

^^^

Nassarawa state?

Nah. Go further North.

If alj harem can be Igbo, I officially declare myself 1/16th Fulani starting today.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by seanet03: 5:25am On Jan 29, 2011
@PHYSICSMD What you dont know dont talk about. When was Lagos independent of Nigeria? I come from the First town in Nigeria to have INDEPENDENCE which we got before anybody in the country, we have our own Anthem and Government as at the 18th century. Lori oke ati Petele, ibe lagbe bi mi o, Ibe lagba to mi dagba o. Ile ominira. Emi omayo lori olumo emi osogo yii lokan mi wipe ilu olokiki o lawa EGBA n gbe. Mayo mayo mayo oo, lori OLUMO Mayo mayo mayo o, lori OLUMO. ABEOKUTA ILU EGBA n o ni gbagbe re, emi osogo yii lokan mi wipe ilu OLOKIKI o LAWA EGBA n gbeeee. Mayo mayo mayo o lori OLUMO OO. I am from ABEOKUTA.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 29, 2011
So onlytruth is still here with his "we will ambush yorubaland" threats. won ti e bi eleda yin to be.

Its Friday night for gosh sake. I assumed that by the time I'm done with round 5, this thread would have been locked or sth. smh.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:33am On Jan 29, 2011
seanet03:

@PHYSICSMD What you dont know dont talk about. When was Lagos independent of Nigeria? I come from the First town in Nigeria to have INDEPENDENCE which we got before anybody in the country, we have our own Anthem and Government as at the 18th century. Lori oke ati Petele, ibe lagbe bi mi o, Ibe lagba to mi dagba o. Ile ominira. Emi omayo lori olumo emi osogo yii lokan mi wipe ilu olokiki o lawa EGBA n gbe. Mayo mayo mayo oo, lori OLUMO Mayo mayo mayo o, lori OLUMO. ABEOKUTA ILU EGBA n o ni gbagbe re, emi osogo yii lokan mi wipe ilu OLOKIKI o LAWA EGBA n gbeeee. Mayo mayo mayo o lori OLUMO OO. I am from ABEOKUTA.

Comprehension problems?

Go back and reread my post.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 5:35am On Jan 29, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

So onlytruth is still here with his "we will ambush yorubaland" threats. won ti e bi eleda yin to be.

Its  Friday night for gosh sake. I assumed that by the time I'm done with round 5, this thread would have been locked or sth. smh.

Round 5 of ogogoro?  Emu? or is eba? grin

Either ways, you dey eat ooooooooo
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:45am On Jan 29, 2011
eku_bear:

Eh, given our collective lack of faith in this project called Nigeria, such calculations and considerations seem quite appropriate. Anybody in fact who is not prepared for this possibility is only fooling themselves.

With that said, is this a high probability event? Imo, no. But still necessary to prepare for it. Including making sure that for certain territories, ownership is quite clear.

Such calculations are not appropriate really. I think the only people who think Lagos is not a Yoruba city are self-deluding nairalanders.

I know a lot of Edos from Lagos and while they consider themselves Lagosians, they don't pretend its not a Yoruba city. If you go to a place and 7 out of every 9 people you see/meet are from one ethnicity, how are you going to claim it is not a city of that ethnic group. Cosmopolitanism has its limits.

http://books.google.com/books?id=XdWJXwp5v_QC&pg=PA98&dq=1954+lagos+western+region&hl=en&ei=3plDTfW2D9T1gAfsosiTAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=1954%20lagos%20western%20region&f=false

^^^^^^

Western region wanted to secede from Nigeria over the issue of Lagos being considered "apart" from or separate from the rest of the West and the only reason Lagos ever was considered as separate was colonial (British) pressure.

If Calabar had remained the capital of Nigeria some people would be making the ridiculous claim that that city belongs to no one as well.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Kilode1: 5:55am On Jan 29, 2011
seanet03:

We have our own Anthem and Government as at the 18th century. Lori oke ati Petele, ibe lagbe bi mi o, Ibe lagba to mi dagba o. Ile ominira. Emi omayo lori olumo emi osogo yii lokan mi wipe ilu olokiki o lawa EGBA n gbe. Mayo mayo mayo oo, lori OLUMO Mayo mayo mayo o, lori OLUMO. ABEOKUTA ILU EGBA n o ni gbagbe re, emi osogo yii lokan mi wipe ilu OLOKIKI o LAWA EGBA n gbeeee. Mayo mayo mayo o lori OLUMO OO. I am from ABEOKUTA.

Egba Omo Lisabi!!

O ku ai gbagbe. . .
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 6:08am On Jan 29, 2011
@PhysicsMHD: Interesting reference you posted.

I disagree with your conclusion though; eternal vigilance is still necessary in Nigeria, especially w.r.t. Lagos.

Also Lagos is part of it, but not all of it. To be quite honest. . . I suspect even in a post-Nigeria setting, we will still be enemies. Too much enmity and bad blood exists. In that post-Nigeria setting, even me, as mild-mannered as I might appear to be. . . well, let me leave it at that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Metuh’s Trial: Court Orders Jonathan To Appear On Wednesday / Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians / Jerome Pasquier: Nigeria Not Doing Enough To End Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.