Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,321 members, 7,867,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:05 AM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (15189 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by KDULAR: 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
Some one has not answered the question, why do the Igbos hate Yorubas this much and will at any given time be very ready to prove their superiority. Well I gues that's the reason why you have many more Igbos in Yoruba land and else where being allowed to thrive ( live, do their business, settle have properties, living peacefully and even in some cases plotting and succeeding in displacing some of the indegenes from any business they have interest .

It is of note that these kind of stupidity ( except the last one ) is not reciprocated in Igbo land and w will allow you to come and develop and when you feel like going as some wise ones amongst you have been drumming, will go with the investments and we shall go back to our peaceful self.

The Igbos fear what they do not understand (Yorubas) and Hate what they cannot conquer (Yorubas). The more you do that, the more the equation moves away from you. This is a natural law "you don't bite the fingers that feed you". The more the general Igbos become less appreciative of what The Yoruba race and other races in Nigeria but most especially the Yorubas (emphasis) have contributed to their self professed Superiority and successes, the more the leadership or ruler-ship captain-ship and other -ship -ships of and in this country will elude them. This attitude has been and still engender mistrust of your race , and this is what you see everyday in the attitude of majority of Igbo traders,businessmen, professionals and even pastors of "Igbo churches". You better Wake up my Brothers.

Well to Aunty Dora , the child that says when he grows up , he will use the head of pigeon to eat pap for breakfasts, doesn't she knows that the head of the pigeon will not allow the child to grow up? as it will be praying to God not to spare the child's life so that his specie will remain.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Afam4eva(m): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2011
Nigeria needs any kind of cleansing it can get right now. Whether spiritual, physical, psycological etc.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2011
Yoruba and Igbo plus Ijaw, Poeple without Brain, Una dey here dey argue, Hausas are milking Oil from Una head. Tell me how una go reason well, Even that Ijaw man Jason123 head is blocked, he does not even know where he belong to. Abeg close this mess, Our problem will be half solved if this country separate into two, Then we see what happens from there, Na me talk am, that IBO BOI
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2011
@ fstranger 1 I really don't understand what you mean by Igbos' being envious of the Yorubas'. come off this ur tribal horse, If the reverse is not the case why did you guys sabotage our cessation plan? If only we had left, I wonder what you and these mallams would have doing now. lol!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2011
kayci_d77:

Yoruba and Igbo plus Ijaw, Poeple without Brain, Una dey here dey argue, Hausas are milking Oil from Una head. Tell me how una go reason well, Even that Ijaw man Jason123 head is blocked, he does not even know where he belong to. Abeg close this mess, Our problem will be half solved if this country separate into two, Then we see what happens from there, Na me talk am, that IBO BOI

. . . . and your a55 is screwed! I know where I stand but you would not understand.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2011
woodcook:

@ fstranger 1 I really don't understand what you mean by Igbos' being envious of the Yorubas'. come off this your tribal horse, If the reverse is not the case[b] why did you guys sabotage our cessation plan?[/b] If only we had left, I wonder what you and these mallams would have doing now. lol!
Ode

E be like you chop sh*t abi ? What secession plan are you talking about ? Seems you don't want to admit that yoruba are smarter than ibo.mschew
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Afam4eva(m): 3:59pm On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ode

E be like you chop excreta abi ? What secession plan are you talking about ? Seems you don't want to admit that yoruba are smarter than ibo.mschew

How does this post come across as that of a smart person. There are smart yorubas likewise smart Igbos. But sorry but you're not one of them.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2011
afam4eva:

How does this post come across as that of a smart person. There are smart yorubas likewise smart Igbos. But sorry but you're not one of them.
can the wise afam please tell me how yoruba thwarted ibo's secession plan ?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Afam4eva(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

can the wise afam please tell me how yoruba thwarted ibo's secession plan ?

You miss road? This is the first time i'm replying to your post in over a month.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Akanbiedu(m): 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2011
Posts on this subject has further strenghtened my belief that southern Nigeria is impossible, not even
christianity can unite southerners in Nigeria.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by segunjowo(m): 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2011
KDULAR:

Some one has not answered the question, why do the Igbos hate Yorubas this much and will at any given time be very ready to prove their superiority. Well I gues that's the reason why you have many more Igbos in Yoruba land and else where being allowed to thrive ( live, do their business, settle have properties, living peacefully and even in some cases plotting and succeeding in displacing some of the indegenes from any business they have interest .

It is of note that these kind of stupidity ( except the last one ) is not reciprocated in Igbo land and w will allow you to come and develop and when you feel like going as some wise ones amongst you have been drumming, will go with the investments and we shall go back to our peaceful self.

The Igbos fear what they do not understand (Yorubas) and Hate what they cannot conquer (Yorubas). The more you do that, the more the equation moves away from you. This is a natural law "you don't bite the fingers that feed you". The more the general Igbos become less appreciative of what The Yoruba race and other races in Nigeria but most especially the Yorubas (emphasis) have contributed to their self professed Superiority and successes, the more the leadership or ruler-ship captain-ship and other -ship -ships of and in this country will elude them. This attitude has been and still engender mistrust of your race , and this is what you see everyday in the attitude of majority of Igbo traders,businessmen, professionals and even pastors of "Igbo churches". You better Wake up my Brothers.

Well to Aunty Dora , the child that says when he grows up , he will use the head of pigeon to eat pap for breakfasts, doesn't she knows that the head of the pigeon will not allow the child to grow up? as it will be praying to God not to spare the child's life so that his specie will remain.

YOU WILL LIVE TO TELL ANOTHER PROVERB.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ayodeji200: 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2011
I can prove dis anywhere that u can hardly see any successful Igbo businessman in Nigeria without involved in any criminal activities such as arm robbery,burglary,kidnapping etc
I ve observed few of them in my neighbourhood over the years and a lot of things had confirmed my suspicion.can u believe a situation where someone who owns a boutique would disappear just like that and when you ask after such shop owner,the other Igbo guys ll tell u that he has gone back to the village even when they claimed he died in ghastly motor accident,there won't be any report/record of such accident along d motorway where they claimed the accident happened and not only one or two but few of them that had been involved in dis ugly situation.

I was oppourtune to work with Nigeria Police Force Headquarter as Auditor but my office was close to CID department for about 6months and what i discovered then really shocked me. In a week,about 10 to 15 armed robbers were always brought in either dead or alive and believe me or not,all of them were always Igbo,big big men wt nice stature nd toned skin in pool of blood. The ones who re alive always confessed to have one shop or the other after thorough investigation as well as severe purnishment.

However,(very)few of them are honest in their businesses.you might not accept dis in d public but when you re all by yourself,ur conscience ll be telling u that what that guy wrote right there is nothing but the truth.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ikeyman00(m): 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

this thing called amo trait; no bi small thing

nawooo

it looks like the Yoruba are crying

why do the Yoruba loves to believe in what never took place

yall hmmm hahha hhaa

now check this; these oduduwa fools will come in nl to tell us the reason the landlord disperse igbo to house renting is blah balh

i went as far to ring up the people in Lagos and all i heard is that most of the house the igbo live in are under the igbo man ownership

may una take am easy now; the last house my cousin lives in enugu is owned by a northern

yoruba yoruba; may una take am easy; one wonders the reason lassman mind the spelling are always on the look out for igbo commercial drivers from the east i heard
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by emmke(m): 12:35am On Jan 31, 2011
Ibos u know what? Nobody likes u people. Reason being u are so arrogant and always claim to be better or smarter than everyone (which is a symptom of massive inferiority complex, btw) this has always and will always be u people's undoing. U'd continue to be marginalised and there is nothing u lot can do about it. All ur threats are empty, as usual, as u dont trust urselves enough to unite and fight for ur common goal. Ibo people are such terrible politicians. U guys dont matter. Get use to it. am not yoruba
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Abagworo(m): 1:01am On Jan 31, 2011
emmke:

Ibos u know what? Nobody likes u people. Reason being u are so arrogant and always claim to be better or smarter than everyone (which is a symptom of massive inferiority complex, btw) this has always and will always be u people's undoing. U'd continue to be marginalised and there is nothing u lot can do about it. All your threats are empty, as usual, as u dont trust urselves enough to unite and fight for your common goal. Ibo people are such terrible politicians. U guys dont matter. Get use to it. am not yoruba

That is true but if there was a concrete reason,I would have accepted it but there isn't.The Yoruba stuff is more like a myth to me than reality because I doubt if any man will give the hand of his daughter in marriage to his enemy.The level of intermarriage is quite contradictory to what people are typing here.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by asha80(m): 3:05am On Jan 31, 2011
emmke:

Ibos u know what? Nobody likes u people. Reason being u are so arrogant and always claim to be better or smarter than everyone (which is a symptom of massive inferiority complex, btw) this has always and will always be u people's undoing. U'd continue to be marginalised and there is nothing u lot can do about it. All your threats are empty, as usual, as u dont trust urselves enough to unite and fight for your common goal. Ibo people are such terrible politicians[b]. U guys dont matter[/b]. Get use to it. am not yoruba

this would have made more sense if igbo related threads in nairaland do not elicit the most replies here.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by asha80(m): 3:10am On Jan 31, 2011
ayodeji200:

I can prove dis anywhere that u can hardly see any successful Igbo businessman in Nigeria without involved in any criminal activities such as arm robbery,burglary,kidnapping etc
I ve observed few of them in my neighbourhood over the years and a lot of things had confirmed my suspicion.can u believe a situation where someone who owns a boutique would disappear just like that and when you ask after such shop owner,the other Igbo guys ll tell u that he has gone back to the village even when they claimed he died in ghastly motor accident,there won't be any report/record of such accident along d motorway where they claimed the accident happened and not only one or two but few of them that had been involved in dis ugly situation.

I was oppourtune to work with Nigeria Police Force Headquarter as Auditor but my office was close to CID department for about 6months and what i discovered then really shocked me. In a week,about 10 to 15 armed robbers were always brought in either dead or alive and believe me or not,all of them were always Igbo,big big men wt nice stature nd toned skin in pool of blood. The ones who re alive always confessed to have one shop or the other after thorough investigation as well as severe purnishment.

However,(very)few of them are honest in their businesses.you might not accept dis in d public[b] but when you re all by yourself,your conscience ll be telling u that what that guy wrote right there is nothing but the truth.[/b]

i hope you know that a lot of civil servants from your part of the country a first class embezzlers of funds so no need to appear holy because you guys are not.experience has let me know this.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Diligence: 7:43am On Jan 31, 2011
Yoruba Ngabtis shld forget abt governance for at least another 32 years - they hv ruined the economy enof - courtesy of obj - looting wtout thot of tomorrow.

Ride on Ada Igbo!

Truth hurts, but fools will never learn!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by JahMan1: 11:28am On Jan 31, 2011
[/quote]jahman, why not come apply for a job in kano or borno state and try to see if they job will be given to you when i am there

yes i can not speak english properly, but i know i will get a job before you in those states,.,. fact

I was offered one in Gombe after service but I rejected it.

Omg!

You just made my day!

You da best, Alhaji.   .  .   how was Jumu'ah? Did you pray for me?

Anyway, you've spoken the truth and nothing can change that!

Are you a sadist or what?What is funny about tribalism?

[quote]
Jah Bless,

Can you tell me why a Diamond Bank owned by an Igbo man employs 80% Igbos?

GO to any Diamond Bank Hall in Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta and see how Ngozis, Emeka, and Chinyere dominate in a SWestern state.

Logic would have had it that People from the particular area would demographically dominate employment in the region.

I have several guys who complain that in the Oil industry tribalism is very prevalent.

From your claims, I also know a Yoruba guy who made a first class and couldnt succeed at Tests and Interviews while Yoruba guys who had 2-1 and 2-2 from the same school got the jobs based on merit

I could have ignored this post if you didn't mention a name of a bank. I happened to have serious insiders in the said bank.Truth is that the yorubas have taken over the bank due to Igbo liberalization.Diamond Bank has an Executive Director(ED) dat's a yoruba,and current info shows they are bringing a second yoruba as an ED.Please let me know how many Igbos are EDs not a ceremonial NED is FCMB,Skye,and/or GTB.
Last time I visited their Owerri branch,I was attended to by one 'Leke" a yoruba guy as head of operations.
To put it the way my guy said it,"Go to our outlook name search and type 'Ade' and u'll be surprised at the number of staff".The same goes for 'Olu' , 'Ola' , 'Akin' , etc.However,it was funny to me the way he said it,but that's what Nigeria should look like.

For those asking a hire b/w Yale and Maryland,I guess you forgot that the experiences I had was in Nigeria,with no university rankings as obtainable in the US/UK and also we are talking about entry level hires.

Let me tell us this story I got from my professor way back in the univ about tribalism:

, When my professor was in UNIJOS as a young lecturer he got scholarship to travel abroad for his post graduate studies.He was invited for a dinner by a senior colleague/christian from the north before he finally leaves the country.As an ex-biafran soldier and a typical Igbo man he was not comfortable eating in 'Hausa man's house'.When the food was served and the couple stepped out a bit he peeped into their rooms and it was sparkling clean( I also witnessed for myself while serving in Gombe that most northerners are clean people).But his bias made him to cut off a large chunk of d food and wrapped it.When his host came back they felt he enjoyed his meal and afterwards bade him farewell.
While he was at overseas,the whites will desert any seat in a bus or train he or his fellow black people were sitting down,even inside the church.Being a minister's son,he will console himself with bible.The height of it was on a sunday service,he was enjoying himself in the Lord alongside an African sister who was already speaking in tongues.He overheard the whites talking to themselves, "so they can speak in tongues?,will they also go to heaven?" He got upset at that comment and went to see the pastor who told him that he's really sorry,but that 'they' whites feel that 'we' blacks stink.My professor said he replied the pastor, "Actually it's you whites that stinks,but I've been enduring it since we are brethren".Ofcourse the pastor opened his mouth in surprise.While my professor was alone in his room,the Holy Spirit asked him, "Are you offended at the way they treated you?These are whites treating you black like that,what about your black brother from the same country that you treated like a leper before coming over here?" My professor started crying and from that day his attitude towards other tribes changed.

God will help "all of us" to know that "Whatever you sow,you shall reap"Galatians 6:7
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 11:51am On Jan 31, 2011
Diligence:

Yoruba Ngabtis shld forget abt governance for at least another 32 years - they hv ruined the economy enof - courtesy of obj - looting wtout thot of tomorrow.

Ride on Ada Igbo!

Truth hurts, but fools will never learn!

bros, it does not look so to me now because we northerners will vote ribadu or buhari and each one of then has a so called ngabati man as there vice undecided

and i also sense the element of hate and jeolosy here undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 11:52am On Jan 31, 2011
Jah Man:

Omg!

You just made my day!

You da best, Alhaji.   .  .   how was Jumu'ah? Did you pray for me?

Anyway, you've spoken the truth and nothing can change that!

Are you a sadist or what?What is funny about tribalism?

Jah Bless,

Can you tell me why a Diamond Bank owned by an Igbo man employs 80% Igbos?

GO to any Diamond Bank Hall in Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta and see how Ngozis, Emeka, and Chinyere dominate in a SWestern state.

Logic would have had it that People from the particular area would demographically dominate employment in the region.

I have several guys who complain that in the Oil industry tribalism is very prevalent.

From your claims, I also know a Yoruba guy who made a first class and couldnt succeed at Tests and Interviews while Yoruba guys who had 2-1 and 2-2 from the same school got the jobs based on merit

I could have ignored this post if you didn't mention a name of a bank. I happened to have serious insiders in the said bank.Truth is that the yorubas have taken over the bank due to Igbo liberalization.Diamond Bank has an Executive Director(ED) dat's a yoruba,and current info shows they are bringing a second yoruba as an ED.Please let me know how many Igbos are EDs not a ceremonial NED is FCMB,Skye,and/or GTB.
Last time I visited their Owerri branch,I was attended to by one 'Leke" a yoruba guy as head of operations.
To put it the way my guy said it,"Go to our outlook name search and type 'Ade' and u'll be surprised at the number of staff".The same goes for 'Olu' , 'Ola' , 'Akin' , etc.However,it was funny to me the way he said it,but that's what Nigeria should look like.

For those asking a hire b/w Yale and Maryland,I guess you forgot that the experiences I had was in Nigeria,with no university rankings as obtainable in the US/UK and also we are talking about entry level hires.

Let me tell us this story I got from my professor way back in the univ about tribalism:

, When my professor was in UNIJOS as a young lecturer he got scholarship to travel abroad for his post graduate studies.He was invited for a dinner by a senior colleague/christian from the north before he finally leaves the country.As an ex-biafran soldier and a typical Igbo man he was not comfortable eating in 'Hausa man's house'.When the food was served and the couple stepped out a bit he peeped into their rooms and it was sparkling clean( I also witnessed for myself while serving in Gombe that most northerners are clean people).But his bias made him to cut off a large chunk of d food and wrapped it.When his host came back they felt he enjoyed his meal and afterwards bade him farewell.
While he was at overseas,the whites will desert any seat in a bus or train he or his fellow black people were sitting down,even inside the church.Being a minister's son,he will console himself with bible.The height of it was on a sunday service,he was enjoying himself in the Lord alongside an African sister who was already speaking in tongues.He overheard the whites talking to themselves, "so they can speak in tongues?,will they also go to heaven?" He got upset at that comment and went to see the pastor who told him that he's really sorry,but that 'they' whites feel that 'we' blacks stink.My professor said he replied the pastor, "Actually it's you whites that stinks,but I've been enduring it since we are brethren".Ofcourse the pastor opened his mouth in surprise.While my professor was alone in his room,the Holy Spirit asked him, "Are you offended at the way they treated you?These are whites treating you black like that,what about your black brother from the same country that you treated like a leper before coming over here?" My professor started crying and from that day his attitude towards other tribes changed.

God will help "all of us" to know that "Whatever you sow,you shall reap"Galatians 6:7

and igbos have not taken over lagos due to there yoruba libiration undecided

bros what are you taking about undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2011
It is very suprising that Akunyili who was preaching the gospel of rebranding and a new Nigeria, is speaking this way. It just shows what politics is all about, everyone is fighting for his/her own interest.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by JahMan1: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2011
My Yoruba friends, see where our problem started below;[b][/b]

Legendary Harold Smith Speaks about Nigeria
Posted by sirlawie in What's New on January 5, 2011
Written by Olufemi Adefolaju - Aug 24, 2007
The man Harold Smith is not new in Nigerian history. He is one of the architects of colonial foundation that midwife Nigerian independence in 1960. I met him in a meeting three weeks ago where he opened up a bit about the lingering problem in Africa especially; Nigeria unbalanced protracted social political situations.
We asked if he could make this known to the media. His response was “I am in my 80s now; I have agreed but in the past ‘they’ did not want me to say anything, but now I don’t want to go to my grave without telling the truth about the atrocities perpetrated in Africa by the colonialists. Brothers and sisters; on Ben TV last Thursday, Harold Smith was on a program to reveal what went behind the scene before the independence. The Oxford University graduate had this to say about his role in Nigeria pre and after independence era. ‘Our agenda was to completely exploit Africa. Nigeria was my duty post.
When we assessed Nigeria, this was what we found in the southern region; strength, intelligence, determination to succeed, well established history, complex but focused life style, great hope and aspirations… the East is good in business and technology, the west is good in administration and commerce, law and medicine, but it was a pity we planned our agenda to give power “at all cost” to the northerner. They seemed to be submissive and stupid of a kind. Our mission was accomplished by destroying the opposition at all fronts. The west led in the fight for the independence, and was punished for asking for freedom. They will not rule Nigeria!
Harold Smith confessed that the Census results were announced before they were counted. Despite seeing vast land with no human but cattle in the north, we still gave the north 55 million instead of 32 Million. This was to be used to maintain their majority votes and future power bid. He stated that the West without Lagos was the most populous in Nigeria at that time but we ignored that. The north was seriously encouraged to go into the military. According to him, they believe that the south may attend western education, but future leaders will always come from military background.
Their traditional rulers were to be made influential and super human. The northerners were given accelerated promotions both in the military and civil service to justify their superiority over the south. Everything was to work against the south. We truncated their good plan for their future. “I was very sorry for the A.G; it was a great party too much for African standard. We planned to destroy Awolowo and Azikwe well, the west and the east and sowed a seed of discord among them”. We tricked Azikwe into accepting to be president having known that Balewa will be the main man with power. Awolowo has to go to jail to cripple his genius plans for a greater Nigeria. However, Harold Smith justified the British agenda of colonialism in Nigeria, which he believed was originally to help build Africa after the ruins of slave trade, but lamented that the British only looked after themselves and not after Nigerian interest. [b]The British really let Nigeria down. When I see Nigerian been accused of fraud and from what I saw on the streets of Lagos; the British were worst fraudsters.[/b]Looking at the northern leaders now he said, “If they have any agenda in Nigeria at all, sadly it is only for the north, and nothing for Nigeria. He stated that the British look after the British people and this is so all over the world. He said the time has come now to see people of intelligent minds with an open and inclusive agenda for all Nigerians in power…people who will really look after Nigerians large population…but “I still curiously and sorrowfully see now that the British has not let go of Nigeria…her wealth,. her potentials, her future. He opined that the Caucasian people now assert themselves as the keeper of the “New Age” keys. He therefore said that it is only logical for Europeans to maintain their position of power, scientific superiority, economic exploitation, they must continue to perpetuate their lies and falsehoods and this is the most unkindest cut of all in relation to Nigeria situation!
According to him, Nigeria, a great nation was crippled not because of military juntas or corrupt leaders alone but by the British and American fear of Nigeria great future. He confessed, “The fear of the place that will be our ‘dumping ground’ really occupied our minds”. Some of the things he said were not new to Nigerians or to the whole world but hearing it from the horse’s mouth is quite revealing and established more reality zones. He finally submitted that the colonial masters have caused havoc while they were in Africa, and planted timed bombs when they finally left. What we see since independence, the administration of new internal colonial masters by fellow Nigerians holding sway in power is doing more damage to Nigeria. Instead of detonating the time bombs planted by the British, the north is planting mines. He added that ‘It was my duty to carry out all of the above and I was loyal to my country. Nigerians should try to be loyal to their country leaders and followers alike. Love your country. You have got the potentials to be great again and the whole world knows this’. I am sorry for the above evil done to Nigeria. I can’t say sorry enough……
Source: Conscience Daily International
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2011
Jah Man:

DIAMOND BANK

Name Office
Emeka Onwuka Group Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
U.K. Eke Executive Director, Regional Business-Lagos/West
Uzoma Dozie Executive Director, Corporate Banking
Oladele Akinyemi Executive Director, Regional Business - North
Victor Ezenwoko Executive Director, Regional Business - South

Note that the ED for Western Region is even Igbo.

GTB
Mr. Babajide Ogundare  Executive Director
Mrs. Cathy Echeozo  Executive Director
Mrs. Titi Osuntoki  Executive Director
Mr. Akin George-Taylor Executive Director

FCMB

Dr. Jonathan A.D. Long – Chairman 
Mr. Ladi Balogun – Group Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Femi Bakre - Executive Director (Institutional Banking)
Mr. Peter Obaseki – Executive Director (Transaction Banking)
Mr. Nabeel Malik – Executive Director (Retail Banking)

http://www.firstcitygroup.com/newfcmb/about/company/directors.aspx

SKYE BANK
Mr. Kehinde Durosinmi-Etti - Group Managing Director/CEO
Mrs Ibiye Asime Ekong - Executive Director
Mr Gbenga Ademulegun - Executive Director
Mrs Amaka Onwughalu - Executive Director
Dotun Adeniyi - Executive Director
Mr Timothy Oguntayo - Executive Director

FIDELITY BANK

CHIEF(DR) CHRISTOPHER EZEH- Chairman
REGINALD IHEJIAHI - M.D. & Chief Executive
CHIEF WILLIE OBIANO - Executive Director
ABDUL-RAHMAN ESENE - Executive Director
IK MBAGWU - Executive Director

http://www.fidelitybankplc.com/people.asp?id=212&parentid=121

[size=18pt]NOW TELL ME A BANK MORE TRIBALISTIC THAN FIDELITY BANK[/size]-(OWNED BY IGBOS)
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2011
@ Dayokanu
Why did you prove him wrong?? You should have allowed him to keep spewing trash!

@ Jahman,
All I would say is,"YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT" or "YOU ARE JUST BITTER YOU DID NOT GET THE JOB"!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by nolongtin(m): 1:51am On Feb 01, 2011
NICE REPLY FROM TODAYS SAHARAREPORTERS, ENJOY

Southeast Governors, Dora Akunyili And Ohaneze: The Scavengers That Will Destroy Ndigbo
[/b]Posted: January 31, 2011 - 22:14
Posted by siteadmin
By Churchill Okonkwo

One of the few things you learn quickly as Onyeigbo commenting on national issues is never to open your mouth wide against Ndigbo even when that appears to be the only sensible thing to do. As 2011 election draws near, the high level of scavenging and hypocrisy from politician in the Southeastern Nigeria have once more exposed the political naivety in Igbo nation.

Suddenly, every politician is seeking political relevance by championing and Igbo cause. Listen to Dora Akunyili recently on the purported zoning of the Senate president to south-Westby PDP; “I want to believe that what was said in the media was not correct. But if it is correct, it is going to be really painful because it means that the Igbo are no longer in Nigeria’s equation. If we are not president, we are not vice-president, we are not Senate president and we are not Speaker, where are we?”

She added that; “It has happened before and I believe this time around, it should not if we really believe in one Nigeria.” Really? Is that you Dora?
Let me first state that I’m that I’m not an apostle of zoning. For a political party like PDP that have adopted zoning to the extent its inclusion in their constitution, I think it’s left for them to decide which zone gets what. If my professor is so much interested in PDP and their zoning wahala, I wonder what she is doing in APGA.

Secondary and most importantly, if she thinks zoning is needed for Ndigbo to remain relevant in Nigerian equation, I wonder what she thinks about zoning in Anambra state for some towns and local governments to remain relevant in the state’s political equation. Hypocrisy?

Rewind: few weeks ago when told that it is unfair for herself, the state Governor Peter Obi and another APGA senatorial candidate Joy Emordi – all from “the same town” – to be contesting for elective positions, she was quick to point out that it has happened before. So, professor Akunyili is deceiving Ndi Anambra Central senatorial zone by championing her believe in one Nigeria on one hand and Five Anambras on the other. Doesn’t common sense tell her that it is painful to Ndi Anambra Central that herself and the state governor are monopolizing political offices in the state?

Professor Akunyili’s actions in the past few months have demonstrated that she is motivated primarily by the basic urge to preserve herself. That was why she stabbed Yara’Dua on the back. That informed her decision to leave PDP for APGA after failing to strike accord with her fellow cabals in the state. Why did I pick on Dora Akunyili? I picked on her because she epitomizes deafening level of hypocrisy in our political discourse.

Professor Akunyili’s action has never been governed by reason or moral consideration. Just like the rest of the governors from southeast, in Akunyili’s imagination, there are no rights or moral relationships to be respected.
The recent and bitter crisis over Nwodo’s leadership has exposed the naivety of PDP governors in the south east. Afraid of the acrimony and power play that will trail attempts to replace Nwodo before the general election; they choose to concede the chairmanship of their party to national vice chairman, Haliru Mohamed. Meanwhile, some of them were also present where the “informal” agreement was reached with President Jonathan that he will only govern for 4 years and the North will present the next candidate under PDP.

Yet, these same governors, including Peter Obi and Ohaneze Ndigbo (who ordinarily you should have expected to know better) are busy telling “Ndigbo that Igbo presidency come 2015 is not negotiable” as Ezeife put it. But I de laugh o. These present crops of politicians pretending to be fighting for odimma Ndigbo are nothing but scavengers that will ultimately leave the position of Ndigbo undefined in the unfolding second order partial political equation in Nigeria.

Peter Obi’s recent romance with PDP is the most disappointing to say the least. For peter Obi, I wonder what happened to the political ideals of APGA (if ever there was any). Will he now leave APGA candidates in the rest of Southeastern states at the mercy of his fellow PDP friends? What happens if or when CAN or CPC succeeds in winning the presidency? If these PDP political vultures in Southeast cannot successfully hold the office of their chairman, what happens when they are given the Nigerian Presidency? These are questions that should be on the minds of our political champions fighting hard to keep Ndigbo relevant in Nigeria’s political equation according to Prof. Akunyili. Where is their common sense?

The truth that will be revealed at the end of the unfolding drama is that no-one person or group can selfishly claim to be representing the interest of Igbo nation. Not the governors all of whom cannot even save their people from kidnappers long after the initiators from Niger Delta have given up the act. The same governors under whose watch universities in the Southeast were recently closed for almost six months. Not Ohaneze like Arewa Consultative Forum that has been torn apart by personal interests.

Dora, Southeast governors and Ohaneze’s recent rhetoric may seem charming but they are dishonest. They may be sweet on the outside but they are hard on the inside. They are coy, temperamental, but mean.

Churchill.okonkwo@gmail.com
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by asha80(m): 5:22am On Feb 01, 2011
Mrs Ibiye Asime Ekong - Executive Director

so dayokanu as you are you still cannot differenciate an igbo name to an efik/ibibio name?you need to educate yourself about other ethnicities in nigeria
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 6:57am On Feb 01, 2011
^^ The fact is that Skye Bank has an Igbo ED, Unlike The Igbo owned Fidelity Bank
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by houvest: 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2011
Are their adults left on NL or have all the birds flown?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2011
I am the only adult left on NL

Whatz your problem?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by asha80(m): 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ The fact is that Skye Bank has an Igbo ED, Unlike The Igbo owned Fidelity Bank

i guess the bolded is igbo abi?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 11:22pm On Feb 03, 2011
asha 80:

i guess the bolded is igbo abi?

STop splitting hairs

Oga DK is your typical Yoruba grin; If it is not Yoruba and it doesnt sound Hausa, then it is Ibo. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly Approves 19billion For Amaechi To Cmplete Projects. / National Assembly To Create 25 New Agencies / Not All Fulanis Are Criminals – Sultan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.