Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School (26657 Views)

Dominican University, Ibadan Pro Chancellor, Peter Obi At Convocation Ceremony / Pat Utomi Charges Mcpherson University Graduates To Save Nigeria At Convocation / Ojelade Islamiyat: Best Graduating Student At Convocation Of Polytechnic Ilaro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Kidakudz5: 12:20am On Jun 22, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY4:

While see the way your own go be for one remote village for Abia...that's if you fill survive erosion
lmao
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 22, 2020
Noel19:

Guy calm down, it's not everything you see you need to comment.

Different strokes for different folks. To you it might not make sense but to somone else it might.

Just so you know........No hard feelings!
How it made sense to me is different from how it made sense to you so lets both stick to our opinion and not get in each others way (mind ya business)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 22, 2020
bluefilm:

Nothing blinds so many Nigerians like ethnic bigotry or bias.

It makes them lose the ability to reason intelligently or to ask salient questions.

That is why you will see so many blatantly defending their corrupt "brothers" who are found to have looted the national treasury.

The most painful part is that these guys defending their corrupt "brothers" will never even see a kobo from the largesse!

It's a pity.

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Admitwithschola: 12:42am On Jun 22, 2020
But Ada went to Kellogg now I think after her studies at Warwick or so and a few years at AFDB.

Congrats to her. I think she is a great girl. She came across as pleasant when we met at an event some time ago.

Hope many of our young girls will try to aspire for greatness in whatever genuine and nonshady stuff they do
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by vioment: 1:30am On Jun 22, 2020
Rubbish achievement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by stasius: 1:55am On Jun 22, 2020
Igbo Amaka nwanne.

1 Like

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Even though we are fully representing as Igbos in diaspora,....
My question is....why such kind of maltreatment from the western people
How can we be rejoicing over this kind of news..??
The first African to make a speech in a school of learning....

If they don't need Africans there in their school is better they hold the school....

When will whites rejoice to say we are the first white people to make a speech in a school in Africa??

Shit happens anyway....

Ma na Igbo Amaka umunne m.....

2 Likes

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by ajl: 2:40am On Jun 22, 2020
First to give a speech! And so what? Nigerians need help to recover from neo-colonialism. People are mentally sick but wouldn't accept that they are.

1 Like

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Nobody: 3:40am On Jun 22, 2020
osazsky:
that was close but her name is not ada olisakwa...her name is ada osakwe..ada means favour..while osa means God..kwe means agreement.. almost all Benin names starts with osa..like osazee...osaretin..osakpolo..osabohien..osamudiamen etc

You guys like spreading division at anything igbo. Her name is Ada Osakwe she is igbo from Anambra state what more do you paid trolls want. Why all this divisive posts? To what gain? And the irony is that it is one politician that would pay these youths with our stolen commonwealth to spread hate online.

1 Like

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Gerrard59(m): 6:10am On Jun 22, 2020
Congratulations to her considering that it wasn't up to a decade she graduated from the business school. We need more black people in top business schools (on merit) to ensure the numbers of black executives and entrepreneurs increase globally.

And she's beautiful o kiss

That said, the vast majority of Nigerians are incurable tribalists, tomorrow these baboons will cry about racism. Idiats!
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Starmario(m): 6:39am On Jun 22, 2020
EyezofGod120:
Ok,,ordinary speech,,, dem go say her name must enter Guinness book undecided

So na ordinary speech abi...and you still dey naira land dey misbehave

1 Like

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by yommen: 6:59am On Jun 22, 2020
EyezofGod120:
Ok,,ordinary speech,,, dem go say her name must enter Guinness book undecided

Well... I think they don't know they have potentials. Therefore, they go wild over very little things. Well, for me, I can do all things.
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by omoluka: 7:10am On Jun 22, 2020
This is just ordinary speech! you guys should have outgrown this .
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by TAYO124: 7:12am On Jun 22, 2020
Good for her and for the country where she got invited to talk, It makes no difference and will not benefit nigeria though so keep the excitement to yourselves.
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Enoch07: 7:12am On Jun 22, 2020
Chuzoetoh:
you'll soon die of bitterness. No use ur hand post ur obituary pictures ooo
racist!! I greet you
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by EyezofGod120: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2020
Starmario:

So na ordinary speech abi...and you still dey naira land dey misbehave
u nko,,where u dey
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by omoluka: 7:30am On Jun 22, 2020
Canberra55:
Is it everything we celebrate in this country? Kai nawa for this our mentality oo. One day unA go still celebrate the first person to throway shiiit comot from inside aeroplane.
Some set of people in Nigeria have low self-esteem, if people can choose to celebrate something as pedestrian as this, it just goes to show that we are a country that swims in Mediocrity .

1 Like

Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 22, 2020
post=90922488:
Ada Osakwe becomes first African to give a speech at the convocation ceremony of Kellogg School of Management

Ada Osakwe has become the first African to give a speech at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. The event took place on Friday, 19th June, 2020. The topic of her speech was titled ‘Finding your voice in extraordinary times’. She is also the fourth black woman to do so, following in the footsteps of outstanding Black-Americans that include Edith Cooper (Kellogg ’86), Global Head of Human Capital at Goldman Sachs in 2017, Roslyn Brock, Chairman Emeritus of the NAACP in 2012 and media titan Oprah Winfrey, in 2011.

She felt incredibly honoured that not even up to a decade after graduating from Kellogg where she earned her MBA, she was invited to address the class of 2020.

“As a young woman who has worked hard to promote Africa in all I do, this meant a lot to me. I was sad when due to COVID 19, I was unable to join them in person. But by God’s grace, we will do so next year”. Ada said.

With a critical phase of their lives upended by the ongoing global health pandemic, the class of 2020 completed the last few months of their MBA degree program virtually, instead of on campus in the classroom, and they will receive their diplomas in the mail or on their phones. Recognizing the need to offer extra inspiration at this extraordinary moment in history, in her commencement speech, Osakwe praised them for their bravery, resilience and courage.

Ada is the Founder of Agrolay Ventures, an investment firm focusing on early-stage innovative food companies in Africa. Since 2015, the firm has built a portfolio of 10 high-growth investments in food and technology, including The Nuli Juice Company (‘Nuli’), Nigeria’s fastest-growing farm-to-table beverage producer and fast-casual restaurant chain that utilizes locally-grown vegetables and fruits.

After her time in New York, she went into public service, joining the Nigerian Minister of Agriculture as his Senior Investment Advisor. This high-level role gave her unparalleled exposure at the highest levels. After four years, she gave up all the power and influence that came with her position, deciding to become an entrepreneur instead.

Osakwe revealed that those she called her friends disappeared overnight, her phone wasn’t ringing anymore. She says it was a difficult time as she felt she had to prove her professional capabilities to people all over again and rebuild her entire private-sector career from scratch. “Thinking back, it was just what was needed to motivate me to make sure my start-up, Nuli, became the fastest-growing beverage brand and fast-casual restaurant chain in Nigeria.” She said.

For Ada, it’s important to believe in yourself to make it through challenging times: “So in your quest to thrive, there will be curve-balls thrown your way and you’ll have to take risks, it’s a given. But you’ve just got to trust your journey,” she advised the graduating students.

Furthermore, she emphasized on the importance of finding their voices saying “…globally, we are at a tipping point, as we see various forms of injustice being revealed. And so now, more than ever, the world needs brave leaders like you, and me, and all other Kellogg grads around the world, to provide solutions to the existential problems being faced by humanity.” Adding that “It so important to find your voice and help others find theirs too, during these extraordinary times.”.

This message was important to Osakwe as she has recently been very outspoken about the Nigerian Government’s insufficient response to support small business owners in Nigeria through the difficult COVID 19 pandemic. “Small businesses like mine, a group that makes up over 80 percent of the labour force of my country, have been left alone to navigate these shaky waters”, Osakwe complained.

Ada has an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, MSc in Economics and Finance from University of Warwick, U.K. and BSc in Economics (First Class Honours) from the University of Hull, U.K.

She is Chair of the Small Business Networking Nigeria (SBNN), a new organisation founded by small business owners to represent their collective voices and interests on issues around policy and business environment.

https://businessday.ng/women-hub/article/ada-osakwe-becomes-first-african-to-give-a-speech-at-the-convocation-ceremony-of-kellogg-school-of-management/
She tried but nothing much. any other girl in the streets could have done better. This achievement is conspiratorially the exclusive preserve of the classes not the masses in Nigeria were people are poor even against their will!
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Tribery: 7:57am On Jun 22, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY4:
Make we cor dey jump cuz she talk for kellog university?
Abi her speech go stop politicians to dey loot or stop Erosion for Aba, Anambra etc

Abeg make ona carry better news come front page like Obaseki or Father Christmas Aketi News
Appreciate her
she's not the cause of your problem
she's not from the West either
drink water And drop cup
#anumanu
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by engrchykae(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2020
Amaka people
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Slawoomir: 10:00am On Jun 22, 2020
osazsky:
see painment I guess u have been looking for the meaning of ada and osakwe in igbo if u didn't find it in Google get an encyclopedia
Its astonishing to hear someone claim that Ada and osakwe are yoruba words. Very very astonishing.
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by eisley: 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Beauty with brains, we keep repping in positive ways across the globe.

Meanwhile, do you know you can; purchase airtime, purchase data, pay bills, pay for cable subscriptions, and also manage your account from the comfort of your home without been faced with poor network receiption from your network data provider?

This can be done with GTBank USSD code *737#. It's safe, fast and convenient.
Re: Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 29, 2020
We cry of racism,yet we always attribute to anything done by black as a big feat relating it to race.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Students Going Into Relationships On Campus, Do Or Don’t? / How To Confirm/know If Your O'level Result Has Been Uploaded On Jamb Portal / Wole Soyinka Government High School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.