Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Why Can't Fathers Have The Father's Day To Fathers? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Can't Fathers Have The Father's Day To Fathers? (215 Views)

Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat / Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift / My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Fathers Have The Father's Day To Fathers? by Ufedolove: 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
If you have been on any social platform in 9ja since this morning, you should have come across posts supporting and condemning wishing a woman--mother to be precise a happy father's day on father's day.

Personally, I think it's just a set of people trying to dig fights out where there is none to start with because it is just too much of a puzzle for my mind how you wait till this particular day to show your mum that love, thereby making everything controversial. In fact, in the process, the aim will ultimately not be achieved.

I also don't understand this point of "a father is anyone who takes up the responsibilities of a father". I argued this with my girlfriend when I asked her to tell me what the responsibilities to qualify you as a father are and.... you guessed right: she was caught in the corner and then she asked me to seek google.

At some point, I had to back to my dictionary to check who a father is and back to Wikipedia to know what father's day is all about. Ladies and gentlemen, father's day is a day to celebrate fathers in the world whether they are "responsible or irresponsible". So far, your sperm fertilized an egg and that egg turned to a human being which was born, you are a father.

It's funny how a day for men out of 365 days can't be specifically and exclusively for men. I see posts saying "happy father's day to all the responsible fathers", and I boil cos during the days of mothers, every female becomes a mother or a potential mother and are all celebrated alike.

Anyways, what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Fathers Have The Father's Day To Fathers? by Professorcplus(m): 8:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
"My only father in this world is my heavenly father " guess who said this cheesy
Re: Why Can't Fathers Have The Father's Day To Fathers? by Emmanuelcann: 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
My brother. We're not bothered and we don't care. My household didn't bother to wish me anything but on mother's days we present gifts to mothers. It won't make a father less than he is. They can even add the day to the numerous mother's days in the year.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Fathers Have The Father's Day To Fathers? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
The kindergarten "boys vs girls" time we have found ourselves in. Many of us have decided not to outgrow it.
Re: Why Can't Fathers Have The Father's Day To Fathers? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
Only a bitter single mother will wish herself a happy fathers day, when in fact she isnt a father and can never be one.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help A Sister Out, / Storybooks For Children / Violence Against The Girl Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.