Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? (3559 Views)

Which Religion Is The Right One And Why? / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by karo93: 8:41am On Jun 23, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:
This thread is a very sensitive one !

Hundred men will tell you hundred reasons/ways to find out the True Religion
(Reason (1) because of Diversity in the nature of men.)
(Reason (2) because of Diversity in the Culture & mindset of men)

Most religions claims I am Right, Others are wrong. Therefore, there is no one True Religion
(Reason: For every Religion X, it will be and always be the wrong path in the sight of faithfuls of Religion Y,Z,...all others)

The moral of religion is to guide man to the right path, make us live a modest, holy, truthful, sincere life and to be kind to others
(Biggest moral is "not to be a harm to fellow lives" with subject to "mindful quotient of fear for faithful compliace"wink

God himself will never create One right path that only leads to him & create several other wrong paths to lead mankind astray.
(Because he creates the Diversity & understands that Millions of mankind wouldnt all think/choose alike)

I would have been an Atheist, but considering the fact that the Anatomy/intelligience/structure of mankind and the universe is obviously too far from being called an accident or mere bang collision (accidents dont bring planned orderlines!).

Do not waste your precious time to find any useless proof/fact/evidence because, Godliness is spiritual (not science).
Godliness & Spiritualities cannot be proven using scientific thesis/medium beased on facts & physical evidence
(If you doubt this, Hold your head with your right hand v early in d morning before eating, call your names & your mothers name and lay curses of your day's endeavours. Tell your day to be ruined with adversities.....then judge your outcome with science)

My take:
I might be wrong or right. Its all man for himself & a free world, take your own take too based on your own reasoning

Whatsoever Religion you find yourself doing and getting Results,
Whatsoever Religion you find your own "Self-conviction",
Whatsoever Religion you find appealing,
Whatsoever Religion you find Peace
Follow it faithfully.
If (no one nows) there will be any form of judgment/accountability after death, you will be judged based on your Religion.

Religions are like Subjects we take in Schools, and you will be only be examined based on your chosen subject.
No true Subject, all are based on your ability/passion/interest. Students doing fine in Mathematics might be doing so poor in Economics, its left for students to find out their strenghts and choose based on that.

Thank you (I wouldnt respond to anyone )

Am not disputing the power of curses just stating that time and chance happen to everyone thus when bad things happen to the person that is cursing himself he will believe its his curses and when good things happen to the person that blesses himself he will believe its supernatural,when bad happens its a trial or a mistake.

Nigerian leaders have been heavily cursed by Nigerians but their lives are not different from that of the average nigerian; Babangida Abdulsalami Obasanjo buhari are enjoying long life and riches. If they are very religious then they definitely believe God is blessing them and showering them with love. But Abacha is dead and it seems like God punished him
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by LabuleofNigeria: 9:44am On Jun 23, 2020
karo93:

Nigerian leaders have been heavily cursed by Nigerians but their lives are not different from that of the average nigerian; Babangida Abdulsalami Obasanjo buhari are enjoying long life and riches. If they are very religious then they definitely believe God is blessing them and showering them with love. But Abacha is dead and it seems like God punished him

Havent you ever heard of spiritual protection & practices that sheild attacks before?
Do you know the extent these people have gone or prices they have paid spiritualy to forestall incoming evil. Use your head.

Go mention Obaxxnjo's full names & his mother's full name at Ailala shrine for evil if u wont go blind. try same for Gani Adxms & Oni.

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 23, 2020
tintingz:

Oh my f*ckin God!!!

You guys are ridiculous. grin grin

The bolded is the proof of your insincerity! wink

If there's no God, then there should be any mention of God talkless personally claiming to have anything to do with God.

For you to have typed that, means you're just deceiving yourself! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 23, 2020
Xmuslim:

Circular argument as usual. You once agreed that Bible is not error free and you are here telling us how honest you are for following such religion.

The concept of original sin in itself is NONSENSE and you want a whole me to believe in such CRAZY idea. Sincerity my foot

I don't argue with jehonah witness anymore though.

I was even reluctant to read your post, but I thought you would be logical in analysis.

YOU ARE A VERY FUNNY MAN DEFENDING ILLOGICAL IDEA WITH BOLDESS grin grin

Please the underlined!
You must have misunderstood me for someone else, the Bible is a perfect book Sir! smiley

Nobody has the right to force another in to believing anything, that was just a mere presentation so no strings attached.

Over 8,700,000 individuals from different races, tongues and national groups have accepted that presentation, they made use of it and it has helped them to form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers, they will never have anything to do with weapons anymore because they now believe in the power of dialogue, and that's what is governing them throughout the earth today!

So if you and your cohorts can't see how practical what that book teaches, please try to present another book that can unite people from different races under one umbrella and ensure there is perfect peace like the one adherents of this book have! smiley
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by tintingz(m): 10:40am On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

The bolded is the proof of your insincerity! wink

If there's no God, then there should be any mention of God talkless personally claiming to have anything to do with God.

For you to have typed that, means you're just deceiving yourself! wink

Search for the meaning of "oh my God" and stop ridiculing yourself.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2020
tintingz:

There is no sense in mentioning "God" if you're 100% sure nothing like that exists Sir! cheesy

For you to have typed that, it simply means you are just deceiving yourself! cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 10:43am On Jun 23, 2020
tintingz:

Actually the Bible is full of myths.
Have it your way, young man.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by tintingz(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

There is no sense in mentioning "God" if you're 100% sure nothing like that exists Sir! cheesy

For you to have typed that, it simply means you are just deceiving yourself! cheesy

OH MY GOD!!!

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/oh-my-god/
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2020
DappaD:

Have it your way, young man.

tintingz:
Oh my God!. undecided

He typed the above after hearing strange things he never thought he could hear.
And to my amazement tintingz (an atheist) actually typed (not said) perhaps to have been a slip of tongue "Oh my God"
Now he's trying hide behind a finger, what was he thinking when he typed that?
I'm sure he will come and say "it's sarcasm" cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 23, 2020
tintingz:

OH MY GOD!!!

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/oh-my-god/

The same people defined God and Religion, they taught you that Religion connotes the believe in God/gods, so you agreed with their definition and concluded there is nothing like "God" in existence, yet while chatting with someone to whom you want to refute the existence of God you now typed "Oh my God"!
So you now have to run back to your teachers in order to defend yourself over saying something like that!

My friend, wake up now! undecided

You're already serving those books as your God! embarassed

They determine how your brain works, so you're just empty without their books.

So what are you disputing with religionists who also live their lives the same way? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

The same people defined God and Religion, they taught you that Religion connotes the believe in God/gods, so you agreed with their definition and concluded there is nothing like "God" in existence, yet while chatting with someone to whom you want to refute the existence of God you now typed "Oh my God"!
So you now have to run back to your teachers in order to defend yourself over saying something like that!

My friend, wake up now! undecided

You're already serving those books as your God! embarassed

They determine how your brain works, so you're just empty without their books.

So what are you disputing with religionists who also live their lives the same way? cheesy

Walahi Talahi these atheists are the most stupid set of humans on planet earth! undecided undecided undecided

How do you justify something of that sort?

Your Dictionaries define everything for you just as the Bible shapens the thinking of it's adherents, you (atheist) mock them for allowing such, yet each time you do stupid things you run back to the same dictionary to get another definition to back your error! embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

He typed the above after hearing strange things he never thought he could hear.
And to my amazement tintingz (an atheist) actually typed (not said) perhaps to have been a slip of tongue "Oh my God"
Now he's trying hide behind a finger, what was he thinking when he typed that?
I'm sure he will come and say "it's sarcasm" cheesy
I think tintingz believes in a Supreme Being but maybe due to his knowledge gaps or what his religion taught him in the past, he's concluded that there's no God
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2020
DappaD:

I think tintingz believes in a Supreme Being but maybe due to his knowledge gaps or what his religion taught him in the past, he's concluded that there's no God

No my brother, i've been on Nairaland for some time now and i know most of these hopeless idiots claiming ATHEISTS.

They all commits the same blunders but when you now ask them why such stupidity, they'll quickly go back to pick their dictionaries.

Yet they still come back arguing bitterly, profusely and blindly saying "there is no God"
Please how come the same book that defines "God" making him run to the conclusion that there is no God suffice again when he stupidly typed "Oh my God" embarassed
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

No my brother, i've been on Nairaland for some time now and i know most of these hopeless idiots claiming ATHEISTS.

They all commits the same blunders but when you now ask them why such stupidity, they'll quickly go back to pick their dictionaries.

Yet they still come back arguing bitterly, profusely and blindly saying "there is no God"
Please how come the same book that defines "God" making him run to the conclusion that there is no God suffice again when he stupidly typed "Oh my God" embarassed

How are they sure what's in the dictionary is actually correct? grin
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 23, 2020
DappaD:

How are they sure what's in the dictionary is actually correct? grin

That's why i keep telling them that we all believe in God/gods, it depends on how each person relate with his own God!

Satan fabricated so many means of catching them and bringing them under his control while they keep thinking they're actually free from mind controlling! cheesy

Each time you have a serious discussion with an atheist, the next thing is for him to start quoting the dictionaries whereas the dictionaries were written by humans like himself!

One of them said to me "that book (Bible) was written by your colonial masters (white men)" but please shey na my black brothers composed what is found in the dictionaries? cheesy

So who is deceiving who? smiley
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by karo93: 12:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Havent you ever heard of spiritual protection & practices that sheild attacks before?
Do you know the extent these people have gone or prices they have paid spiritualy to forestall incoming evil. Use your head.

Go mention Obaxxnjo's full names & his mother's full name at Ailala shrine for evil if u wont go blind. try same for Gani Adxms & Oni.

Thats what we say for every evil person that prospers and lives well..... sadly abacha ddnt know the secret of fortification and neither did any pastor or other good people that live poor and die early.

But if any of them dies horribly today we will still feel the curses finally caught up with them.

Its wat i said.....the outcome is fixed and we will always come up with an explanation regardless of whether the curses work or not
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

That's why i keep telling them that we all believe in God/gods, it depends on how each person relate with his own God!

Satan fabricated so many means of catching them and bringing them under his control while they keep thinking they're actually free from mind controlling! cheesy

Each time you have a serious discussion with an atheist, the next thing is for him to start quoting the dictionaries whereas the dictionaries were written by humans like himself!

One of them said to me "that book (Bible) was written by your colonial masters (white men)" but please shey na my black brothers composed what is found in the dictionaries? cheesy

So who is deceiving who? smiley

The day they called themselves freethinkers is the day they began lying to themselves. Everyone on this earth is influenced one way or another

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
DappaD:

The day they called themselves freethinkers is the day they began lying to themselves. Everyone on this earth is influenced one way or another
No doubt!
With the exception of confirmed mad men (psychopaths)! smiley
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 1:13pm On Jun 23, 2020
IMAliyu:

So by what metric(s) should one measure the validity of a religion?

Validity is always measured by conformity to reality or a set standard. For instance for your ID Card to be valid it needs to meet the standard set by who ever is the issuing authority. Another example is scientific theories, for a scientific to be valid its data must be observable, repeatable and predictable.

Nobody measures validity by the metrics you mentioned. That a lie produces positive effects does not make it truth.

Since no authority has stepped forward to introduce itself as the authority on religion, we are left with judging religion based on conformity with reality. So far no religion has come close to showing it conforms with reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Xmuslim: 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
LordReed:

Validity is always measured by conformity to reality or a set standard. For instance for your ID Card to be valid it needs to meet the standard set by who ever is the issuing authority. Another example is scientific theories, for a scientific to be valid its data must be observable, repeatable and predictable.

Nobody measures validity by the metrics you mentioned. That a lie produces positive effects does not make it truth.

Since no authority has stepped forward to be introduce itself as the authority on religion, we are left with judging religion based on conformity with reality. So far no religion has come close to showing it conforms with reality.

In addition, no abrahamic religion's book is free of errors

1 Like

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
Xmuslim:

In addition, no abrahamic religion's book is free of errors

Your PERSONAL opinion Sir! wink
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
tintingz:

They latch on to any fucking innanity as proof of their god. Utterly ridiculous.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
LordReed:

They latch on to any fucking innanity as proof of their god. Utterly ridiculous.
Oyinbo repete! grin
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by tintingz(m): 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2020
LordReed:

Lol, They're looking for every opportunity to make their imaginary god real. I'm just laughing and having fun with their clownery. grin

1 Like

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
tintingz:

Lol, They're looking for every opportunity to make their imaginary god real. I'm just laughing and having fun with their clownery. grin

That's better!
So next time you see someone talking about his God, try to keep shut because there are believers that will silence you in your stupidity!

I thought you guys like arguing based on intellect, why not prove that you don't have any god when i asked you the reason you kept running to pick your dictionaries?

Do you think dictionaries must determine how everyone thinks? cheesy

Abegi go and sit down! cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by tintingz(m): 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

That's better!
So next time you see someone talking about his God, try to keep shut because there are believers that will silence you in your stupidity!
Anyone that said "oh my God" suddenly believes in God?, when they say many religious people are clowns they thought we're lying.

I thought you guys like arguing based on intellect, why not prove that you don't have any god when i asked you the reason you kept running to pick your dictionaries?

Do you think dictionaries must determine how everyone thinks? cheesy

Abegi go and sit down! cheesy

Ok, dictionaries are religious books and they're are meaningless to you.

1 Like

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
LordReed:

The Black Stone
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
tintingz:
Anyone that said "oh my God" suddenly believes in God, when they say many religious people are clowns they thought we're lying.
Ok, dictionaries are religious books and they're are meaningless to you.

Bible is a book just like your dictionary, so if my Bible doesn't count before you please keep your dictionaries to yourself!

Let's talk about what is practically applicable in our society and stop quoting books, is that not what you and your cohorts are saying? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
karo93:

Lol.....which is more dangerous?

A religion that will destroy your body for a limited time and take away your short human life for not believing in them...

OR

A religion that plans to have you tortured for all eternity for not believing in them...

Your point is weak.
He is scared of death, yet wants to enter heaven to drink milk and honey.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

Bible is a book just like your dictionary, so if my Bible doesn't count before you please keep your dictionaries to yourself!

Let's talk about what is practically applicable in our society and stop quoting books, is that not what you and your cohorts are saying? cheesy

They're confirmed psychopaths!

According to them are the two not books fabricated by humans like you and i?

So why should i agree with what yours says when you keep condemning mine? cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
I wonder o! cheesy
TATIME:

They're confirmed psychopaths!

According to them are the two not books fabricated by humans like you and i?

So why should i agree with what yours says when you keep condemning mine? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by tintingz(m): 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? / Pastor Offered Me R10 000 To Sit In A Wheelchair: Stand Up And Walk -sowetan, / 56th Annual Rccg Convention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.