Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? (3561 Views)

Which Religion Is The Right One And Why? / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin
Now they need to know one's motive before answering questions.
These clowns.

Are you also ready to answer my own questions? cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
^^^^
Any sane human being should avoid that guy, to think he actually click submit on the rubbish he writes baffles me.

2 Likes

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
kingxsamz:

Well, if you're not ready to answer, don't quote me.
My friend go and sitdown inside gutter and use your power of reasoning. Till you do that, don't quote me as well.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Xmuslim:
yes. I have started ignoriny that man
Better!
That's what most of your professors do when they come in contact with intelligent Bible Students!

Do have a lovely week! smiley
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

Most of their professors already know me, so whenever i see any of them come my way i know he has not learnt his lessons.

Who told tintingz now to stay clear of my zone? cheesy

When he tasted the heat, nobody told him to pack off my zone. If he feels like ridiculing religionists he can go and do so with Churchgoers not a servant of the true God, i'll turn his intestines with powerful reasoning! wink

They're all the same
None of them are actually knowledgeable even when they claim to be
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
I just love how GRIMMJOE was ignored in the previous pages undecided undecided
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
DappaD:

My friend go and sitdown inside gutter and use your power of reasoning. Till you do that, don't quote me as well.

Whatever is good for the goose nah! cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
DappaD:
I just love how GRIMMJOE was ignored in the previous pages undecided undecided
The truth can't be argued with.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
The truth can't be argued with.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

Whatever is good for the goose nah! cheesy
Exactly
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2020

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
DappaD:

They're all the same
None of them are actually knowledgeable even when they claim to be

I've been to an event where world renoun ATHEISTS gather for a meeting, my brother that's the day i detest these idiots.

Before that day i used to hold them as intellectuals. But that day i was shocked as these useless people can't even organize themselves in a manner befitting elites.
Each wants to speak in his own language, they were using a translating device that's how we who were present got some info but they never agree on any issue.
Each speaker just want to prove his eloquence that's all! embarassed
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
Free thinking is an individual path to making the right decision in life.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

I've been to an event where world renoun ATHEISTS gather for a meeting, my brother that's the day i detest these idiots.

Before that day i used to hold them as intellectuals. But that day i was shocked as these useless people can't even organize themselves in a manner befitting elites.
Each wants to speak in his own language, they were using a translating device that's how we who were present got some info but they never agree on any issue.
Each speaker judt want to prove is his eloquence that's all! embarassed
grin grin
As usual, a house divided against itself will not stand! Matthew 12:25 smiley
But remember brother, we are admonished to “honor men of all sorts” 1Peter 2:17 so even if we may not agree with them on what they choose to believe in, we cannot DETEST them in our hearts smiley
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Free thinking is an individual path to making the right decision in life.
Only insane people(mad people who roam the streets) are freethinkers, young man.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2020
IMAliyu:

My point wasn't that someone measures the validity of anything by the list I mentioned, but that we have no set standard and shouldn't there be a standard if we are going to be making bold claims to having exclusivity to the truth?
People will argue that their faith is the only valid one without having an unambiguous and practical way to prove it.
So like my analogy "even if you can't see a flame in front of you, you should be able to feel it's heat" Meaning if the perfect faith from an all good God exists we should be able to easily observe it.
Therefore I was willing to suspend looking at things for how logical or factual they were and judge it from the stand point of what effects and outcomes they have when people believe in them. We are in the realm of abstractions now.
So just like how fiat money works because people believe it has value and works when it doesn't really have anything physical to back it up (like in the former gold standard), except the unspoken agreement between the people that use that currency. Or how when we presuppose that every human life has value and everyone is born equal we do achieve a relatively peaceful, fair and self-improving society not perfect though (a positive outcome) compared to believing some lives are more valuable than others and you get an oppressive and corrupt society. Even if you can't demonstrate and prove that everyone is equal or why we should value everyone's life. Such a presupposition or belief has proven to give the best results for everyone anywhere. And so that's why I was willing to look at the people and society that believe and practice a religion instead. So like my previous point which was if such a religion exists wouldn't those people be the best of the best and shouldn't we have noticed it by now.
Though this still does not prove the validity of any religions at the end of the day as tin.tingz pointed out because the core premise of any religion is the still an unprovable claim such as reincarnation, god(s), eternal damnation etc, but this does look at the practicality of its philosophy when applied in the real world.

Ok I think I understand.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
DappaD:

Only insane people(mad people who roam the streets) are freethinkers, young man.
Is that so, tell me what they are thinking about.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
DappaD:

grin grin
As usual, a house divided against itself will not stand! Matthew 12:25 smiley
But remember brother, we are admonished to “honor men of all sorts” 1Peter 2:17 so even if we may not agree with them on what they choose to believe in, we cannot DETEST them in our hearts smiley

My brother, what really pained me was the way my boss gave us specific instructions tell us we're going to be on guard for three days to secure the venue of meeting.
And when they arrived, they were old men and well to do. So i was happy to have been present not until when they want to start discussing, come and see arguments! embarassed

The only reason why these miscreants have relative peace is the 'we against them' attitude as they pitch their tent against rrligionists. That's the only thing that makes them seems sane o.

Just gather them all alone in one place and see the outcome of the gathering! cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Is that so, tell me what they are thinking about.

My friend don't you get it?

They're mad! As in insanes (psychopaths)

They need not align their thoughts with anyone, that's why they're free to think in any direction! cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

My friend don't you get it?

They're mad! As in insanes (psychopaths)

They need not align their thoughts with anyone, that's why they're free to think in any direction! cheesy

And you know this how, have you been mad before.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
Watch out for part 2 cheesy

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
And you know this how, have you been mad before.

Don't you see mad men in your neighbourhood?

That's why i keep telling you guys that your dictionaries are useless! cheesy

You know a person's thoughts are free by observing his/her moves, psychopaths don't expect any approval from you so they're absolute freethinkers! cheesy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Where does your thought come from or what creates them and influences them?

As far as I know my thoughts arise from the agglomeration of neuro-chemical and neuro-electrical activities in my brain. My thoughts are influenced by many factors both known and unknown. Some of the known ones are my current activity, my past experiences, my hormone levels, etc.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

My brother, what really pained me was the way my boss gave us specific instructions tell us we're going to be on guard for three days to secure the venue of meeting.
And when they arrived, they were old men and well to do. So i was happy to have been present not until when they want to start discussing, come and see arguments! embarassed

The only reason why these miscreants have relative peace is the 'we against them' attitude as they pitch their tent against rrligionists. That's the only thing that makes them seems sane o.

Just gather them all alone in one place and see the outcome of the gathering! cheesy
That's what happens when they try to fall back to their own thinking and understanding
They become all the more confused
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by DappaD: 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

So far all the posts I've been seeing from the supposed atheists on this thread are just laughable and really absurd. Such an unwise life course! undecided
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

Don't you see mad men in your neighbourhood?

That's why i keep telling you guys that your dictionaries are useless! cheesy

You know a person's thoughts are free by observing his/her moves, psychopaths don't expect any approval from you so they're absolute freethinkers! cheesy
I thought you rejected dictionary some few pages ago, now you want to use it to prove your point, confusionist.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Watch out for part 2 cheesy

That's a Bible prophecy my friend!

The world (unbelievers) take believers as mad people, but God promised the believers everlasting life.

So the future we're seeing with our eyes of faith, when you're no more, we will renovate this planet and live forever in peace on it! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
LordReed:

As far as I know my thoughts arise from the agglomeration of neuro-chemical and neuro-electrical activities in my brain. My thoughts are influenced by many factors both known and unknown. Some of the known ones are my current activity, my past experiences, my hormone levels, etc.
Theist right now.

Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by CodeTemplar: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
LordReed:

Some ignoramuses are sophisticated I-zwear!

So by neuro-chemical and neuron electrical you implying thoughts are influenced by foods intake. Maybe brilliant folks lacked protein at infancy
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maximus69:

That's a Bible prophecy my friend!

The world (unbelievers) take believers as mad people, but God promised the believers everlasting life.

So the future we're seeing with our eyes of faith, when you're no more, we will renovate this planet and live forever in peace on it! smiley
So you're mad, good to know.
Re: How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
I thought you rejected dictionary some few pages ago, now you want to use it to prove your point, confusionist.
Where did i quote a dictionary? cheesy

If you don't understand any word of phrase just ask me and i'll explain.

That's how your professors behave in their gathering Sir, it's you the underdogs that live your lives based on the definitions they give you, they change the definition of any word whenever they feel it doesn't soothe them anymore! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor And Archbishop Benson Idahosa / 56th Annual Rccg Convention. / There Will Be Alot Of Death Through 2go Tomorrow -T.B Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.