Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section (1512 Views)

Tinubu Has Promised To Protect All Religious Interests If Elected. / Pictures Of Some Nairaland Moderators And Super Moderators. / Biased Moderators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 3:02am On Jun 22, 2020
Dear Seun,

It was not long ago that many Nairalanders complained about their experiences with biased moderators who allow their friends to tell them who to ban. Simply put, friends of the moderators now boast because they can get others banned or posts hidden. Here is the thread of the previous complaints about biased moderators;
https://www.nairaland.com/5836678/biased-moderators

Now, a similar thing is happening on the TV/Movie section. The fastest moving thread on that section, which brings a lot of traffic is the "What movie are you watching now" thread. The new tactic in bias moderating is that the thread is now "over-policed" in which "enemies" of the friends of a moderator are banned for "derailing". How derailing is defined on the thread is haphazard.

Before I go further into the issue, it is necessary to give a background on the thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/1549406/what-movie-watching-now
The "What movie are you watching now" thread has been opened since 2013. This thread was opened to discuss whatever movie a nairalander is currently watching. This thread was very stagnant with slow traffic as it had only 500 pages for 4 years (2013-2017). However, for the next 2 years (2018 to present), this thread gathered over 2000 pages! The reason for the increase in traffic and comments was that people started analysing and discussing films as compared to before when people only dropped the name of the movie they were watching.

The increase in traffic is very relevant to the problem at hand- unfair accusations of derailing. There are tangential discussions that stem from discussing the themes of a movie. For instance, discussing an African American (black) film will lead to discussions on racism and black lives matter. This was not a problem from 2018 till early 2020. But now, you can be banned for derailing for it because a close friend of the moderator decides that the discussion is too much for him or her.

Just recently, nairalanders were having a discussion on race and black lives matter as a result of a Netflix special movie on BLM. This is not derailing but the friends of the moderator felt it so and many people got banned for it. This is not even the first time something like this has happened. It has happened many times- people were also banned for discussing Marvel Vs DC comics as a tangential discussion from Avengers movie.

Now, I am going to be specific and call out names. The culprits in this problem are Mynd44, Ishilove and Naptu2. Especially Naptu2, who even boasts in his diary about reporting and silencing people. This is not the first time that Mynd44 and Ishilove have been mentioned in the case of moderator bias. In fact, both Ishilove and Naptu2 have made themselves the police and judge of the thread- they deem posts to be hidden and then, Mynd44 is the executioner.

What is even more vexing is the fact that Naptu2 rarely comments on that thread. For over a year, he barely had any comments on that thread. But he feels that he has more rights than anybody on that thread. This has led to many people leaving the thread for good out of frustration.

Out of frustration, a new thread was created for both Ishilove and Naptu2 to leave the good people of the original movie thread- both of them obliged at first, but when they saw that people were happy that they were gone, they came back to wreak havoc on the original thread. Here is the new thread that was created for them (both of them participated in that thread); https://www.nairaland.com/5903041/what-movie-did-watch-today

Here is Naptu2 gleefully boasting about reporting people for what he deems to be derailing
https://www.nairaland.com/822196/it-begins-me/243#90913793
https://www.nairaland.com/822196/it-begins-me/240#90609013

There are many witnesses to this injustice. I can name names. However, the simple truth is that this is destroying morale and traffic on nairaland. I hope there is an investigation and correction into this matter. Thanks.

edit- I have also mailed the supermods on this issue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 3:05am On Jun 22, 2020
Just to be fair, I will call the witnesses to this issue- alexistaiwo, mjbolt, pryme, pu7pl3, abduleez1, mekaprime2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by naptu2: 4:05am On Jun 22, 2020
Rules exist for a reason. How can anyone complain when they openly violate the rules? How can you expect not to be sanctioned when you openly violate the rules? That's one of the problems we have in Nigeria, people openly violate the rules and expect that there will be no consequences. That is quite clearly wrong. The crazy thing is that they are not even saying that they haven't broken the rules, rather they want to be special people who break rules without consequence. Then why do the rules exist? You see these rules every single time that you create a post!

This is so crazy! People break rules, openly admit that they are breaking the rules, but want people who are law abiding to be sanctioned while they continue to break the rules. You can't make this stuff up.

All anyone needs to do is check the offending posts and see if they break the rules or not.

How can you complain that the mods are biased when you are clearly breaking the rules?

I come to read movie reviews on a movie thread and I see people insulting themselves and using vulgar language, of course I'll report them. I come to read movie reviews on a movie thread and I see people derailing the thread, going 3 pages without a single reference to a movie, of course I'll report them. What's so hard in creating a chat thread in the general section if you want to discuss off topic? Why must you make the experience unpleasant for others with your threats and insults?

You have people who don't care how they ruin other's experience on the thread simply because they have a hundred different accounts that they use to get around bans (which in itself is a violation of rule 19). And so they insult people, mock people, derail the thread because they can simply switch accounts when they get banned. One of them has openly admitted that he came to the thread to fight someone. How do you expect not to get banned when you came to fight?

All anyone needs to do is to go and read the thread and look at the hidden posts. They speak for themselves.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by naptu2: 4:42am On Jun 22, 2020
For example, this particular person has numerous accounts, including logicboy, logic01, logic007, Graciex3, whitelotus, maccantstopme, jeromeblack, cheers01, jackbizzle and very many other accounts (he might even be the person operating this "Naijamemes" account).

He derives joy from going from section to section and creating chaos and anarchy where ever he goes. As you can see from his maccantstopme moniker, he hates moderators because they stop him from creating chaos. He enjoys insulting and bullying people and he openly admits to this (as you can see from the post below), yet he believes that he should suffer no penalty for his behaviour and rather, law abiding people who complain about his behaviour should be the ones that should be punished. Here are some of his posts. This is what they want to turn the movie thread into.

JeromeBlack:

Everyone has their madness. As for me, I accept being a troll- trolling is just entertainment for me.

Your own madness is relentless hypocrisy and sanctimony.

You caused all this for yourself when you trolled me, got me banned and insulted me over the years.

You are not innocent. Enjoy your pain.

What does the post above have to do with movies??

JeromeBlack:

I know the answer. You are a broke babe with no real friends.

A real loser in life.

Damn

What does this have to do with movies??

JeromeBlack:

Check my posts. I refrained from spoilers. It was your immature entitled attitude that made me to attack you.

You are very right. I have a certain madness. But, then, you picked a fight with a madman. So, not only are you suffering for foolishly picking a fight with a madman, you are also seen as a mad person.

Think of this as karma for playing with a bull. You are feeling the horns

Look at the vulgar language in the post below!

abduleez1:
LMAO...... E pain am.

And the overused Love-hole now thinks her whoring self was the one who gave me my certificate. grin grin

I'm not a slowpoke unlike you picking fights 24/7 with every stranger you see and running to mods for salvation. grin

JeromeBlack got her Love-hole fvcked so bad she's suffering from PTSD and thinks everyone who criticises her are Jerome, or in her lingua— Logicboy. grin

How does this add value to the movie thread? Why shouldn't I report this sort of posts??

I dare them to show any post that I created that has anything like that in it. How can you say the mods are biased for hiding this kind of posts and banning the poster? Shouldn't these posts be hidden and the posters banned? What do these posts have to do with movies??

I have absolutely no apologies for reporting them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Ishilove: 4:53am On Jun 22, 2020
naptu2:
Rules exist for a reason. How can anyone complain when they openly violate the rules? How can you expect not to be sanctioned when you openly violate the rules? That's one of the problems we have in Nigeria, people openly violate the rules and expect that there will be no consequences. That is quite clearly wrong. The crazy thing is that they are not even saying that they haven't broken the rules, rather they want to be special people who break rules without consequence. Then why do the rules exist? You see these rules every single time that you create a post!

This is so crazy! People break rules, openly admit that they are breaking the rules, but want people who are law abiding to be sanctioned while they continue to break the rules. You can't make this stuff up.

All anyone needs to do is check the offending posts and see if they break the rules or not.

How can you complain that the mods are biased when you are clearly breaking the rules?

I come to read movie reviews on a movie thread and I see people insulting themselves and using vulgar language, of course I'll report them. I come to read movie reviews on a movie thread and I see people derailing the thread, going 3 pages without a single reference to a movie, of course I'll report them. What's so hard in creating a chat thread in the general section if you want to discuss off topic? Why must you make the experience unpleasant for others without your threats and insults?

You have people who don't care how they ruin other's experience on the thread simply because they have a hundred different accounts that they use to get around bans (which in itself is a violation of rule 19). And so they insult people, mock people, derail the thread because they can simply switch accounts when they get banned. One of them has openly admitted that he came to the thread to fight someone. How do you expect not to get banned when you came to fight?

All anyone needs to do is to go and read the thread and look at the hidden posts. They speak for themselves.
I feel we haven't been reporting enough. Thank God for the report button.
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Ishilove: 4:56am On Jun 22, 2020
naptu2:
For example, this particular person has numerous accounts, including logicboy, logic007, Graciex3, whitelotus, maccantstopme, jeromeblack, cheers01, jackbizzle and very many other accounts (he might even be the person operating this "Naijamemes" account).

He derives joy from going from section to section and creating chaos and anarchy where ever he goes. As you can see from his maccantstopme moniker, he hates moderators because they stop him from creating chaos. He enjoys insulting and bullying people and he openly admits to this (as you can see from the post below), yet he believes that he should suffer no penalty for his behaviour and rather, law abiding people who complain about his behaviour should be the ones that should be punished. Here are some of his posts. This is what they want to turn the movie thread into.

What does the post above have to do with movies??

What does this have to do with movies??

Look at the vulgar language in the post below!

How does this add value to the movie thread? Why shouldn't I report this sort of posts??

I dare them to show any post that I created that has anything like that in it. How can you say the mods are biased for hiding this kind of posts and banning the poster? Shouldn't these posts be hidden and the posters banned? What do these posts have to do with movies??

I have absolutely no apologies for reporting them.
The greatest mistake I made was replying them when they were trolling me and other users. Now that I have resorted to using the report button there is now sanity in the thread.
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Ishilove: 4:58am On Jun 22, 2020
So many users have left that thread because of their endless derailing and trolling. They have constituted themselves a law unto themselves.

The OP also lied. He said a new thread was created for I and naptu2, but on the contrary, it was a user who was fed up of all the trolling and rule breaking that left the thread to create another one which users could read reviews and recommendations in peace.

This is the user, daddycrazy giving his reason for leaving the old thread- and creating the new one- https://www.nairaland.com/1549406/what-movie-watching-now/2192#90312525
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by naptu2: 5:03am On Jun 22, 2020
Like I wrote above, that user loves going from section to section to create havoc and then he'll blame the mods for banning him. This is him using his Graciex3 account (pretending to be a female) to complain about the religion section mods in 2013. This is because the mods there refused to allow him create havoc in that section. Just read what other users of the religion section had to say about him.

https://www.nairaland.com/1438996/logicboy-tells-why-he-left

You can also check out his activities in the Islam For Muslims section and you'll see why he created the Maccantstopme account. Look at the ban history in all those accounts and see how many times they've been banned, how many mods have banned him and in how many sections he has been banned. How come all moderators (from different sections) are against him (only him)? That should tell you that there might be something wrong with what he's doing.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Ishilove: 5:07am On Jun 22, 2020
naptu2:
Like I wrote above, that user loves going from section to section to create havoc and then he'll blame the mods for banning him. This is him using his Graciex3 account (pretending to be a female) to complain about the religion section mods in 2013. This is because the mods there refused to allow him create havoc in that section. Just read what other users of the religion section had to say about him.

https://www.nairaland.com/1438996/logicboy-tells-why-he-left
He has been creating havoc with his numerous accounts since he joined Nairaland. He even discovered the movies thread because he followed me there to troll me.
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Ishilove: 5:12am On Jun 22, 2020
pu7pl3:
so are we ditching this thread or not..?

Afobear:

We will successfully record our activities on both ...Reality is whatever we want it to be Daddy Yankee

abduleez1:

Same question I have too.

Anyhow depending on its performance na we go still RUN AM. grin grin

losprince:

Let's wait for his thread to become popular (which is very unlikely), then we go and re-introduce ourselves. cool

pu7pl3:

everly grin

The above comments are from the regular derailers and rule breakers promising to monitor the new thread so they can go wreak the same havoc that caused daddycrazy to leave the thread and create a new one.
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Ishilove: 5:17am On Jun 22, 2020
A user expresses worry that the trolls will invade the new thread:

Karleb:
You think they won't come here?

The creator of the thread replies-

daddycrazy:

I hope not.

Another user who didn't comment in the old thread because of all the rule breaking and chaos heaves a sigh of relief below:

WetSmoke:
This thread is saner. Please let's keep it this way.
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Greatzeus(m): 5:25am On Jun 22, 2020
NaijaMemes:
Just to be fair, I will call the witnesses to this issue- alexistaiwo, mjbolt, pryme, pu7pl3, abduleez1, mekaprime2
Sir,discussing black lives matter on a movie thread is trolling. Besides those who create threads like this to complain about ban are usually the guilty ones.
I don't know what is wrong with our youth,Nairaland is just a forum,stop carrying it on your head. Are you guys so jobless? Don't you have lives outside Nairaland? Stop creating stupid threads complaining about being banned,nairaland is a facade,don't take what happens there serious,I don't. Rather think about how to be productive and works towards it,your parents are waiting for you to repay them for the fortune expended on your education,you are here crying about one rubbish ban. Lazy youths.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 6:42am On Jun 22, 2020
Greatzeus:

Sir,discussing black lives matter on a movie thread is trolling. Besides those who create threads like this to complain about ban are usually the guilty ones.
I don't know what is wrong with our youth,Nairaland is just a forum,stop carrying it on your head. Are you guys so jobless? Don't you have lives outside Nairaland? Stop creating stupid threads complaining about being banned,nairaland is a facade,don't take what happens there serious,I don't. Rather think about how to be productive and works towards it,your parents are waiting for you to repay them for the fortune expended on your education,you are here crying about one rubbish ban. Lazy youths.

It is clear that you do not understand the meaning of trolling. I was not banned either.

It is also clear that the rules have been haphazardly been applied because historically, from far back as 2018, tangential discussions on movies were not against the rules.

Even so, where are the limits written? How do you know it is wrong to discuss Black Lives Matter as a tangential discussion from analysing a Black lives matter film?

Lastly, I am not a youth. Mind what you write. You are on nairaland too and so, you are not perfect.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2020
I am very grateful that Ishilove and Naptu2 have graced this thread.

The issue that I am reporting is about haphazard applications of the rules on derailing. Can everyone see how they are showing that they only care about accusing people of being trolls and then reporting them?

What is my business with their problems with their enemies and usernames that they deem to be trolls? They are even accusing me of being logic007 who has many usernames. Anyone can check my username- I have never been banned since day 1 on nairaland many years ago.

Anyone can see how they believe that they own the thread. Please, where are the rules on derailing specifically on the movie thread written? I say this because historically on that thread, people have been making tangential threads since 2018 till present. Why is it now a crime to do the same tangential discussion?

I am not here to defend trolling but to defend meaningful discussions. Let them address the Black Lives Matter discussion that was banned.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by naptu2: 7:00am On Jun 22, 2020
NaijaMemes:
I am very grateful that Ishilove and Naptu2 have graced this thread.

The issue that I am reporting is about haphazard applications of the rules on derailing. Can everyone see how they are showing that they only care about accusing people of being trolls and then reporting them?

What is my business with their problems with their enemies and usernames that they deem to be trolls? They are even accusing me of being logic007 who has many usernames. Anyone can check my username- I have never been banned since day 1 on nairaland many years ago.

Anyone can see how they believe that they own the thread. Please, where are the rules on derailing specifically on the movie thread written? I say this because historically on that thread, people have been making tangential threads since 2018 till present. Why is it now a crime to do the same tangential discussion?

I am not here to defend trolling but to defend meaningful discussions. Let them address the Black Lives Matter discussion that was banned.

Rule 1 exists for a reason. Nairaland is a huge forum and nothing stops you from having your meaningful discussion in the right place. This is a thread on the literature section. It is a story thread https://www.nairaland.com/1205583/iyawo-nylon-bag

People who derailed that thread had their posts hidden and repeat offenders were banned. I wanted to discuss issues about that thread. I did not derail the thread, rather I created a discussion thread in the general section https://www.nairaland.com/1272634/iyawo-nylon-bag-gist-thread

Is that so difficult to do? Besides, you and I know that those "meaningful discussions" contained insults. Swear that the black lives matter discussion that was hidden yesterday did not contain any insults.

It isn't too hard to obey the rules.

In fact, I have been reading Nairaland since 2006 at least and I know that, in order to prevent derailment, the mods actually created discussion threads so that people can have off topic discussions.

Like this one in the politics section https://www.nairaland.com/1414798/politics-chat-room-beer-parlour

And this one in the diary section https://www.nairaland.com/1016929/diaries-section-chat-room

It is those off topic discussions on the movie thread that lead to insults, bullying, mocking, trolling and so on, like we had in the Black Lives Matter discussion yesterday.
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 7:02am On Jun 22, 2020
There is also the series thread (on the same movie section) where there was a whole page of arguing about a series called Money Heist. It was a similar tangential discussion that turned into an argument on plots and twitter following. No one got banned.

The point that I am making here is that on other threads, tangential discussions happen and it is okay. Why is then possible for two people to decide the rules of a thread?
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 7:07am On Jun 22, 2020
naptu2:

Rule 1 exists for a reason. Nairaland is a huge forum and nothing stops you from having your meaningful discussion in the right place. This is a thread on the literature section. It is a story thread https://www.nairaland.com/1205583/iyawo-nylon-bag

People who derailed that thread had their posts hidden and repeat offenders were banned. I wanted to discuss issues about that thread. I did not derail the thread, rather I created a discussion thread in the general section https://www.nairaland.com/1272634/iyawo-nylon-bag-gist-thread

Is that so difficult to do? Besides, you and I know that those "meaningful discussions" contained insults. Swear that the black lives matter discussion that was hidden yesterday did not contain any insults.

Who are you to deem what is offensive to others? You were not a part of that discussion. I read the discussion and I know the gist of it. There is something called banter.

The worst that was said between the parties who were discussing the black lives matter was "sell out", "uncle tom", "poor", "ignorant". These are all jibes that happen in any political discussions- especially those on the black race in america. It is all part of the banter.

As far as I know, the participants did not complain to you or the moderators about their discussion. Who made you the police?

The black lives matter discussion occured as a result of a Netflix special movie on Black Lives Matter
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Ishilove: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2020
I
naptu2:

That is part of the problem. How can your so-called meaningful discussion take up 3 whole frigging pages?! This is a movies thread for crying out loud. They left the movies they were supposed to review and discussed black lives matter for three whole pages. On a movies thread!!

This isn't the first time they will do this nonsense. I believe there is a thread for off topic discussions in the movies/tv section but they will prefer to 'banter' (derail) on the thread, ignoring the fact they are not the only users visiting the thread.
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 7:13am On Jun 22, 2020
In every other thread, people make tangential discussions without it being called "deraling". But Ishilove and Naptu2 have deemed it otherwise in the movies thread. There are tangential discussions in the series thread and nobody gets banned for derailing.

Note that the thread is not even a sticky thread by the moderators. In fact, the only person who has absolute rules on the threads limits would be the original poster (OP) of the thread.

I rest my case. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by naptu2: 7:15am On Jun 22, 2020
NaijaMemes:

Who are you to deem what is offensive to others? You were not a part of that discussion. I read the discussion and I know the gist of it. There is something called banter.

The worst that was said between the parties who were discussing the black lives matter was "sell out", "uncle tom", "poor", "ignorant". These are all jibes that happen in any political discussions- especially those on the black race in america. It is all part of the banter.

As far as I know, the participants did not complain to you or the moderators about their discussion. Who made you the police?

The black lives matter discussion occured as a result of a Netflix special movie on Black Lives Matter

grin

Oh, the mods can see the posts even though they are hidden and they can see the words in them (words like tout and so on), so it's not up to you to decide what's acceptable or not. That's the mod's job. You are not a mod. The mods saw it and decided that it broke the rules. It's their job to make such decisions, not yours. Nairaland has given me the right to report such posts by creating the report to the mods button and I will exercise that right.

Now this is getting boring. I won't respond to your posts anymore. The mods know what to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Ishilove: 7:19am On Jun 22, 2020
naptu2:

grin

Oh, the mods can see the posts even though they are hidden and they can see the words in them (words like tout and so on), so it's not up to you to decide what's acceptable or not. That's the mod's job. You are not a mod. The mods saw it and decided that it broke the rules. It's their job to make such decisions, not yours. Nairaland has given me the right to report such posts by creating the report to the mods button and I will exercise that right.

Now this is getting boring. I won't respond to your posts anymore. The mods know what to do.
You couldn't have said it better.
Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by Ishilove: 7:21am On Jun 22, 2020
Logicboy, you know you can't fool me. I know your modus operandi all too well in the seven years you have been trolling me.

You are not a mod, like naptu2 pointed out. Let the mods do their job and stop breaking the rules on the movies thread. You have a history of rabble rousing which even the admin is aware of. You constantly troll and cause trouble anywhere you are and when banned, you create threads like this with your numerous alternates to complain.

'Tangential discussion' indeed. Smh. You and your friends should take the 'tangential discussions' to a 'tangential thread' and stop making the movies thread uncomfortable for other users.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by pu7pl3(m): 8:04am On Jun 22, 2020
Greatzeus:

I don't know what is wrong with our youth,Nairaland is just a forum,stop carrying it on your head. Are you guys so jobless? Don't you have lives outside Nairaland? Stop creating stupid thread[b][/b]s complaining about being banned,nairaland is a facade,don't take what happens there serious,I don't. Rather think about how to be productive and works towards it,your parents are waiting for you to repay them for the fortune expended on your education,you are here crying about one rubbish ban. Lazy youths.

you talk about not taking Nairaland seriously and then go ahead to type more than 50 words of seriousness

4 Likes

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by pu7pl3(m): 8:21am On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

The above comments are from the regular derailers and rule breakers promising to monitor the new thread so they can go wreak the same havoc that caused daddycrazy to leave the thread and create a new one.

Your new thread has been left for you and the other people that wanted to leave cos it felt "saner"...we might have said that but we never acted it out. Most of those monikers are not even regular commenters on that new thread

This is now turning into propaganda

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 8:44am On Jun 22, 2020
pu7pl3:

Your new thread has been left for you and the other people that wanted to leave cos it felt "saner"...we might have said that but we never acted it out. Most of those monikers are not even regular commenters on that new thread

This is now turning into propaganda

They think that they can fool everyone, dont mind them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by DriggityDre: 8:47am On Jun 22, 2020
NaijaMemes:

NaijaMemes:
There is also the series thread (on the same movie section) where there was a whole page of arguing about a series called Money Heist. It was a similar tangential discussion that turned into an argument on plots and twitter following. No one got banned.

Hehe. You know what's funny?

The section he was given control over, tribalism and other vices keep eating deeper into it as days roll by.

I see complaints about people reporting tribalist posts, but it remains ignored.
Sometimes they even quote him directly.

The actual mods of that section are even indifferent about your conversations.
His house is on fire, but he's cleaning the windows of another.

A lot of people's reports get ignored everyday (excluding that canceling dude).

But when he hears "tHeSe PeOpLE aRe DeRaILiNg" from his two best friends a.k.a. The Avid Reporter and The Shameless Stalker, my guy runs in like the wind; sometimes even during his thread push at 5AM.

And you see them shining teeth like it's their biggest life trophy.

Hehe. Who knows? Maybe it is.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 9:02am On Jun 22, 2020
I did not want to comment on this thread again after laying my points down but in hindsight, I can see that the two culprits want to derail this thread.

I will list the points so that it is clear what the problem is from the OP;

+I am not interested in defending trolls/trolling. The crux of the matter is the fact that ishilove and naptu2 have decided that discussing a theme from a movie is now derailing the movie thread. Discussing black lives matter after mentioning a black lives matter film is now derailing, according to them. They have now conditioned their friend moderator to follow their belief. A moderator bowing to the whims of a nairalander.

+Historically on that tread, tangential discussions were not against the rules. This is as far back as 2018. That is what grew the thread to over 2000 pages. But now, these people have decided that they will police the thread in their own rights.

+Their policing of the thread has left a lot of people on that thread bitter. Someone even deactivated his account out of frustration. A new movie thread was created out of frustration for them. They participated in the new thread but when they saw that people were happy in the original thread, they came back to punish innocent people. Ishilove and Naptu2 participated in the new thread. Their comments are on the thread.

+As luck would have it, both Ishilove and Naptu2 have come on this thread and shown that they are only interested in fighting and punishing e-enemies.

+ They are now on this thread accusing me of being a troll and using alternate monikers. I advise them to bring proof. Ishilove and naptu2 come and accuse me again of being an alternate moniker and watch me report you. This matter has gone beyond your moderator friend that covers up for you. I have never been banned for any reason. I do not insult or troll anyone.

+ I want to reiterate that discussing black lives matter as a result of analysing a film about black lives matter cannot be derailing. When did we loose common sense? How can discussing Marvel and DC characters after watching a Marvel or DC film be derailing?

A word is enough for the wise. The bible says "the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."(John 1;5). Everyone can see the truth and iniquities cannot hide.

3 Likes

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 9:12am On Jun 22, 2020
DriggityDre:

Hehe. You know what's funny?

The section he was given control over, tribalism and other vices keep eating deeper into it as days roll by.

I see complaints about people reporting tribalist posts, but it remains ignored.
Sometimes they even quote him directly.

The actual mods of that section are even indifferent about your conversations.
His house is on fire, but he's cleaning the windows of another.

A lot of people's reports get ignored everyday (excluding that canceling dude).

But when he hears "tHeSe PeOpLE aRe DeRaILiNg" from his two best friends a.k.a. The Avid Reporter and The Shameless Stalker, my guy runs in like the wind; sometimes even during his thread push at 5AM.

And you see them shining teeth like it's their biggest life trophy.

Hehe. Who knows? Maybe it is.

When there was actual spamming and derailing on that thread, the derailing comments were left for days. I remember that 2 people mentioned that they complained and nothing was done until someone had to report to other supermods.

Below are the spamming comments that lasted 3 days despite complaints;

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by DriggityDre: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2020
NaijaMemes:

When there was actual spamming and derailing on that thread, the derailing comments were left for days. I remember that 2 people mentioned that they complained and nothing was done until someone had to report to other supermods.

Below are the spamming comments that lasted 3 days despite complaints;
Lol, forget all the saint-painting, freedom-fighting talk.

It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by naptu2: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2020
Here it is. The chat thread for tangential discussions.

This thread was created by the moderator for all off topic discussions and chats in the TV/Movies section.

https://www.nairaland.com/1444696/tv-movies-chat-room-cinema

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by NaijaMemes: 11:33am On Jun 22, 2020
naptu2:

This thread was created by the moderator for all off topic discussions and chats in the TV/Movies section.

Nonsense upon nonsense. That thread is for everything from gossip to politics to movies.

We are talking about the limits to one thread and you are bringing another thread into the matter.

The matter is about the movies thread- is it wrong to talk about black lives matter after analysing a black lives matter movie?

Do you even know the meaning of tangential? Because what you are asking people to do is to mention a movie in the movies thread and then go to another thread (the cinema lounge thread) to discuss it. So to discuss a movie, one should use 2 threads?? That is nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section by naptu2: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2020
NaijaMemes:

Nonsense upon nonsense. That thread is for everything from gossip to politics to movies.

We are talking about the limits to one thread and you are bringing another thread into the matter.

The matter is about the movies thread- is it wrong to talk about black lives matter after analysing a black lives matter movie?

Do you even know the meaning of tangential? Because what you are asking people to do is to mention a movie in the movies thread and then go to another thread (the cinema lounge thread) to discuss it. So to discuss a movie, one should use 2 threads?? That is nonsense

naptu2:

In fact, I have been reading Nairaland since 2006 at least and I know that, in order to prevent derailment, the mods actually created discussion threads so that people can have off topic discussions.

Like this one in the politics section https://www.nairaland.com/1414798/politics-chat-room-beer-parlour

And this one in the diary section https://www.nairaland.com/1016929/diaries-section-chat-room

It is those off topic discussions on the movie thread that lead to insults, bullying, mocking, trolling and so on, like we had in the Black Lives Matter discussion yesterday.

naptu2:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hello, Nairaland Members / Where Is Eldee? / Beware Of 419 Pastors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.