Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools (13043 Views)

Ukraine Ready To Establish Grain Hubs In Nigeria / Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe / We Can Help You to Establish Cereal, Root,Tuber and horticultural Farms . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by dederocs(m): 8:27am On Jun 22, 2020
This is very good, trees are life, they give us oxygen and take in our harmful carbon waste...any reasonable human should value trees and plants.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by AfroKnight: 8:27am On Jun 22, 2020
Fruit Orchard?

Are there other kinds of orchard? Like beans orchard perhaps?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by anochuko01(m): 8:28am On Jun 22, 2020
I've been thinking of something like this.
Also introducing Green House, hydrophonics and IoT. This would make younger generation to see the techy side of farming and make them interested.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Parko(m): 8:28am On Jun 22, 2020
Another looting avenue
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2020
In this 21st century we still deciding whether to plant trees.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Fiisty(f): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2020
Hmm
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Doyou2019: 8:30am On Jun 22, 2020
ijesuoboikxp1:
They will use this to embezzle billions sweet shot..

Schools that might never resume again. Corona talk say e don ready to go ?
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by simigold: 8:34am On Jun 22, 2020
And so they will leave class and start competing to pluck mangoes under the mango tree.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Mowsid(m): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2020
That's planning for aesthetically sound and sustainable environment #Townplanning

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by kheny12(m): 8:42am On Jun 22, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
grin sale dis country ND give me my own share.. Audio audio
Sell not sale.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:43am On Jun 22, 2020
kheny12:
Sell not sale.
haha u still dey learn work
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by olaadenigeria(m): 8:51am On Jun 22, 2020
This is a Buharicational step and should not be executed. This project will as usual Cost hundreds of Billon's without having any benefit to the educational sector. Ordinary schools feeding has not be 6% actualised, poor school structure everywhere, in upgraded teachers and teaching materials, low number of schools if compared with intending applicants, and so on. The Government Adversary department are in state of buharidemic

Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by ProtectMyMoney: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2020
Lanrelagboi:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2020/06/21/lagos-to-establish-fruit-orchards-in-20-schools/&ved=2ahUKEwigl8_265TqAhXlDmMBHQKIBigQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1mGp8zJuWqEGzsJQVUCS4g

Nonsense by unserious Government.

When i was in Secondary school, Students studying Agricultural science were the ones planting fruits, trees, rearing Chickens, Cows, etc in school...practicing what they are studying.

Just wondering why Government plans to make Agricultural students redundant.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Olatara(f): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
grin sale dis country ND give me my own share.. Audio audio
Do you have a share in this country? Lol
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Chiemela4sure(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2020
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by kayjay69(m): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2020
Paid optimist, you don come again.
post=90936089:

Stop being a pessimist Boy Kay.
Look at the brighter side of life.....at least for once!

Na wa for some of una o..Sho!
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Chiemela4sure(m): 9:22am On Jun 22, 2020
lonelydora:
Very good. Lagos state government took a nice decision.

In my secondary school days at Nsukka High School, Nsukka, we used to have Pineapple and Orange Orchids, fishery and poultry too. That was our Agricultural Science. We learnt a lot then.

Our Indomie generation always think life is a bed of roses and are living in fantasies.

Old boy! Summum et Optimum

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Focusmind: 9:33am On Jun 22, 2020
I am in support of it. Any thing for the environment is good.

We don't take tree planting seriously here. I have told SE governors to plant trees and vegetation near erosion site and see the issues tackled.

UN have used this method in many south east Asian countries.

Decent environment prolongs life. When you build our house, ensure you have trees and grasses, put flower pots inside the house and do small vegetable gardens and pot vegetables. Not concrete everywhere like we do.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Toks007: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2020
How much is going to be allocated for this and the actual cost. cry
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Litmus: 9:48am On Jun 22, 2020
Good idea. I once, planned on buying 20 acre of land in several Nigerian states, East, South, North and West, to plant fruit tree of every variety in the world capable of taking hold in Nigeria. Unfortunately, the body is weaker than the mind; however, I still nurse this dream. These fruit parks, free for all to enjoy, I planned to name after family members as well as ordinary Nigerians that have given significantly to others instead of themselves.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by rozario01: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2020
wow i attended saint teresa's college Nsukka we had plaintain plantation and fishery too
lonelydora:

In my secondary school days at Nsukka High School, Nsukka, we used to have Pineapple and Orange Orchids, fishery and poultry too. That was our Agricultural Science. We learnt a lot then.

Our Indomie generation always think life is a bed of roses and are living in fantasies.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Litmus: 9:58am On Jun 22, 2020
Once, fruit trees grew everywhere in Nigeria. For instance, you’d find Breadfruit trees abundant and it wasn’t unusual to find young people using the fruit as football.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Grandmeister(m): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2020
pabon:
Very good gesture. Although many won't see see importance of such a move, I must show my appreciation. We must collectively put hands together to ensure that things are brought back to the way its supposed to be.
Trees help in carbon sequestration. They help purify the air and stop desert encroachment.
Humans have been felling trees for years now and everyone is already feeling the impact, what with the erosions we experience these days and harsher weather conditions.
Laudable!
Back then in FGCenugu we had quite a large fruit orchard there....that area na another world on its own grin....any Fedi peeps here?
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by frog12: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2020
dis woman commissioner smart. but lagos is too dirty!
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 22, 2020
post=90936013:
This is a very good and welcome development..

The planting of fruit trees in secondary schools is to encourage students to become healthy, productive and conscious of their immediate environment.

Lagos state : The state of firsts.

State of first?

Almost all government secondary schools in Ondo state have fruit orchards.

It'd be better they don't plant mangoes though cause flies go dey swin under the tree. And poor students will have to sweep the rotten mangoes away. I remember FGGS.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by eisley: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2020
This is good news and a huge step in the right direction too.

Another good news is; with *737*0# you can open a fully functional account with GTBank, no bvn required.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Guapismo: 10:49am On Jun 22, 2020
lonelydora:

You will just be saying rubbish, indomie generation yen yen yen

A lot of the young people I know now are going into agriculture that the older generation neglected.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Iamvetlander(m): 11:27am On Jun 22, 2020
Vetland grammar school, always setting the pace.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by Iamvetlander(m): 11:30am On Jun 22, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Nonsense by unserious Government.

When i was in Secondary school, Students studying Agricultural science were the ones planting fruits, trees, rearing Chickens, Cows, etc in school...practicing what they are studying.

Just wondering why Government plans to make Agricultural students redundant.

Did you just say rearing cows??��
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by ProtectMyMoney: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Iamvetlander:

Did you just say rearing cows??��

Yes...it was part of Agricultural science taught back then when i was in Secondary school. (Federal Gov Coll) We had school farm for students to learn practicals.
Re: Lagos To Establish Fruit Orchards In 20 Secondary Schools by selfdefence: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
this is fantastic, it of benefit both educationally and economically

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Turkey Production In Nigeria / CATFISH MART. A Platform That Connects Catfish Farmers Directly To Buyers / Get Business Plan/ Feasibility Study For Your Plantain Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.