Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Baggage Claim - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Baggage Claim (67233 Views)

Freebie! Claim Your Free Copy Of A Newly Launch Book By Gloria Grossi / It Is Vulgar Nationalism To Claim That Kikuyus Are A Blessed Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baggage Claim by Herbiedeen(m): 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2020
cata is waiting to be a strophe
Abeg Daniel go explore Bari for 92 days jare
Na dis kain suspe dey set pass oh cool

we die here grin grin
Re: Baggage Claim by enirock(m): 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
damselposh:

Oya na, which corner wey you mean?
I have sore throat and sort thumb so I can't reply u
Re: Baggage Claim by enirock(m): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
I shudder at the thoughts/plans Lina and Rowland are hatching.
Re: Baggage Claim by skubido(m): 6:18am On Jul 15, 2020
Human being sha,, they will never stop to amaze me, is it by force..

Lina and Rowland continue oo, una body go soon tell una..

No matter what, sha know Daniel and Bari will surely fight for themselves

Thanks for the update
Re: Baggage Claim by Austine8090(m): 7:58am On Jul 15, 2020
damselposh:

So you are using us to get hope abi? hehehehehe I laugh in Swahili.
Dgods r wise
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2020
enirock:

ahhhh. Sore throat gan.
Re: Baggage Claim by divinelypruned(f): 11:44am On Jul 15, 2020
Most times I keep on wondering how some people can do anything just to have a man, even to the extent of hurting them or ruining them, some girls can even lie and claim rubbish just to tarnish a man's image, this is really pitiful and annoying too.

There plan will definitely backfire.

But damsel Lina should get what she deserve even that monkey Rowland �
Re: Baggage Claim by okikioluwafemi(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2020
its a good thing dat he confessed his secret.
i'm definitely sure that lina won't relent and come up with another plan
Re: Baggage Claim by Glory4567(f): 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
Weldone ma( in Falz voice)
Re: Baggage Claim by Ann2012(f): 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
You're free to jump into the lagoon @Lina

Thanks for the update
Re: Baggage Claim by enirock(m): 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2020
Khriztarl:
ahhhh. Sore throat gan.
What can I say. Shey na my mouth you wan hear the colour of fowl egg?
Re: Baggage Claim by enirock(m): 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
Did I miss the update or our damsel didn't update today?
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2020
enirock:

What can I say. Shey na my mouth you wan hear the colour of fowl egg?
lol. Don't leave me.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:01am On Jul 16, 2020
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Bari's beautiful sleep was cut short when her mom's call came in early in the morning. She yawned tiredly before fearfully picking up the call.

"Mommy, good morning. is everything okay? what of Ella? did anything happen?" she asked all at a time.

"Ella is fine, nothing happened, everything is fine" The woman replied Swiftly.

"Why then are you calling me by this time of the morning? this is just 4am, mom" she yawned again.

"Because you shouldn't be sleeping, Bariludu, you should be thinking about your life and how lonely you are" she hissed.

"Mommy, am not lonely, i have you, i have Ella, i have Chioma, so am not lonely" Bari rolled her eyes.

"Do you remember Lenubari, your cousin?"

"Yes Mom, Aunty Tonia's third daughter, what happened to her?" she asked, drowsily.

"Her husband and his people came for her introduction yesterday. Her traditional wedding and church wedding will be done by next month. That girl is just 22 years old. Her immediate elder sister who is 24 has two kids. The first daughter who is 26 has three kids too. Bariludu how old are you? 28 years, no boyfriend, no male friends, no husband. I don't know who i offended to get such treatment from you" The old lady barked.

"Oh my goodness, Mommy, you woke me up by this time just to tell me about my cousin and her introduction?" she asked, the sleep already flying away.

"You needed to have seen how happy her Mom was, yesterday, when she came to call me that our in-laws had arrived. When will i also go and call her and my other co-wives to come for your introduction? this is no longer funny" the old woman hissed, if she was with Bari, she would have given her a heavy knock on the head.

"Okay, Mom, i have a boyfriend now, i will bring him to you soon, just calm down" she smiled.

"You have gotten a boyfriend? I knew it, like mother like daughter, i knew you would behave like your mother. What does he do? who is he? when should i be expecting you people?" she asked excitedly.

"He is a doctor, he is from Anambra state. As for when you should be expecting us, i don't really know, but it will be soon enough" she yawned, for the third time since she woke up.

"Okay, have you told him about Ella? does he know?" she probe further.

"Yes, i have told him and he is okay with it" she shrugged.

"Ehe, i can now sleep with my eyes closed, finally"

"Aaah aaah Mommy, were you sleeping with your eyes open before?" Bari chuckled.

"So you don't know? I used to sleep with my eyes fully open, thinking of when you will finally get a man for yourself. That means i will visit the prophet later today, his prayers worked" she said, excitedly, that Bari could feel it from where she was.

"Which Prophet? Mommy there is no Prophet in this one ooo, i just decided to give love another chance, please don't give any Prophet the accolade" she sneered.

"Shut up your mouth what do you know?. Anyway, you can go back to sleep now, make sure you eat very well, and get enough rest. The last time you came home, you were looking so thin" she bellowed.

"Okay Mommy, i have heard. Take care of yourself and greet Ella for me"

"I will, my beautiful daughter. My womb opener, my baby girl" the woman excitedly replied, before hanging up. Bari laughed and shook her head sideways before laying back on the bed.

Rowland parked his car along the road, just few blocks away from Save A Life Hospital. He dialed someone's number on his phone and placed the phone on his ear. "Am parked just close to the hospital" he said immediately the person answered. Silence and then "A black Acura MDX" he muttered before hanging up.

Few minutes later, the nurse catwalked out of the Hospital premises, scanned the area with her eyes before they finally rested on a black Acura MDX parked a few distance away, she walked slowly towards the it. The door was opened for her before she even got there, she climbed in and shut the door with a bang. "Hi" she smiled at Rowland.

"Hello, how are you doing?" he asked.

"Am fine, i guess" she shrugged.

"So this is where you work? I have heard a lot about this hospital, they said it has the highest number of surgeons and well experienced doctors" Rowland casually muttered.

"Yes, it is the biggest hospital in the whole of Anambra state" she smiled.

"Okay. So, back to the reason we are here, what were you saying over the phone when you called in the morning?"

"Oh yeah, Daniel has been suspended because he finally told the head doctor the truth and which means, we have no hold on him again" she sneered.

"Well then we will make use of Plan B" Rowland grinned.

"Plan B will not still work because he has been suspended, as in he won't be coming to work again, which means, I don't know how we can lay ambush on him because i wouldn't know his going out and his coming in, again"

"This will be tough" Rowland said, closing his eyes in thought. "Bingo!!!" he exclaimed excitedly. "This is what we will do. You know his house right?" he turned to stare at her fully.

"Yes, i know his house, it is not too far from here, just a few minutes drive. But how will that help us?" she stared confusingly at him.

"We will send the guys to his vicinity, they will monitor his movement, any day he drives out with his car, they will follow him and do the needful" he smiled.

"Wow, you are a genius, i didn't even think of that" she cackled.

"But the question here is, if you really want him dead?"

"Of course, if i won't have him then no one else will. I rather kill Daniel and have another Man that will love me back. you understand what i mean right"? she winked at him.

"Yes, i understand well enough and am okay with everything as long as Bari doesn't get harmed in any way" he smiled.

"What do you all see in that mosquito? not like she is even beautiful" she scoffed, looking away.

"No no no, i won't have you call her names, be warned" he growled slightly.

"The same thing Daniel said to me the day i called her a broomstick. What did she even give to you guys to eat?" she sneered.

"Just leave Bari and focus on your Daniel. Do not touch her, i repeat, do not touch her" he glared at her.

"I won't touch her. She is too small for me to waste my energy on" she hissed.

"Good. you will send the guys over as from tomorrow then, we don't have time to waste" he turned on the ignition.

"Yes, i will. We will talk later, let me get back to work" she replied, and stepped down from the car. Rowland watched her walk into the hospital compound before driving off.

8 Likes

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2020
Preshbeauty:
At last, Lina won't have a hold on Daniel again. But they still need to be careful of her, she is a snake.

Yes, they should.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2020
germaphobe:
"he shouldn't have" clearly this statement means that lina have a very bad plan for dan

yes, she has.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2020
LordOfSamosa:
Lina should try locate the family of the diceased Lady and tell them how Daniel killed their Daughter..

Wahala for Daniel grin

You eehn. hahahaha Chai. I don wash hand commot for your case.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2020
Odoogu:
evil genius grin

Hahahaha lol
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2020
Ven97:
It's a good thing he reported, it will lessen the guilt he felt and eliminate any room of blackmail from Lina. Kudos damselposh...

Yes, thank God he did.

Thanks honey.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2020
Khriztarl:
You can't kill me, this lady. Liquid metal herself. Lol

Hahahaha liquid metal no be small.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2020
Embellished:

hahahaha damsel ooo, the liquid metal herself.

Yes ooo
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2020
Embellished:
Which one is "he shouldn't have, he just spoilt everything"? Daniel should better monitor this Lina of a girl, i don't trust her.

Thanks damsel

I don't trust her too

Thanks babe
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:09am On Jul 16, 2020
oyinella:
bia, what is wrong with this educated onye ala (Lina)? shebi na man she go find for hospital abi na work she go work. mtscheeeew, nonsense and buhari! I like that Daniel listened to Bari, that's so cool! at least that "Walking Talking"(lina) did not spill the beans

Hahahaha walking talking no be small ooo. Busy body.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2020
Herbiedeen:
cata is waiting to be a strophe Abeg Daniel go explore Bari for 92 days jare Na dis kain suspe dey set pass oh cool
we die here grin grin

Hahahaha Chai see where your mind dey go. Explore ko? file explorer ni?
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2020
enirock:

You don mean it? lol
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2020
enirock:
I shudder at the thoughts/plans Lina and Rowland are hatching.

I shudder too at the plan
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2020
skubido:
Human being sha,, they will never stop to amaze me, is it by force..

Lina and Rowland continue oo, una body go soon tell una..

No matter what, sha know Daniel and Bari will surely fight for themselves

Thanks for the update
Thanks sweetheart
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2020
divinelypruned:
Most times I keep on wondering how some people can do anything just to have a man, even to the extent of hurting them or ruining them, some girls can even lie and claim rubbish just to tarnish a man's image, this is really pitiful and annoying too.

There plan will definitely backfire.

But damsel Lina should get what she deserve even that monkey Rowland �

Yes babe, they will get what they deserve.

Thanks honey
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2020
okikioluwafemi:
its a good thing dat he confessed his secret.

i'm definitely sure that lina won't relent and come up with another plan

Am sure too that she won't.

Thanks darling
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:14am On Jul 16, 2020
Glory4567:
Weldone ma( in Falz voice)

Thanks sweetheart
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:15am On Jul 16, 2020
Ann2012:
You're free to jump into the lagoon @Lina
Thanks for the update

Hahahaha she really needs to drown.

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:16am On Jul 16, 2020
enirock:
Did I miss the update or our damsel didn't update today?

I yaff updated, come and read, Gracias.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (41) (Reply)

........rebbecca......... / Prisoner Of Love: The Story / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.