Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? (5785 Views)

Please How Reliable Is Benz R350 Model 2007/08 Model / Is Benz Cls 550 (2008) A Good Buy? / Please House How Reliable Is Benz C300 2008 Model ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by westbuoy: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
Yes I love your advice !! Benz doesn’t develop all these faults associated with Japanese ... My CLA never had any issue till date and I drive for 3 years max... ML 350 would be great considering the flood which is temporal !!

AmuDimpka:

Well I suggest that you go for ML 350 or GLk.. The car is with higher clearance and that is why I recommend it

E350 and ML 350 Most time use the same engine the only difference is one is. Sedan and the other am SUV

Benz is a great brand and I have been driving that brand for over 7yrd now !

You took a great decision ..
Benz maintanance isn't the issue because you have to avoid a lot of wahala japanese guys face

Benz engine is built to last... If you take care of it well

Welcome to the club and try and come to Benz thread and ask questions about the brand

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by AmuDimpka: 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
westbuoy:
Yes I love your advice !! Benz doesn’t develop all these faults associated with Japanese ... My CLA never had any issue till date and I drive for 3 years max... ML 350 would be great considering the flood which is temporal !!

Exactly.... They will not understand
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by AmuDimpka: 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Hello, how are you doing today? Please I just bought my first car, a Honda Civic 2008.
Is there anything particular about it and what should I do more to enjoy the car for a while.

Legs , legs legs ... Pay particular attention to legs and avoid floods ...

But OEM parts ...and service it when it it's needed and above all it's a 3 cylinder engine don't go competing with V6 or 4X4s ...

Always service it regularly maybe every 4-5 months depending on useage ....

Do this and you would enjoy it

1 Like

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by Sunshyne200(m): 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
AmuDimpka:

But OEM parts ...and service it when it it's needed and above all it's a 3 cylinder engine don't go competing with V6 or 4X4s ...

Thanks alot.
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by Mokelu: 12:22am On Jun 27, 2020
AmuDimpka:

You will start another unnecessary war.... where u see i3 civic engine again? Fear God o

3 Likes

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by AmuDimpka: 6:38am On Jun 27, 2020
Mokelu:

You will start another unnecessary war.... where u see i3 civic engine again? Fear God o
I meant 4 cylinders engine .. it's a small engine and that is what it is not a 3 cylinder engine ...

He shouldn't expect the car to do much in terms of handling, connecting and torque... But it's a basic car he would get to enjoy it if it's his first car
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by AmuDimpka: 6:39am On Jun 27, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Thanks alot.

Buy the basic oil, if you can stick to mobil 1 or 2 better ... Buy I would advise on synthetic
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:08am On Jun 27, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Pay attention to what legs. Who told you that the Civic has any leg issues.
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by Conductor261: 7:42am On Jun 27, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Buy the basic oil, if you can stick to mobil 1 or 2 better ... Buy I would advise on synthetic
Mobil 2 bawo?
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by Conductor261: 7:43am On Jun 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

It does. Depending on the year.
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2020
Conductor261:

It does. Depending on the year.

What year?
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by AmuDimpka: 8:00am On Jun 27, 2020
Conductor261:

Mobil 2 bawo?
lol

The other mobil oil maybe XHP or something

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by AmuDimpka: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You can argue that here https://www.nairaland.com/4043202/lasting-solution-honda-ball-joint

I no get that time

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:05am On Jun 27, 2020
AmuDimpka:

You can argue that here https://www.nairaland.com/4043202/lasting-solution-honda-ball-joint

I no get that time

Oga copy and paste. The Accord is what has leg issues, Civics don't even use the same suspension type. I'm not sure what your screenshot is supposed to prove.
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by AmuDimpka: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Oga copy and paste. The Accord is what has leg issues, Civics don't even use the same suspension type. I'm not sure what your screenshot is supposed to prove.

Unfortunately you don't understand the difference between copy and paste and refences... Mr British cars are unreliable

https://www.carproblemzoo.com/honda/civic/front-suspension-lower-ball-joint-problems.php

Abeg I don't manufacture infos.. go and read the references ...

I laugh at this guy...I laugh at these guys

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Unfortunately you don't understand the difference between copy and paste and refences... Mr British cars are unreliable

https://www.carproblemzoo.com/honda/civic/front-suspension-lower-ball-joint-problems.php

Abeg I don't manufacture infos.. go and read the references ...

I laugh at this guy...I laugh at these guys

You no really sabi read. 2 reported ball joint issues in a 1997 Civic means the Civic has leg issues.

You never fail to disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by AmuDimpka: 8:40am On Jun 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You no really sabi read. 2 reported ball joint issues in a 1997 Civic means the Civic has leg issues.

You never fail to disappoint.

Blablabla... Next time try to differentiate reference from copy and paste oga

Do have a blessed weekend

I am not ready for this

1 Like

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by Sunshyne200(m): 11:24am On Jun 27, 2020
AmuDimpka:

I just like the feel of the car, its aesthetics and unique body shape.

Will do as you have said jare
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by ajbf: 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Hello, how are you doing today? Please I just bought my first car, a Honda Civic 2008.
Is there anything particular about it and what should I do more to enjoy the car for a while.
Congratulations to you. I pray that you will not have accident with the car and very soon, bigger cars will be in your park lots.
If I may ask, how much do you get it?
You can respond on old thread if you don't want to write it here
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by fabienjoe: 8:29am On Jun 28, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That's literally what I meant by save some money.
By buying an Accord, he's saving about 2m.

Lol! 'Save money and buy an Accord' doesn't convey exact same meaning as 'Buy an Accord and save money'. Sometimes it's not just about the grammer....

3 Likes

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by fabienjoe: 8:48am On Jun 28, 2020
Carchoice:
dont mind those people. They want to continue living in the past while the future is looking at them. Anyone that has money to buy Benz should have sense as well. I own E350 2015. I can never use Toyota and the likes again. If everywhere gets too flooded, I open my Uber app and leave my baby resting at home, parked on a very high ground grin

What's the issue here? The OP asked for advice and people are giving the best way they know. People drive E350 in the areas and the OP was aware before asking the question so he is looking for possible problems and people are responding. There could be problems current owners are managing that he may not be able to cope with. Flood is always a real issue in the area mentioned. He may decide he may manage the flood problem but it's irresponsible to tell the OP especially seeing as he's a first timer, that that won't be a problem, simply because people that may have multiple cars and are probably vastly experienced in car ownership are driving same cars in the neighbourhood.

1 Like

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by AmuDimpka: 10:39am On Jun 28, 2020
fabienjoe:

Lol! 'Save money and buy an Accord' doesn't convey exact same meaning as 'Buy an Accord and save money'. Sometimes it's not just about the grammer....
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
fabienjoe:

Semantics. Everyone knows an E Class costs more than an Accord.
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by Theconglomerate(m): 1:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Semantics. Everyone knows an E Class costs more than an Accord.
I wouldn't know undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I wouldn't know undecided

Now you know.

1 Like

Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by Mokelu: 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
AmuDimpka:

I meant 4 cylinders engine .. it's a small engine and that is what it is not a 3 cylinder engine ...

He shouldn't expect the car to do much in terms of handling, connecting and torque... But it's a basic car he would get to enjoy it if it's his first car
m

Okay sir
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by Dowenship(m): 9:30am On Jul 01, 2020
ajbf:

Congratulations to you. I pray that you will not have accident with the car and very soon, bigger cars will be in your park lots.
If I may ask, how much do you get it?
You can respond on old thread if you don't want to write it here
you can send me a msg on WhatsApp(09017563231) incase u are need for Honda civic 08.
Re: Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? by Kayharry(m): 10:37pm On Apr 06, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drive A Toyota??? Ask Me Anything / Durability Of Suzuki Every Mini / Advice Needed Pls: On BMW X5 (2002)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.