Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria (1811 Views)

Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. / The Current Three Best Governors In Nigeria Based On Developmental Projects / Buhari swears-in Evelyn Ngige, 8 Others As Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria

Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State, Professor Ben Ayade Of Cross River, and eight others have emerged among the ten best governors in the country, according to the National Coalition for Progressive Change (NCPC).

The National Chairman of the socio-political organisation, Sunday Michael, who disclosed this during its 10th year anniversary held in Calabar, said the aim of the organisation is to raise the awareness and participation of Nigerians in the socio-economic and political development of the country.

Micheal said the organisation is also committed reversing the rising cases of voter apathy in the country and advocated for more enlightenment on the part of electoral bodies.

According to him, Governor Ayade polled 73.7% votes garnered from its one million members across the country with the governor of Bauchi State, Bala Mohammed, polling 73.1% to emerge second.

Other governors, who made the list, include Seyi Makinde, Babajide Sanwo Olu, Dave Umahi, Kayode Fayemi, Ahmed El-Rufai, Banga Zulum, Nyesome WIke and Willie Obiano who polled 71%, 70%, 69.9%, 69%, 68.5%, 68.2%, 68% and 67.7% respectively.

Justifying the criteria used in arriving at its decision, the National Chairman said the organisation arrived at its conclusion through its one million members who voted through an e-voting platform which is verifiable.

‘The NCPC is a community of individuals who believe in the power of collective growth through our votes. We educate people on the power of their votes and how their votes can enhance the growth of the country by making better voting decisions instead of voting from a place of bias because at the end our errors affect all of us.

‘We launched an e-voting platform to allow all our one million members to determine the top ten governors in Nigeria and they were accessed based on five prioritised areas which include infrastructure, poverty alleviation, accessibility, agriculture and tourism,’ he stated.

He said this will be a yearly assessment and the organisation will subsequently commence the ranking of all the ministers in the Federal Executive Council as well as the performance of the President Muhammadu Buhari in the last twelve months.

He added that the organisation hopes to raise its membership to 5 million people and emphasised that their current poll is not a judgment on the governors but for them to see how people see them and also explore areas they can improve on their performance.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1355669/umahi-ayade-8-others-emerge-10-best-governors-nigeria/

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Humblesam(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Or did you mean to say, "The ten worse governors? "
Because I can't just understand you here sir.
You're mixing the whole thing together because we don't have best governor in Nigeria yet.
And those trying mostly are not even in your list sir, eg. Gov Udom of AK state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by FlordFlorez(m): 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
No Udom, Gburugburu & Aketi?

2 Likes

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Righteousness89(m): 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
These are the men to watch out for

Zulum - Boronu state
Udom Gabriel- Akwa ibom
Aketi- Ondo State
Ifeanyi ugwuanyi- Enugu state
Dave Umahi- Ebonyi state

3 Likes

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by PaJamesN: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
Umahi is the best performing governor in Nigeria followed by Obiano..... afonjas nee not like this

5 Likes

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by sweetsell: 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
Keep fooling yours with Ugwuanyi a colossal failure in every dimensions. Even the disaster in Kogi is not times beta a governor than Ugwuanyi.

How do one inherit a properous Enugu n in 4 years turn it into a disaster, at least Yahaya inherited a failed state n continued in failure that is not what Ugwuanyi met with Enugu.
Righteousness89:

Zulum - Boronu state
Udom Gabriel- Akwa ibom
Aketi- Ondo State
Dave Umahi- Ebonyi state

Only a fool will claim Umahi did beta than Obiano. In terms of everything governance n development none of the 2 can lace Ganduje's shoe n only Obiano can be said to put up feable challenge. That your Umahi is a colossal failure n you can only fool Igbos with him not other Nigerians with functional brains.

PaJamesN:
Umahi is the best performing governor in Nigeria followed by Obiano..... afonjas nee not like this

1 Like

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by sweetsell: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Adikestanley(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
PaJamesN:
which Obiano...dat man is the most useless governor in Nigeria
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by yyba: 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
I knew niger state governor can never make this type of list.
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by oluwadabira111(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:

Zulum - Boronu state
Udom Gabriel- Akwa ibom
Aketi- Ondo State
Dave Umahi- Ebonyi state

Seyi makinde should be on that list bro!!! watch out for him in 2023.
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by iaamxavier(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Y'all looking at ebonyi as a tiny state just watch out in the next 10years
The fastest growing state
All thanks to good governance

3 Likes

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Righteousness89(m): 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
oluwadabira111:
Ok!
Makinde for me began on good note! But he seems to have slowed down
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by abobote: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
Udom Emmanuel should be on that list, he should take that Fayemi slot
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Tomide007: 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
The fact that some governors who commission audio projects are above zulum is madness.
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Tomide007: 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
oluwadabira111:
Are u one of his political halleluyah boys?.....he shouldn't be on the list at all...
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by proeast(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dave Umahi is by far the best governor in Nigeria today. Before you argue unintelligently, calculate federal allocation and IGR of each state and relate it with what the governors built and you will see why Dave Umahi has no comparison whatsover.

6 Likes

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by LivingSage: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Mumu poll. Seyi makinde before Babajide Sanwolu? What was seyi makinde's achievement? useless rating
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by LivingSage: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Ok! Makonde for me began on good note! But he seems to have slowed down
Tell us two of his projects he started with pastor. Else, you're q liar
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Kennyprince: 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
The worst would be ortom of Benue state

1 Like

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
lol, bought awards
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by proeast(m): 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
LivingSage:
[s][/s]
With where you can see more. Shut the gutter. How would you rate Babagana Zulum who's just a year in office

This is exactly why people like you always fail in exams. Did you even read what I posted before you rushed to type this nonsense?
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by LivingSage: 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
proeast:

This is exactly why people like you always fail in exams. Did you even read what I posted before you rushed to type this nonsense?
La sun
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by IDENNAA(m): 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
proeast:
Dave Umahi is by far the best governor in Nigeria today. Before you argue unintelligently, calculate federal allocation and IGR of each state and relate it with what the governors built and you will see why Dave Umahi has no comparison whatsover.

Equally, you should also factor the cost of running Ebonyi in line with their needs.

Honestly, speaking , I think the governor has built some monumental projects which I really don't think is important at this stage and people are confusing that with good governance. Ebony has more pressing need of human development and the state is not financially buoyant but you are spending billions building large markets and ICC. Why dont you spend all that money to build trade schools for artisans? Talking about misplaced priority.

As for those comparing Umahi to Obiano on what basis are you comparing them ? Education , Roads, Investment , Healthcare , Security , Poverty index , Environment ?
See, it's not a good idea to begin to compare the two states because they have different challenges. Every part of Anambra is seeing surging development and it's hard for the governor to keep up with infrastructures. In contrast, Umahi is more concerned with beautifying Abakeleke...he does have some solid projects but they are few and far in between.

I , personally , dont think Obiano has done his best but he was never a failure ! He sustained security, opened the state for investment , brought our cultures back but the state never got to the NEXT level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Sweetgoodie(f): 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
[s]
LivingSage:

La sun
[/s]
shatap
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by proeast(m): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

Equally, you should also factor the cost of running Ebonyi in line with their needs.

Honestly, speaking , I think the governor has built some monumental projects which I really don't think is important at this stage and people are confusing that with good governance. Ebony has more pressing need of human development and the state is not financially buoyant but you are spending billions building large markets and ICC. Why dont you spend all that money to build trade schools for artisans? Talking about misplaced priority.

As for those comparing Umahi to Obiano on what basis are you comparing them ? Education , Roads, Investment , Healthcare , Security , Poverty index , Environment ?
See, it's not a good idea to begin to compare the two states because they have different challenges. Every part of Anambra is seeing surging development and it's hard for the governor to keep up with infrastructures. In contrast, Umahi is more concerned with beautifying Abakeleke...he does have some solid projects but they are few and far in between.

I , personally , dont think Obiano has done his best but he was never a failure ! He sustained security, opened the state for investment , brought our cultures back but the state never got to the NEXT level.

I don't know why you guys always make it seem like everything is a competition. I'm neither from Ebonyi nor Anambra but Umahi is far ahead of Obiano.

You're talking about human development as if it was Obiano that did it. States like Anambra and Imo have always ranked high in human development and it isn't the work of any particular governor.

6 Likes

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by proeast(m): 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
LivingSage:

La sun

Usu rakwaa gi there grin
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Ikennamurphy: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
No Udom, Gburugburu & Aketi?
Gburugburu is a media gov..he's not supposed to be there
Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Ikennamurphy: 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

Oga u are confusing things...of u talk about poverty rate then anambra should be behind Ondo, Delta, Oyo, Ogun and even osun in terms of development according to the so called NBS but we know they're other indices used and anambra is obviously better than those states of u ask me, so using that as a criterion will amount to u shooting yourself on the leg...no governor can single handedly eradicate poverty.. Nigerians are generally poor..they only used 2$ for simplicity just based on ability to afford food

2 Likes

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by kleverley(m): 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
Which Ayade?
Is there a different Ayade from the one I know?

See, you people should stop saying all this things, Ayade shouldn't be in that list,for no reason at all. On what basis do they rank them? I really need to know

1 Like

Re: Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria by Susu888(m): 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
WHICH KIND YEYE LIST BE DIS? ONLY AYADE , EL RUFA'I ND ZULUM DESERVE A SPOT ON THIS LIST.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Beast Called 'baba Ijebu' By Ibrahim Odunuga / #ENDSARS: A Nairalander Predicted About The 2020 Protests Since February 2019. / Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.