Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,330 members, 7,829,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) (1822 Views)

Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? / Yorubaland:the Economic Backbone Of Nigeria / Historical Yorubaland: The Ibadan - Ijaiye War. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2021
This is becoming a trend, and if not checked will cause a great problem in the existence of Yorubas.

Yoruba women are slowly being displaced from the Yoruba society. Our men are now becoming more involved in Inter-ethnic/Inter-racial relationship. There is no household in the Oduduwa nation you encounter today without some kind of foreign blood in it. Our men prefer getting married to Igbo women, Edo women and other ethnicities in Nigeria.

I have even met some Lagos Igbo women who now go by yoruba names because they think it is fashionable or that they want to appear yoruba. Thus taking our men and identity.

Check some yoruba person you know, either the mom is Igbo or from Edo. Even some of our favourite celebrities are not fully yoruba e.g; Davido's grandma is an Igbo woman, his mum is an Edo woman, thus making 25% Yoruba (you what I'm talking about), now he has a son with an Igbo woman. Yemi Alade's mum is an Igbo woman from Abia state. Waje's mum is also an Igbo woman. And Mr Eazi's mum is an Igbo woman from Delta state. Do you see the trend here? And nothing is assured any of those would have a kid with a Yoruba.

I think our men love Igbo women because of their lightskin and exotic looks.
Now where does this leave us yoruba women with other ethnicities?
Igbo men, as you have may noticed love marrying from their ethnicity or from any other African tribes, Races but never Yoruba.

We are watching while yoruba women are slowly, systematically being displaced from their own society, and one day might, no longer have a say because foreigners now have 'yoruba kids', thus putting them higher up in the hierarchy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by theInterpreter: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2021
Nah
I don't believe in all this you wrote
Yoruba are liberal(maybe too much)
So saying we should stop marrying other ethnic groups is impossible
All I think we should ramp up is making sure the children are Yoruba
We must extremely guard our culture
Sango's mother was reportedly Tapa(Nupe)
I don't believe in percentages(we are not black Americans that have lost their culture)
We all have a little of external blood in the end
We Yoruba have migrated so much so we've mixed with dozens of groups but we've done something successfully which is keep the Omo kaaro-o-jiire culture intact
We will continue to do that

What should be the priority now is exterminating the western influence
We should push for making Yoruba language and culture a must learn up to the WAEC level in all of our territory
English can't be cumpulsory while Yoruba is sidelined

Inter-marriage is nothing if we keep the culture strong
The Yoruba influence must increase - not reduce

11 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Ariani: 11:25am On Aug 25, 2021
Another Igbo bashing thread.
Una well done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Asgard73: 11:25am On Aug 25, 2021
And you still say igbo women now takes up Yoruba name just to feel yoruba

Same you ..said Yoruba men now go for igbo women Edo women .. even Fulani but not Yoruba

How come same igbos are taking Yoruba names .. to what purpose .. since you said impliedly Yoruba women Are being systematically displaced

Truth... most Yoruba women are feminists.. and don’t really send man.

Only few men wants to live with man as wife.
Men know what they want irrespective of anything.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by TarOrfeeek: 11:26am On Aug 25, 2021
This is a wonderful observation.

I believe that Yoruba women themselves brought this tragedy on themselves when they played into the 'Yoruba demon' narrative of the sexual profligacy of the males.

By over marketing their males, they sold themselves short in the market. Obviously, all products are in competition. Since the men have gained notoriety in recent times for their high libido and non committal, it sold the women as

1). Mothers not raising good sons.
2). Wives and lovers not good enough to earn commitment from men.
3). Peers not worthy of relevance in heterosexual relationships and SMV

What you hype today, could be your end tomorrow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by theInterpreter: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2021
Finestwine
Don't listen to those crooks above
They want to make this a ethnic war
I personally have nothing against marrying an Igbo woman

But I won't think I can marry a non Yoruba woman

Check my FTC post up there

2 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by ivolt: 11:39am On Aug 25, 2021
How is this a problem?

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by loveth360(f): 11:53am On Aug 25, 2021
Who want to marry dirty things...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by theInterpreter: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2021
loveth360:
when your eyes are open

It will be too late

Write that down.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by loveth360(f): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
theInterpreter:
when your eyes are open

It will be too late

Write that down.
I can never have anything to do with children of hate from west.

Here in lagos i know how to treat their fvck up.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by theInterpreter: 12:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
loveth360:

Here in lagos i know how treat their fvck up.
okay.
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by ObiOfOnistha: 12:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
Truth, Yorubas don't care where or what you belong to
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Asapchris(m): 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2021
Op that is what you see and think, me personally I have dated 3 Igbo ladies but when I want to settle down, I picked Yoruba woman instead. Another thing is that Yoruba woman believes they are independent and brilliant, some times trying to play smart and most we men don’t really like it and that is why some Yoruba men go for other tribe. Also Yoruba don’t really care about tribe they believe we are all human before any ethnics.

5 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Karlovych: 1:50am On Aug 26, 2021
embarassed embarassed Maybe they don't want to spend years in marriage eating only amala and ewedu that can turn their teeth yellow like the cocaine addict's own

5 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by scholes0(m): 3:39am On Aug 26, 2021
Another fake profile opened specifically to bash Yorubas, spread false narratives and ferment trouble …lol

More that 80% of Yorubaland unions are still Yoruba to Yoruba…. You mentioned all the celebrities with some form of mixed heritage like 4 or so of them… but what about the 1 zillion that are 100% Omoluabi?

Better go get a job to do you this man.

9 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Naigleria1: 4:30am On Aug 26, 2021
Hahaha.

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by adefitim(m): 6:31am On Aug 26, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed Maybe they don't want to spend years in marriage eating only amala and ewedu that can turn their teeth yellow like the cocaine addict's own

You think this is funny right?
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by adefitim(m): 6:34am On Aug 26, 2021
To me I don't think anything is wrong in marrying other tribes in fact that's one thing that make Yoruba far ahead of other tribes, we just have to teach children that come out of such union how to maintain the two cultures and traditions of both tribes that's all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by cocolacec(m): 6:41am On Aug 26, 2021
loveth360:
Who wants to marry retired prostitutes from Igbo erosion village.?

3 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by LamidiCownu: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2021
loveth360:

Here in lagos i know how to treat their fvck up.
Don't worry..
Biafra would happen soon and you'd be shipped back to your enclave where you wont have to deal with them anymore.

Ungrateful scum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by LamidiCownu: 6:45am On Aug 26, 2021
scholes0:
Another fake profile opened specifically to bash Yorubas, spread false narratives and ferment trouble …lol

More that 80% of Yorubaland unions are still Yoruba to Yoruba…. You mentioned all the celebrities with some form of mixed heritage like 4 or so of them… but what about the 1 zillion that are 100% Omoluabi?

Better go get a job to do you this man.
The op is a clown .
Imagine the nonsense occupying his idle mind cheesy
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by cocolacec(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2021
LamidiCownu:

Don't worry..
Biafra would happen soon and you'd be shipped back to your enclave where you wont have to deal with them anymore.

Ungrateful scum
Only Alaigbo will happen soon, Biafra will never come not in 2,000 years.

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by LamidiCownu: 6:46am On Aug 26, 2021
Karlovych:
You mean the numerous cocaine traffickers and addicts in your red mud land

2 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by LamidiCownu: 6:47am On Aug 26, 2021
cocolacec:

Only Alaigbo will happen soon, Biafra will never come not in 2,000 years.
Whatever..
Make the ungrateful parasites dey go back where they belong

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by bomb24: 7:00am On Aug 26, 2021
cocolacec:

Who wants to marry retired prostitutes from Igbo erosion village.?

these same prostitutes ur conehead brothers fantasize on and spend millions to marry jst to erase their bad genetics.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Naigleria1: 7:05am On Aug 26, 2021
bomb24:

these same prostitutes ur conehead brothers fantasize on and spend millions to marry jst to erase their bad genetics.

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: THE ODDS AGAINST TINUBU / The Hypocrisy Of The Highest Order From Media And South East. / Non Partisan Analysis Of Tinubu At Chatam House Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.