Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. (3099 Views)

The Current Three Best Governors In Nigeria Based On Developmental Projects / Oluwole Owolabi: You Chased Me Out Of Nigeria Since 1986 Nothing Has Changed / Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by aQUINandmore: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2023
I reaction to a thread prior, created by mokwechineme
I was laughing all through while reading the unprofessional image laundry he was doing for Peter obi and Alex Otti, I don't know how it makes sense to rate a man that has not even find his footings as a governor in the person of Alex Otti as one of the best givernors since 1999.
If I were to make a list on the worse givernor's in Nigeria history Peter obi will definitely be on the list, who can Imangine a governor that refused to conduct local govt elections for eight years, a governor that was comfortable with doctors going on strike for over eight months under his watch not making the "worse" list. On my best three givernors since 1999, here we go.

1. Number one on the list is none other than Fashola.
Infrastructure Development: Fashola's administration focused on improving infrastructure in Lagos. This included road construction, rehabilitation, and expansion, as well as the construction of modern bridges like the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge etc.
Education Reform: He initiated reforms in the education sector, with improvements in school facilities and the distribution of free textbooks to students. This contributed to better educational outcomes in Lagos State.
Health Care: Fashola's government upgraded and expanded healthcare facilities, making quality healthcare more accessible to the people of Lagos State.Security: Under his leadership, there were improvements in the security situation in Lagos, making the state safer for residents and businesses.
Housing: The Lagos Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (Lagos HOMS) was initiated, aimed at providing affordable housing to residents.
Environmental Initiatives: Fashola worked on environmental sustainability, introducing measures to mitigate flooding and improve waste management.
Tax Collection and Revenue Generation: His administration was also known for improving tax collection and revenue generation, which helped fund many of these projects.

2. Number two on the list is Adam's oshiomhole.
Infrastructure Development: Oshiomhole's administration invested in road construction, rehabilitation, and maintenance, improving the state's road network and transportation infrastructure.
Educational Reforms: He implemented various reforms in the education sector, including the construction of new schools and improved facilities, which contributed to better education for Edo State residents.
Health Care: Oshiomhole's government upgraded and expanded healthcare facilities, providing better access to healthcare services for the people of Edo State.
Urban Renewal: The administration embarked on urban renewal projects, beautifying major cities like Benin City and enhancing their aesthetics.
Job Creation: Oshiomhole's government worked to create employment opportunities for the youth through initiatives like the Edo Jobs scheme.
Pension Reform: His administration also made significant progress in pension reform, ensuring that pensioners received their entitlements promptly.
Security: Efforts were made to improve security in the state, making it safer for residents and businesses
.Judicial and Legal Reforms:
Oshiomhole's government worked on judicial and legal reforms to enhance the effectiveness of the legal system in Edo State.

3. Number three on my list is, how can we forget sulivan chimes golden touch in enugu state.
Since 1999 the only south east governors that can be compared to chime is umahi and obiano.
Infrastructure Development: Chime focused on improving the state's infrastructure, including road construction and rehabilitation, which enhanced transportation and connectivity within the state.
Education: He invested in the education sector, improving school facilities and supporting educational programs to enhance the quality of education in the state.
Healthcare: Chime worked to upgrade and expand healthcare facilities, making quality healthcare services more accessible to the people of Enugu State.
Security: He made efforts to enhance the security situation in the state, which contributed to a safer environment for residents and businesses.
Urban Renewal: The administration also embarked on urban renewal projects, beautifying and modernizing the state's capital, Enugu, with the "Coal City Beautification Project."
Agriculture: Chime's government supported agricultural development programs, promoting food security and economic empowerment for farmers.

These are my top three givernors

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by aQUINandmore: 6:56am On Oct 24, 2023
1.fashola
2.oshiomhole
3.chime

2 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Sultannayef: 7:00am On Oct 24, 2023
You’re on drugs!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Obagreatdatoye(m): 7:01am On Oct 24, 2023
Correct
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Ttalk: 7:05am On Oct 24, 2023
Tinubu
Fashola
Sanwo Olu

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by wittywriter: 7:09am On Oct 24, 2023
Ttalk:
Tinubu
Fashola
Sanwo Olu
Obagreatdatoye:
Correct
Tayomi37:
I beg to disagree. What about Gov. Zulum of Borno
spy24:
Donald Duke
Godswill Akpabio
Fashola
Sultannayef:
You’re on drugs!!
Sing praising(Ass-licking) political office holders just the way this OP and other NLers have done is why both the led and leaders fail to uphold their rights as electorates and responsibilities as elected.

Wittyness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Tayomi37(m): 7:09am On Oct 24, 2023
I beg to disagree. What about Gov. Zulum of Borno

6 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by spy24(m): 7:11am On Oct 24, 2023
Donald Duke
Godswill Akpabio
Fashola

3 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Urheadmaster(m): 7:14am On Oct 24, 2023
Adam's oshiomhole isn't supposed to make the list tongue

2 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by MightySparrow: 7:18am On Oct 24, 2023
Fashola
Ajimobi
Duke / Akpabio

Their president: Tinubu the visioner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Righthussle: 7:24am On Oct 24, 2023
1. Wike
2. Wike
3. Ameachi
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 7:24am On Oct 24, 2023
aQUINandmore:
I was laughing all through while reading the unprofessional image laundry he was doing for Peter obi and Alex Otti, I don't know how it makes sense to rate a man that has not even find his footings as a governor in the person of Alex Otti as one of the best givernors since 1999.
If I were to make a list on the worse givernor's in Nigeria history Peter obi will definitely be on the list, who can Imangine a governor that refused to conduct local govt elections for eight years, a governor that was comfortable with doctors going on strike for over eight months under his watch not making the "worse" list. On my best three givernors since 1999, here we go.

Infrastructure Development: Fashola's administration focused on improving infrastructure in Lagos. This included road construction, rehabilitation, and expansion, as well as the construction of modern bridges like the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge etc.
Education Reform: He initiated reforms in the education sector, with improvements in school facilities and the distribution of free textbooks to students. This contributed to better educational outcomes in Lagos State.
Health Care: Fashola's government upgraded and expanded healthcare facilities, making quality healthcare more accessible to the people of Lagos State.Security: Under his leadership, there were improvements in the security situation in Lagos, making the state safer for residents and businesses.
Housing: The Lagos Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (Lagos HOMS) was initiated, aimed at providing affordable housing to residents.
Environmental Initiatives: Fashola worked on environmental sustainability, introducing measures to mitigate flooding and improve waste management.
Tax Collection and Revenue Generation: His administration was also known for improving tax collection and revenue generation, which helped fund many of these projects.

Infrastructure Development: Oshiomhole's administration invested in road construction, rehabilitation, and maintenance, improving the state's road network and transportation infrastructure.
Educational Reforms: He implemented various reforms in the education sector, including the construction of new schools and improved facilities, which contributed to better education for Edo State residents.
Health Care: Oshiomhole's government upgraded and expanded healthcare facilities, providing better access to healthcare services for the people of Edo State.
Urban Renewal: The administration embarked on urban renewal projects, beautifying major cities like Benin City and enhancing their aesthetics.
Job Creation: Oshiomhole's government worked to create employment opportunities for the youth through initiatives like the Edo Jobs scheme.
Pension Reform: His administration also made significant progress in pension reform, ensuring that pensioners received their entitlements promptly.
Security: Efforts were made to improve security in the state, making it safer for residents and businesses
Oshiomhole's government worked on judicial and legal reforms to enhance the effectiveness of the legal system in Edo State.

3. Number three on my list is, how can we forget sulivan chimes golden touch in enugu state.
Since 1999 the only south east governors that can be compared to chime is umahi and obiano.
Infrastructure Development: Chime focused on improving the state's infrastructure, including road construction and rehabilitation, which enhanced transportation and connectivity within the state.
Education: He invested in the education sector, improving school facilities and supporting educational programs to enhance the quality of education in the state.
Healthcare: Chime worked to upgrade and expand healthcare facilities, making quality healthcare services more accessible to the people of Enugu State.
Security: He made efforts to enhance the security situation in the state, which contributed to a safer environment for residents and businesses.
Urban Renewal: The administration also embarked on urban renewal projects, beautifying and modernizing the state's capital, Enugu, with the "Coal City Beautification Project."
Agriculture: Chime's government supported agricultural development programs, promoting food security and economic empowerment for farmers.

Please name the area fashola was better than Ameachi
Akpabio
Obi
Sullivan
Umaih
Donald Duke
Sule lamido

Fashola is no where near obi in terms of governance at all

Someone of you just wake up and start typing what you have little data to back up

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Kasdat5(m): 7:24am On Oct 24, 2023
I don't know if OP is on drugs or hasn't taken his medication yet.

3 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2023
spy24:
Donald Duke
Godswill Akpabio
Fashola

Very correct.

Sullivan chime will compete with fashola anyday. I would have added Wike but I think Wike had nothing to do apart from building flyovers, he didn't bring development to his state.

What I meant about Wike is, he had so much money and was spending it on flyovers because he couldn't come up with an idea for his state, either because amaechi had done all the work or he just couldn't come up with ideas

2 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 7:32am On Oct 24, 2023
In terms of infrastructure...

Umiah is number one 100%
Ameachi, akpabio, Sullivan

In terms of education

Ameachi is number one followed closely by Peter obi, then maybe zulum

In terms of HDI... Obi is undisputed number 1 , Donald Duke and maybe akpabio

Remember when my Lagos friends uses to hype fashola till they started traveling South South and South East their eye open

A lot of people abuse Delta Governors forgetting that Delta had the most towns of any state in Nigeria more than 15 towns
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 7:34am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

Very correct.

Sullivan chime will compete with fashola here.

Umiah would be what then? Ameachi is a joke to you? Obi performance on HDI means nothing to you? U don't know about sule lamido Performance in Jigawa? Lamo
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 7:35am On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:
In terms of infrastructure...

Umiah is number one 100%
Ameachi, akpabio, Sullivan

In terms of education

Ameachi is number one followed closely by Peter obi, then maybe zulum

In terms of HDI... Obi is undisputed number 1 , Donald Duke and maybe akpabio

Remember when my Lagos friends uses to hype fashola till they started traveling South South and South East their eye open

A lot of people abuse Delta Governors forgetting that Delta had the most towns of any state in Nigeria more than 15 towns

Amaechi for education. Now I remember.
Amaechi was good.
Do you think why people don't add borno state governor here is because of the NGO's.

People think he didn't carry out all those projects that it was all NGO's based on the war in borno.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

Amaechi for education. Now I remember.
Amaechi was good.
Do you think why people don't add borno state governor here is because of the NGO's.

People think he didn't carry out all those projects
The numbers you don't build 10 school out of 500 and show it

Ameachi and obi touched 90% of schools in their state

90% of health care institutions in their state

That's how I rate them I don't rate fashola because even with the roads he did 60% of Lagos roads were bad

Most street's haven't be tared ever doing major roads dont cut it for me
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by accordadoga27(f): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2023
Hehehe

Third-class citizens campaigning for Obi to redeem his tarnished image.

Obi will never become the president.

Soludo in a year has done what Obi could not do in 8 years

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by aQUINandmore: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

Umiah would be what then? Ameachi is a joke to you? Obi performance on HDI means nothing to you? U don't know about sule lamido Performance in Jigawa? Lamo

anambra was an eyesore in obis term, how would you mention a governors who's under nose health workers went on strike for more than eight months , obi was so crude as a governor that he refused to conduct local government elections for complete eight years. Obi's name should be contesting for number one amongst the worse givernors ever in Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

Dude I don't count umahi.

Umahi wasted money. Umahi had only one job .
Build roads, that's the only job he had. When you know your people are mostly farmers.

All those infrastructure has no meaning if no one is using them. You need to go to Ebonyi to check things out. No one uses those infrastructure and their stupid lightin

Building an airport that no plane has landed is waste of money.
Sooner or later taxes will be coming in.

All he would have concentrated on was roads.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

Dude I don't count umahi.

Umahi wasted money. Umahi had only one job .
Build roads, that's the only job he had. When you know your people are mostly farmers.

All those infrastructure has no meaning if no one is using them. You need to go to Ebonyi to check things out. No one uses those infrastructure and their stupid lightin

Building an airport that no plane has landed is waste of money.
Sooner or later taxes will be coming in.

All he would have concentrated on was roads.
Lmaooo umiah build far more roads and bridges

Airport and stadium was last two years of his stay in office

Go to his state and see he did wonders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

Sorry are you talking about the umeha of rivers state. The former governor of rivers state..... I don't know the spelling.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 7:44am On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmaooo umiah build far more roads and bridges

Airport and stadium was last two years of his stay in office

Go to his state and see he did wonders

I'm talking about people that developed their states.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 7:45am On Oct 24, 2023
aQUINandmore:
anambra was an eyesore in obis term, how would you mention a governors who's under nose health workers went on strike for more than eight months , obi was so crude as a governor that he refused to conduct local government elections for complete eight years. Obi's name should be contesting for number one amongst the worse givernors ever in Nigeria.
Lamo mention the state that health workers didn't go on strike then I dare you

I was I rivers state then they went... Lagos State sacked their own doctors ... Lmaooo read u won't hear don't come here to disgrace yourself

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 7:46am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

I'm talking about people that developed their states.

Ebonyi HDI is performing fantastic right now

Only lacking in out of school children
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 7:47am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

Sorry are you talking about the umeha of rivers state. The former governor of rivers state..... I don't know the spelling.
Umaih of Ebonyi

That is omeha he was governor for only 3 months
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by NwaliE01: 7:48am On Oct 24, 2023
aQUINandmore:

I agree with you. I was in Enugu some last year, I couldn’t locate my way due to the spake of development. The governor did an amazing job.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 7:48am On Oct 24, 2023
aQUINandmore:

So many governors did not have local government elections because.....

The local government doesn't carry out any development and waits to share that money every month.

Have you gone to your local government to see people hang out there every end of the month? Apart from that they do not come to work until another ending.

They don't do anything.

1 Like

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Ttalk: 7:51am On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

Please name the area fashola was better than Ameachi
Akpabio
Obi
Sullivan
Umaih
Donald Duke
Sule lamido

Fashola is no where near obi in terms of governance at all

Someone of you just wake up and start typing what you have little data to back up

Legacy

Tinubu - IGR
Fashola - BRT
Sanwo Olu - Mono rail

Tinubu brought the tax system that revolutionized Lagos IGR

Fashola executed the BRT project and Housing estate

SanwoOlu - Commissioned the first Monorail in West Africa.

If you can bring any legacy or project that beats any of these, then we will talk.

Abeg don't mention, the building of roads, schools, and payment of salaries because all governors do that. Show a signature project that has no rival in Nigeria if you want to engage me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 7:52am On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

The numbers you don't build 10 school out of 500 and show it

Ameachi and obi touched 90% of schools in their state

90% of health care institutions in their state

That's how I rate them I don't rate fashola because even with the roads he did 60% of Lagos roads were bad

Most street's haven't be tared ever doing major roads dont cut it for me

I agree with 90% of schools for amaechi. They even called some schools amaechi schools because of what he did, those schools were high class renovations I wonder what must have happened to those schools, I've not been to Rivers for a long time

1 Like

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 7:52am On Oct 24, 2023
Ttalk:

Legacy

Tinubu - IGR
Fashola - BRT
Sanwo Olu - Mono rail

Tinubu brought the tax system that revolutionized Lagos IGR

Fashola executed the BRT project and Housing estate

SanwoOlu - Commissioned the first Monorail in West Africa.

If you can bring any legacy or project that beats any of these, then we will talk.

Abeg don't mention, the building of roads, schools, and payment of salaries because all governors do that. Show a signature project that has no rival in Nigeria if you want to engage me

This your comment just shows that you live in one place.

Sorry man.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Don Humble. / What Is She Doing There –nigerians React As Toke Makinwa Attends COP28 In Dubai / Woman Sues Phcn And Is Awarded N18million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.