Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello (2171 Views)

Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me / 2023: Pro Orji Kalu Group Emerges In Edo, Back South East Presidency / Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Koskio(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
…Says power of incumbency won’t guarantee victory

…Adds: APC’ll win Anambra, Ondo

By Johnbosco Agbakwuru

GOVERNOR Yahaya Bello of Kogi State yesterday said that the All Progressives Congress, APC, will take Edo State back from Governor Godwin Obaseki who recently defected to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Bello said that the power of incumbency will not guarantee victory for Obaseki, adding that Nigerians have witnessed incumbent leaders including former President Goodluck Jonathan “dethroned” from their positions.

The Kogi State Governor who spoke with State House correspondents at the end of the meeting between the North Central geopolitical zone governors and the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, enthused that the APC will also take over Anambra State.

Commenting on the crisis in the APC, Bello said, “Our party is one solid party. In a particularly big family like that, you won’t rule out any misunderstanding in one way or the other. But I can assure you that our party is strong under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari and as a father, he is already looking into it and I can assure you that we are going to come out very strong.

“We are going to go to Edo State and we shall win Edo state election overwhelmingly for APC, we are going to go to Ondo state and win it overwhelmingly for APC. We will take Anambra State and record it as a second APC state from the South East and integrate our Igbo brothers into the fold and we are going to take Ekiti and Osun once again.

“So, we are going to continue to expand our coast. So, APC is strong we are not divided, we are only seeing one same point from a different angle and we are trying to make ourselves understand the points, that is just it, there is no misunderstanding.”

Asked if he was not afraid of the power of incumbency in Edo State, he said, “We have seen those in power before that are dethroned, we have seen practically that President Muhammadu Buhari of APC dethroned PDP, the former President (Dr Goodluck Jonathan) that was on the seat.

“So, that is not any trouble at all. APC is going to win Edo State. But unfortunately, I really felt the leaving of my colleague, His Excellency Governor Godwin Obaseki in whatever circumstance to another political party. It is painful anyway, but as a political party we are going to take it back.”

It will be recalled that the Deputy Governor of Edo State, Comrade Phillip Shaibu had at the heat of the campaign for the re-election of Governor Bello knelt down at the campaign ground to beg Kogi people to forgive Bello in any way he had offended them and vote for him.

On the agenda of the North Central Governors meeting with the Chief of Staff, Prof Ibrahim Gambari, he said that the meeting was to congratulate the Chief of Staff on his appointment.

“We came to congratulate him over the appointment and that we will continue to collaborate with him as North Central governors and we will continue to provide necessary data and information that will guide him in the discharge of his duties and responsibilities and to guide Mr President as far as the region is concerned. So basically that is what we came for,” he said.

Governor Bello who was recently appointed as the head of a special committee set up by Northern Governors Forum said that individual states within the zone will ensure that the area is safe.

He said,” As we know earlier, Security is the topmost priority of this administration and we are doing our best to ensure that the nation is secured. As Northern Region governors, we met and decided that we must tackle insecurity head-on.

“So basically, my committee is to liaise with the various security agencies and security operatives to ensure that the necessary security architecture is put in place and to ensure that at the end of the day, we get the best-secured region and that of the country at large.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/i-feel-for-obaseki-but-apc-ll-take-edo-back-gov-bello/

1 Like

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
illiterate, Idiotic, tout, sorry for a governor jagajaga Bello has spoken grin grin grin

Nigerians are watching

7 Likes

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by ORIENTATION101: 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
By then time the battle is over, obaseki would have exhausted his loot on failed mission grin

6 Likes

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by ghettokid1(m): 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
APC is dead and buried in Edo State.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by SeverusSnape(m): 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
By then time the battle is over, obaseki would have exhausted his loot on failed mission grin

...then Ize Iyamu would start his own looting. Abi no be so?

7 Likes

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by ghettokid1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
[s]By then time the battle is over, obaseki would have exhausted his loot on failed mission grin[/s]

6 Likes

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Trumpcard05: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
SeverusSnape:

Don't mind them when Obaseki was in APC, he was not spending billions bah

As if they gave him the ticket for free

All of a sudden, Ize Iyamu is no longer a thief cause he's now with them

Nigerians are wiser!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by ghettokid1(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
illiterate, Idiotic, tout, sorry for a governor jagajaga Bello has spoken grin grin grin

Nigerians are watching
Don't be surprised its 'Yeye Fellow' on the beat.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by ORIENTATION101: 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
SeverusSnape:

wait till then
Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
ghettokid1:

Don't be surprised its 'Yeye Fellow' on the beat.
Thuggery is his speciality

He had to invite that dwarf hell rufai and Aisha to plead with the people on his behalf

He has started again, we will soon open his file

That disgrace of a youth

2 Likes

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Ojiofor: 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
APC will win in Anambra if herdsmen are the voters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by CilicMarin: 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
PIGS have taken over Edo Election debate online...liking one another's comments, thinking it would translate to votes for their idiotic party called PDP....

Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by ghettokid1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

He had to invite that dwarf hell rufai and Aisha to plead with the people on his behalf

That disgrace of a youth
He thinks that their 'remote control method' that brought him back to office will work in Edo.
EdoIsNotLagos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by extol1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
generation to come in kogi state will never forgive Yahaya Bello for the atrocities and suffering in the state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by anibi9674: 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
Because you have a vote abi

2 Likes

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Yebosola(m): 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

That disgrace of a youth

At least we know the side he is, it will do una like film trick, continue making noise on SM, instead of u guys looking for how u will match them Tsunami for Tsunami

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by LibertyRep: 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
They'll take Edo

Instead of they'll win Edo.

1 Like

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by chiefkpokp(m): 7:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
I sorry for ize iyamu, wetin ITV and EBS go use name do ennn. Pdp don't even need to campaign.... Damage when this two tv station go do to ham... Most expecially that ITV

1 Like

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yebosola:

At least we know the side he is, it will do una like film trick, continue making noise on SM, instead of u guys looking for how u will match them Tsunami for Tsunami
Buhari = monkeys and baboons will be soaked in blood

APC = thuggery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by WATCHOVER(m): 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
We know that APC are good at what Gov. Bello just said.

They will plan tooth and nail to claim and reclaim but they will not succeed.
The PDP are working on this issue and they will disgrace APC this time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by RenaissanceGuy: 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Nigerians are watching
Why are you so pained?
Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Why are you so pained?
Don't you know the implications of his words

Does that mean that people's vote does not count and thuggery does

Or how else is he so sure

He said and did the same in Kwara

Imports thugs, after using them, they can't handle them anymore, then they become bandits

Disturbing the peace of this country

As a citizen shouldn't you be concerned

LibertyRep:
They'll take Edo

Instead of they'll win Edo.

Thank you, I thought I am the only that observed the tenacity of his words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by RenaissanceGuy: 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Don't you know the implications of his words

Does that mean that people's vote does not count and thuggery does

Or how else is he so sure

He said and did the same in Kwara

Imports thugs, after using them, they can't handle them anymore, then they become bandits

Disturbing the peace of this country

As a citizen shouldn't you be concerned

Thank you, I thought I am the only that observed the tenacity of his words
Why all these eye-sore spacings?
Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by iokpebholo: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
Have notice APC is just hoping on using both army,police and INEC to rig d next election but we are prepared for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by slivertongue: 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
the electorates and the peoples of Edo, ondo and anambra ain't as poor and weak like kogites. they will fight their battle. they have done it before and would do it again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Obamaofusa: 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
I also pity Obaseki but he has lost Edo state.
Ize Iyamu will triumph and Edo people will enjoy the positive fruit of democracy
[quote author=ghettokid1 post=90958074][/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Unigrad: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
Anybody who try to manipulate or rig Edo Election, no matter how highly placed the person or group of persons will be, they will sleep and not wake up before the election. I declare political cleansings on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by Jostoman: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
Unigrad:
Anybody who try to manipulate or rig Edo Election, no matter how highly placed the person or group of persons will be, they will sleep and not wake up before the election. I declare political cleansings on them.
amen and so shall it be.
Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by OBUKSBAYELSA: 10:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bello is deceiving himself, Nigerians are aware that thugs that will kill, destroy and steal during the election particularly in Edo North Senatorial District is coming from KOGI STATE. I want to believe that Obaseki is equal to the task. No food for lazy man.
Re: I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello by ZAWs: 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Obaseki is such a huge traitor.

On a level playground, pastor would embarrass Obaseki with ease.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of People Who Embark On #ENDSARS Protest. / "I Ate Just Once Yesterday" - End SARS Protesters Whose Bank Account Was Frozen / Yoruba Women Scold Nnamdi Kanu, Back Police Order To Arrest Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.