Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,413 members, 7,954,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

Adultery - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adultery (943 Views)

Prayer Against Sexual Perversion, Lust, Adultery, Fornication, Masturbation Etc. / Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adultery by Nelson6(m): 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2011
i was having a deep discussion with a very close friend of mine, we've known ourselves since we where in secondary school, and our platonic friendship could be described as that of brother and sister, she confided in me about some personal issues concerning her life and i was at loss on how to advice her.
she is married and living with her husband, she works in a bank, but trouble reared its ugly head when her boss became fond of her and wanted her to be his woman, she has been refusing him for almost 3 yrs. the pressure became so much as the man has been so kind to her, buying her expensive gifts, she told me that although she likes the man she cannot sleep with him. he invited her to his place last week, one thing lead to the other . .they  knew themselves, now she is so wracked with guilt, she doesnt know whether its gonna be right to confess to her husband, she doesnt want to loose the job, because her family is financially strained but she has made up her mind to end the affair but the boss is reluctant to let her go and she cant afford to resign.

pls nairalanders WHAT advice do you have on this troubling situation?
Re: Adultery by UyiIredia(m): 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2011
i simply do not know >>> i am still a student and not married >>> and i am equally bereft of ideas on this one >>> but my 2 cents is she should tell the truth *easier said than done* and that u support her in this quest >>> if not ! kasala fit burst if the man hears this from another source
Re: Adultery by wesley80(m): 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
My heart goes out to d husband of d Cheating wife, My hands quiver with rage at d very thot of it. May God deliver husbands.
Its a straight choice, either d things of d world - your good job and adulterous relationship or your marriage and family. Obviously u cant say no any longer afterall, u "like him" and the guilt u currently feel is only going to lessen and lessen until it becomes nothing - trust me, it happens 2 d best of us. If u want to save your marriage and leave your conscience tender, I think its time to RUN. But whatever u choose, rememba - God is watching.
And yeah, I'm not buying that 'my friend' stuff!
Re: Adultery by Image123(m): 2:14am On Jan 29, 2011
I'd rather have Jesus than all of this world's wealth. If you want to follow Jesus, take up your cross and follow Him.
Re: Adultery by KunleOshob(m): 6:58am On Jan 29, 2011
@image
But you still fleece tithes from gullible believers contrary to the teachings of christ; so much for following christ abandoning the world's wealth[tithes]
Re: Adultery by Rhino5dm: 7:23am On Jan 29, 2011
Poster.
Tell her to quit the job and repent sincerely undecided. armed with her faith, the good lord will surely provide for her. Afteral he gat the whole world in his hand cheesy.

some people sef *sigh!*. how can you be sleeping with a married woman. can just imagine that rubbish. with the army of single ladies and pros.ti.tutes ready made, why a married woman shocked angry. pervart!
Re: Adultery by Azibalua(f): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2011
1 she was drawn of her own lust
James 1:12-15
12 Happy is the man who doesn't give in and do wrong when he is tempted, for afterwards he will get as his reward the crown of life that God has promised those who love him. 13 And remember, when someone wants to do wrong it is never God who is tempting him, for God never wants to do wrong and never tempts anyone else to do it. 14 Temptation is the pull of man's own evil thoughts and wishes. 15 These evil thoughts lead to evil actions and afterwards to the death penalty from God.

2. She should tell her husband,but since this might be difficult she should tell her pastor

Jeremiah3:15
And I will give you pastors according to my heart which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding

3: she has a choice to stop the relationship,he can't hold her down
Re: Adultery by Dalby(m): 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2011
It is too late to cry when the head is off. undecided undecided undecided
Also forget all those stories. She equally wanted it cry cry cry
If she can say NO now after the act like she is claiming she could have continued on that path before the act. Collecting gifts from someone you want to have nothing to do with. I laugh in spanish grin grin grin
Make she pray say her husband no find out o, because marriage don end , what were you thinking
Re: Adultery by Nelson6(m): 9:56am On Feb 02, 2011
Dalby:

It is too late to cry when the head is off. undecided undecided undecided
If she can say NO now after the act like she is claiming she could have continued on that path before the act. Collecting gifts from someone you want to have nothing to do with. I laugh in spanish grin grin grin
Make she pray say her husband no find out o, because marriage don end , what were you thinking
quite on track! my thoughts exactly.
@wesley
tnks for that input cool
Re: Adultery by Jenwitemi(m): 3:54pm On Feb 02, 2011
So, you'd rather commit adultery with the image of Jesus in ya head? Ok, i know a lot of religious people have been doing that for a long time, but will you too?
Image123:

I'd rather have Jesus than all of this world's wealth. If you want to follow Jesus, take up your cross and follow Him.
Re: Adultery by Jenwitemi(m): 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2011
Teehee! cheesy "They knew themselves" You just have to love that phrase. grin
Nelson**:

i was having a deep discussion with a very close friend of mine, we've known ourselves since we where in secondary school, and our platonic friendship could be described as that of brother and sister, she confided in me about some personal issues concerning her life and i was at loss on how to advice her.
she is married and living with her husband, she works in a bank, but trouble reared its ugly head when her boss became fond of her and wanted her to be his woman, she has been refusing him for almost 3 yrs. the pressure became so much as the man has been so kind to her, buying her expensive gifts, she told me that although she likes the man she cannot sleep with him. he invited her to his place last week, one thing lead to the other . .they  knew themselves, now she is so wracked with guilt, she doesnt know whether its gonna be right to confess to her husband, she doesnt want to loose the job, because her family is financially strained but she has made up her mind to end the affair but the boss is reluctant to let her go and she cant afford to resign.

pls nairalanders WHAT advice do you have on this troubling situation?
Re: Adultery by petres007(m): 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2011
Dalby:

If she can say NO now after the act like she is claiming she could have continued on that path before the act. Collecting gifts from someone you want to have nothing to do with. I laugh in spanish
grin grin grin

Dalby, God bless you back & front for that!
Re: Adultery by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2011
blummer, she should be tied to a stake and shot!
Re: Adultery by seyibrown(f): 1:21am On Feb 03, 2011
She could have taken her husband on that visit (and of course not for a sin assembly)! She had a choice! If she betrays Christ for money, gifts, s:x and a job, can she stand for Christ in harsher situations? Although she has fallen, she should rise and strengthen her feeble knees before she loses her marriage. Now she has the choice of lying to her husband or being honest and risking the possible consequences!

If Christ DIED for us, why can't we SUFFER A LITTLE for him especially since we know that our faith will be rewarded! Weeping (unemployment, starvation, rejection, divorce etc) may endure for a night but JOY COMETH IN THE MORNING! We need to learn to honour God and let him take of the consequences! He rewards us double for our trouble!
Re: Adultery by seyibrown(f): 1:29am On Feb 03, 2011
fntekim:

blummer, she should be tied to a stake and shot!

Would you recommend the same be done to you when (next) you commit adultery? The measure with which ye mete shall it be measured on to you!
Re: Adultery by Nelson6(m): 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2011
tnk u seyibrown . . cool
Re: Adultery by InesQor(m): 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2011
1. She should quit the job (anything less is a waste of time) and tell her husband she quit the job
2. She should further tell him she quit the job cos the Oga was making sexual advances at her.
3. When the husband has cooled down from (2) above, break the rest to him gently.

She shouldn't keep the secret. I believe Adultery is one of the sins that when you confess to God, he will ask you first "have you settled this with your brother/sister/spouse? (ONLY the person exactly concerned, not your mother or pastor and not your next door neighbour's auntie's cousin)" and if you haven't done that yet, you are only speaking empty words.
Re: Adultery by Zikkyy(m): 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2011
InesQor:

3. When the husband has cooled down from (2) above, break the rest to him gently.

This one na high risk ooh. To do this, she has to be ready to lose her husband.
Re: Adultery by InesQor(m): 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2011
Zikkyy:

This one na high risk ooh. To do this, she has to be ready to lose her husband.

True. But I think it's better than letting him either find out, or confessing to him when you are still at the same job under (sic) the same man!
Re: Adultery by Zikkyy(m): 7:44pm On Feb 05, 2011
InesQor:

True. But I think it's better than letting him either find out, or confessing to him when you are still at the same job under (sic) the same man!

Chances of the husband finding out is like 0.01%. The only concern is the confession bit you mentioned (as a christian)

InesQor:

1. She should quit the job (anything less is a waste of time) and tell her husband she quit the job
2. She should further tell him she quit the job cos the Oga was making sexual advances at her.

Why torture the poor husband. You assume this will positively impact on the husband's reaction. I dont think this will change the outcome. So if the husband get to move out or move on, she get to still keep her job (and her boss). I think promotion at work will be rapid going forward grin

(1) (Reply)

Come Lord Jesus! / Benin Catholics Kick Against Selection Of Archbishop / You Can Cast Out Devils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.