Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,028 members, 7,953,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget (585 Views)

How's Your Relationship With Your Parent / When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? / Did Your Family Use This Plate & Tray? (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by loveyou123: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
Mine is my father wrongly accusing me of stealing his money not once not twice and there is nothing you can do to convince him that you are not the one because in his mind he is always right , as a emotional person it hurts a lot.

I can't wait to graduate and run from his place before he destroyed my self esteem, I just pray we shouldn't have any big issues before I leave him, I still want to be in good terms with him.

Just because I am not a very religious person anything bad happened in the house he will be pointing fingers at me, well God know the best.

Must you be praying everyday or going to church always to be a good person?

Please share yours, if you have any hurtful experience with any of your parents.
Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by yanabasee1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
Nothing oh.....

I've been the one hurting them instead.....
Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by loveyou123: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
yanabasee1:
Nothing oh.....

I've been the one hurting them instead.....

Try and stop hurting them

1 Like

Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by GODSMILEFOREVER: 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2020
My parents are very lovely and caring but I can remember how my dad flogged me mercilessly for something I know nothing about .

All the same, he is the best dad on earth.
Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by lanibi(f): 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by etrange: 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
lanibi:
Some years back, my dad came back from work and was going to have a discussion with my mum so I decided to excuse them. Immediately I stepped out, I was trying to wear my slippers when I heard my very own father uttered these statements " while at work today, I thought about the life of my kids and realized O is the only one among my children who will not be successful in the future.

Mind you, I am the "O" he was referring to. Mehn, I cried my eyes out that night. How can he say such a thing about a 12 years old kid?
Truth be told, I became scared of my future ever since. Sometimes it serves as my motivation to keep working hard so he can be shocked but when I look at how much I know yet I'm still in this position, I can't help but cringe into thinking about his utterance that year.

I ain't no motivational speaker but what I know for sure is that his utterances were more opinionated than factual. A few events might have pushed him to that rather ridiculous conclusion but in the end, your destiny is whatever you make out of it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by Lamanii22(f): 10:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
lanibi:
Some years back, my dad came back from work and was going to have a discussion with my mum so I decided to excuse them. Immediately I stepped out, I was trying to wear my slippers when I heard my very own father uttered these statements " while at work today, I thought about the life of my kids and realized O is the only one among my children who will not be successful in the future.

Mind you, I am the "O" he was referring to. Mehn, I cried my eyes out that night. How can he say such a thing about a 12 years old kid?
Truth be told, I became scared of my future ever since. Sometimes it serves as my motivation to keep working hard so he can be shocked but when I look at how much I know yet I'm still in this position, I can't help but cringe into thinking about his utterance that year.

OMG! Look here honey, like right here... You are gonna be successful! It's just a matter of time... The negative word your father uttered doesn't have a hold on you... You are gonna be very successful no two-ways about it....

1 Like

Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by saintvc(m): 2:49am On Jun 25, 2020
Why did God give me this unfortunate child

said during morning devotion
Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by Floryangel8: 7:13am On Jun 25, 2020
I was walking on the street, my mom alighted from a taxi and gave me a slap who is that boy you were going with, I was crying and saying which boy. Oh you think you can play me that boy in the front. The truth is I don't know the boy everyone was walking and the boy was going on his own behind me, she believed the boy walked past when he saw her.
The second one, my sister finished nysc and wanted to do online job application she told me about it, but I didn't know she meant to do it immediately, she went to have her bath after the discussion and I slept off on the bed. It was rubber slippers that woke me up. I was crying while bathing because of the pepperish feeling in my back. Eventually to do the work she has to be computer literate she had to go for computer training after loosing the opportunity but I was beating that I didn't want to use what I know to help my sister.
Each time I remember I still feel bad. Both events are more than 15 years.

1 Like

Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by Haywhymido(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
lipsrsealed hmm
Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by loveyou123: 8:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
saintvc:
Why did God give me this unfortunate child

said during morning devotion
Lol u must be very stubborn
Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by loveyou123: 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by Deepocean(m): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
The day my father said "You're sleeping everyday when your friend Kelvin has already bought a car, do with your life the way you want." This happened a few months after my NYSC programme after spending five years in the university and comparing me with my friend Kelvin that didn't further his education after secondary and started hustling immediately we finished WAEC.

That statement is still hurting me till now, though I have packed out of the house.
Re: What Hurtful Thing Did Your Parent Ever Done To You That You Will Never Forget by GreaterFuture1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
My Life Story

I learn from their mistakes tho

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Help / Best Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches From Your Home. / Joint Account And Trust Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.