Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? (4429 Views)

Nigerian Man Serving In US Army Surprises Wife At Work After 11 Months (video) / Man Warms Hearts Of Many As He Serenades His Wife At Her 50th Birthday(video) / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by ashewoboy(m): 3:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
folake4u:
I'm not married but I've never filled gas in my life, na my Papa and brother dey do that one.
Any man that is waiting for me to do that one is just wasting time.

really! why?
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
cococandy:
OP sorry for the loss of your wife. I hope you’re doing great now. Hugs
I have noticed you have a good heart. Keep at it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by cococandy(f): 12:53am On Jun 29, 2020
FortifiedCity:
I have noticed you have a good heart. Keep at it
smiley
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by LadySarah: 1:47am On Jun 29, 2020
I would never do that if hubby is around. When he isn't around I use home delivery.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by frozen70(f): 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
Naxtrad:
I was on my way to fill gas today when my car broke down so I had to come down to fix it as a real guy... so I overhead a Man presume to be married saying he can not go and fill gas while the wife is at home. I was surprised because I do this for fun when my late wife was alive (RIP) without reasoning anything even when I'm busy and suddenly gas finish and food is on the cooker bro na my responsibility to go and fill the gas and come back to what I was doing... I no understand

Men with pride won't do it and they end up creating more problems to the existing one

What's the big deal lapping a gas cylinder to a gas station get it filled and take the same okada back

Pride, pride has relagated some men to be less a man
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by NNAMDIII(m): 12:02am On Jun 30, 2020
Haba! The last time i went to fill my gas was 4 years ago, anytime it finishes my mum will just call gas company and they'll come with their bus to fill it, i can't come and be carrying gas in this century

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by LagBae(f): 12:36am On Jun 30, 2020
Rebekah029:
Why would I go to fill gas when a man is in the house....??
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Joshater(m): 8:08am On Jun 30, 2020
NNAMDIII:
Haba! The last time i went to fill my gas was 4 years ago, anytime it finishes my mum will just call gas company and they'll come with their bus to fill it, i can't come and be carrying gas in this century

Oga sir, There's no standard as to how to live life!.! That a gas company comes to your house to fill the gas, doesn't mean an individual that takes his own gas to the company to fill, is backwards!.!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by NNAMDIII(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
Joshater:

Oga sir, There's no standard as to how to live life!.! That a gas company comes to your house to fill the gas, doesn't mean an individual that takes his own gas to the company to fill, is backwards!.!
This cadet you love gns is that not? You know there's wisdom in grass, to nak dey hungry u bah? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by pocohantas(f): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
Plead:

You’re trying to say you lifted 12kg cylinder?

Take it easy with the lies oh. shocked

Is it that heavy?
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Joshater(m): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
NNAMDIII:
This cadet you love gns is that not? You know there's wisdom in grass, to nak dey hungry u bah? cheesy

Oga sir... Nakking removes sickness sir! And i've been feeling somehow ill lately!.! Just give me timing sir! That's all!.!

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
pocohantas:

Is it that heavy?

Try it first.cheesy
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by pocohantas(f): 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
Elder0001:

Try it first.cheesy

I have (2) 12.5kg cylinders and I have lifted both on several occasions in the past. grin
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
pocohantas:

I have (2) 12.5kg cylinders and I have lifted both on several occasions in the past. grin

Filled or empty? shocked
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by pocohantas(f): 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
Elder0001:

Filled or empty? shocked

Both angry
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
pocohantas:

Both angry

O boy! shocked

You must be a superwoman. shocked
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by veave(f): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
My husband fills the gas regularly and I do that particular chore when he's not around. Back at the family hou it was chore for my brothers before we all dispersed and now it's just my parents my dad fills it. My elder brother who is married also fills the gas in his home. I'm sure when he travels and the gas finishes his wife wouldn't wait for him to come back first before she cooks. Na wah o. A troublemaker must find a way to show himself. Imagine
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Munzy14(m): 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
Mariangeles:

A man with that kind of attitude does not deserve the genuine love of a woman.

When you have good men in your life who shows you how a woman should be loved and cared for, you never settle for less.
I never thought filling gas could ever be an issue about whose responsibility it is until now...
Every mallam with his kettle.....different problems for different couples.

I really don't see it a big deal, anyone available can fill the gas cylinder at the station.

Even in my neighborhood, na married women and younger boys i do see most at the stations. Ones you can drive and have a car, you can do it easily.

Anybody can do it...Abii They have started using filling cylinders to measure love... grin grin
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Munzy14(m): 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
LordKO:

- When a man treats a submissive (humble and selfless) wife with love, she knows that he does so from the place of strength, not weakness, because it takes strength, not weakness, to be submissive too - here a man has a friend.

- When a man treats a contentious (crass and expedient/perfidious) wife with love, she assumes that he fears her and takes him for granted because to her love is a sign of weakness, not strength. To her, she has subjugated him - here a man has an open oppressor and enemy as a wife.

- When a man treats a servile/disingenuous (pretentious and expedient/perfidious) wife with love, she takes him for a fool/assumes that it's a sign of potency of her slyness and continues to kowtow for him. I'm sorry for men who aren't masters of their ego - here a man has a frenemy as a wife, a time bomb waiting for explosion once he has a small setback. 

Of course, it's the same thing with small variation when you reverse the genders.
Truth live here though.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
You've done the right thing.
Its a wicked man that leaves such a thing for the wife to do car available or not.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Mariangeles(f): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
Munzy14:

Every mallam with his kettle.....different problems for different couples.

I really don't see it a big deal, anyone available can fill the gas cylinder at the station.

Even in my neighborhood, na married women and younger boys i do see most at the stations. Ones you can drive and have a car, you can do it easily.

Anybody can do it...Abii They have started using filling cylinders to measure love... grin grin

Nwanne, I gaghi a ghota...

As a woman, there are some things you just need to allow the man in your life do for you.
Let him love you in every little way he can, just as you do him. cheesy
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Munzy14(m): 11:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
Mariangeles:

Nwanne, I gaghi a ghota...

As a woman, there are some things you just need to allow the man in your life do for you.
Let him love you in every little way he can, just as you do him. cheesy
We care in different ways.... cheesy

So if oga travel out of state for business or official assignment, you won't cook again?.

You know that man that said he can't go out to fill gas for the family, might find washing plate and the wife's clothes as cool even ma payint na bra......cheesy

E fit be say he does other chores apart from that gas thing..

That's how a guy was castigating another guy for giving his babe cunnilingus, little did he know that his babe attested to his expert skill in cunnilingus... grin cheesy to the other guy's babe.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by GRACEGLORY: 1:31am On Jul 01, 2020
Naxtrad:
I was on my way to fill gas today when my car broke down so I had to come down to fix it as a real guy... so I overhead a Man presume to be married saying he can not go and fill gas while the wife is at home. I was surprised because I do this for fun when my late wife was alive (RIP) without reasoning anything even when I'm busy and suddenly gas finish and food is on the cooker bro na my responsibility to go and fill the gas and come back to what I was doing... I no understand

If you can eat while your wife is home, my friend, next time double the cylinder, carry them on your head and go get a refill on feet.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by UjuJoan2: 5:05am On Jul 01, 2020
LordKO:
No, for a contentious wife - a crass and expedient woman doesn't deserve such.

Yes, for a submissive wife - a fair-minded/aristocratic woman deserves the best.

This is th5w origin of most martial squabbles. When you start assessing what you spouse do or do not deserve.

Why not just do what you can, and choose to live above all that other stuff?

In any case, buying gas is fundamentally a man's duty. Just like putting on the generator, car repairs, electrical e.t.c Anything that will require extra strength, because biologically men are stronger.

We have a serious problem with marriages in this era; by the time a family man will think he is doing his wife a favour by buying gas . . Too bad!

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by LordKO(m): 7:05am On Jul 01, 2020
UjuJoan2:

This is th5w origin of most martial squabbles. When you start assessing what you spouse do or do not deserve.

In any case, buying gas is fundamentally a man's duty. Just like putting on the generator, car repairs, electrical e.t.c Anything that will require extra strength, because biologically men are stronger.

We have a serious problem with marriages in this era; by the time a family man will think he is doing his wife a favour by buying gas . . Too bad!

No, both or one of the spouses who's either a proponent but non-practitioner of the golden rule or non-proponent and non-practitioner of the golden rule is always the cause of every marital squabbles.

Say yes to the golden rule, in positive, and say no to false wokeness. One who comes into equity should always strive to come with clean hands.

A healthy marital union/relationship will always remain one where mutual altruism and conscientiousness reign supreme over egoism, imperiousness and perfidiousness - in order words, reciprocation of goodness, not necessarily is equal and proportional measure, is the soul of every healthy union.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by UjuJoan2: 7:19am On Jul 01, 2020
LordKO:

No, both or one of the spouses who's either a proponent but non-practitioner of the golden rule or non-proponent and non-practitioner of the golden rule is always the cause of every marital squabbles.

Say yes to the golden rule, in positive, and say no to false wokeness. One who comes into equity should always strive to come with clean hands.

A healthy marital union/relationship will always remain one where mutual altruism and conscientiousness reign supreme over egoism, imperiousness and perfidiousness - in order words, reciprocation of goodness, not necessarily is equal and proportional measure, is the soul of every healthy union.

So what's your advice if one party is giving much more than the other? Not because he or she is being wicked, but probably because they don't know better.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by LordKO(m): 7:55am On Jul 01, 2020
UjuJoan2:

So what's your advice if one party is giving much more than the other? Not because he or she is being wicked, but probably because they don't know better.

Indulging such a person and their weakness is very good/necessary because perfection is of the creator of the world - conscientiousness doesn't equate to perfection, just as altruism doesn't to equate foolishness.

One clear difference between the weakness of a fair-minded person and intentional wrong of a wicked/heartless person is that, while the former doesn't take pride in his/her action, the latter always takes pride in his/her own action openly or secretly.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by bukatyne(f): 8:41am On Jul 01, 2020
Munzy14:

We care in different ways.... cheesy

So if oga travel out of state for business or official assignment, you won't cook again?.

You know that man that said he can't go out to fill gas for the family, might find washing plate and the wife's clothes as cool even ma payint na bra......cheesy

E fit be say he does other chores apart from that gas thing..

That's how a guy was castigating another guy for giving his babe cunnilingus, little did he know that his babe attested to his expert skill in cunnilingus... grin cheesy to the other guy's babe.

@bold:

One of the major things that causes discontent.

Meanwhile, the other person is just using you to test microphone or their fiction skills.

I can't do this, I won't take that, he does this, she does that.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 01, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Really? Anybody can do those two things.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Kaycee7(m): 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
pocohantas:

Both angry
Dayuum!! Drinking the salty tears of alfa males must be more nutritious than I thought.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by pocohantas(f): 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kaycee7:
Dayuum!! Drinking the salty tears of alfa males must be more nutritious than I thought.

No be say I like am, but I can do it if need be. cheesy
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by GodShowmemercy(f): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
bukatyne:

wink
Amen.
I have actually never filled a gas cylinder in my life.
And God willing, I never would.
Amen.
so if ur hubby is not around. What will u do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Stylish Ways To Decorate Your Home With Furniture In Nigeria / Involving Extended Family In Decisions - Is It Right / A Husband Confesses: 'watching My Wife Give Birth Put Me Off Sex For A YEAR!'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.