Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,618 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi (62035 Views)

Buhari Appoints His Nephew Tunde Sabiu As NIA Director - Peoples Gazette / Aso Villa Shooting: Sabiu Tunde Resumes Work, Refuses To Self Isolate / Buhari's PA, Sabiu Yusuf Rocks With Wristwatch Worth $99,995 (36,248,187.50) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by WelcomeToBiafra: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2020
techmo:

I still maintain it that the biggest fool is anyone who believes broke Nigeria has any spare 2.5bn USD or 1 trillion naira to loot when we can't even budget without heavy borrowing, while FAAC shares a paltry 500bn naira among 36 state and 700+ Local Government

Since you know better, please kindly tell us how much balance remaining in Nigeria account?

All the BMC and other sycophants supporting this zoo, will be arrested and destroy along Nigeria very soon.

1 Like

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2020
darleenje:

There is no spare money anywhere brother. The young man said the money is a gift. Which I believe is true. If that is true then it was accumulated over a period of time.

My problem is hear that Nigeria doesn't have that kind of money. We have more than that but it's in private purses not in one place.

That is the same way Goodluck wife accumulated hers and we all called her a thief.

Understand economics first.
If government tax bank accounts through stamp duties and importers at the seaports, the money generated by the government is in naira because the payments are made in naira.

For Nigeria to have dollars it must come from the US , through exports to other countries , loans or grants from International financial institutions like the IMF.

If you steal 500trillion naira and the dollars available for exchange in Nigeria is just 25billion dollars your 500 trillion naira will remain in Nigeria and cause inflation. For the 500 trillion naira to be useful in any other country , you must change it to dollars and changing such amount to stack abroad will eat up the available dollars in circulation.

Nigeria's source of dollars is petroleum that's why Buhari is the petroleum minister.

techmo

Mansorymx, value added taxes are collected in Naira right?
Now why would the government that printed the 200 naira note with which you pay the tax not print more 200 naira notes instead of collecting tax from you?
Answer this question , I'll explain to let you understand techmo's point.

3 Likes

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Kdon2: 12:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
salbis:
The BMC should come and defend the action of their demigod from the lineage of saint Buhari oo.
The magnitude of corruption within the circle of Buhari and his co-travellers is legendary.

They ll certainly come. They are shameless and useless

1 Like

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by darleenje: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
techmo:

I just tried to make it open Nigeria's broke condition, the money in his account were obviously gifts as he doesn't approve contracts or have anything budgeted to his office except his allowance

However if someone like Tinubu or Dangote badly needs a meeting with Buhari such people can forward millions to him just to make that happen, or for him to push files on Buhari's desk

So I believe it's all gift but the 1trillion is impossible

Bros you don't know how much this country has and please don't try to know so you wouldn't commit murder.

If you know how much dollars an exchange hand in national assembly you will carry a gun. These guys deal in dollars. what the are talking about is the naira equivalent.

Omo if you stay in a place of power and authority, the gift you will get will blow ya mind.
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by MansoryMX(m): 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
techmo:
cool

If you believe anyone can loot 1trillion naira from a poor country like Nigeria, then you are a fool

The whole of Nigerian customs sef struggle to make 3 trillion

The whole of NASS senate + house of reps (107 + 360) budget ₦150billion per year Shuab would now get 1trillion

You know nothing bro. Do you know how much federal government makes from ordinary Value Added Tax alone? Bro! Carry chair and sit down bro. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
ivandragon:
When the corruption story of this administration is written, it would make all previous military & civilian looters look like amateurs...

One area investigative journalists need to look at is that 'land with unknown location' in PH which was declared in 2015.

Since the man has been at the helm of affairs for the last 5 years, can he say he still doesn't know where the land is located?

That land that was so causally declared in 2015 has more to it that meets the eye... After all, an unexplored oil block is also land...

Just saying...

Definitely an oil block.

1 Like

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Atikulated: 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
Which other authority? cry
aolawale025:
This is serious. Are the authorities aware?
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by techmo(m): 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
MansoryMX:

You know nothing bro. Do you know how much federal government makes from ordinary Value Added Tax alone? Bro! Carry chair and sit down bro. cheesy

Oga tell us Na as if you think say I be learner, And I carry L for head grin

Visit ministry of finance website and website of FAAC to see the chikeni money all state , local and federal government share

No worry when Sanusi talk am say Nigeria. Go soon go bankrupt una dey laugh we go soon see
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by darleenje: 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2020
ethicallyright:

If government tax bank accounts through stamp duties and importers at the seaports, the money generated by the government is in naira because the payments are made in naira.

For Nigeria to have dollars it must come from the US, through exports to other countries, loans, or grants from international financial institutions like the IMF.

If you steal 500trillion naira and the dollars available for exchange in Nigeria is just 25billion dollars your 500 trillion nairas will remain in Nigeria and cause inflation. For the 500 trillion nairas to be useful in any other country, you must change it to dollars, and changing such amount to stack abroad will eat up the available dollars in circulation.

Nigeria's source of dollars is petroleum that's why Buhari is the petroleum minister.

techmo

Did they tell you countries declare the amount of dollar in their custody to the public? What you see in public is a fraction of what the government has. Dollars in private purses are not declared by the government though they use it in transactions.
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by MansoryMX(m): 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
Truflame:
The tears of a broken dream

Evil is gaining momentum everyday. It spreads across the land like tree branches.

No one is free from the grip rof darkness. Minutes and hourly, it keeps evolving wicked strategy to keep people within it fetters.

Ambition has been destroyed in the dark. Youth are now left at the mercy of whatever threatens them.

Political rhetorics and promises has remain unfulfilled. On list of priority is equal chances for the youth. Today, the sad reality is leadership failure. Social inequality has worsened over the years. Only few gets richer while the majority lives in abject poverty

Tears of a broken dream now flows freely on the faces of youth.

What lies at the end of the road? Of course, the predictable end is a life of tears and misery!

The beast has grown wild. He tears down anyone that refuses to acknowledge him. It is past the possibility of taming it.

Annihilation! A dreaded annihilation of this old and obsolete system is the only guarantee of hope still left for the afflicted ones.

The new cannot evolve from the old. The old must implode and must forever remain buried under a pile of ruins!

The afflicted ones will be liberated from the shackles of a wicked political system. A sigh of relief will spell a new dawn for the few who pledge loyalty to God.

The tyrant will be torn to pieces in the ensuing wreckage of this wicked political system...

Beautiful masterpiece bro. But na until Dem finish this country resources to the ground before a new dawn will emerge. As long as there is still milk and honey in this land, that new dawn will never emerge. Nigeria need to go broke to point that government won’t be able to pay workers salaries, anarchies, civil unrest and another bloody civil war, lives and properties will be lost. It could mine or yours or our loved ones. Only then will there be cleansing in the land. As of now Nigeria is a case of “No Church In The Wild
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Atikulated: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
Do you get the same and higher level of engagement with the news on LIB? The engagement is sometimes the only spice here.
Masterpiec30:
KAI IT SEEMS THIS NAIRALAND COPIES AN ALREADY OUTDATED NEWS FROM LINDA IKEJI'S BLOG . SINCE I STARTED FOLLOWING LINDA IKEJI'S BLOG ITS AS IF I AM READING ALL THE NEWS THE SECOND TIME HERE ON NAIRALAND. LINDA IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL BIKO.
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
darleenje:

Did they tell you countries declare the amount of dollar in their custody to the public? What you see in public is a fraction of what the government has. Dollars in private purses are not declared by the government though they use it in transactions.

Countries own accounts. Nigeria has a foreign reserve and an Excess Crude Account. The former is used to keep money that will finance budgets while the latter is for excess money from the sale of crude oil which is Nigeria's major export. The Excess Crude Account is kept for rainy days like this pandemic when Nigeria will not sell crude oil to get dollars.

Nigeria's reserve is not up to 70 billion dollars.

Techmo

1 Like

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by SimplyA1(f): 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
Kizyte:
Has anyone noticed the Arabic write up in the Nigerian Army's Logo?

it means victory comes from God.
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by MansoryMX(m): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2020
techmo:

Visit ministry of finance website and website of FAAC to see the chikeni money all state , local and federal government share

No worry when Sanusi talk am say Nigeria. Go soon go bankrupt una dey laugh we go soon see

If you believe anything figures you see on Nigeria government site you will believe any lie.
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Jafehis(m): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2020
I am not surprised, when aboki steals, they steal senselessly.
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by DeOTR: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2020
The ICPC Acts prohibits public servants from using their privileged office to receive gratification of any sort.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
Kizyte:
Has anyone noticed the Arabic write up in the Nigerian Army's Logo?

Nigerian Army logo is not different from that of Boko Haram terrorists

1 Share

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by MansoryMX(m): 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
ethicallyright:

For Nigeria to have dollars it must come from the US , through exports to other countries , loans or grants from International financial institutions like the IMF.

If you steal 500trillion naira and the dollars available for exchange in Nigeria is just 25billion dollars your 500 trillion naira will remain in Nigeria and cause inflation. For the 500 trillion naira to be useful in any other country , you must change it to dollars and changing such amount to stack abroad will eat up the available dollars in circulation.

techmo

Mansorymx, value added taxes are collected in Naira right?
Now why would the government that printed the 200 naira note with which you pay the tax not print more 200 naira notes instead of collecting tax from you?
Answer this question , I'll explain to let you understand techmo's point.

Your point pls. I am all ears, after all we learn everyday. Lemme learn something from you. Secondly I read about this below in NEW York Time, a foreign media. How do you explain it?.

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by nedekid: 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
techmo:

Bro, leave matter, the kind of money some people make out of this country is more than what states share. 20+ years ago I knew of a businessman that could not deal with states cause he claimed they had no money. Ie the contracts he does cannot be finance by states. Do you know there are people that have businesses that are paid in dollars daily? Do you know that folks in places by virture of just their position make millions daily? Go and check how much oga that married that young actress has made over the past 2 years and you will be shocked it is over $500m usd. This is in naija that "has no money".
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by livebyday(m): 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Masterpiec30:
KAI IT SEEMS THIS NAIRALAND COPIES AN ALREADY OUTDATED NEWS FROM LINDA IKEJI'S BLOG . SINCE I STARTED FOLLOWING LINDA IKEJI'S BLOG ITS AS IF I AM READING ALL THE NEWS THE SECOND TIME HERE ON NAIRALAND. LINDA IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL BIKO.

Very true

She is indeed good at what she does
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by OnminyiEmmy: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
News reportage just got better. Here's a new way of serving you up-to-date news and information. Anticipate!!!

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by michoim(m): 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
Foolishly concocted stories...
1. If Buhari is using him as proxy why asked him to return the money to national treasury.
2. The same story says Sabiu is being used by Daura as proxy and that Daura has to defend Sabiu before Buhari...what a contradictory story.
3.The story said monumental corruption will be exposed by end of Buhari tenure...why was monumental corruption not exposed after Buhari left military regime and after his exit from PTF?
4.The concocted story claims Buhari uses proxy to steal money that is why money cannot be traced to him. What a lie! Do you know numerous fraudulent cases of corruption that EFCC has exposed that involved the use of proxies?

1 Like

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by BABANGBALI: 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2020
Liquidbettle:
Is that possible
o po baje. Vickyrotex abi kini mo wi?
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by BABANGBALI: 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2020
michoim:
Foolishly concocted stories...
1. If Buhari is using him as proxy why asked him to return the money to national treasury.
2. The same story says Sabiu is being used by Daura as proxy and that Daura has to defend Sabiu before Buhari...what a contradictory story.
3.The story said monumental corruption will be exposed by end of Buhari tenure...why was monumental corruption not exposed after Buhari left military regime and after his exit from PTF?
4.The concocted story claims Buhari uses proxy to steal money that is why money cannot be traced to him. What a lie! Do you know numerous fraudulent cases of corruption that EFCC has exposed that involved the use of proxies?
we know Buhari is a saint so we hear you
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by AerialMapper: 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2020
Please let us enjoy NEXT LEVEL

Where are our nairaland billionaires! If Sabiu can go from Recharge Card Seller to Billionaire then Manna Grills can be a billionaire from being an eleran!!

NEXT LEVEL
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by samilly(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
Jesus wept
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by dboss12(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
Resolve to throw off the influences of any unfortunate environment and to build your own life to order.

opportunity makes a thief they said and I quote.
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Coldie(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
This is what we should do in Nigeria to checkmate corruption, every 8years vote in am opposition party, the opposition party will then probe the previous ruling party.

If Buharis government is probed I bet u many people we think are saints will loose half their bet worths
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by jacoik(m): 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
slowice:
I ve finally given up.... This is too much for anyone to bear making me wonder why some choose and still supports this calamity of a government.

For all those who packaged this calamity as "change" and booted a lesser evil only hand us the devil himself... It shall not be well with all of you.
amennnnnnnnn!!!!! please can you meet me at wazobia today by 7pm for six bottles of big stout?
Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
MansoryMX:

Your point pls. I am all ears, after all we learn everyday. Lemme learn something from you.

Let me give a scenario why we say Nigeria is poor.

Lagos , with the highest revenue in Nigeria earned 397 billion naira in 2018. I00 billion is just 258 million dollars and 400 billion naira is 1.03 billion dollars. This means that an American Rapper Kanye West is worth more than the 2018 revenue of Lagos State.
They collected all the revenues in naira. Before declaring the revenue Mc Olomo will take a bit of the transport revenue, Ambode would have taken his share . But what they steal is nothing near the 397 billion naira that was declared as earned by Lagos in 2018. If MC OLOMO or Ambode wants to stack stack the money abroad, it has to be in dollars and to get the dollars from CBN, he must have a genuine reason like paying wards school fees abroad or financing imports. No matter what, the CBN will not be stupid to exchange up to 256 million scarce dollars with 100 billion stolen naira because it will result lessen Nigeria's dollars reserve.

The money collected in Naira can be used to pay salaries, build houses in Nigeria without stress but for it to be stacked abroad it has to be exchanged.

Yes, politicians and Public officials stack it abroad . Those with oil Wells have access to dollars they receive

Yes, politicians and Public officials stack it abroad . Those with oil Wells have access to dollars they receive in foreign accounts, Diezani may corner some dollars before it reaches Nigeria to stack abroad and COS may inflate dollars used to purchase weapons, Governors may run a foreign scholarship scheme to get dollars to stack abroad or even agree with foreign construction Companies to hype their contract since the companies receive dollars they can remit the excess dollars. No one walks to the Nigeria's foreign reserve and drops trillions of naira in exchange for billions of naira without a just cause.

2 Likes

Re: 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi by Mayng01(m): 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
Buhari and Tunde have finished Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Staircase Collapsed With Wike, Tambuwal, Others On It At PDP Primaries (Video) / Jonathan And Wife Arrive Otuoke (photos) / Muhammad Halliru: Aisha Yesufu's Brother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.