Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief (11480 Views)

Pic:Ambode’s Convoy Apprehends Airforce Cadets For Locking Boy In Car Trunk / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, And His Car Spotted At Hilton, Abuja (photos) / Bomb Kills Two, Injures 33 In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by obowunmi(m): 1:16pm On Feb 12, 2011
R u one of those Nigerians that dress like a hoodlum ? Sorry to strike a nerve, but saggin bottoms started with gays in the American prison system and not koool ---- black american prisoners that came out of the prison system on Rikers Island have a certain aura about them --- and that includes dressing like the rappers on tv.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Sagamite(m): 1:25pm On Feb 12, 2011
obowunmi:

Both scenarios are legitimate ones to consider, whether cash flow or needs capital for a more flashy car --- fine. He's entitled to his preference.

If he chose to, he could have traded the car in,directly to a dealer or a "used car sales man, for a new one and just paid the difference,

Either way, he could have made better judgment on whom he was selling to: "hoodrats" are too identifiable.

I'm sure his desperate need for cash, for whatever scenario, either 1 or 2 led him to a dubious buyer.  

Not sure what this particular "hoodlum" was wearing but I'm optimistic, he was wearing some timberland boots and saggin pants --- in addition, he was certainly not speaking correct English, certainly ebonics and making ghetto phrases, "like yo, yo, yo imma get the cash."
How can he expect such a person to actually give him the money ----- I've sold cars before in the States, and I always meet with people in the open/ or at a mechanic station, never men folks in solitude or brought them to my home---- Enough!

Deeds done --- hope ajim completes law school and gets better. I'm outta this thread.

I would personally not sell a car to a used car salesman or do part exchange because of lower margins.

FFS, these guys know about cars and are experts in pricing down. They will not give you over a penny more than it is worth.

I would rather sell to an average Joe (preferably Jane) off the streets who has no jack arse clue where the radiator is. Cognitively, (s)he would think (s)he is doing a good bargain by knocking of £50 to £200 off the price I put on it and will most likely not undertake any reliable tests to find faults I want to hide.

So logically, I don't see anything suspicious or indicative about him not selling to a dealer.

Secondly, it is not everyday you will think the potential buyer coming to buy your car is a jailbird, worse still, a 6ft 8 one and critically sickening, one out to kill brutally.

Your mind does not go there considering you are sellling a car, not buying a car where you might be carrying cash. Even more so when you are selling the car in your own apartment that has CCTV cameras installed. You just don't think of it. I personally do not (as a UK resident) think it possible that anyone will still a car for use with the ways police are present on the streets and can use stop and verify ownership on the streets.

To summarise, it is a far cry and harsh to expect a guy to suspect danger and know that the person coming to buy his car is 6ft 8 and a murderous ex-jailbird coming to steal a car and not rob cash and desperate enough to kill for that even with CCTV on him. No one will suspect all that even if the potential buyer speaks ebonics. Most likely, cognitively, one will think he is a 5ft10 to 6ft2 hoodrat drug dealer that is cash rich and willing to buy in cash and go somewhere else to buy spinning alloy wills and ear-bursting sound system to show off his "achievement" in life. If I was trying to sell an expensive car quickly or not, I would be happy to sell to the latter ASAP.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by obowunmi(m): 1:45pm On Feb 12, 2011
Well said bro -- I wasn't there so only god really knows what transpired.

I'm currently seeking an apt right now and I can't use craigslist because of the various mad people lurking on the site.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by TewMuch: 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2011
Attacker Of Nigerian BMW Owner, Akeem Ajimotokan, Shot Dead In Florida
February 11, 2011 - 23:16 — siteadmin

caption:
Barion Blake
By SaharaReporters, New York
US Marshals today shot and killed Barion A. Blake  at 989 Monument Road in Jacksonville, Florida after a gunfight. with United States Marshalls and other law enforcement.
According to police sources, US Marshals were acting on a tip that Blake was hiding out at the apartment complex in Jacksonville, Florida. When he saw the marshals and other security agents approaching a gunfight ensued. Blake was shot dead.
The victim in this case, Akeem Ajimotokan, a Nigerian national, remains hospitalized and is still in a coma, according to his family, but his condition has improved and family said he is able to breathe on his own without the aid of a ventilator. 
Medical sources told SaharaReporters that Akeem has been moved from Harlem hospital in New York to another hospital in Long Island.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2011
sad
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Gbawe: 2:53pm On Feb 12, 2011
TewMuch:

Attacker Of Nigerian BMW Owner, Akeem Ajimotokan, Shot Dead In Florida
February 11, 2011 - 23:16 — siteadmin

caption:
Barion Blake
By SaharaReporters, New York
US Marshals today shot and killed Barion A. Blake at 989 Monument Road in Jacksonville, Florida after a gunfight. with United States Marshalls and other law enforcement.
According to police sources, US Marshals were acting on a tip that Blake was hiding out at the apartment complex in Jacksonville, Florida. When he saw the marshals and other security agents approaching a gunfight ensued. Blake was shot dead.
The victim in this case, Akeem Ajimotokan, a Nigerian national, remains hospitalized and is still in a coma, according to his family, but his condition has improved and family said he is able to breathe on his own without the aid of a ventilator.
Medical sources told SaharaReporters that Akeem has been moved from Harlem hospital in New York to another hospital in Long Island.

We thank God. Let us hope he continues to improve enroute to a full recovery.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2011
Yes,let`s hope so. Any word on his prognosis?
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by matemate: 5:41pm On May 21, 2011
heart breaking
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by musiwa46: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2011
so bad
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by matemate: 3:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
na wao
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Musiwa52: 2:55am On Jun 24, 2011
how did the story end
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Musiwa42: 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2011
how did the story end
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Uche2005: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
why did you ask
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Uche2008: 4:07pm On May 12, 2012
what happen to this story again
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Musiwa49: 7:34pm On May 12, 2012
any update
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by musiwa11: 6:36am On Jan 16, 2013
. what happen to this case.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by musiwa11: 4:27am On Jan 18, 2013
what happen to this case. what happen to this case.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by pappilo(m): 11:59am On Nov 17, 2016
A Nigerian lawyer, Akeem Olakunle Ajimotokan, who was stabbed in New York, United States, on January 20, 2011, died on 30 October at Methodist Hospital, Sugarland, Texas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/columbia-u-man-beaten-5-year-coma-dead-38-article-1.2869942

Kunle was a friend in the neighbourhood. He dated my crush so I always had 'beef' for him for that reason.

Smart and intelligent. He was a go getter. Kunle was one of the first to start driving and was the top dawg packing everyone around with his bus. He was also one of the first to leave the hood for pastures anew in God's own country

Such a shame it ended the way it did.

RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia / President Buhari Instructs AGF To Investigate Accused Top Govt Officials / Do Crowds At APC, PDP Presidential Rallies Show Candidates’ Acceptance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.