Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,402 members, 7,843,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief (11477 Views)

Pic:Ambode’s Convoy Apprehends Airforce Cadets For Locking Boy In Car Trunk / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, And His Car Spotted At Hilton, Abuja (photos) / Bomb Kills Two, Injures 33 In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by fstranger1: 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2011
Gbawe:

It is not always compulsory to argue you know . What is car insurance for ? Ever heard of fully comprehensive cover ? Third Party , fire and theft ? No law enforcement officer , not even the most insane, will advise the victim of a carjacking to fight back thus endangering their life . Insurance can provide the victim of a carjacking with a new car. If a man is killed resisting a carjacking who will give him his life back?

I understand your point to be a gentle man and all that.

I dont care what the cops say. i have my pride, you know.

So would you allow someone to come into your house and rape your wife too?

Like I said,it is safe to play it cool and let the carjacker have his way, like some pastors tell their congregation whenever  they are about to swindle them.
But for me, you are not taking my property without a fight. If I have to die defending my property, so be it.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by buzugee(m): 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2011
like i always tell nigerians (as we have a propensity to show off), ok first off you are black (this means that your success will be a source of annoyance to the police and most white people), and secondly, your success will be a source of envy amongst the many underprivileged black people in america. in short ? you will have a bullseye on your back if you drive high end cars. does not matter how successful you are, please just buy an old and reliable toyota camry and you will be surprised how peaceful your life is. there are predators looking at you and your high end car and its only a matter of time.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by buzugee(m): 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2011
fstranger1:

I understand your point to be a gentle man and all that.

I dont care what the cops say. i have my pride, you know.

So would you allow someone to come into your house and violation your wife too?

Like I said,it is safe to play it cool and let the carjacker have his way, like some pastors tell their congregation whenever  they are about to swindle them.
But for me, you are not taking my property without a fight. If I have to die defending my property, so be it.

i am with gbawe on this one. a car is hardly worth your life. just give em the car. you live to buy another one. its only material goods.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by buzugee(m): 8:22pm On Jan 30, 2011
back in the days when white people could get away with killing black people, any rich black person was killed by them. read this about the 'black wall street' in the 1920s. http://www.blackwallstreet.freeservers.com/The%20Story.htm
the only thing preventing them from doing that today is the law, but believe me when i say if they could get away with it, some would. always appear broke and nobody will even look at you or mess with you. stop buying high end cars.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2011
buzugee:

like i always tell nigerians (as we have a propensity to show off), ok first off you are black (this means that your success will be a source of annoyance to the police and most white people), and secondly, your success will be a source of envy amongst the many underprivileged black people in america. in short ? you will have a bullseye on your back if you drive high end cars. does not matter how successful you are, please just buy an old and reliable toyota camry and you will be surprised how peaceful your life is. there are predators looking at you and your high end car and its only a matter of time.

You are absolutely right. And your analysis about what might happened is really clever.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by fstranger1: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2011
buzugee:

i am with gbawe on this one. a car is hardly worth your life. just give em the car. you live to buy another one. its only material goods.

So If I came to your house with a club to ra-pe your wife, would you allow me?
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by buzugee(m): 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2011
fstranger1:

So If I came to your house to ra-pe your wife, would you allow me?
you are ra-ping a human being. thats different from a 'piece of metal'
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by EzeUche2(m): 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2011
buzugee:

back in the days when white people could get away with killing black people, any rich black person was killed by them. read this about the 'black wall street' in the 1920s. http://www.blackwallstreet.freeservers.com/The%20Story.htm
the only thing preventing them from doing that today is the law, but believe me when i say if they could get away with it, some would. always appear broke and nobody will even look at you or mess with you. stop buying high end cars.

I remember hearing about that story from one of those "ethnic" classes I took at my university. Sad but true. Reminds me of what happened in Rosewood.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by buzugee(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2011
Aigbofa:

You are absolutely right. And your analysis about what might happened is really clever.

thanks aigbofa
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2011
fstranger1:

So If I came to your house to ra-pe your wife, would you allow me?

@fstranger

A car is just a car. Remember Enis Cosby and Michael Jordan's dad? If the thieves had just stolen their cars, they probably still be alive today.
No car is worth a human life.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by MandingoII(m): 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2011
Why are African Americans targeting Nigerians? This is unbelievable. How many of our people have to be killed in that country?

It is going to get WORSE if the economy do not get better.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by EzeUche2(m): 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2011
We all know most Nigerians suffer from "big man syndrome." Many Nigerians enjoying showing off their money. Not knowing that  many Blacks in America will see you as a mark (target). When will Nigerians learn?

I have encountered many rich white people, and do not act like blacks when they get money. Actually, you will not know if they are wealthy. How many of you all have seen Bill Gates in a suit? No, he is always seen in jeans. Or even Steve Jobs who I have never seen wear a suit.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by buzugee(m): 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

I remember hearing about that story from one of those "ethnic" classes I took at my university. Sad but true. Reminds me of what happened in Rosewood.
happens all the time. stay meek and humble and appear broke, they love it. they will even be offering you stuff lol.
Aigbofa:

@fstranger

A car is just a car. Remember Enis Cosby and Michael Jordan's dad? If the thieves had just stolen their cars, they probably still be alive today.
No car is worth a human life.
exactly. cosbys son and jordans dad. victims of carjackings. totally not worth getting killed over. a car, that is.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

We all know most Nigerians suffer from "big man syndrome." Many Nigerians enjoying showing off their money. Not knowing that  many Blacks in America will see you as a mark (target). When will Nigerians learn?

I have encountered many rich white people, and do not act like blacks when they get money. Actually, you will not know if they are wealthy. How many of you all have seen Bill Gates in a suit? No, he is always seen in jeans. Or even Steve Jobs who I have never seen wear a suit.

They would target any successful African American as well, they don't discriminate.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by tpiah2: 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2011
fstranger

we've got to stop having these conversations.

it's getting spooky.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by EzeUche2(m): 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2011
Aigbofa:

They would target any successful African American as well, they don't discriminate.

Of course they don't discriminate. It is a "dog eat dog world," in America, where only the strong will survive. I have come to notice that from my time in the United States. You have to always be vigilant. The U.S. is actually a violent country to be honest. Just turn on the news and look at what you hear.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by MandingoII(m): 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2011
We all know most Nigerians suffer from "big man syndrome." Many Nigerians enjoying showing off their money. Not knowing that many Blacks in America will see you as a mark (target). When will Nigerians learn?

that is BECAUSE Nigerians ARE NOT USED to wealth, luxury items and the good life.

thus, you SELL YOUR SOUL for a few material trinkets.

Y'all did this during the slave trade and still aint got Nothing to show for it but a under developed land.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by tpiah2: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2011
It is going to get WORSE if the economy do not get better.

yes, we all know that, i hope.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by EzeUche2(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2011
MandingoII:

that is BECAUSE Nigerians ARE NOT USED to wealth, luxury items and the good life.

thus, you SELL YOUR SOUL for a few material trinkets.

Y'all did this during the slave trade and still aint got Nothing to show for it but a under developed land.

Now you know you cannot talk!

I have seen plenty of AA with Escalades even though they live in run down neighborhoods or projects.

How is your car's rims going to cost more than the actual car?  grin grin grin

Or how about the AA that rather have the latest Jordans instead of paying their light bills.

AA are the most materialistic people in the world. Just listen to the rap songs.

Always talking about cars, money and "hoes."

The list is endless.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by tpiah2: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2011
all fingers are stained with oil, i guess.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by MandingoII(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2011

Not True!!

If you live in a HIGH END neighborhood and stay in HIGH END areas you do not have any worries. Strike the word high end for non poor.

hang with the poor and you get what the poor give you. PAIN.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by ekubear1: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2011
@EzeUche_: This is something I've never understood. It seems so shortsighted to me. . . not even being materialistic about things that have a good chance of lasting for a long time (real estate, stock, bonds, etc), but Jordans  undecided
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by MandingoII(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2011
Now you know you cannot talk!

I have seen plenty of AA with Escalades even though they live in run down neighborhoods or projects.

How is your car's rims going to cost more than the actual car?

Or how about the AA that rather have the latest Jordans instead of paying their light bills.

AA are the most materialistic people in the world. Just listen to the rap songs.

Always talking about cars, money and "hoes."

AND YOUR must a. r se is just as materalistic. You want to stick out so bad. but you can't. I don't know why? don't NOBODY know you.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by fstranger1: 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2011
MandingoII:

AND YOUR must a. r se is just as materalistic. You want to stick out so bad. but you can't. I don't know why? don't NOBODY know you.

Dont you have a better reply than that?

You guys are pathetic and a pain. grin
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by EzeUche2(m): 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2011
eku_bear:

@EzeUche_: This is something I've never understood. It seems so shortsighted to me. . . not even being materialistic about things that have a good chance of lasting for a long time (real estate, stock, bonds, etc), but Jordans  undecided

I never understood either. I am perfectly fine with Adidas than a $140 - $200 Jordans. Funny enough, it only took $5 to create the Jordans, and Nike gets all of the profit. Must be nice running that company, knowing that you will always be making money off of gullible AAs.

You should see the lines at footlocker for the latest Jordans.  grin grin grin

Just thinking about it makes me want to invest in Nike.

They really need to get their priorities straight. At least a Nigeria will invest his money in other business ventures.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by Gbawe: 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2011
tpiah*:

true talk.

We have similar going on in the UK. One website (www.gumtree.com) is particularly notorious because of how it allows ads to be listed freely with entirely bogus details . They won't check or vet any telephone numbers supplied . There has been many incidences of folks showing up to buy a car only to have their money taken away by knife wielding thugs.  You can also fall victim , if selling a vehicle, to carjackers after high-end cars they can 'ring' . We all have to be careful, keep alert and use our head . I wonder why some people will go and attempt to buy a 2009 plate Range Rover (worth over £45,000) for £20,000 because they see an ad claiming such a car is available at a price ridiculously below market value. Likewise it does not make sense thinking you will close the deal successfully if someone states they want to come and buy your £30,000 advertised car in cash.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by fstranger1: 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

I never understood either. I am perfectly fine with Adidas than a $140 - $200 Jordans. Funny enough, it only took $5 to create the Jordans, and Nike gets all of the profit. Must be nice running that company, knowing that you will always be making money off of gullible AAs.

You should see the lines at footlocker for the latest Jordans.  grin grin grin

Just thinking about it makes me want to invest in Nike.

They really need to get their priorities straight. At least a Nigeria will invest his money in other business ventures.

Why do that?

Just set up a tax company in any of the black neighborhoods

These people are so stupidd, they cant prepare their tax themselves. You'd rip the off and they wouldnt know.

Or a Beer store, they'd drink themselves to stupor without blinking

Why do you think Indians set up their stores in Black neighborhoods?
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by tpiah2: 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2011
Gbawe:

We have similar going on in the UK. One website (www.gumtree.com) is particularly notorious because of how it allows ads to be listed freely with entirely bogus details . They won't check or vet any telephone numbers supplied . There has been many incidences of folks showing up to buy a car only to have their money taken away by knife wielding thugs. You can also fall victim , if selling a vehicle, to carjackers after high-end cars they can 'ring' . We all have to be careful, keep alert and use our head . I wonder why some people will go and attempt to buy a 2009 plate Range Rover (worth over £45,000) for £20,000 because they see an ad claiming such a car is available at a price ridiculously below market value. Likewise it does not make sense thinking you will close the deal successfully if someone states they want to come and buy your £30,000 advertised car in cash.

^^gbam.

just last month i was reading some horror stories about this very thing. People were advising each other to never cut a deal without witnesses and firepower present.

i think many nigerians have been lulled into a false sense of security because they've had things relatively easy so far, so they assume all the bad stuff is only in the past and can never happen again.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by EzeUche2(m): 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2011
fstranger1:

Why do that?

Just set up a tax company in any of the black neighborhoods

These people are so stupidd, they cant prepare their tax themselves. You'd rip the off and they wouldnt know.

Or a Beer store, they'd drink themselves to stupor without blinking

Why do you think Indians set up their stores in Black neighborhoods?

Haven't they heard of Turbo Tax? grin

But let us be clear. . . I have noticed a divide in the black community in the U.S. The middle class blacks are a different breed from their cousins who hang around in the inner cities.

Go to any inner city in the U.S., you will see a gun store, liquor store, beauty supply store on every block. And the interesting thing is that none of these stores are owned by the blacks themselves.

But there is money to be made in the "hood."
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by MandingoII(m): 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2011
The funny thing is, African Americans DO NOT TALK about Africans.
except to pity them.

While you people talk about African Americans , envying them and wishing you were in their Station.

while your country is living in the 17th century and yet YOU think YOU are more civilized and westernized and WILLING to kiss the White man's behind, WHILE he steals your oil and poison your rivers.

Africans
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by fstranger1: 9:09pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^^^

You mean we envy people who are suffering in the midst of plenty?

I for sure did not envy the mofo that broke into my mother's car a month after she bought it.

I wish I could have been there myself to send him to early grave.
Re: Nigerian Lawyer, 33, In USA Found In His Car Trunk With Neck Broken By Car Thief by EzeUche2(m): 9:09pm On Jan 30, 2011
MandingoII:

The funny thing is, African Americans DO NOT TALK about Africans.
except to pity them.

While you people talk about African Americans , envying them and wishing you were in their Station.

while your country is living in the 17th century and yet YOU think YOU are more civilized and westernized and WILLING to kiss the White man's behind, WHILE he steals your oil and poison your rivers.

Africans

Stop throwing a temper tantrum.  grin

AA do talk about Africans so hush your mouth

BTW, the most educated group in America is not Asians, but it is Nigerians. Maybe you can learn from the Nigerian immigrants who come the U.S.

They do not live off of welfare.  And they are always progressing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Ethically-Challenged Not Me - Ribadu / Onyeka Owenu Meets With NEMA Officials Over Welfare Of Idps / Plot To Rewrite Senate Standing Rules Revealed - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.