Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon (524 Views)

Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum / Primary: Obaseki To Be Elected Unopposed As Imasuagbon Steps Down / Kenneth Imasuagbon: I Won’t Step Down For Obaseki, Even In My Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon by Freeman213: 10:39am On Jun 24, 2020
Governorship aspirant, Barrister Kenneth Imasuagbon, an aspirant in the race for the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo, says contrary to reports, he has not stepped down for Governor Godwin Obaseki ahead of the party's primaries scheduled for Thursday.

In a statement signed by him and made available to newsmen in Benin on Wednesday, Imasuagbon debunked the rumour that he has accepted $2 million from the Governor to step down for him.

The Abuja based educationist stressed that he was in the governorship race to win and not to make up the number of aspirants for the PDP ticket.

He noted that the rumour of him accepting $2 million from the governor is being spread from his (Obaseki's) camp to sway the votes of delegates in his favour.

According to him, "The governor knows am popular with the delegates and he is doing everything possible to change this.

"For the sake of emphasis, I have not and will not consider accepting any money for me to step down from the rave for the PDP ticket.

"I also understand that they are trying to manipulate the delegate list to their favour. I want to warn that if they try it, we will do everything possible to resist it and we shall meet in the court of law.

He urged all delegates to come out and him in tommorow's primaries just as he promised to wipe away poverty from the state of elected as governor.

Re: Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon by BERNIMOORE: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2020
This is a rebrand if the old news
Re: Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon by okudave(m): 10:42am On Jun 24, 2020
grin
Re: Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2020
All for the hype... Obaseki will always emerge the flag bearer of PDP. They just want to milk him a bit
Re: Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon by ManOfCompetence(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2020
shocked
Re: Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon by biGwal(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2020
If you understand politics well, imagine what the terms of negotiation will be, now that they know PDP is his only chance and hope..

The people seeing Obaseki as a saint should think about the fact that PDP can't accept him in his present situation of rift with Oshiomole and give him a waiver to enable him contest without making demands which is the reason for the few days of negotiations. In the end, the same thing he failed to do with Adam Osiomole is what he has gone to do in PDP. Who is deceiving one another?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon by jidamsel43(m): 11:18am On Jun 24, 2020
Don't allow Obaseki to push you away. I love to see disintegration of both APC and PDP
Re: Edo 2020: I Remain In The Race For PDP Ticket, Imasuagbon by PIMPAR: 11:23am On Jun 24, 2020
Gbam! Well said, say no to Tax collectors

(1) (Reply)

Ondo PDP Primaries : Jegede Supporters Rejoice As Ward Delegates Emerged / Ize-iyamu Exposed By Prof. Grace Alele-williams / I'll Wipe Out Boko Haram, Says Buhari As He Condemns Execution Of Aid Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.