Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated (1806 Views)

El-rufai: Obasanjo’s Second Term Was Nigeria’s Most Successful Period Economical / FFK: 'Was Nigeria Created For Dangote Or Was Dangote Created For Nigeria?' / Attack On Oshiomhole: APC Has Disintegrated, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2020
Rodwave:

You don't know how to use analogy. You can't compare unrelated issues. It is foolishness to keep making foolish analogy. Learn how to compare similar things together first.

it is difficult too to criticize analytically.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
Igbochief001:

U can't say for sure ... people like hope won't be imo governor

minus Hope has the easterners set a pattern of voting in leaders during PDP and APC era's that were without corruption? is corruption not institutionalized in the east since 1960 till now like in the rest of Nigeria. are the ibos not engaging in crimes in and outside business, in Nigeria and abroad in high rates like other Nigerians ? so on what moral ground do you think they are more Noble than other Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Guestlander: 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin
Very good question, why have some Nigerians refused to move on? The blatant answer is the Jelousy, which breeds Envy and bring him down syndrome that is embedded in the yoruba and fulani man's black heart.

Even this forum will not move it to front page, but if it was an igbo criminal case, or Nnamdi kanu post, it would be on page 25 by now.

This shows the level of unforgivemess in Nigeria, and we all know which tribe that have constantly propagating this hatred, from their intentional lopsided government policies to outright beef for 53yrs while years.
But the igbo man forgave quickly, went out again and bought properties with a forgiven heart, re invest , and yet he is seen as an enemy.

This is why we insist that this country was never and will never be one.
The whole of western Europe (7 countries) is 196 million, But they colonised the whole world.
Only Nigeria is 200million, why can't we seperate into just 3 countries in peace?

Nonsense, 12 years after the war, the second republic came and one Ibo man was already the vice president of Nigeria. Ojukwu, the man who brought the war on his own people who caused the deaths of millions was allowed to come back to Nigeria without any repercussions.
No Ibo mad has ever been denied to contest for a higher office just because he is Ibo. No Ibo man has ever been prevented from doing his business anywhere in Nigeria.
Nigeria is not perfect, there are structural issues which are affecting all Nigerians equally not matter where you come from.
But the Ibos harbor deep animosity against other Nigerians which was subtle and not very apparent until the coming of the internet.
It gave us a glimpse into the type of orientation ibo children got from their parents. You can all see it in Nnamdi Kanu and his army of hate mongers, and even here on Nairaland.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
igbochief001

1. patriotism starts first from the leaders and down to the followers. the reverse leads to chaos. patriotism also stems on values. there must be a value/values driving patriotism eg like the motto of Nigeria "Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress". all those elements when adopted by the leaders faithfully will guide their decisions, actions and words. followers will then follow suit.

2. the weak justice system of Nigeria crippled by corrupt leaders is responsible for the other things you listed. fix it and going forward things will be better. but that is going forward. no one can fix the past and anyone who dwells there can't be fixed.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
Guestlander:

Nonsense, 12 years after the war, the second republic came and one Ibo man was already the vice president of Nigeria. Ojukwu, the man who brought the war on his own people who caused the deaths of millions was allowed to come back to Nigeria without any repercussions.
No Ibo mad has ever been denied to contest for a higher office just because he is Ibo. No Ibo man has ever been prevented from doing his business anywhere in Nigeria.
Nigeria is not perfect, there are structural issues which are affecting all Nigerians equally not matter where you come from.
But the Ibos harbor deep animosity against other Nigerians which was subtle and not very apparent until the coming of the internet.
It gave us a glimpse into the type of orientation ibo children got from their parents. You can all see it in Nnamdi Kanu and his army of hate mongers, and even here on Nairaland.

your tone has deep seated animosity... my message to you is "rebuild TRUST and RELATIONSHIPS".

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Commonsense99: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
Guestlander:

First, telling me an igbo man was made vice is an insult to ndi igbo! We just need to go our seperate ways either peacefully or otherwise.. it's a blunt reality !

Do you know Rwanda? do some research about their post genocidal policies Let's use that as an example, then you be the judge.

And what you call the Internet hatred of an igboman is actually a retaliation of what is beign done against him, the Internet gave voice to the voiceless igbo to air their views, [b]harsh truth is not hate bro,..[/b]will you swear that the policies have not been designed to undeveloped the igbos? Why can't the federal government allow us to import from SE and SS? Why do they keep more than 50 check points from lagos to East? What about the recent $22billion loan?

If an igbo man harbours hate, why did he freely buy your land while the, hausa Fulani business man who doesn't harbour hate refused to even rent ordinary apartment to from SE n SS?

The only company the yoruba man brings to igbo land is Pentecostal Church(for tithes) and perhaps banks, while greater % of igbo man's company is built outside igbo!

Now from all these body language, who harbours hate? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Fash20: 4:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
Nigeria is a country europe is a continent. OP use your brain na

1 Like

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
needanswer:

minus Hope has the easterners set a pattern of voting in leaders during PDP and APC era's that were without corruption? is corruption not institutionalized in the east since 1960 till now like in the rest of Nigeria. are the ibos not engaging in crimes in and outside business, in Nigeria and abroad in high rates like other Nigerians ? so on what moral ground do you think they are more Nobel than other Nigerians?
Orji uzo kalu was imposed by his God father ibb in 1999 ...that lead to the series of bad leadership in abia

1 Like

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
-
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
Igbochief001:

Orji uzo kalu was imposed by his God father ibb in 1999 ...that lead to the series of bad leadership in abia

do you mean Ibo voters in Abia don't count? do you mean Orji Kalu did not have a strong followership of PDP then later APC supporters in Abia?
Abia apart what of the rest of the east, are the state members not active in politics too? who imposed bad leadership on them too?
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
I propose all African regions : West ,North,South,East,Central Africa be federations with all Ethnic nations: ( Efik-ibibio-Ejagham-Obolo cluster) or Calabarians, Yoruba,Ashanti, Beti/Fang,Igbo,Hausa,Tiv/Idoma cluster , Ijaw , Krahn ,Mende,Zulu/Xhosa cluster ,Kanuri ,etc,) as autonomous states or provinces .
All communities /dialects : Efik(Calabarian) ,Ijebu(Yoruba) ,Yerwa(Kanuri),Onicha(Igbo) ,Sakkwatanci(Hausa),Annang(Calabarian), Owerre(Igbo),Ibibio(Calabarian) Atsi(Fang), etc. as autonomous districts or cities within each states or province.

My proposal is true independence compared to the fictitious colonial shithole mergers a few decades ago? It is foolish to advocate civic nationalism of fictitious colonial mergers . And it is foolish to compare forceful colonial mergers to deliberate foundations like America,Canada,and Australia . If the powers so wished,Yoruba could have been carved into Benin republic , Hausa could have need carved into Niger republic.
My favorite countries in the world are ethno states like Japan,Botswana,South Korea,Scotland, Norway,Netherlands,Lithuania,etc.
This does not advocate division or bigotry. in fact,I believe this will foster unity and corporation. Individuals would still relocate to any state or city of choice and also intermarry. In fact, i think the ethnic squabbles would be eliminated if all the ethnic groups have autonomy and control of their land, rather than a unitary system where they are all fighting for scarce resources. It would not matter where the presidents are from.
Africans should unite at their own accord ,not forcefully merged.
There are numerous benefits having larger federations like West ,South ,North,East,Central Africa,but I won't get into that that now.
This is my view at this time,and i'm always opened to reason with other opinions.

you have put a good solution forward but is that truly the answer?

America and Canada were the so called NEW WORLD OF RICHES to the invaders from Europe. they went to North America to plunder the land of gold, silver, sugar, spice etc. Just like they did when they colonised Nigeria.

Some of them later settled and almost wiped out the native population of USA and CANADA numbering into their millions in a short number of years. Is that what you call "DELIBERATE FOUNDATION"? mind you some of the natives survived and still live with the invaders up till today but they live largely in peace and their countries prospers. Their histories are well known, but the native Americans have learnt to make peace with it and work with their NEW NEIGHBORS.

In Nigeria's case the invaders left and we gained independence yet unlike the native Americans we haven't made peace with the past. Nelson Mandela (may his soul rest in peace) understood this quite well, he knew the past was in the past. he didn't seek revenge for apartheid, instead he knew despite South Africa not being homogeneous,
if the people worked together there is no stopping how bright their future would become. But since his death look how South Africa has fallen from grace because black men refuse to make peace with the past. every time black South Africans feel like they have been cheated or are not getting all they deserve they remember how Nigerians are taking their jobs and women and start blaming and killing Nigerians, they start being xenophobic.

mind you morale were high after independence, Nigeria had her future in her hands but bad leadership from a corrupt government lead us where we are. bad leadership is what failed us and not any merger, ours is no better than the native Americans, the wrong done to them is worse than us, yet they are far better than we are today.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
Fash20:
Nigeria is a country europe is a continent. OP use your brain na

that is why the post says IMAGINE, use your IMAGINATION
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
needanswer:

do you mean Ibo voters in Abia don't count? do you mean Orji Kalu did not have a strong followership of PDP then later APC supporters in Abia?
Abia apart what of the rest of the east, are the state members not active in politics too? who imposed bad leadership on them too?
No body knew him before 1999 they were strong armed

The rest Igbo states are doing fantastic relative to restrictions n least revenue they collect
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
Igbochief001:

No body knew him before 1999 they were strong armed

The rest Igbo states are doing fantastic relative to restrictions n least revenue they collect

fantastic in what sense, they have the lowest corruption index or they are the most developed?

the future of the youths are also secured too? crime rate is low? unemployment is also low? I can keep going, but what do you mean exactly?
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
-
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
what you wrote up there shows you did not read to understand , you only read to find fault and oppose . you have failed my failed test. i suggest you reread it again to understand .
South Africa was invaded and settled just like the US,Canada and Australia. the natives where suppressed and relegated to background . Today those lines are being rectified . the provinces are structures along those ethnic nations, in fact there are 3 capitals. Nigeria's case is not so . you can't ask Igbo or Kanuri to just forget about their ethnic nations
Although i advocate universal culture ,mixture and homgenity. For now humans are diverse will always want to identify with their heritage. you just cant ask Igbo or Yoruba to forget about their identity in favor of a fictitious colonial shithole .
South Africa is larger than Nigeria but has only 4 Ethnic nations and 9 provinces. Botswana (Tswana land) is an ethnic nation with 85 percent Tswana population. there are other groups but are small and integral part of Tswana .so basically there's homogeneity. same thing in Japan,the Yamato are 95 percent of population. there are smaller ethnic groups but are too integrated with Yamato to be considered separate.

China is a fictitious communist shithole with Han Chinese suppressing Tibet ethnic nation and other Yugur ehtnic nation. I think Tibet and Yugur should have their indepndence. The other smaller ethnic nations which in fact i would prefer to call communities such as Zhuang,Quiang ,yao and the rest are an integral part of Han Chinese.

ultimately I advocate universal culture ,mixture and homogeneity,and It will eventually happen on it's own accord, but for now the political system needs to be rectified in colonial shitholes like Nigeria most of Africa ,and south east asia like Phillipines,etc . You just can ask people to discard their heritage.

who is asking anyone to discard their heritage? correct that notion. all tribes should be respected but all tribes don't need to go their separate ways to form another nation, that's my point. a nation can prosper and thrive whether it is homogeneous or not. it can prosper and thrive whether they were merged or invaded by building bridges of Trust and cordial relationships.

bad leadership is the only culprit for underdevelopment.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
-
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
This is my last reply to you.
I advocate true independence . All African regions : West,North,South,East,Central, should be federations. All ethnic nations : Igbo,Calabar (Efik-ibibio-Ejagham,Obolo cluster ) ,Yoruba,Beti/Fang ,Hausa,Ijaw ,Ashanti ,Krahn, Tiv/Idoma/Ogoja Cluster ,etc. should be autonomous states or provinces with districts.
I advocate universal culture ,but I understand and respect individual heritages,their liberty and needs for these identifications at this time . I believe these ethnic nations should have true independence and that the lines will eventually and naturally blur .

Nigeria is a fictitious third world shithole and will always be unless the system is restructured . For example , all the future presidents have already been chosen to be from a particular ethnic nation regardless of competence. that's not true democracy .
Nigeria and most African and asian colonial shitholes is similar to merging Swedes,Germans,Lithuania,Scots,,Welsh and Polish as one unitary country. Scotland's resources is shared among the other states. All the presidents are Swedes or Polish. obviously there'll be squabbles . but they get along and cooperate now because they have true independence .
Buhari does not know what Calabar or igbo or Kanuri needs ,Only the people directly affected know what they need . Efik-ibibio resources $16 billion a year oil revenue is confiscated and shared among 36 states ; they can't build power plant for stable electricity ,they can't have have border walls to protect their territory. Loads of trucks of homeless and religious fanatics from Hausa/fulani ethnic nation was recently intercepted at the cross river border.
Nigeria is a failed state .

I feel their pain and bad leadership sums up their lot. fairness and equity should be used as a yard stick in any form of rulership.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
-
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
that's why all ethnic nations should be autonomous and have control of their resources then they can decide how to develop. if you look a the Nigerian map, you'll see there's different ehtnic nations territory in other ethnic nation's territory. For example , there's portions of Calabarian (Efik-ibibio) Territory in Igbo states,There's portions of igbo territory in cross river and akwa ibom. There's portions of Igala territory in igbo states .etc etc . I wonder why.
I'm not sure if Obolo is Efik-ibibio though the recording I've heard sounds like . why is there half of Obolo in akwa ibom and the other half in river's state it makes no sense . it's like a divide and rule tactic. I think all ethnic nations should be simply autonomous states or provinces. Abi local governmwent in cross river state is igbo land and should be in igbo state . why is it in efik ibibio territory ? .etc etc

I have heard your side of the argument for homogeneous rule along ethnic line. it has its merit obviously.

but the untold truth is homogeneous or not, the success of a nation depends not on its make up (America, china, Britain, Japan etc) but on equity, fairness, hard work, transparency, a good justice system, electoral system just to mention a few.

whatever happens in the end if this principles are not learnt by the homogeneous people now before they separate, their fate won't be any better than before.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
-
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by xcon: 11:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
Igbochief001:

Because they were divided into cultural line ... developed at their own rate then came back together as eu

Imagine mixing Spain and france and Belgium and expect unity and growth

Let's go our separate ways , grow out our one rate ...in 50 years time we can form and economic regional body like EU
. If the separation will involve SE(Biafra) and SS Niger delta I will support, but if the se are planning to take ss or any part, then the clamor for separation is nothing but attempt of the SE to corner Nigeria oil to themselves.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by xcon: 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
Igbochief001:

Because they were divided into cultural line ... developed at their own rate then came back together as eu

Imagine mixing Spain and france and Belgium and expect unity and growth

Let's go our separate ways , grow out our one rate ...in 50 years time we can form and economic regional body like EU
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 11:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
Only an Efik-ibibio person should have sole administration and control of Efik-ibibio territory . every single funds ,power and autonomy should be available to them to build their native land with passion. do not split the $16 billion dollars per year oil revenue and give the governor only 50 million per month.

give a governor more than $16 billion dollars and if those principles outlined above are not instilled, it will be wasted in private pockets. natural resources obviously are sources of wealth but the greatest that you have failed to appreciate is human capital development. Japan's highest export is technology. in fact almost all the developed countries, their greatest export is technology. UAE is moving quickly off natural resources into tourism and other exports.

natural resources may run dry one day or lose their market value like oil in the future, but the human resource will never. look beyond what is in the ground.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
-
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 12:04am On Jun 26, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
Human development is important , they want to do that and are doing that but they need the complete $16 billions dollars to accomplish what they desire, but Nigeria is a fictitious third world shithole and that won;t happen .

Oil money will not sustain a country forever even Nigeria. if that is what is the driving force in forming a homogeneous country then I smell more woes.

in that efik-ibibio territory you mentioned the oil won't be found in every community or in every person's family land, so it means in the end people who have everything will have to share with people who have nothing. and if OWNING full rights to oil is the drive, those who have it all may decide not to share with those who don't have at all. and how will someone from a community who doesn't have oil in that efik-ibibio territory ever be made president? he doesn't qualify.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by xcon: 12:04am On Jun 26, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin
Very good question, why have some Nigerians refused to move on? The blatant answer is the Jelousy, which breeds Envy and bring him down syndrome that is embedded in the yoruba and fulani man's black heart.

Even this forum will not move it to front page, but if it was an igbo criminal case, or Nnamdi kanu post, it would be on page 25 by now.

This shows the level of unforgivemess in Nigeria, and we all know which tribe that have constantly propagated this hatred, from their intentional lopsided government policies to outright beef for 53yrs whole years.
But the igbo man forgave quickly, went out again and bought properties with a forgiven heart, re invest , and yet he is seen as an enemy.

This is why we insist that this country was never and will never be one.
The whole of western Europe (7 countries) is 196 million, But they colonised the whole world.
Only Nigeria is 200million, why can't we seperate into just 3 countries in peace?
. Why 3 they are more than 30 different ethnic group in the SS alone .You people (SE) are planning to create Biafra with Igbo majority dominating just like Nigeria(Hausa's/Fulani) dominating. The call for division by Igbo is to use the minority resources to develop the SE.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 12:10am On Jun 26, 2020
xcon:
. Why 3 they are more than 30 different ethnic group in the SS alone .You people (SE) are planning to create Biafra with Igbo majority dominating just like Nigeria(Hausa's/Fulani) dominating. The call for division by Igbo is to use the minority resources to develop the SE.

there are merits to your claims but I want someone who is Ibo to clarify
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 26, 2020
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 12:12am On Jun 26, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
I may soon delete my account because i observe mnost Nigerians lack common sense .
what;s the diffeence between what you proposed and mine proposal of the entire african regions being federations?
Let all African regions be federations and then you advocate for good governance.

I'm not sure what you mean by what I proposed? I speak of forging a better future by building TRUST and RELATIONSHIP.

but I raised honest questions in my previous post
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by xcon: 12:18am On Jun 26, 2020
AdaoraNK:

The foundation is faulty, it paved way for bad leadership. The constitution should be amended and return Nigeria to three region member states or we adopt the 2014 national conference report which APC fulani led government said "its for the archive" knowing that the conference report will reposition the country to a better place meaning some people are benefiting spoilt Nigeria.

GEJ meant well for this country.
Why not 6 region SE want to benefit from SS excluding the north and SW.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 12:20am On Jun 26, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
I may soon delete my account because i observe most Nigerians lack common sense . i've already deleted my previous comments on this stupid thread.
what's the difference between the current colonial merger and my proposal of the entire African regions being federations? the difference is that I advocate decetralization of power to the ethnic nations. If you think it's okay for Buhari who is Hausa fulani to have sole power and control to decide if there's seaport or electric generation in Igbo land or Nupe land , then you should not have problem with a west African federation where a wolof man from present day Senegal has control over igboland or nupe land . You should also advocate civic nationalism for my proposed west african federation.
Let all African regions be federations and then you advocate for good governance. A Krahn individual from sierrelone or Wolof from senegal can be president and have control over the entire federation igbo,Yoruba,Ashanti etc and then you advocate for good governance then.

and you believe forming a federation will motivate all ethnic groups to move for better governance?

and you believe that won't make us more ethnocentric?

you think some ethnic groups will ever be allowed to rule the federation? the more populated ethnic groups will dominate the less populous one as always.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#EndSARS Protesters Reject Food, Drinks Donated MC Oluomo / Those Calling For Buhari's Resignation, Sorry... Osinbajo Must Resign Too / Live Video Coverage Of Lekki Massacre vivid proof that people died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.