Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated (1807 Views)

El-rufai: Obasanjo’s Second Term Was Nigeria’s Most Successful Period Economical / FFK: 'Was Nigeria Created For Dangote Or Was Dangote Created For Nigeria?' / Attack On Oshiomhole: APC Has Disintegrated, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 26, 2020
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 12:30am On Jun 26, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
Nigeria is a federation created by colonial powers. if they wished , they could have merged the entire west Africa as one federation and name it Westland like i'm doing now . I'm American , my dad is Efik-Calabarian American and mom is Northern-Scottish American.

you told me your background which is fine by me but you didnt address my questions
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 26, 2020
xcon:
. If the separation will involve SE(Biafra) and SS Niger delta I will support, but if the se are planning to take ss or any part, then the clamor for separation is nothing but attempt of the SE to corner Nigeria oil to themselves.
Personally I want an Igbo Nation ....igbos in south east n igbos in south south the ones that agree

It south south decide to join biafra or Igbo Nation ...it would be a lose republic with each south south tribe forming a region and being semi independent

People should willingly join a nation
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Iceberg3: 7:24am On Jun 26, 2020
needanswer:

and you have gone and missed the point. the point of the post is build TRUST and RELATIONSHIPS. europe was just an analogy to show that something good can happen in a place where people want to rebuild trust and relationship.

even in one tribe, there are still prejudice between states, within communities of the same states, even within villages in the same state.

If after how many decades we are still learning to build trust, what's the point?

Nigeria was never one and will never be one.

Everything about the country is wrong,it's faulty and forbidden.

Igbochief001 and others are right
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Iceberg3: 7:28am On Jun 26, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
The Nigeria you are being patriotic to and advocating for better governance is already a federation created by colonial powers. if they wished , they could have merged the entire west Africa as one federation and name it Westland like i'm doing now ,then you would be advocating for good governance and be patriotic to Westland . Perhaps the president could be from Wolof in present Senegal or Nupe from present Nigeria. whether Westland or Nigeria , I think all ethnic nations: Yoruba,Nupe,Kanuri etc. should be autonomous states or provinces.
I'm American , my dad is Efik-Calabarian American and mom is Northern-Scottish American.

You are very lucky
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by oyatz(m): 7:34am On Jun 26, 2020
Please check TwitterNG and see the the avalanche of abuses and very derogatory posts they made about Tinubu and the Yorubas in the last 72hrs just because of the crisis I the APC.

Ironically, they don't have any Igbo politician in the same way and level they hate Tinubu.

Guestlander:

Nonsense, 12 years after the war, the second republic came and one Ibo man was already the vice president of Nigeria. Ojukwu, the man who brought the war on his own people who caused the deaths of millions was allowed to come back to Nigeria without any repercussions.
No Ibo mad has ever been denied to please check Twittercontest for a higher office just because he is Ibo. No Ibo man has ever been prevented from doing his business anywhere in Nigeria.
Nigeria is not perfect, there are structural issues which are affecting all Nigerians equally not matter where you come from.
But the Ibos harbor deep animosity against other Nigerians which was subtle and not very apparent until the coming of the internet.
It gave us a glimpse into the type of orientation ibo children got from their parents. You can all see it in Nnamdi Kanu and his army of hate mongers, and even here on Nairaland.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by oyatz(m): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2020
If most of the comments of young Igbo online is limited to criticism of actions and inactions of Government, nobody will call it hatred but they set out to demonize other Nigerians and whimp up sentiments against them especially the Yoruba people.

Be sincere and read their posts on Facebook, Twitter and Nairaland with an open mind.

Commonsense99:

First, telling me an igbo man was made vice is an insult to ndi igbo! We just need to go our seperate ways either peacefully or otherwise.. it's a blunt reality !

Do you know Rwanda? do some research about their post genocidal policies Let's use that as an example, then you be the judge.

And what you call the Internet hatred of an igboman is actually a retaliation of what is beign done against him, the Internet gave voice to the voiceless igbo to air their views, [b]harsh truth is not hate bro,..[/b]will you swear that the policies have not been designed to undeveloped the igbos? Why can't the federal government allow us to import from SE and SS? Why do they keep more than 50 check points from lagos to East? What about the recent $22billion loan?

If an igbo man harbours hate, why did he freely buy your land while the, hausa Fulani business man who doesn't harbour hate refused to even rent ordinary apartment to from SE n SS?

The only company the yoruba man brings to igbo land is Pentecostal Church(for tithes) and perhaps banks, while greater % of igbo man's company is built outside igbo!

Now from all these body language, who harbours hate? grin grin grin
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2020
Iceberg3:

If after how many decades we are still learning to build trust, what's the point?

Nigeria was never one and will never be one.

Everything about the country is wrong,it's faulty and forbidden.

Igbochief001 and others are right

I respect your opinion. it took many developed countries longer time to build trust and relationships. but the first critical step is to leave the past in the past.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 7:52am On Jun 26, 2020
oyatz:
If most of the comments of young Igbo online is limited to criticism of actions and inactions of Government, nobody will call it hatred but they set out to demonize other Nigerians and whimp up sentiments against them especially the Yoruba people.

Be sincere and read their posts on Facebook, Twitter and Nairaland with an open mind.

every tribe is at fault, Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa etc. no tribe is a total saint in this matter. but let me ask you, do you still want Ibo's as part of Nigeria or do you prefer they leave? please no sitting on the fence, a yes or no is preferred.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2020
oyatz:
Please check TwitterNG and see the the avalanche of abuses and very derogatory posts they made about Tinubu and the Yorubas in the last 72hrs just because of the crisis I the APC.

Ironically, they don't have any Igbo politician in the same way and level they hate Tinubu.

they too have been mocked by Yoruba's when they were suffering. when the army was killing unarmed protesters in the Ibo lands did Yorubas as a people speak against the injustice? instead they laughed. when your own Sowore was been maltreated by the DSS by not obeying court order despite his arrest been justified, did other tribes not join mouth to speak against that injustice?

but you want people to sympathize with you but you won't do that for them in return too?
injustice is injustice whether it is to Ibo, Yoruba, hausa etc
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 26, 2020
needanswer:

I respect your opinion. it took many developed countries longer time to build trust and relationships. but the first critical step is to leave the past in the past.
Oga nothing would never. Make and Igbo man trust a fulani man in Nigeria to the extent of giving him land to stay ...oga Nigeria can never be United ...the only way to unite Nigeria is to break it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga nothing would never. Make and Igbo man trust a fulani man in Nigeria to the extent of giving him land to stay ...oga Nigeria can never be United ...the only way to unite Nigeria is to break it up

I expected your mention on the other post I made which I quoted you
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by oyatz(m): 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
Do I want Igbos to be part of Nigeria?

My (PERSONAL) ans: Capital YES.

However, my personal opinion is inconsequential to what Igbos want themselves.
If they want to leave, I think we should all respect their decision.

needanswer:

every tribe is at fault, Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa etc. no tribe is a total saint in this matter. but let me ask you, do you still want Ibo's as part of Nigeria or do you prefer they leave? please no sitting on the fence, a yes or no is preferred.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Iceberg3: 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
needanswer:

Not I a country like Nigeria.

Do you think the north love to be with the south?

Crude oil is what is keeping the north in naija.

We are just wasting time together and it's dangerous for our future generations.

The federal government petroleum agencies are NNPC DPR PTDF PPPRA PPMC PPPRA. The maritime agencies are Nimasa and NPA and all these are headed by northerners!!!!

What do you call that?
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
Iceberg3:

Not I a country like Nigeria.

Do you think the north love to be with the south?

Crude oil is what is keeping the north in naija.

We are just wasting time together and it's dangerous for our future generations.

The federal government petroleum agencies are NNPC DPR PTDF PPPRA PPMC PPPRA. The maritime agencies are Nimasa and NPA and all these are headed by northerners!!!!

What do you call that?

that's due to bad leadership. the thing with tribal politics is this: if I win and I am from a certain tribe my people will benefit the most from it. this wrong pattern has repeated itself severally with many tribes that wins... let's wait and see if the ibos gets it right. once again that is due to bad leadership and corruption.

minus crudeoil, another major reason the north and by extension the SE need the SS and SW is because both regions are LAND LOCKED regions. they can't access the sea. seaport is very important for cargo movements between nations as airport is important for passenger travel. they loss the south west or south south and they loss their access to the sea and are boxed inland.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
oyatz:
Do I want Igbos to be part of Nigeria?

My (PERSONAL) ans: Capital YES.

However, my personal opinion is inconsequential to what Igbos want themselves.
If they want to leave, I think we should all respect their decision.

good then let that yes be yes and let's stop pointing accusing fingers at each other. if you play your peaceful part and other tribes choose not to, at least you aren't part of the problem.

Ps: if the ibos that is the SE ever leave, the equilibrium scale of the north v south will never be balanced. it will forever tip in favour of the north, they have the size and they have the numbers to eclipse both the SW and SS combined together. northern nepotism will be the order of the day, the north will become a dictator in Nigeria against the SW and SS. to win any major political role in Nigeria the SW or SS will have to gather massive votes from the NORTH which may never materialize. and if ever they let the ibos go, they can't let the SS (cause of oil) and SW( with Lagos being the economic capital of Nigeria) go without a hard civil war fight. it's dicey.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Iceberg3: 11:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
needanswer:

that's due to bad leadership. the thing with tribal politics is this: if I win and I am from a certain tribe my people will benefit the most from it. this wrong pattern has repeated itself severally with many tribes that wins... let's wait and see if the ibos gets it right. once again that is due to bad leadership and corruption.

minus crudeoil, another major reason the north and by extension the SE need the SS and SW is because both regions are LAND LOCKED regions. they can't access the sea. seaport is very important for cargo movements between nations as airport is important for passenger travel. they loss the south west or south south and they loss their access to the sea and are boxed inland.

There are many European countries and African countries that are landlocked and are doing very well.
May God deamalgamate this faulty land please
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 12:24am On Jun 27, 2020
Iceberg3:

There are many European countries and African countries that are landlocked and are doing very well.
May God deamalgamate this faulty land please
European countries that have forgiven themselves over WW1 and WW2 since like forever and African land locked countries that promotes peace with the sea border countries.
there is little to no forgiveness or peace in the pursuit of this NEW NATION you seek

what that means is the country that surrounds the SE which is Nigeria can cripple her future economy with just an official word or a pen.

they can impose huge tariffs on your import(making imports expensive for the SE) or export goods(making them less competitive in the trading markets due to high cost of sale) or they can decide to close their borders to yours as buhari did to west African countries recently. either ways it still turns out the SE still needs Nigeria although Nigeria may not need it then.

the prospect aren't so promising from my perspective especially when you believe the Fulani's never forgive and the Yoruba's are back stabbers. if you leave in a bad way, the after taste of that bitterness may be the recipe used in further negotiations with the SE.
I hope nobody gets to eat that humble pie
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by DMerciful(m): 4:22am On Jun 27, 2020
The Igbos moved on as seen by returning to the places in other regions they were before the war and building properties. It is the rest of Nigeria that refused to move on by saying they can't trust the Igbos with power. Any little conflict or poster of Mohammed in far away Denmark leads to killing of Igbos by Northerners. The rest of Nigeria are somehow pained that the Igbos they could have finished off came back on top!
needanswer:

in the Nigerian story, the Ibo citizenry were hard done. the vengeful nature of the Fulani/hausa's caused them to pounce on an entire tribe because of what a few soldiers lead by an Ibo man did to their leaders. Those who wronged them should have been dealt with alone and not an entire tribe which is genocidal. I believe that lead to them feeling unsafe and wanting to live Nigeria as a whole. post civil war, we have had some of that pattern of ethnic killing replicated time and again. this is unjust, and I condemn it.

but the ibo's are also not without fault. they lost the war for freedom from Nigeria and while I commend majority of them for going back to different parts of Nigeria that they ran from forgetting how their people may have been killed their, some of them and their followers have not accepted the result of the war. Germany and japan lost their respective wars fairly and Unfairly but did not dwell on the loss. dwelling on it would have cause them to seek revenge and maybe WW3. moving on is more noble for great minds but not easy if you aren't mature enough.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by Iceberg3: 5:08am On Jun 27, 2020
needanswer:

European countries that have forgiven themselves over WW1 and WW2 since like forever and African land locked countries that promotes peace with the sea border countries.
there is little to no forgiveness or peace in the pursuit of this NEW NATION you seek

what that means is the country that surrounds the SE which is Nigeria can cripple her future economy with just an official word or a pen.

they can impose huge tariffs on your import(making imports expensive for the SE) or export goods(making them less competitive in the trading markets due to high cost of sale) or they can decide to close their borders to yours as buhari did to west African countries recently. either ways it still turns out the SE still needs Nigeria although Nigeria may not need it then.

the prospect aren't so promising from my perspective especially when you believe the Fulani's never forgive and the Yoruba's are back stabbers. if you leave in a bad way, the after taste of that bitterness may be the recipe used in further negotiations with the SE.
I hope nobody gets to eat that humble pie

I'm not from the east, I'm south south.
And make no mistakes,we are also not interested in this bloody place.
We want out as much as the Igbos do.

God will never put your destiny in the hands of your enemies...say amen.

So He also will never put our destiny in the hands of our enemies.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by oyatz(m): 10:19am On Jun 27, 2020
If Nigeria is going to disintegrate ,it won't be into two (Igboland Vs the rest of Nigeria) but into many smaller Republics.

Different parts of Nigeria were existing indepently of each other before 1914, so if the union is dissolved, every parts will revert to how they were before the union.

needanswer:

good then let that yes be yes and let's stop pointing accusing fingers at each other. if you play your peaceful part and other tribes choose not to, at least you aren't part of the problem.

Ps: if the ibos that is the SE ever leave, the equilibrium scale of the north v south will never be balanced. it will forever tip in favour of the north, they have the size and they have the numbers to eclipse both the SW and SS combined together. northern nepotism will be the order of the day, the north will become a dictator in Nigeria against the SW and SS. to win any major political role in Nigeria the SW or SS will have to gather massive votes from the NORTH which may never materialize. and if ever they let the ibos go, they can't let the SS (cause of oil) and SW( with Lagos being the economic capital of Nigeria) go without a hard civil war fight. it's dicey.

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
Iceberg3:

I'm not from the east, I'm south south.
And make no mistakes,we are also not interested in this bloody place.
We want out as much as the Igbos do.

God will never put your destiny in the hands of your enemies...say amen.

So He also will never put our destiny in the hands of our enemies.

amen and good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
oyatz:
If Nigeria is going to disintegrate ,it won't be into two (Igboland Vs the rest of Nigeria) but into many smaller Republics.

Different parts of Nigeria were existing indepently of each other before 1914, so if the union is dissolved, every parts will revert to how they were before the union.

I hope you are a prophet and it happens as you have said it. but one thing I know is that the Fulani's never like to be on the losing end of any agreement.

a future without the south is a loss to the north cause they are landlocked, they need access to seaport down south. they are also require the fertile lands of the south for their live stocks, and that's minus crude oil.

well maybe you are a prophet and it happens as you said it.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2020
DMerciful:
The Igbos moved on as seen by returning to the places in other regions they were before the war and building properties. It is the rest of Nigeria that refused to move on by saying they can't trust the Igbos with power. Any little conflict or poster of Mohammed in far away Denmark leads to killing of Igbos by Northerners. The rest of Nigeria are somehow pained that the Igbos they could have finished off came back on top!

you are correct in some ways. majority of ibos have moved on, especially those living in other parts of Nigeria. a minority though, now pushing to become the majority Ibo voice have not moved on and waste no time in remembering the past, instead of integrating like the other ibos and getting a two feet stand in Nigeria and it's politics.

the unjustified pains due to loss of lives and properties is terrible to say the least but like other countries who made peace with their past, that is the right way forward.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by oyatz(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Nobody likes to be on the losing side

needanswer:

I hope you are a prophet and it happens as you have said it. but one thing I know is that the Fulani's never like to be on the losing end of any agreement.

a future without the south is a loss to the north cause they are landlocked, they need access to seaport down south. they are also require the fertile lands of the south for their live stocks, and that's minus crude oil.

well maybe you are a prophet and it happens as you said it.
Re: Imagine If EUROPE Was NIGERIA, It Would Have Disintegrated by needanswer: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2020
oyatz:
Nobody likes to be on the losing side

it's fine that way

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia And Fulani Market; Lagos And Ndigbo Market / VIDEO: Aregbesola Dumps KWAM 1, Appoints Saheed Osupa As Personal Musician / #EndSARS: Dj Switch Fears For Her Safety In An Exclusive Interview With Isha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.