Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,158 members, 7,957,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? (1367 Views)

Guys Please Is Nokia 5.3 A Good Phone / Nokia 2.3 Unboxing And Impressions Video - Is It Worth It? / Is Nokia X6 A Good Phone ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by CapedBaldy: 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
I've been using my tecno phone for nearly 5 years now and the performance is really terrible now. I want to get Nokia 2.3. If you've used it, is it reliable? also does it work smoothly after the Android 10 update?
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by MightySparrow: 10:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
CapedBaldy:
I've been using my tecno phone for nearly 5 years now and the performance is really terrible now. I want to get Nokia 2.3. If you've used it, is it reliable? also does it work smoothly after the Android 10 update?
Nokia and tecno ke? go for it, my nokia 5.1 na helele

2 Likes

Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2020
A lot of people complain about that nokia 2.3, its an mtk phone and probably like your old tecno so.... lipsrsealed check users opinion from any phone review site before diving in. Would rather go for an old samsung model personally than this.
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by Norman4real(m): 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
I've held one before, and I can say it has only two positives, a clean UI and a very good display panel (despite it being 720p). Otherwise it uses an entry level Mtk A22, doesn't have fingerprint scanner, mediocre camera, battery capacity is small and has low RAM/ROM. It would be ideal as a side phone to accompany your main one but if u are looking for good performance then it won't be favourable regardless of how many software updates it receives.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by DragnetisaKuk(f): 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
If you're budget conscious, check out the Redmi 8, Umidigi A5 Pro, or the Nokia 5.1 Plus.

1 Like

Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by Flytime: 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
CapedBaldy:
Norman4real:
I've held one before, and I can say it has only two positives, a clean UI and a very good display panel (despite it being 720p). Otherwise it uses an entry level Mtk A22, doesn't have fingerprint scanner, mediocre camera, battery capacity is small and has low RAM/ROM. It would be ideal as a side phone to accompany your main one but if u are looking for good performance then it won't be favourable regardless of how many software updates it receives.
you said it all,at first glance I wasn't impressed with the Nokia 3.2 and 2.3
Their camera is terrible especially the 3.2 ,even that of the 4.2 wasn't great it was mostly average but with gcam it was boosted to above average,the 3.2 supports gcame but since the 2.3 is mediatek it doesn't

The screen of the 2.3 is great and bright outdoors

Performance will be average (I've not used them but I know someone using one and I've experienced the device I'm not just sure about the performance because I haven't used it to play games or anything but the chipset is pretty low)
Tbh Android 10 doesn't make the 2.3 feel any better you just know you're on Android 10 those looking at your phone will think it's a very cheap phone because the phone is fat and has a wierd design at the side and back.

In summary go for umidigi a5 pro and flash with Android 10 (it has a better chipset hence better performance, way better design,better camera although not great to and a way better display (FHD) an higher ram and rom in general a way better experience).Dont go for the a3x apart from design the Nokia is better than it.
Update-the umidigi a7pro is now available its your choice between the Nokia 4.2 and it because theyabre I'm similar price points

3 Likes

Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by rowland545(m): 10:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
MightySparrow:
Nokia and tecno ke? go for it, my nokia 5.1 na helele
your Nokia 5.1 get glo 4g...and is it the global version
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by paltielx: 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
Yeah, average ram and good battery and camera
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by MightySparrow: 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
rowland545:
your Nokia 5.1 get glo 4g...and is it the global version
I have not tried glo on it since i bought from jumia.
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by rowland545(m): 12:10am On Jun 26, 2020
MightySparrow:
I have not tried glo on it since i bought from jumia.
is it global version And can u link me up with d seller on jumia
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by MightySparrow: 6:10am On Jun 26, 2020
rowland545:
is it global version And can u link me up with d seller on jumia
I now rememeber, glo 4G does not work on it. however, just check jumia online you will find their contact and call as they have many people in their customer care to make enquiry.
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by sammieguze(m): 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
umidigi a7 looks better now.

fancy phone but no engine
DragnetisaKuk:
If you're budget conscious, check out the Redmi 8, Umidigi A5 Pro, or the Nokia 5.1 Plus.
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by DragnetisaKuk(f): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
sammieguze:

fancy phone but no engine

Haha. Helio P23 SoC.
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by sammieguze(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2020

good fancy phone but no engine though
DragnetisaKuk:
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by sammieguze(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
yes sir.

the snapdragon 439 on nokia 4.2 is much better than that.
and cheaper too.
plus, its gets security patches and OS upgrades compared to that umi.

in terms of aesthetics though, umi is looking more beautiful.
why use the same chipset for a5 pro and a7 pro sef?

they are at least 1 year apart.
read on the comparisms of both chipsets.

i think OP should go for 4.2 rather than 2.3.
its cheaper, better and more functional with fingerprint sensor
DragnetisaKuk:

Haha. Helio P23 SoC.

1 Like

Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by Kamaye(m): 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
Norman4real:
battery capacity is small? I doubt if you are talking about 2.3 because it is a 4000mah battery, which is not small by all standards.

1 Like

Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by Flytime: 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
sammieguze:
yes sir.

the snapdragon 439 on nokia 4.2 is much better than that.
and cheaper too.
plus, its gets security patches and OS upgrades compared to that umi.

in terms of aesthetics though, umi is looking more beautiful.
why use the same chipset for a5 pro and a7 pro sef?

they are at least 1 year apart.
read on the comparisms of both chipsets.

i think OP should go for 4.2 rather than 2.3.
its cheaper, better and more functional with fingerprint sensor
the processor can play fortnite you know
I couldn't find fortnite on a person Nokia 4.2 playstore
DragnetisaKuk:

Haha. Helio P23 SoC.
That of the Nokia is probably better but that of the umidigi is also good but they should have used the p35 for it's price.
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by Jamessly(m): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nokia 4.2 and Nokia 3.2 are good in performance and battery and the build quality is good[color=#550000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by Jacku: 9:23am On Jun 27, 2020
CapedBaldy:
What Tecno have you been using for that long? It must be durable o. I really do not know about the Nokia 2.3 but you can check for other devices around that price range too and read reviews.
Re: Is Nokia 2.3 A Good Phone? by NaijaTechPrice: 11:34am On Jun 27, 2020
If you are looking for an affordable phone with good battery, then suggest you go for Nokia 2.3. Also the internal storage of 32GB isnt bad. Nokia phones are also known to be very durable, so getting this phone isn't a bad idea. If you want to change your mind, here are more android phones under 40000 naira.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Lust Normal? / See How The Infinix Note 7 Works In A Nutshell / Any Physical Apple Store In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.