Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Who Wrote The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Wrote The Quran? (19781 Views)

Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back / Youths Reading Quran Dressed Red & White Attires. Photos Spark Online Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Hadampson(m): 10:26am On Jun 26, 2020
tonididdy:
Of course a MaN

Modified:
Biko @seun
What is this nonsense?
( must I be a Muslim to relate with islam topics?)

Yes
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Hadampson(m): 10:31am On Jun 26, 2020
lilianofentse:
Deceit, terrorism, factionism, hate, hypocrisy. All in one religion

I won't say a word.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by SmartPolician: 10:41am On Jun 26, 2020
tonididdy:
Of course a MaN

Modified:
Biko @seun
What is this nonsense?
( must I be a Muslim to relate with islam topics?)

Everyone is scared of Muslims, including the Nairaland founder

Tomorrow, they will start telling us that theirs is a religion of peace

5 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by TheSourcerer: 10:43am On Jun 26, 2020
kevoh:

As long you don't comment in the Islamic section for like seven days, it will disappear. For me, it's a meaningless text, the same way FTC(first to comment), likes, shares, karma, upvotes etc. have no meaning to me in real life. It's funny how people bother themselves over these stuffs.
you shouldn't blame people , psychologically people are dependant /need something or someone to depend on , especially with the harsh facts of reality , movies don't do it anymore , but the internet does
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Dreyton36: 10:46am On Jun 26, 2020
The Qur'an wasn't written by no man or spirit
It was written by Almighty Allah himself and sent down to prophet Muhammed (S.A.W)

2 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by rolams(m): 10:47am On Jun 26, 2020
Edyice:

Good and do your research

That is an homework for you ...

Let me even help you small ooh

Just small oooh

You do the rest ... peace

Read ( MOHAMMED VS THE PEOPLE )

Written by an hypocrite like you?

Bird of a feather! What a lazy careless life!! Read good books, you won't hear, clear your mind off all bias, you won't listen. Your heart, mind and brain have been blocked.

4 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Inception100: 10:49am On Jun 26, 2020
Na wa, so I must be Muslim t comment..

The person that wrote the book knows him self,So let continue our life. Pick what is good for this modern age and leave the rest..

When the Holy book was written, it was a different time. So I advance, every thing in all does Holy Books are not to be used. Pick the right once and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by TheSourcerer: 10:49am On Jun 26, 2020
SmartPolician:

Tomorrow, they will start telling us that they are a religion of peace
lol the same religion that vehemently says the earth is as flat as a seal laid on clay , lol thats laughable

Dahaa
“And the earth, along with it, He spread forth endlessly [dahaa].” [79:31]

And Allah has made the world spread out as a carpet for you holy Koran 71 verse 19

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Moneyboyz: 10:50am On Jun 26, 2020
rolams:
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.

The credible role model!

I won't be surprised if you end up blowing up some place, raping a 6 year or 9 year old Aisha
Invading people's homes or beheading someone in the name of God
Or even killing a man just to inherit his wife.

Role model indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Austeeenxx: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2020
It was written by Prophet Muhammadu Buhari (SAW); Allah's one true prophet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by kevoh(m): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2020
TheSourcerer:
you shouldn't blame people , psychologically people are dependant /need something or someone to depend on , especially with the harsh facts of reality , movies don't do it anymore , but the internet does
Lol...This dependence for 'virtual approval by virtual stranger' is becoming unhealthy. I have seen an instance on reddit where someone posted a picture and claimed to be the one in the picture pouring away his late wife's ashes into a river/stream just to gather sympathy and reddit upvotes/karmas (our equivalent of likes). Only for the real owner i.e the true person in the picture to come out later. Turns out the impostor knew him. How low can one get?

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by kevoh(m): 11:04am On Jun 26, 2020
SmartPolician:

Tomorrow, they will start telling us that theirs is a religion of peace
I'd be scared too if threats were made on my life even if I had the world best security at my fingertips especially from a group of adherents with history of murder and violence for things of little importance like a cartoon drawing. The isolated Islamic section on Nairaland religion section and the Islamic text declarations before you post are products of these threats! Religion of peace my foot!

6 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Abs76: 11:09am On Jun 26, 2020
Proud to be a Muslim Alhamdulillah

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by fortran12: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2020
MuslimHowto:
Those who claim that the Qur’an was written by Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) have given him a different motive for doing so and can basically be divided into the following groups

- For Material Gain/ Power and Glory
- To Unite the Arabs or to morally reform them
- Epileptic Seizures or Self-Delusions

With Muhammad being perhaps the most well-documented man in human history, we can easily examine these claims and compare them to his life.

Firstly, the claim that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) wrote the Qur’an is not new. His own people made this claim. In response, to this claim, God revealed the following:

Say: "It is not for me to change it on my own accord; I only follow that which is revealed unto me. Verily, I fear if I were to disobey my Lord, the torment of the Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)." Say: "If Allah had so willed, I should not have recited it to you nor would He have made it known to you. Verily, I have stayed amongst you a lifetime before this. Have you then no sense?" [Qur’an 10:15-16]

This verse is telling his critics to reflect on the fact that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) lived amongst them from forty (40) years before reciting the Qur’an to them while never showing any signs of inclination to poetry and themselves knowing that he was illiterate.

If he could not read or write, then where did these magnificent verses come from?
Also reflect on the fact that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is commanded in the verses above to “Say” twice. This is a command to make a certain statement to the people. One can find this command “Say” 332 times throughout the Qur’an. In other places in the Qur’an he is ordered to “proclaim”, “Glorify Your Lord”, “Prostrate Yourself” etc. So we ask is this how a man talks to himself or writes a book?

Also one must consider the fact that even before his Prophethood Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was known amongst his people as “Al-Amin”, the trustworthy and the truthful. No one ever recorded a lie against him.
Many Western historians agree with this analysis:

"If a man like Muhammad were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness." -
George Bernard Shaw

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level." -- Michael H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY , New York: Hart Publishing Company, Inc ., 1978, p. 33

"Muhammad was the soul of kindness, and his influence was felt and never forgotten by those around him." - Diwan Chand Sharma, The Prophets of the East , Calcutta 1935, p. l 22.

"He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports." -- Bosworth Smith , Mohammad and Mohammadanism , London, 1874, p. 92.

"Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?" - Lamartine, HISTOIRE DE LA TURQUIE, Paris, 1854, Vol. II, pp. 276 -277

"It is impossible for anyone who studies the life and character of the great Prophet of Arabia, who knows how he taught and how he lived, to feel anything but reverence for that mighty Prophet, one of the great messengers of the Supreme. And although in what I put to you I shall say many things which may be familiar to many, yet I myself feel whenever I re-read them, a new way of admiration, a new sense of reverence for that mighty Arabian teacher." -
Annie Besant, THE LIFE AND TEACHINGS OF MUHAMMAD, Madras,1932, p. 4.

"His readiness to undergo persecutions for his beliefs, the high moral character of the men who believed in him and looked up to him as leader, and the greatness of his ultimate achievement - all argue his fundamental integrity. To suppose Muhammad an impostor raises more problems than it solves. Moreover, none of the great figures of history is so poorly appreciated in the West as Muhammad." - W. Montgomery Watt, MOHAMMAD AT MECCA, Oxford, 1953, p. 52.

So, we ask the reader to reflect on the following:
Is it logical to believe that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) who, until the age of forty and, as we mentioned earlier, was known to his people as al-Amin (The Trustworthy) and who is still admired even by Western scholars for his honesty and integrity, all of a sudden began to write a book that is unmatched in literary merit and that has not be matched by legions of the Arab poets and orators of the highest caliber throughout history?

Is it reasonable to say that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him), made a false claim and on that very falsehood trained thousands of individuals of outstanding character, integrity, and honesty who were able to establish the best human society that the world has ever known?

Source https://www.muslimhowto.com/2020/04/who-wrote-quran.html
Mohmmaed's followers. They gathered all they could after his sudden death. That is why some parts are not complete
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by fortran12: 11:11am On Jun 26, 2020
Austeeenxx:
It was written by Prophet Muhammadu Buhari (SAW); Allah's one true prophet.
There was no complete Qur'an during his life time.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by fortran12: 11:13am On Jun 26, 2020
Dreyton36:
The Qur'an wasn't written by no man or spirit
It was written by Almighty Allah himself and sent down to prophet Muhammed (S.A.W)
And its riddled with errors like that?

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Kingzeez10: 11:18am On Jun 26, 2020
lilianofentse:
Deceit, terrorism, factionism, hate, hypocrisy. All in one religion
Stop wailing more than the bereaved,they didn't complain to you.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by womenareapes: 11:21am On Jun 26, 2020
MuslimHowto:
Those who claim that the Qur’an was written by Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) have given him a different motive for doing so and can basically be divided into the following groups

- For Material Gain/ Power and Glory
- To Unite the Arabs or to morally reform them
- Epileptic Seizures or Self-Delusions

With Muhammad being perhaps the most well-documented man in human history, we can easily examine these claims and compare them to his life.

Firstly, the claim that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) wrote the Qur’an is not new. His own people made this claim. In response, to this claim, God revealed the following:

Say: "It is not for me to change it on my own accord; I only follow that which is revealed unto me. Verily, I fear if I were to disobey my Lord, the torment of the Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)." Say: "If Allah had so willed, I should not have recited it to you nor would He have made it known to you. Verily, I have stayed amongst you a lifetime before this. Have you then no sense?" [Qur’an 10:15-16]

This verse is telling his critics to reflect on the fact that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) lived amongst them from forty (40) years before reciting the Qur’an to them while never showing any signs of inclination to poetry and themselves knowing that he was illiterate.

If he could not read or write, then where did these magnificent verses come from?
Also reflect on the fact that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is commanded in the verses above to “Say” twice. This is a command to make a certain statement to the people. One can find this command “Say” 332 times throughout the Qur’an. In other places in the Qur’an he is ordered to “proclaim”, “Glorify Your Lord”, “Prostrate Yourself” etc. So we ask is this how a man talks to himself or writes a book?

Also one must consider the fact that even before his Prophethood Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was known amongst his people as “Al-Amin”, the trustworthy and the truthful. No one ever recorded a lie against him.
Many Western historians agree with this analysis:

"If a man like Muhammad were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness." -
George Bernard Shaw

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level." -- Michael H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY , New York: Hart Publishing Company, Inc ., 1978, p. 33

"Muhammad was the soul of kindness, and his influence was felt and never forgotten by those around him." - Diwan Chand Sharma, The Prophets of the East , Calcutta 1935, p. l 22.

"He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports." -- Bosworth Smith , Mohammad and Mohammadanism , London, 1874, p. 92.

"Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?" - Lamartine, HISTOIRE DE LA TURQUIE, Paris, 1854, Vol. II, pp. 276 -277

"It is impossible for anyone who studies the life and character of the great Prophet of Arabia, who knows how he taught and how he lived, to feel anything but reverence for that mighty Prophet, one of the great messengers of the Supreme. And although in what I put to you I shall say many things which may be familiar to many, yet I myself feel whenever I re-read them, a new way of admiration, a new sense of reverence for that mighty Arabian teacher." -
Annie Besant, THE LIFE AND TEACHINGS OF MUHAMMAD, Madras,1932, p. 4.

"His readiness to undergo persecutions for his beliefs, the high moral character of the men who believed in him and looked up to him as leader, and the greatness of his ultimate achievement - all argue his fundamental integrity. To suppose Muhammad an impostor raises more problems than it solves. Moreover, none of the great figures of history is so poorly appreciated in the West as Muhammad." - W. Montgomery Watt, MOHAMMAD AT MECCA, Oxford, 1953, p. 52.

So, we ask the reader to reflect on the following:
Is it logical to believe that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) who, until the age of forty and, as we mentioned earlier, was known to his people as al-Amin (The Trustworthy) and who is still admired even by Western scholars for his honesty and integrity, all of a sudden began to write a book that is unmatched in literary merit and that has not be matched by legions of the Arab poets and orators of the highest caliber throughout history?

Is it reasonable to say that Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him), made a false claim and on that very falsehood trained thousands of individuals of outstanding character, integrity, and honesty who were able to establish the best human society that the world has ever known?

Source https://www.muslimhowto.com/2020/04/who-wrote-quran.html
the Quran was inspired by demons. through a single demons altering the Bible with many false ideology.

in other for this to be done, the demon need a vessel, hence Muhammad comes in play. the demon take Muhammad to a cave and started telling him the rubbish to write. hence to this days rubbish is still going on.

3 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by lilianofentse(f): 11:25am On Jun 26, 2020
Kingzeez10:

Stop wailing more than the bereaved,they didn't complain to you.
stfu u slave. Slave 2 your god

2 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by JIBO4REAL(m): 11:25am On Jun 26, 2020
sakaguchi:

Oh, ok. So the compilation and writing was after Muhammed PBUH? No wonder alot of fantasy and false claim was inserted. The Qur'an should be called the Caliph Umar version. He doctored it.

Sakaguchi Please can you point out the fantasy and false claim inserted so that I can learn
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by womenareapes: 11:28am On Jun 26, 2020
LordReed:
There's always this sleight of hand attempted when talking about the origins of the Quran. It is made to seem like the book was delivered fully written by an angel, when in actual fact it was delivered orally by Mohammed and then subsequently written down. There is nothing spectacular about this process as this was the method many of those times used in producing books.
you are kind of right! but in this case a demon called gen was talking orally to Muhammad in a cave.

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by lilianofentse(f): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2020
fasty:
It's so disheartening to see people are unlearned.

The best of mankind seeks knowledge.

Ask yourselves if your claims are based on hearsay and blasphemy, or you are well informed with fact before you start smearing Islam as well as misleading other people.

Don't be surprised that a lot of Muslims research on Christianity and other secular religions. But, can you confidently say if other religion devoters have also put such efforts to understand the Islamic doctrines.

Islam means peace. And the fascinating part of it is that there is no ambiguity of any forms in it as a religion of the Almighty - Believe in oneness of God and His messengers, pray to Him as the creator of heaven and earth; gives arms to the poor; and go to pilgrimage if you're opportune.
stfu. Peace where. Who are Isis, isil, bokoharam killing in your country. Foh

2 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by TheSourcerer: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2020
kevoh:

Lol...This dependence for 'virtual approval by virtual stranger' is becoming unhealthy. I have seen an instance on reddit where someone posted a picture and claimed to be the one in the picture pouring away his late wife's ashes into a river/stream just to gather sympathy and reddit upvotes/karmas (our equivalent of likes). Only for the real owner i.e the true person in the picture to come out later. Turns out the impostor knew him. How low can one get?
embarrassing too , how low can one get , I'm sure he knew his friend was a Redditor too , so why ? Lol people can be act like people sometimes. wink
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by TheSourcerer: 11:31am On Jun 26, 2020
lilianofentse:
stfu. Peace where. Who are Isis, isil, bokoharam killing in your country. Foh
seconded @ him stfu

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by JIBO4REAL(m): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2020
womenareapes:
the Quran was inspired by demons. through a single demons altering the Bible with many false ideology.

in other for this to be done, the demon need a vessel, hence Muhammad comes in play. the demon take Muhammad to a cave and started telling him the rubbish to write. hence to this days rubbish is still going on.
Mr man ignorance will not kill you

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by smallrincowis16(m): 11:32am On Jun 26, 2020
fasty:
It's so disheartening to see people are unlearned.

The best of mankind seeks knowledge.

Ask yourselves if your claims are based on hearsay and blasphemy, or you are well informed with fact before you start smearing Islam as well as misleading other people.

Don't be surprised that a lot of Muslims research on Christianity and other secular religions. But, can you confidently say if other religion devoters have also put such efforts to understand the Islamic doctrines.

Islam means peace. And the fascinating part of it is that there is no ambiguity of any forms in it as a religion of the Almighty - Believe in oneness of God and His messengers, pray to Him as the creator of heaven and earth; gives arms to the poor; and go to pilgrimage if you're opportune.

several non Muslims have done that, and found nothing beside a true religion which is islam

2 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by TheSourcerer: 11:32am On Jun 26, 2020
JIBO4REAL:

ignorance is bliss. And well comfortable. ♥️
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by womenareapes: 11:38am On Jun 26, 2020
JIBO4REAL:

yes ohh! knowledge is profitable for those whom she direct.

give your life to Christ Jesus bro!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Origin(f): 11:38am On Jun 26, 2020
That is why it is repeatedly said " this Quran is for a people that have sense and can think"

The Quran was revealed over a period of 23 years. It was memorised and written down during the times of the prophet on several different materials (in bits and pieces). But when the prophet died, Umar compiled it into book form and many vouched that it's compilation was complete.

You can get information on when and where each verse was revealed. It's readily available. Just free your mind and let wealth enter.

Did you know that Arabic is probably the only language presently spoken that closely resembles the language spoken by Jesus? Jesus (may the peace of God be with him) spoke Aramaic. So you should learn Arabic. grin

And don't forget discrimination includes bullying and ridiculing people based on their beliefs. Stop spreading false information and malicious contents.

Seek the truth and it shall set you free. Practically all information source is now online, just seek the truth.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Types Of Conditions In The Marriage Contract / Islam's View On Couple's Dancing At Weddings / Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.