Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,074 members, 7,821,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (60619 Views)

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Toluwashe778: 10:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
SpecialAgent:
undecided

Why don't you just store them inside fridge, it could even go a month without spoiling

Sorry, wrong advise
U don't freeze eggs
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by phemmyfour: 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
Ask4bigneyo:

FIFO or LIFO?
First in first out

Last in,first out isn't applicable here
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by EMDIEY: 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:
Mod, please help me move this to front page

I bought this crate of eggs not less than 2 weeks ago and after 5days the eggs started to change and on the 9th day this is the nature of the eggs. Am totally confused but my friend is suggesting that it could be because I covered it, and yesterday I saw the woman that sold to me and complained to her but she was surprised saying the remainder of the eggs is still here and nothing has happened to them.

Please I need answers because I bought a crate to save money.
What you have done to those eggs is called incubation, and can help devel9p them to chicks if well controlled
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by phemmyfour: 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
Toluwashe778:

Sorry, wrong advise
U don't freeze eggs
fridge dont freeze egg. It keeps it fresh
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by ifeanyi4u: 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
Either one egg spoiled and the water poured on others or that water touch the eggs.
Bear it in mind that any egg water touched doesn't last long, it might last for a 5 days after which it will develop some rotten smells inside the egg.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Todaynews2020: 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
You don't put water on eggs if you're not make use of it in the nearest days.
Secondly you covered it in a bucket with moisture
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by spiralwedge(m): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
Which village are you from? Never seen a mumu Like you for about 10 years now.

OMG!

Apart from the eggs covered with intense heat, you are keeping eggs for the 3rd week.. what?! Are you kidding me?

Believe me, it must have spent nothing less than a week where you bought it from.

Unless, you are buying from a poultry, only buy eggs you would eat within 5 days.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Afrikween(f): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
the Hen that laid them had STD
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by ifeanyi4u: 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
Rayd502:
That's no way to store eggs...You have to allow them breath or you store in a refrigerator.
The advice is wrong you don't store eggs in a refrigerator or in a place where water can touch it.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Opiro2019: 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
There has been a cracked/broken egg among them, and you still stored them together n covered again... eggs should be stored in egg crates n remove broken ones immediately.....
Proudly omo iya eleyin
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Hahjascho(m): 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
This is probably due bacteria contaminations, maybe some species of Salmonella or Pseudomonas.

Tight covering of the eggs created damp temp. environment which made the contaminating organisms thrive.

Do some thorough cleaning and spread them out in a well ventilated area... don't forget to isolate the spoilt ones.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Heffalump(m): 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
OP, please ask Hushpoppi
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2020
Ask4bigneyo:

FIFO or LIFO?
FIFO
first in, first out,

First item bought, first to consume,

This is one of the core and vital Managerial function
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by helpfindbolu: 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Rayd502(m): 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
ifeanyi4u:

The advice is wrong you don't store eggs in a refrigerator or in a place where water can touch it.

Egg racks are made in the refrigerator for no other purpose but to store eggs!

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by ThatFairGuy: 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:
Aside Helinues, so you all on first page do not know that's not proper way of storing egg. smh.
OP, you don't store egg in anything sealed, even tied polythene. get a flat bowl if you couldn't get crate and keep where there's ventilation
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
Toluwashe778:

Sorry, wrong advise
U don't freeze eggs

Well, I store mine in a fridge, it doesn't freeze, You know, that part way them keep vegetables. na the place I keep my one create. I chop one boiled egg every day till it finishes. Then buy new crate again. It's always fresh. Slides down the container when I put in water about to boil
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Tapout(m): 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:

I bought this crate of eggs not less than 2 weeks ago and after 5days the eggs started to change and on the 9th day this is the nature of the eggs. Am totally confused but my friend is suggesting that it could be because I covered it, and yesterday I saw the woman that sold to me and complained to her but she was surprised saying the remainder of the eggs is still here and nothing has happened to them.

no offence, but via common sense u should know u don't put eggs inside a bucket and close it. All your years of growing up, how many times did u see ur mum doing such?? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Starhearts: 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
I no think say u get fridge 4 house
I swear down u be munmun ooo
Wetin dey sweet ur belle
Anyway wetin concern me with wetin wey no concern me
Oponu ayirada
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
Na dinosaur u dey breed like this oh grin grin grin grin

It's either u leave it open or put it in a refrigerator

The image below works for me

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by 2shure: 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
Its simple. You were scammed. But why you go cover eggs. Abi na boiled eggs
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by DavSagacity(m): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
u caused it. u be mumu. You ought not to store eggs in closed container when its not your garri , beans or rice.
Eggs should be store at room temperature on CRATES.
YOUR MUMURITY SPOILT THE EGGS.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by PaulH07: 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:
Poor storage condition.

Eggs are best stored in ventilated places like crates, trays etc, not in covered buckets. grin
Why dont you store it in fridge ?

Is refrigeration not also a form of covering?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by ophatlewis(m): 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Heat
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by caniva(m): 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
Shiiiior!

Cause ko....cosmetic ni
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Reference(m): 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
EMDIEY:

What you have done to those eggs is called incubation, and can help devel9p them to chicks if well controlled

Commercial layers produce sterile eggs. They will not hatch.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Fairbanks(m): 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:

Mtcheeww!!! go and get urself covered up on a can for 2 weeks without breez and see if u will get rotten or not. olodo!
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:

Eggs have to breathe, dumbass. And they're even better refrigerated than aired-out.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Fairbanks(m): 10:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:

Mtcheeww!!! go and get urself covered up in a can for 2 weeks without breez and see if u will get rotten or not. olodo!
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nicklausmichael: 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
ataking Enterprise*�️
_It's no more a news that covid-19 is real��!!so stay safe by staying home �! and enjoy our quarantine promo!_��
*MTN QUARATINE PROMO*
� *1gb = ₦350*
� *2gb = ₦700*
� *3gb = ₦1050*
� *4gb = ₦1400*
� *5gb = ₦1750*
*Validity :1 month*
*_NB: Dataking also available_*
Swipe up�:
https:///2348094092366
*© strictly instant payment*
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
PaulH07:

Is refrigeration not also a form of covering?

They are exposed to fresh air to keep the temperature down. Refrigerator does a better job of it obviously
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
Beremx:
The eggs are sweating na. grin

Better fry or boil them to avoid loss

You wan give am Covid 900?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Reveals What She Saw Inside A #50 Egg Roll She Bought (photos) / Boy Almost Passes Out After trying To Eat 25k Naira Suya (vid) / Rice And Chicken Birthday 'Cake' Nigerian Parents Used To Celebrate Their Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.