Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (60600 Views)

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by ForeThinker: 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
undecided
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by ojun50(m): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
Op, this is how we know people dat don't know how to cook.

You don't cover uncooked egg

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by remele2(f): 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
Dnt keep ur egg where u have less ventilation.... If u dnt know where to keep it.. Keep it in the fridge Open.

Las las... No keep egg for kitchen.. Bcus as u dey cook, the heat for ur kitchen dey boil the egg small small.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Mexeno19(m): 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
ohk
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Cowbell521: 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:
Mod, please help me move this to front page

I bought this crate of eggs not less than 2 weeks ago and after 5days the eggs started to change and on the 9th day this is the nature of the eggs. Am totally confused but my friend is suggesting that it could be because I covered it, and yesterday I saw the woman that sold to me and complained to her but she was surprised saying the remainder of the eggs is still here and nothing has happened to them.

Please I need answers because I bought a crate to save money.
Get a crate
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
MAybe over heat
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by mumumugu(m): 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
egg has covif 19
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by vasco01(m): 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
Is APC and Corona that cause it

Don't ask me why
Ask yourself
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nkiruka35(f): 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
You shouldn't have covered it.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by purplekayc(m): 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
The smell eh?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by chukwuibuipob: 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
sad dnt u knw dat eggs Dey expire
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by tonididdy(m): 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:

I bought this crate of eggs not less than 2 weeks ago and after 5days the eggs started to change and on the 9th day this is the nature of the eggs. Am totally confused but my friend is suggesting that it could be because I covered it, and yesterday I saw the woman that sold to me and complained to her but she was surprised saying the remainder of the eggs is still here and nothing has happened to them.

Don't you have a fridge or a crate? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by DrNueLpureHoney: 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
Here to learn
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by flokii: 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
@Op the way you stored the egg is wrong, get a crate next time and leave the egg in an open space

Anything could have caused it.. probably one of the eggs at the bottom cracked and affected the others. Just get a crate and store your eggs properly next time.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by DisLifeSha: 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
Name China Egg
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nkiruka35(f): 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
You shouldn't have cover d eggs

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
Heat..... Gwa bye
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Enyimbamercedes: 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2020
Drop each egg in a bowl of water.
If it sinks, and lays flat on its side, they are very fresh. If they stand on one end at the bottom...they are still good. I bet most of your eggs will float which means they are bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by abdullahi45: 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2020
helinues:

You put the eggs inside the bucket and covered it?

Are you incubating the eggs?

I was gonna ask the same question. Do you keep eggs without fresh air...

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Danelo(m): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2020
Mama wan hatch chicks
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by blesoh(f): 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
Please you don't cover eggs, you leave it open
Sometimes I keep eggs for more than two weeks
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by vbgtht: 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
101% LEGIT BUSINESS YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR PHONE AND FROM HOME

How you can easily be making atleast ₦21,000 weekly legitimately.
All payments goes directly into your local bank account.
For more details, check my signature.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by KingAzubuike(f): 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:

Did you ever put in in your fridge and bring it out?

Eggs sweat and if it's too much they begin to rot.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Op set your refrigerator to 4 degrees Celsius

Put your eggs into refrigerator.

This is only way u can keep your eggs fresh!

Eggs too are perishable food items, so consume as quick as possible, while doing that apply FIFO.

Never put your eggs in a bucket whether covered (as in your case) or uncovered,
Put them in crates designed for them.

The saying putting all eggs in basket not bucket, because they know basket has holes in them to allow the eggs breathe

FIFO or LIFO?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Vivuch: 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2020
Why will you put eggs inside an air tight container, eggs are stored Inside fridge or ventilated environment

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Chris2863(m): 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2020
Oga, the mistake is from you..... My mum deals on egg. You don't cover egg, OK. Do yourself a favour by buying a crate or store in a well ventilated surface
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Toxay(m): 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2020
Who the hell covers eggs?!!!!!! Always let your eggs be exposed to air
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2020
undecided

Why don't you just store them inside fridge, it could even go a month without spoiling
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Damseldammie(f): 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2020
Too much heat
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Patoski7(m): 10:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
the egg na chinko product
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Toluwashe778: 10:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:

It is wrong to keep egg in an airtight container like this.
Why do u think eggs are kept in crates?
Egg have pin holes where they respite (u can make it research)
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by phemmyfour: 10:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:

no ventilation .....they can't breathe

Eggs live matters

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Reveals What She Saw Inside A #50 Egg Roll She Bought (photos) / Boy Almost Passes Out After trying To Eat 25k Naira Suya (vid) / Rice And Chicken Birthday 'Cake' Nigerian Parents Used To Celebrate Their Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.