Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,905 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (60604 Views)

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by etrange: 2:16am On Jun 26, 2020
They are sweating...
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by ikorodureporta: 2:19am On Jun 26, 2020
First lesson learned after leaving yr mother's house cheesy
you get luck, d eggs for just hatch for yr house... prly bcuz no fertilization took place... cheesy

I've stopped buying crates of eggs, after realizing that I always lose 3 or 4 from it. If u're eating 3 daily, it will last 10 days, & won't be fresh that long....so, I just buy like N200 quantity
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Opeakins(m): 2:39am On Jun 26, 2020
Egg Dey sweat
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by ceaser: 2:49am On Jun 26, 2020
meum:
U suffocate the eggs na. grin
The egg(s) be like "I can't breath" grin

"All Eggs Matter" grin
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Osanoghodua1: 5:00am On Jun 26, 2020
Eggs should be stored in crates and in a well ventilated place. What you just don is to kill the life in the egg. Eggs breath too. Throw them away and get crates.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Onare66(m): 5:23am On Jun 26, 2020
u be mumu, u covered it and nw say it's got spoilt nonsense
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Thegamingorca(m): 6:10am On Jun 26, 2020
Op was dumb as a bag of sand for destroying these eggs.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by melaninpop: 6:39am On Jun 26, 2020
helinues:

You put the eggs inside the bucket and covered it?

Are you incubating the eggs?

Lol.. He wan hatch them cheesy
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by EMDIEY: 6:42am On Jun 26, 2020
Reference:

Commercial layers produce sterile eggs. They will not hatch.
Yes, thanks i'm aware of that, may be should have added a sarcastic smiley to my statement. I know they can't produce any chick.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Bevima: 7:00am On Jun 26, 2020
Osmotouch:
Mod, please help me move this to front page

I bought this crate of eggs not less than 2 weeks ago and after 5days the eggs started to change and on the 9th day this is the nature of the eggs. Am totally confused but my friend is suggesting that it could be because I covered it, and yesterday I saw the woman that sold to me and complained to her but she was surprised saying the remainder of the eggs is still here and nothing has happened to them.

Please I need answers because I bought a crate to save money.
Have u ever bought eggs before and store like this for a week? That is the answer to your question.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by HRMK: 7:20am On Jun 26, 2020
I DONT BUY IN CRATES!I BUY MY IMMEDIATE NEEDS TO AVOID SAME U NOW GO THROUGH!!
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Paiebi(m): 7:34am On Jun 26, 2020
Heat i presume
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Monday60655(m): 7:47am On Jun 26, 2020
You can see the moisture dropping as a result of excessive heat. No ventilation to keep the eggs in good condition.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by saxoholic1(m): 7:54am On Jun 26, 2020
U covered the eggs...
Eggs shouldn't be covered .....u learnt in a hard way
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by OBTOREPA(m): 7:59am On Jun 26, 2020
Covid-19
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by asahnwaKC: 8:10am On Jun 26, 2020
It's best you parforait the bucket... undecided

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by airminem(f): 8:11am On Jun 26, 2020
Osmotouch:

I bought this crate of eggs not less than 2 weeks ago and after 5days the eggs started to change and on the 9th day this is the nature of the eggs. Am totally confused but my friend is suggesting that it could be because I covered it, and yesterday I saw the woman that sold to me and complained to her but she was surprised saying the remainder of the eggs is still here and nothing has happened to them.

You are in SHOCK eggs need air to breathe right? What if the egg erupted? You didnt dare go near the eggheads wink
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 26, 2020
Unknown to many in Nigeria, eggs have an expiry date. And should be dated but expect not to find this anywhere in Nigeria.

Once an egg is pretty old, they are dangerous to consume and the yoke changes colour.

Plus they are meant to be stored in the fridge. The heat has already destroyed them

I'd suggest you get rid of them
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by redsun(m): 8:28am On Jun 26, 2020
Too much hazardous chemical in rearing the chickens can counter react, especially when you don't have regular electricity to keep them well preserved in the fridge.

Nigerian grown food products/livestock at the moment are lethal poisons because there are no set regulations that checks what goes in them.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Risentouch(m): 8:29am On Jun 26, 2020
0taPiaPia:
Na dinosaur u dey breed like this oh grin grin grin grin

It's either u leave it open or put it in a refrigerator

The image below works for me

I guess you normally buy in crate, so tell me how long do you store so it doesn't spoil or get expired
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by ArcGibson(m): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2020
You don't have to be a science student to know that eggs breathe.
And one rotten egg could spoil others in the same place.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by tunary(m): 9:09am On Jun 26, 2020
[quote author=Beremx post=91054836]The eggs are sweating na. grin

Better fry or boil them to avoid loss [/quote so if they fry//boil it for you, you will eat it
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Pious101: 9:17am On Jun 26, 2020
ifeanyi4u:

The advice is wrong you don't store eggs in a refrigerator or in a place where water can touch it.
I have been doing this and they can even stay for two months.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by OdenKelechi(m): 9:19am On Jun 26, 2020
Lavisha:
They're about to hatch!

grin grin grin grin ;Dweyrey
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by jojothaiv(m): 9:19am On Jun 26, 2020
Freestainworld:
exactly what I was thinking, he may have been a scientist.
SCIENTIST, bawo...
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by oluxy(m): 9:24am On Jun 26, 2020
Osmotouch:

Heat....

U didnt expose it to air.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by folasadeolasupo: 9:28am On Jun 26, 2020
If you cover egg for some days it get spoiled egg need a ventilation area to make it last for weeks
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Amberon: 9:43am On Jun 26, 2020
You're still asking wether or not to consume something you confirmed is rotten. Smh....

I don't understand how someone could be so nonchalant about their health just cuz of a few bucks.
Osmotouch:

Please now the egg is in this condition is it still healthy to be eaten?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by iPresh4s(m): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2020
No air, they can't breathe
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 26, 2020
Bad storage. Chikina. You don't store eggs in a covered container.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 26, 2020
f you open that bucket inside your house ehn, the type of foul smell that would come out will scare u.

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by kitskoo: 10:32am On Jun 26, 2020
Eggs can last for 6 months if preserved properly. Always keep your eggs in the fridge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Reveals What She Saw Inside A #50 Egg Roll She Bought (photos) / Boy Almost Passes Out After trying To Eat 25k Naira Suya (vid) / Rice And Chicken Birthday 'Cake' Nigerian Parents Used To Celebrate Their Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.