Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) (1465 Views)

Burna Boy: I Am Not Worth $3.5 Million, That Won’t Even Buy My Cars / 26 Year-old Teacher Becomes Millionaire After Winning Betway’s AFCON Jackpot / Davido Celebrates As Chioma Becomes Multi-millionaire After Endorsement Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by boman2014: 1:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
A Tanzanian miner and father-of-30 children
has become an overnight millionaire after
digging up two massive chunks of one of the
world's rarest gemstones worth $3.35million.

The Tanzanian government handed Saniniu
Laizer a cheque for 7.74 billion Tanzanian
shillings ($3.35million) for the two dark violet-
blue stones during a trading event in the
northern region of Manyara on Wednesday,
June 24.

He discovered the rarest gemstones
which weighed 9.2kg and 5.8kg in the north
of the country last week.

The father of 30 children who has four wives
vowed to use some of the money to build a
school and a shopping mall in his community,
where many parents can't afford to pay for
their children's education.

President John Magufuli phoned to
congratulate Laizer live on television during
the presentation of his cheque.

'This is a confirmation that Tanzania is rich,'
Magufuli told minerals minister Doto Biteko.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8458519/Tanzanian-miner-overnight-millionaire-digging-huge-gemstones-worth-2-4million.html

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by squash47(m): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
what did he use to dig this stone out ?..

My uncle has been digging both well and borehole since 1993, he never dig anything so precious come out .

Anyway, I am happy for the man. The government of his country are very faithful.
if na some Country, they will announce that they will give him d cheque..

But he will never see d money.

even if d president approves d money, some wicked people will steal it.

5 Likes

Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by OdefaGirl(f): 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
Billionaire you mean?

1 Like

Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by Rico96(m): 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
I hear......thats movie
Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by Nbote(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
Choiiii!!!!!! See as God take pick dis man call eh... He's a Tanzanian Billionaire o
Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by ExAngel007(f): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2020
Nbote:
Choiiii!!!!!! See as God take pick dis man call eh... He's a Tanzanian Billionaire oo

I tell you
Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by chii8(f): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
Automatic change of level....chaiii, within a twinkle of the eye, God changed this man's story.
Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by wittyt98(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
wow. what a lucky man.

in this life if you're destined to be rich, a thing or two will definitely lead to your breakthrough when the time is right.

Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2020
wittyt98:
wow. what a lucky man.

in this life if you're destined to be rich, a thing or two will definitely lead to your breakthrough when the time is right.
so some are destined to be poor?
Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by SavageMaster: 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2020
seanwilliam:

Ecclesiastes 9:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
SavageMaster:

Ecclesiastes 9:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
itumo?
Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by Elimon(m): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Op..give us details of the stone and its value.. you know how many stones dey my village river..them plenty
Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by wittyt98(m): 6:37am On Jun 26, 2020
seanwilliam:
Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by ClassicMan202(m): 9:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
OdefaGirl:
Billionaire you mean?

Millionaire in dollars.... Billionaire in shillings

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Miner Becomes Millionaire After Digging Up Huge Gemstones Worth $3.35 M (photos) by yuswrld20(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
30 children?wtf

(1) (Reply)

Regina Daniel's Husband Ned Nwoko Has Allegedly Engaged His 7th Wife (photos) / Bbnaija’s Tacha Finally Reconcile With Ex-boyfriend / E Money Buys Trailer Full Of Ram & Cow To Celebrate New Year In Uli (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.