Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Is God Really Needed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Really Needed? (1417 Views)

Does God Really Send People To Hell? / Chiristians - Does God Really Forgive This Kind Of "Repentant" Sinners? / Is God Really Omniscient?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Really Needed? by cihofo: 9:40pm On Jun 25, 2020
What gap does God fill that highlights his presence?

Happiness?
There' millions of people who don't believe in a god but are happy

Love?
There are millions who feel love without any god

Purpose?
There are millions that have found purpose in their life in the absence of any god

What gap does God fill?

And if he doesn't fill any, then how is he needed

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=171605361080046&id=112348863672363

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Kobojunkie: 4:32am On Jun 26, 2020
cihofo:
Happiness?
Love?
Purpose?
There are millions that have found purpose in their life in the absence of any god
What gap does God fill?
You obviously don't need him in your life, right? Why do you care if someone else does? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Primesky(m): 7:55am On Jun 26, 2020
cihofo:

Happiness?

Love?

Purpose?

What gap does God fill?

Is life needed?. Do you want to live?.

If life is needed and you want to live, and God alone can give life, then God is the number one priority. If He takes away life,how can anybody achieve the things you listed above?.

God is too merciful, otherwise this kind of question will never arise.

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Needed? by cihofo: 8:08am On Jun 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You obviously don't need him in your life, right? Why do you care if someone else does? undecided

Why do you care about children not getting education?

2 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by cihofo: 8:12am On Jun 26, 2020
Primesky:

If life is needed and you want to live, and God alone can give life, then God is the number one priority. If He takes away life,how can anybody achieve the things you listed above?.

How are you in the position to know that life comes from a supernatural force and not through natural occurrences?
Do you have access to some specialized knowledge that a man doesn't?

6 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Primesky(m): 8:28am On Jun 26, 2020
cihofo:

How are you in the position to know that life comes from a supernatural force and not through natural occurrences?

God said so, and I believe Him. He has given evidences and proofs which I believe to be true,if you don't believe them, it your decision.

The Onus is on you to prove Him wrong. The moment you can by natural occurrences stop death from happening to living things and you can replicate it, then I may have a change of believe

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Needed? by cihofo: 10:38am On Jun 26, 2020
Primesky:

God said so, and I believe Him. He has given evidences and proofs which I believe to be true,if you don't believe them, it your decision.

The Onus is on you to prove Him wrong. The moment you can by natural occurrences stop death from happening to living things and you can replicate it, then I may have a change of believe

What makes you so special then...
Why would only you be in communication with supernatural forces while others aren't?

5 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by triplechoice(m): 11:16am On Jun 26, 2020
cihofo:

Happiness?

Love?

Purpose?

What gap does God fill?

I am no longer affiliated to any religious group or concern with what they believe in. But I know from past experience and those of others too, that the believe in a God or gods certainly fills certain need in the life of true believers or deeply religious people.

Your level of involvement and the value placed in an activity, is what can actually bring happiness or love and not the activity itself .

So it doesn't matter whether God exist or not . What matters is what you're doing while believing in a God or gods. This can result in fulfilment for the religious person.

Is it possible to engage in religious activities or practices without believing in a God or something?

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Needed? by frank317: 11:38am On Jun 26, 2020
Primesky:

How can u say life comes from God when people are dying left right center.
This is exactly why the op is asking the need for God. If God is the giver of life why are people of all ages dying? Is he the one taking the life of all these people?

10 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by orunto27: 11:46am On Jun 26, 2020
GOD IS GUIDANCE SO WE NEED GUIDANCE.
Re: Is God Really Needed? by Minsk24: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
Primesky:

Stfu... If god is giver and taker of life, then why don't you blame hin for the evils and deaths in the world..
See your mouth like god is giver and taker of life..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Minsk24: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
frank317:

This is exactly why the op is asking the need for God. If God is the giver of life why are people of all ages dying? Is he the one taking the life of all these people?

No mind these religious folks way dy reason from anus

2 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
cihofo:

Why do you care about children not getting education?

what children ?
Re: Is God Really Needed? by Daejoyoung: 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
cihofo:

What do you mean by supernatural. In my opinion there is no supernatural, there is only the mysterious.
Re: Is God Really Needed? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
cihofo:
PEACE amongst his worshipers! Malachi 4:1-3 smiley

Happiness?
If you are truly happy people living around you supposed to feel the happiness in you, that's why we talk with others to bring happiness into their lives. smiley

Love?
Nobody feels love when there is nowhere to share it, and if we try to share it there shouldn't be any need to fear your neighbour to the extent of building hall walls, iron gates and burglaries! embarassed

Purpose?
There is no purpose if we just have to die after all the beautiful things we see, feel, taste and enjoy in life!

What gap does God fill?
His true worshipers knows the gap he fills as they can travel anywhere on this planet and feel at home in the midst of their fellow believers who treats them as blood relations simply because they're worshipers of the same God! smiley
Re: Is God Really Needed? by LordReed(m): 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Primesky:

I have never seen your god creating any life. All I see are people, animals and insects giving birth or multiplying in some way.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by cihofo: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
what children ?

Uneducated children in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
cihofo:

Uneducated children in Nigeria
well, obviously, so they can have a chance at a better life than the one those who birthed them.
Re: Is God Really Needed? by LordReed(m): 12:12am On Jun 27, 2020
No he's not but some people find it comforting to think that he is.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:02am On Jun 27, 2020
cihofo:

Who do you think is in charge of Nature?
Re: Is God Really Needed? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:17am On Jun 27, 2020
frank317:

Simple, People kill people!

You guys do not know how Angry God is with you all for not listening to him, at all.

He said, Do not eat the fruit. I know One Idiot among us must eat the fruit and like Reed and all the other Antichrists here, they will convince others to join them to eat the fruit.

Yet, You expect God not to be Angry! That one don pass.

He gave Laws, do these things and have a better world. Again, Reed and others said "do we not have sense? We shall make our own laws and take care of everything".

Now you have made your laws and Nothing works rather all is Destroyed!

Do you expect Him, Who you Never listened to, to come and fix the problems you created for yourself?

And do you think He shall not be greatly Angry that you did not listen to Him and you do not listen to Him and you have rather done all the things He Hates, and You expect That He shall intervene in the Calamities you brought on yourself?

You must be crazy to think that He Would Ever intervene in this Shitty World!

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 27, 2020
Primesky:

God said so or people told you God said so?
I am curious please explain i want to learn.

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:26am On Jun 27, 2020
Therevenger:

God said so or people told you God said so?
I am curious please explain i want to learn.

The point is God Said, we believe! People said that God said, we believe!

The Question you should have asked is how do we know and why do we believe.

But since you did not ask it, then we would not answer it.
Re: Is God Really Needed? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:29am On Jun 27, 2020
LordReed:
No he's not but some people find it comforting to think that he is.

We do not find it comforting, He is Mr Comfort and Enjoyment and Pleasure and Play and Fun and Happiness and Joy and Party and All the Good Things in this world! cheesy
Re: Is God Really Needed? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The point is God Said, we believe! People said that God said, we believe!

The Question you should have asked is how do we know and why do we believe.

But since you did not ask it, then we would not answer it.
How did God say it to you?

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:33am On Jun 27, 2020
LordReed:

I have never seen your god creating any life. All I see are people, animals and insects giving birth or multiplying in some way.

Ahan! After He Don Create, go Rest, you think say He be like you, wey dey work like headless chicken?

Did He not Clearly say People, animals and insects should be Replicated "After their own kind"?
Re: Is God Really Needed? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:35am On Jun 27, 2020
Therevenger:

How did God say it to you?

Was i not clear the first time?
Re: Is God Really Needed? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Was i not clear the first time?
You said God said and people said?
My question is how did God say it to you ?
Was it like a whisper or in a dream?
In clear terms, how did he pass the message across to you ?
People told you via conversation right ?
So how did God tell you?
Re: Is God Really Needed? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:46am On Jun 27, 2020
Therevenger:
You said God said and people said?
My question is how did God say it to you ?
Was it like a whisper or in a dream?
In clear terms, how did he pass the message across to you ?

Because I do not trust you and neither are your intentions for Knowing my answer, good, I will tell you what my Master Answered people like you, You have your eyes, you have your ears, you have the Bible and you have heard what others have said About hearing from God, do what seemeth good to thee!
Re: Is God Really Needed? by LordReed(m): 7:50am On Jun 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Ahan! After He Don Create, go Rest, you think say He be like you, wey dey work like headless chicken?

Did He not Clearly say People, animals and insects should be Replicated "After their own kind"?

What is the difference between this claim and that of a 419er? For all we know your god is probably the Hushpuppi of gods.

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Needed? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Because I do not trust you and neither are your intentions for Knowing my answer, good, I will tell you what my Master Answered people like you, You have your eyes, you have your ears, you have the Bible and you have heard what others have said About hearing from God, do what seemeth good to thee!
Hi bastard,what has trust have to do with your response?
You still have not answered my question.
How did God speak to you?
Through people I suppose(prophets or pastors).
I shall see.

3 Likes

Re: Is God Really Needed? by LordReed(m): 7:51am On Jun 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

We do not find it comforting, He is Mr Comfort and Enjoyment and Pleasure and Play and Fun and Happiness and Joy and Party and All the Good Things in this world! cheesy

Yeah thats why he said don't eat crayfish. LMFAO!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Associating Others With Allah SWT (shirk) / All The Accused 419 Banks' CEOs Are Christians / How On Earth Did Abraham Sacrifice Ishmael And Not Isaac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.