Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? (2396 Views)

Every Nigerian Abroad Seems To Be Dying Of Lonliness And Depression / Every Nigerian Abroad Should Read This! / How To Know When A Nigerian Abroad Visit Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Pascopele: 10:47am On Jun 28, 2020
The poster above me I am flabagastered
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by justwise(m): 11:08am On Jun 28, 2020
@Deltayankeeboiu

Your support for those scum of the earth will not be read here in travel section, yahoo yahoo boys/girls are nothing but bunch of soulless animals who deserves nothing but a painful death.

The harm they do to innocent people, destroy families and businesses, the damage they cause is unbearable, anybody giving excuses for them, supporting their heartless actions is as well an evil human being .

2 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
justwise:

They are all crooks, any other excuse?
You come up with that. Snake wan born goat.

1 Like

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
The sad thing is: scamming is stealing and it's not a productive activity. Working people are building wealth not only for themselves yet also for their countries and all the planet, for future generations. Crooks and Scammers damage the economy producing NOTHING, later their own kids have no better schools and possibilities to be a scientist, an engineer, teacher, etc. and all the country becomes corrupt and useless. Why do you think the wealthy countries have better living? Work, discipline, obeying the law, less scam, security and rights, all is tied together building wealth for all and a decent living.

1 Like

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad?

It's not only about the image. Fraudsters are destroying their own country and impose to Nigerian people false values destroying the economy and the future. The message is clear, look at me, stealing and cheating you can get stinky rich same as I am. Nigeria it is what it is because of people acting street smart instead of using the brain and capacity to build the real wealth studying and working.
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Pascopele: 11:00am On Jun 29, 2020
cry cry cry cry
SmartKitty:
How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad?

It's not only about the image. Fraudsters are destroying their own country and impose to Nigerian people false values destroying the economy and the future. The message is clear, look at me, stealing and cheating you can get stinky rich same as I am. Nigeria it is what it is because of people acting street smart instead of using the brain and capacity to build the real wealth studying and working.
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by ednut1(m): 11:03am On Jun 29, 2020
salford1:
I lived in the UK before moving to Canada. When I worked for one of the top 4 banks in the world out if their Birmingham office, every money laundering and fraud prevention yearly training program had examples of Nigerian scams (both yahoo boys and politicians). That was embarrassing for all Nigerians working in that bank too.
you also lived in Birmingham. Miss that city Edmonton, edgbaston, bordesly green them grin
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by ednut1(m): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2020
Indians, chinese, Russians are scamming too. Why are Nigerians being singled out. Racism i must say

1 Like

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Pascopele: 11:36am On Jun 29, 2020
Share personal experience.
ednut1:
Indians, chinese, Russians are scamming too. Why are Nigerians being singled out. Racism i must say
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Gerrard59(m): 11:53am On Jun 29, 2020
The laughable aspect is Nigerians comparing themselves to Chinese, Russians, Indians etc. who do same. A poor person cannot compare himself to a rich person and this plays out in crime and its consequences. A Nigerian cannot be treated the same way as an Indian or German who commits same crime. This is largely due to the standing of both countries. India is more influential than Nigeria and this shows in visa refusal rates in the US. The belief that I'll be treated as Orji Kalu even when we committed similar crimes is entirely misplaced and false. Someone mentioned racism? So how come Kenyans or Ghanaians don't face same treatment? How come financial companies don't dread dealing with those nationals?

If Nigeria becomes a top ten economy tomorrow, the treatment her citizens will face will be totally different from what it's now. The stronger a country (due to the size of the economy), the more influential she becomes and how her nationals are respected globally.

2 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
ednut1:
Simple. I always tell to my kids: Why do you wish to compare yourself with the worst? Look around and learn from the successful people / countries.

Indians, Chinese, Russians have developed industries, science, research, not only scam. Copy that? Stop blaming others, start making your life, your country life following the progress. Give us the reason to respect you, your people and your country.

2 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by abduljabbar4(m): 6:04am On Jun 30, 2020
Kriss216:
Can someone tell me the difference between (Hushpuppi, Invictus Obi, Mompha) and (Tinubu, Rochas, Ganduje)??

You can't be supporting Rochas, Tinubu and Ganduje and still be campaigning against fraud! That's the height of hypocrisy!

Read my status bro
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by justwise(m): 9:51am On Jun 30, 2020
ednut1:

So disappointed to read this from you, I always thought that you are one of the decent ones here, obviously I’m wrong.

Search refund scam, gift card scam, Microsoft support scam and many more on YouTube to see how many people going after Indian scammers.

Even at that.. why do you compare yourself to other scums? Why do you think that Nigerians should be left out simply because they are not the only ones stealing from innocent people?

You let yourself down.

3 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 30, 2020
Hope you guys know that we are just playing near those Ghanaians they're the real lord of fraudsters just that Nigeria is a cast country

1 Like

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by ednut1(m): 11:27am On Jun 30, 2020
justwise:

So disappointed to read this from you, I always thought that you are one of the decent ones here, obviously I’m wrong.

Search refund scam, gift card scam, Microsoft support scam and many more on YouTube to see how many people going after Indian scammers.

Even at that.. why do you compare yourself to other scums? Why do you think that Nigerians should be left out simply because they are not the only ones stealing from innocent people?

You let yourself down.
you are not getting the point. Scamming is bad and should not be used to paint a country bad. In 2019 there were about 4 reports of huge scams by Nigerians in canada (from their names). The Canadian media never mentioned their country of origin.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/regina/2020/4/16/1_4899464.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/5690231/online-relationship-fraud/amp/

Just take a look at those articles Nigeria was not mentioned by canada media. The actions of Hushpuppi and other scammers does not represent me as a Nigerian. It is unfair to law abiding people like many of us
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
ednut1:
you are not getting the point. Scamming is bad and should not be used to paint a country bad. In 2019 there were about 4 reports of huge scams by Nigerians in canada (from their names). The Canadian media never mentioned their country of origin.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/regina/2020/4/16/1_4899464.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/5690231/online-relationship-fraud/amp/

Just take a look at those articles Nigeria was not mentioned by canada media. The actions of Hushpuppi and other scammers does not represent me as a Nigerian. It is unfair to law abiding people like many of us

So not calling out Nigerians by their country of origin solve what problem exactly?

2 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Hope you guys know that we are just playing near those Ghanaians they're the real lord of fraudsters just that Nigeria is a cast country

Another scam sympathisers, why are you worried about Ghanaians and not criminal Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by ednut1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
justwise:

So not calling out Nigerians by their country of origin solve what problem exactly?
judged for their crime by their person not country. Is it fair that genuine freelancers and online business practitioners are being denied right to participate or get jobs due to idiots like hush puppy. I have not used 2 weeks in canada and i have been targeted already by 2 Indian scammers. Job offer scam and SIN scam already. Let yahoo boys face their cross majority of us are not scammers
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
ednut1:
judged for their crime by their person not country. Is it fair that genuine freelancers and online business practitioners are being denied right to participate or get jobs due to idiots like hush puppy. I have not used 2 weeks in canada and i have been targeted already by 2 Indian scammers. Job offer scam and SIN scam already. Let yahoo boys face their cross majority of us are not scammers

You may not be a scammer but you are part of the problem, your first reaction here was to complain why Nigeria is being picked on since other countries commit the same crime, you don’t care about the victims but you are concerned about your dear precious Nigerian image.

Everyone of us will pay the price of what those evil animals are doing.

The rest of the world know their nationality whether news papers published their names or not.

2 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
justwise:

Another scam sympathisers, why are you worried about Ghanaians and not criminal Nigerians?
Am not worried about any of them
Am just clearing facts ok
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Coolberry: 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Am not worried about any of them
Am just clearing facts ok

No facts here. It's simple; Nigerian fraudsters are destroying lives directly and indirectly(opportunities, travel)
It's no competition with Ghana or another.
Just like Black live matters doesn't mean all lives don't matter but we face the present situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Pascopele: 10:05am On Jul 03, 2020
wink
Gerrard59:
The laughable aspect is Nigerians comparing themselves to Chinese, Russians, Indians etc. who do same. A poor person cannot compare himself to a rich person and this plays out in crime and its consequences. A Nigerian cannot be treated the same way as an Indian or German who commits same crime. This is largely due to the standing of both countries. India is more influential than Nigeria and this shows in visa refusal rates in the US. The belief that I'll be treated as Orji Kalu even when we committed similar crimes is entirely misplaced and false. Someone mentioned racism? So how come Kenyans or Ghanaians don't face same treatment? How come financial companies don't dread dealing with those nationals?

If Nigeria becomes a top ten economy tomorrow, the treatment her citizens will face will be totally different from what it's now. The stronger a country (due to the size of the economy), the more influential she becomes and how her nationals are respected globally.
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Pascopele: 10:07am On Jul 03, 2020
shocked
ZINIBANKS:
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Oktane: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2020
Pascopele:
Nigerians have worked hard to earn their reputation for being corrupt internet scammers. No thanks to Huspuppi, Invictus & Co.,

The poorly written emails suggest a substandard educational system, or at least poor English teaching resources in Nigeria.

Outside of the frequent emails from unfortunate Nigerian princes. The Nigerian criminal element has persuaded many foreigners to stay away from Nigeria or perceived us ALL to be thieves.

Most of them are not familiar with any positive attributes of Nigerians.

Kindly share you experience as a Nigeria Abroad
It is no lies that the hustle to get out of this country is getting realer by the day but as a result of fraud it becoming tougher by the day.
I want to use this opportunity to invite our Bros and sis to come and enlighten us about their stories because this is Nigeria and everybody have got stories.

Boitumelo Dube, is a South African acquinatance and used to stay in Sunnyside Pretoria, aka Lagos. below is what she said about us

" I have a good number of wonderful friends, colleagues and acquaintances from West Africa that I met during university days, that I met now professionally as colleagues and clients, those people I know socially and I can safely say my former neighbouring was 50% West Africans. My view of Nigerians are the following, in no particular order:

-They are well spoken: yes there's pidgin but most Nigerians are eloquent and expressive sometimes a bit over-the-top;

-They are quite industrious: but can also be cut-throat and unethical in business;

-They have a wonderful reputation of being scammers and conmen and this one is felt globally. Yahoo boys, email fraud etc;

-Nigerians are well travelled and will explore any avenue to make money elsewhere which is wonderful. But I do think it's partially because of their adventurous and get-it spirit and coupled by the fact that millions of Nigerians are desperate to leave Nigeria for a better life somewhere else. And most don't want to go back or they take long years to visit family. I know a guy who's been here for 20 years and hasn't visited, issues of papers, lack of money etc basically excuses I know damn well he has money and can easily fix his papers. His mother has been begging for years

-I loooooove the West African diet. Omg the food is soooo good and tasty, I've had many many soup dishes, jollof with all kinda meat. I'm a foodie and love hot food so it makes sense;

-I love Nigerian music. I listen to a mix of Asa, Mr Eazi with the delicious lips, Timaya, Harry Songs, Runtown whose just so fiiiiine, a few Davido tracks, love Tiwa and Wizkid;

-Nigerians have their many tribal prejudices and discriminatory attitudes but will come together against an outsider;

-I like the accent and Nollywood; the plots, plot- twist and magic im here for all that lol;

-Nigerians pride themselves in their sexual prowess; I mean I cannot even tell you the number of times I've been promised a great time in bed. Funny thing is I've never been in a sexual relationship with a Nigerian man, which is weird because I mean Nigerian men are hot. They just extremely economical with the truth and imcredible womanizers;

-Nigerians dont like parting ways with money, when they do they'll negotiate to the lowest possible amount,

I wanted to visit Nigerian for 2 weeks this Feb., 2020 until I found out they dont have stable electricity supply, I don't want to be trapped in a whole new country and be confined to a hotel room because the city is dark at night. I wanna be out and about hanging out with people soaking in the culture".
Pls details of the Iyana Ipaja big boobs babe. Thanks!
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by uthlaw: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:
Can someone tell me the difference between (Hushpuppi, Invictus Obi, Mompha) and (Tinubu, Rochas, Ganduje)??

You can't be supporting Rochas, Tinubu and Ganduje and still be campaigning against fraud! That's the height of hypocrisy!
also name madueke,Jonathan and patience...
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Xavie(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
ednut1:
Nigerians they mumu, we are the cause of the singling out because the average yahoo boy boasts of being an internet fraudster, instead of keeping shut, moreover naija people to dey hype the thing too... I bet the Russian and Indian scammers are more lowkey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Here Living In Malta? / Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 / Us To Deport Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.