Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 (1893 Views)

GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned / How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Wealthyonos(m): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
First and foremost, I give special thanks to God Almighty for wisdom and protection. It would have been a different feeling right now if HE (God) had allowed the movie that played yesterday to roll out in full.

The company I worked with was expecting me at the office yesterday (20/4/2023), so I took public transportation from Oregun and headed straight to Iyana Isolo where I alighted and walked down to Aiye Bustop where the company is situated. After all that I went to the office to do, on my way back, I walked down to Iyana Isolo under bridge again due to heavy traffic jam, to board a bus heading to Oshodi. As I stood by the road side waiting for any available bus, a not -too- clean looking old man in his fifties approached me and said,
"Please, my name is .......... I just retuy from Ghana now with phones. I sell iphones and other gadgets. Please I don't know the value of the phones in the Nigerian Naira and I feel they want to cheat me."
I did not really show much interest so was just asking petty questions. He asked me about my tribe, state, religion etc. I was just answering him reluctantly.
Suddenly, another man wearing white t-shirt on blue jean came from nowhere and stood by me pretending he was waiting for a bus too. So the second man asked me what the first man wanted. I just told him I didn't understand what the first man wanted me to do, and that he should ask him by himself. So the second man brought out #200 from his pocket and stretched it to the first man, "are you looking for transport fare? Take this #200 naira". By now, the man was just walking to my right and left appearing to be restless. The first man rejected the money and started explaining everything he had explained to me. So the second guy said he sells phones, he asked if the first man (the fake Ghanaian) had the receipt for the goods he wanted to sell. The first man said he had everything. So the second man asked him what would be our benefit if we helped him sell the goods in Naira? The first man responded he would give us iphone 13 each.
So the second man told me to tell the first man not to tell anyone else about the business again, that we would help him so the three of us crossed to the other side of the road again.

But here is where God helped me by reasoning out the inconsistencies in his statements:
1. He had said he is a Ghanaian whereas, his intonation is pure Nigerian.
2. Secondly, the man does not look like someone with Torchlight phone let alone Iphone 13
3.Thirdly, Initially, he had pointed at the place where he left the goods. So when we crossed the road, he said that the place was not far, and that we would enter bus #100 to Lasaa Road.

It was when he said we where going to take transport I just lost interest in the journey. The second man even offered to pay my transport fare but I left them and crossed the road again to head towards Oshodi.
It was when I entered a bus heading to Oshodi that I realized what I just escaped.
How they were able to convince me to the extent that I crossed the road was what baffled me. I am someone that laughed at my friend that fell into their hands last two years. She even gave them their phone, ran home to collect her ATM and told them the pin because they promised to give her #500,000 after selling the gold (story for another day).
I did not even see it as a trap initially, I just wanted to see how everything was going to end. But me crossing the road again, the thing off me.
Omo, I entered Lagos last year's September. I have escaped different terrible situations. I really thank God for my life o. E nor easy for Lagos.
My head nor gree for one chance.
That was how God saved me from kidnappers in Iyana Isolo under bridge.
To my Lagos pals, make una dey careful o.
All the best....
I remain my humble self,
Onos JP

5 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by DEXTROVERT: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2023
When you hear

Don't tell anyone about the business

We will take it to one Baba

When strangers start generalizing

All
You
Gat
To
Do
Is
Run run run
As fast
As you can

14 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by garriAndsugar: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2023
Greed will surely put people inside problem.

9 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by rtdCivilservant: 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2023
Wealthyonos:
First and foremost, I give special thanks to God Almighty for wisdom and protection. It would have been a different feeling right now if HE (God) had allowed the movie that played yesterday to roll out in full.

The company I worked with was expecting me at the office yesterday (20/4/2023), so I took public transportation from Oregun and headed straight to Iyana Isolo where I alighted and walked down to Aiye Bustop where the company is situated. After all that I went to the office to do, on my way back, I walked down to Iyana Isolo under bridge again due to heavy traffic jam, to board a bus heading to Oshodi. As I stood by the road side waiting for any available bus, a not -too- clean looking old man in his fifties approached me and said,
"Please, my name is .......... I just retuy from Ghana now with phones. I sell iphones and other gadgets. Please I don't know the value of the phones in the Nigerian Naira and I feel they want to cheat me."
I did not really show much interest so was just asking petty questions. He asked me about my tribe, state, religion etc. I was just answering him reluctantly.
Suddenly, another man wearing white t-shirt on blue jean came from nowhere and stood by me pretending he was waiting for a bus too. So the second man asked me what the first man wanted. I just told him I didn't understand what the first man wanted me to do, and that he should ask him by himself. So the second man brought out #200 from his pocket and stretched it to the first man, "are you looking for transport fare? Take this #200 naira". By now, the man was just walking to my right and left appearing to be restless. The first man rejected the money and started explaining everything he had explained to me. So the second guy said he sells phones, he asked if the first man (the fake Ghanaian) had the receipt for the goods he wanted to sell. The first man said he had everything. So the second man asked him what would be our benefit if we helped him sell the goods in Naira? The first man responded he would give us iphone 13 each.
So the second man told me to tell the first man not to tell anyone else about the business again, that we would help him so the three of us crossed to the other side of the road again.

But here is where God helped me by reasoning out the inconsistencies in his statements:
2. Secondly, the man does not look like someone with Torchlight phone let alone Iphone 13
3.Thirdly, Initially, he had pointed at the place where he left the goods. So when we crossed the road, he said that the place was not far, and that we would enter bus #100 to Lasaa Road.

It was when he said we where going to take transport I just lost interest in the journey. The second man even offered to pay my transport fare but I left them and crossed the road again to head towards Oshodi.
It was when I entered a bus heading to Oshodi that I realized what I just escaped.
Omo, I entered Lagos last year's September. I have escaped different terrible situations. I really thank God for my life o. E nor easy for Lagos.
All the best....
I remain my humble self,
Onos JP
Welcome to Lagos, but they are most likely scammers (not kidnappers), they would have collected everything u had and still ask u to go get more from wherever.

11 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by ayourbamie: 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2023
They were not kidnappers, but 419. They used olden day format for you

13 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by GoWithGood: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
Thank God you were not kidnapped.
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by dawnomike(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2023
Wealthyonos:

How they were able to convince me to the extent that I crossed the road was what baffled me. I am someone that laughed at my friend that fell into their hands last two years. She even gave them their phone, ran home to collect her ATM and told them the pin because they promised to give her #500,000 after selling the gold (story for another day).
I did not even see it as a trap initially, I just wanted to see how everything was going to end. But me crossing the road again, the thing off me.
All the best....
I remain my humble self,
Onos JP
I'm glad you did not fall for that... My first encounter with this your type of story was when they tried it with me in 2009 at dugbe,ibadan.
I whyne the man tire and that same year, another claimed to be an alfa from ilorin bla bla bla.
One has got to be wise in this country. Once you show interest, their juju will work on you

7 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by chatinent: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2023
Thank God you are safe.

But Mann, this format expired in 2002 naw. Then mah, they used money doubling as a format along with this. These format tend to play on the greedy mind of the common man giving him the notion he is smarter while he'll the target fool.

Even then, even now, no one can use this or any subtle format to defraud me. Once conversation don enter "send" or "bring", discussion has ended. Once you are white online, you are a serial suspect. Or those saying you have won this and that so share to all your friends. Or even those with cloned Financial Institution accounts..or those cloning accounts with friends on your lists bringing up emergency stories to extort you.

In our freelance world, there are also many formats. You'll see some contacting you like clients do and telling you to do the work and they pay later .. otilo o. Or some who contact you on Escrow freelance networks like Fiverr and Upwork wanting to pay outside the system...otilo. Or those who come as tho with big gigs wanting you to pay some fictional registration for blabla.

The thing bi say...once your scam alert is turned on in your brain, and your greed bar is on DND, you cannot be easily scammed.

4 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Freelancerr(m): 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2023
I didn't read this long note you typed.
All I will say is be careful next time.

Please check my signature I do data entry jobs.

Stay safe fam.
Happy holidays.

1 Like

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2023
Looks like cases of kidnapping are on the rise in Lagos...stay safe

1 Like

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Wealthyonos(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
DEXTROVERT:
When you hear

Don't tell anyone about the business

We will take it to one Baba

When strangers start generalizing

All
You
Gat
To
Do
Is
Run run run
As fast
As you can

Honestly
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Bahamas95(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
So na ojukokoro for iphone13 make baba almost take you shine? grin

1 Like

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by ednut1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2023
Scammers not kidnappers. The format is over 30 years old.
I encountered them in 2008 at mushin on my way to ican office . A man pretending to be senegalese who had consignment of laptops and phones. Plus one idiot standing nearby convincing me. He promised me money and gadgets . The so called senegalese was leading us while the other guy was with me at the back. How Senegalese take sabi road lol. As we got to where my bus was loading i quickly crossed road and left them. They are scammers. You would have emptied your account and be asked to go home to bring more. Once you are greedy you go fall

5 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by ruggedtimi(m): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
Hahha same format dey used for me in circle Accra around 2013.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by HRprof: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
Wealthyonos:

All the best....
I remain my humble self,
Onos JP

They are scammers not kidnappers and this format has expired since na. There are everywhere not only lagos .
I jam them in Port Harcourt, the man claim to be Senegalese who come to Nigeria with electronics looking for buyer and he pack them at one Rev father house. Only greedy people fall to this scam

4 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by aurorae1: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
ednut1:
Scammers not kidnappers. The format is over 30 years old.
I encountered them in 2008 at mushin on my way to ican office . A man pretending to be senegalese who had consignment of laptops and phones. Plus one idiot standing nearby convincing me. He promised me money and gadgets . The so called senegalese was leading us while the other guy was with me at the back. How Senegalese take sabi road lol. As we got to where my bus was loading i quickly crossed road and left them. They are scammers. You would have emptied your account and be asked to go home to bring more. Once you are greedy you go fall

Not only scammers, but kidnappers too. I was in my school uniform in secondary school when a scenario close to this played out... What money did a junior secondary school student have to give them?
May we not remain in their company long enough to find out if they're kidnappers or scammers...

1 Like

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Curious345: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
Tinubu is their mentor
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Michelle55: 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2023
This one na old format nau, it was used when I was still in sec sch😊 especially around that oke afa to Okota side.

I encountered one during sec sch days, my saviour is I don't talk or respond to strangers on the road. Bros follow me do small trekking from oke afa to chemist bus stop where he was trying to convince me about the big ghana must go filled with money he brought for one imaginary reverend father🤣🤣🤣🤣. I just dey shake head like agama lizard to whatever he was saying, we got to ago roundabout im second join am. You no fit guy me for my adugbo nau, as I reach where I dey go, I just tell dem thank you for making this trekking memorable😋.

Op, I thank God on ya behalf say you no fall for ancient of days scam!

5 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by ednut1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
aurorae1:

Not only scammers, but kidnappers too. I was in my school uniform in secondary school when a scenario close to this played out... What money did a junior secondary school student have to give them?
May we not remain in their company long enough to find out if they're kidnappers or scammers...
you would have gone home to carry your parents properties to sell or bring to them 😃

1 Like

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by micki1: 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
They are local scammers. It’s the same old format they have been using for decades. If you had followed them you would have emptied your savings and borrowed as much as you could lay your hands on for them to ‘wash dollars for you’. They were not going to kidnap you anyway .
Wealthyonos:

All the best....
I remain my humble self,
Onos JP
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by ogkrakkid(m): 5:12am On Apr 22, 2023
Wealthyonos:

All the best....
I remain my humble self,
Onos JP
That route and one chance na 5&6.
Had experience like that in my late teens early twenties. Same route. On my way to island for my gce.na one chance oo.lol.
No b small film.lol.
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Wealthyonos(m): 7:10am On Apr 22, 2023
ogkrakkid:

That route and one chance na 5&6.
Had experience like that in my late teens early twenties. Same route. On my way to island for my gce.na one chance oo.lol.
No b small film.lol.

I swear. If I go that location again that same man approach me, I go wire am slap

3 Likes

Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by ogkrakkid(m): 9:35am On Apr 22, 2023
Wealthyonos:

I swear. If I go that location again that same man approach me, I go wire am slap
😂
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by ibechris(m): 9:41am On Apr 22, 2023
If u want to survive in that Lagos and not be used for rituals.

Look before u enter any vehicle very well especially vehicle heading to Ogun state.

Secondly,one chance, look well before u enter any vehicle.

Thirdly,enter vehicles at designated bustops.
U see that Oshodi,that is the abode of ritual killers.

If u are at these bustops in Lagos,Alikija,Mile 2,maza maza,Ijesha,Cele,isolo close to laspotec,charity and Oshodi...just dey shine ur eyes all the time.

These areas are dangerous both in the day and night.

Stop talking to strangers at bustops...if u can practice this,u will avoid becoming a victim.

I left Lagos 21years ago and I don't envy the lifestyle there even till date.
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by lereinter(m): 9:51am On Apr 22, 2023
Thank your God, the Jaz cut too soon
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Wealthyonos(m): 11:18am On Apr 22, 2023
lereinter:

Thank your God, the Jaz cut too soon

I swear, na once my eyes open as I don dey follow them go
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
They are not kidnappers, na those sakamanje people, I lose my first salary to them in 2012 …
My own na laptop they told me , I follow them to Cele bus stop, they put paper inside one stupid chemical and it turn to 1000naira
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Prosperity4All: 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2023
Wealthyonos:
First and foremost, I give special thanks to God Almighty for wisdom and protection

All the best....
I remain my humble self,
Onos JP

By now you for dey end your write-ups with "Sent from my iPhone 13" grin
Jus when you were about to make it, Devil allowed you to receive sense, chaiiii
Thank God for your life shocked
Re: Almost Got Kidnapped Yesterday 20/4/2023 by Wealthyonos(m): 12:10am On Apr 23, 2023
Prosperity4All:

By now you for dey end your write-ups with "Sent from my iPhone 13" grin
Jus when you were about to make it, Devil allowed you to receive sense, chaiiii
Thank God for your life shocked
I still wonder how I was able to detect their lies.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Proof Of Funds In Nigeria / Tuition-free Degree Programmes In Finland And Some European Countries / Get Your Georgia Student E Visa: 07089210267

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.