Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family (1226 Views)

Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix) / Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again / Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by coputa(m): 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sometimes,life is not fair,a family man with wife and children,suddenly lost his job,landlord threatening to throw him out,no savings,no investment,the wife is the type that sit at home,taking care of the children,she has nothing doing,the man is at the middle of the devil and the deep blue sea.In this state,how do you think the man can solve this puzzle.
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by FreakDesign: 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
Haaaaaa! Sometimes he go hard ooo! But if you are blessed with a good wife, getting back your feet will be easy!

1 Like

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by Juliusmomoh: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
Does that happen to u .
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by coputa(m): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Does that happen to u .
lol,@juliusmomoh,no,God don carry us pass this stage o.these are things we see around our immediate environment,and i decided to share it for people to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by budaatum: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
I happen to think life is very fair. The person you describe sowed no savings nor investments, and he sowed children with a wife who just sits at home sowing nothing, and they are now reaping exactly what they sowed (or didn't sow, to be precise).

They should both change the nothing crop they sow, and even this shall pass away.

5 Likes

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by budaatum: 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
coputa:
lol,@juliusmomoh,no,God don carry us pass this stage o. these are things we see around our immediate environment,and i decided to share it for people to learn.
God don carry you pass this stage? I put it to you that manna did not fall from heaven for you!

Is it not more true that God fertilised what you sowed and if you had sowed nothing God wouldn't have had anything to fertilise for you so you pass this stage?
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by Juliusmomoh: 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
coputa:
lol,@juliusmomoh,no,God don carry us pass this stage o.these are things we see around our immediate environment,and i decided to share it for people to learn.
Your own better sha, i no fit explain my own
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by coputa(m): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

God don carry you pass this stage? I put it to you that manna did not fall from heaven for you!

Is it not more true that God fertilised what you sowed and if you had sowed nothing God wouldn't have had anything to fertilise for you so you pass this stage?
The man worked tirelessly for his family,by providing for them,is that not sowing,must he run other investment,remember,it's not everybody that knows how to invest
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by coputa(m): 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:
I happen to think life is very fair. The person you describe sowed no savings nor investments, and he sowed children with a wife who just sits at home sowing nothing, and they are now reaping exactly what they sowed (or didn't sow, to be precise).

They should both change the nothing crop they sow, and even this shall pass away.
Are children not investment.
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by budaatum: 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
coputa:
The man worked tirelessly for his family,by providing for them,is that not sowing,must he run other investment,remember,it's not everybody that knows how to invest
Everybody knows how to invest! Some just invest in unproductive things or in the wrong way!

The individual you describe invested in having a wife and children with no regard that a proverbial seven years of famine might follow his seven years of plenty! But even if he did not know how to invest properly, he could have saved! His wife could have worked! Even his children could have contributed somehow! And if he really wants to get out from the "middle of the devil and the deep blue sea" he now finds himself in, he better sow new thoughts. His current one's are proving to be unfruitful.

1 Like

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by budaatum: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
coputa:
Are children not investment.
Yes they are, to some, and you'd see I mentioned them, though I'd classify them more as a liability, unless he turns them into a resource or sells them to pay his rent.

1 Like

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
coputa:
Sometimes,life is not fair,a family man with wife and children,suddenly lost his job,landlord threatening to throw him out,no savings,no investment,the wife is the type that sit at home,taking care of the children,she has nothing doing,the man is at the middle of the devil and the deep blue sea.In this state,how do you think the man can solve this puzzle.
He and his wife should get down to life 102 of marriage and las las they will be alright.

Or are they ashamed to climb down to the bottom of the ladder?

That's why I love experience. It's a very good teacher. In their next world, they will plan wisely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

Everybody knows how to invest! Some just invest in unproductive things or in the wrong way!

The individual you describe invested in having a wife and children with no regard that a proverbial seven years of famine might follow his seven years of plenty! But even if he did not know how to invest properly, he could have saved! His wife could have worked! Even his children could have contributed somehow! And if he really wants to get out from the "middle of the devil and the deep blue sea" he now finds himself in, he better sow new thoughts. His current one's are proving to be unfruitful.
Children contributed somehow shocked shocked
Let me clean my eyes well and read again shocked

When I thought I have seen it all in this forum cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by sisisioge: 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

Yes they are, to some, and you'd see I mentioned them, though I'd classify them more as a liability, unless he turns them into a resource or sells them to pay his rent.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wait until pro many children meet you here now and swing you! grin grin grin grin grin grin

@OP...there's really a way NL people manage to lighten mood by sowing humour. Anyways, she's sorta of right. The guy needs to rethink.

1. He could get his wife to start looking for work.
2. He could look for another work.
3. He could take his kids to his in-laws or his parents to help out( but I know people like him would have beyond a sizeable no of kids!
4. Depending on the ages of the kids, they could start helping to sell stuff after school hours within their vicinity.

It is well, people should learn to cut their coats according to their materials biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by coputa(m): 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
sassysure:

He and his wife should get down to life 102 of marriage and las las they will be alright.

Or are they ashamed to climb down to the bottom of the ladder?

That's why I love experience. It's a very good teacher. In their next world, they will plan wisely.
i have seen very wise, purposeful and meticulous couples being swayed by the visisitude of life.It's about getting up when you fall.
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
coputa:
i have seem very wise, purposeful and meticulous couples being swayed by the visisitude of life.It's about getting up when you fall.
That is what I just wrote.
Going to the life 102 class in family management.
Cos class 101 is not feasible anymore.

Actually, in as much as I want to make light of this your analogy, it abound plentiful in Nigeria. 2016 to 17 job lost opened my eyes to see that most families don't have backups, u see wives that are not working living lavishly like CEOs cos they want to fit into that their "fantasy class"and a man who want to show his family and friend he has arrived therefore, he overdo it to his financial detriment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by DenreleDave(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
coputa:

That is why one shud never marry a Jobless wife.... Be careful b4 ur egungun enter express

2 Likes

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by budaatum: 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
sassysure:

Children contributed somehow shocked shocked
Let me clean my eyes well and read again shocked

When I thought I have seen it all in this forum cheesy
There must not be windows in you house, or you close your eyes when you go outside, or your eyes really do need cleaning, or you limit yourself to this forum. If not, you'd have asked yourself what the children hawking on your street were hawking for!

Clean your eyes and read about the experience of those who are not as privileged as some.

1 Like

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

There must not be windows in you house, or you close your eyes when you go outside, or your eyes really do need cleaning, or you limit yourself to this forum. If not, you'd have asked yourself what the children hawking on your street were hawking for!

Clean your eyes and [urlhttps://www.nairaland.com/5473691/mile-2-residents-rush-scoop#83160155]read about the experience of those who are not as privileged as some[/url].
So you will allow your children to go and hawk? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by budaatum: 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
sassysure:

As you can see if you followed the link, I hawked, and the experience has taught me to invest and save so my children do not have to go through what I went through. My own parents did not exactly "allow" me to hawk. My own needs - the desire to buy novels to read - and my parents limited resources (there were five of us, 4 needing bras and pads), made me find hawking as a solution to my needs. I began with oranges at 9 years old. But if the choice were between them hawking or starving, yes, I would allow my children to go and hawk. It is after all better than them stealing or begging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by merieam16(f): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
No saving, No investment + liability wife shocked.Stop imagining!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by coputa(m): 8:02am On Jun 27, 2020
merieam16:
No saving, No investment + liability wife shocked.Stop imagining!!!
This is not an imagination,it's everywhere.what many people earn is not even enough for their up keep talkless of savings and investment.A lot of people live this way while hoping for a better tomorrow,
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by coputa(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2020
budaatum:

As you can see if you followed the link, I hawked, and the experience has taught me to invest and save so my children do not have to go through what I went through. My own parents did not exactly "allow" me to hawk. My own needs - the desire to buy novels to read - and my parents limited resources (there were five of us, 4 needing bras and pads), made me find hawking as a solution to my needs. I began with oranges at 9 years old. But if the choice were between them hawking or starving, yes, I would allow my children to go and hawk. It is after all better than them stealing or begging.
That's great,children that hawks in the street are not mad,it's the circumstances of life that warrant it.all fingers are not equal,most of the wealthy people you see around today,hawked in the street when they were small,it is better than stealing,begging and prostitution or taking to crime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by coputa(m): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2020
sassysure:

Is it not better than taking to crime and prostitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 27, 2020
coputa:
Is it not better than taking to crime and prostitution.
What is wrong with u guys.

So your kids will start prostitution as kids? shocked
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by Prism(f): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2020
You guys are harsh o. You want this Op to use his children as street hawkers. There's so much risk associated with hawking, the kids can fall prey to kidnapping, rape etc
Op, look for a way to set up a small business for your wife eg Liquid Soap Making, Selling fufu, Selling puff Puff, fried yam&fish, Moin join etc, these are fast moving items that people especially the neighborhood will always want to buy. Its better than her sitting down at Home and doing nothing.
Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by bukatyne(f): 8:50am On Jun 27, 2020
coputa:

Every wife should be resourceful and/or earning as per their unique circumstances and stages in life.

Also, the less the kids, the better the quality of life.

In addition, proper planning in line with the family vision, living below your means and looking for ways to improve your circumstances is key.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by coputa(m): 9:01am On Jun 27, 2020
bukatyne:

Every wife should be resourceful and/or earning as per their unique circumstances and stages in life.

Also, the less the kids, the better the quality of life.

In addition, proper planning in line with the family vision, living below your means and looking for ways to improve your circumstances is key.

i disagree,less kids does not guarantee quality living,as some people cannot take care of the only child they have,but those with half a dozen do.

2 Likes

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by GboyegaD(m): 9:17am On Jun 27, 2020
I will use my family sorry growing up as an example.

My mom resigned Her banking job because my dad needed her to focus on us (the Children). He was doing well until the Structural Adjustment Program (SAP) was introduced. He lost his job and it seemed everything was going to ground zero.

My mom decided to sell cooked food believing at least we will have food on our table. My dad vehemently refused but my my mom couldn't watch us suffer more. The food business was meeting many of our needs and that was how it became the family business for the 20+ years she did it. My dad got another job almost three years later and was supportive of my mom's business.

For me back then, if you cannot help me carry firewood, we can't be friends.

Morale of the story:
They should find something to engage in ASAP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by bukatyne(f): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2020
coputa:
i disagree,less kids does not guarantee quality living,as some people cannot take care of the only child they have,but those with half a dozen do.

Someone who cannot care for one wouldn't care better for four.

A child care is not only money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by bukatyne(f): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2020
GboyegaD:
I will use my family sorry growing up as an example.

My mom resigned Her banking job because my dad needed her to focus on us (the Children). He was doing well until the Structural Adjustment Program (SAP) was introduced. He lost his job and it seemed everything was going to ground zero.

My mom decided to sell cooked food believing at least we will have food on our table. My dad vehemently refused but my my mom couldn't watch us suffer more. The food business was meeting many of our needs and that was how it became the family business for the 20+ years she did it. My dad got another job almost three years later and was supportive of my mom's business.

For me back then, if you cannot help me carry firewood, we can't be friends.

Morale of the story:
They should find something to engage in ASAP.

Good one.

2 Likes

Re: How Would A Stranded Man That Lost His Job Re Settles His Family by budaatum: 11:07am On Jun 27, 2020
Prism:
You guys are harsh o. You want this Op to use his children as street hawkers.
Excuse me, but I think he should sell them, since they are his investment and he's now broke!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

DNA Test Is Not Always 100% / Five Reasons Why You Should Never Apply Powder On Your Face Again. / White People, What Are You Doing Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.