Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS (7144 Views)

IBB, Abdulsalami, Other Region Elders Will Be Disgraced - El-Rufai / Fulani Leaders Boast About Aso Rock, Threaten More Killing Of Yorubas – YOV / Our Region Can Just Be Mapped Out Within A Couple Of Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by manuelreports: 8:55am On Jun 27, 2020
PH
KADUNA
ONITSHA
South East they comprises of 50% of Labourers in South East working on different building project.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Jakemedg(m): 8:57am On Jun 27, 2020
SLAP44:
Yorubas make up to 30% of Kano and Kaduna. Teachers, drivers, mechanics and civil servants.
Yes that's correct especially Kaduna
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2020
Sammy07:

Buh Yoruba dey UNN, I finished from UNN.

Buh we ain't plenty tho.
Someone I knew still dey there unec
Yoruba is insignificant in SE sha... I barely didn't know any Yoruba person when I was in unec myself

3 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2020
Sammy07:
But one thing I'm sure is, there are more Yorubas in The North than South East / South South.

And there are more Yorubas in South South than South East
Just as they're more igbos in Lagos and ibadan than yorubas
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Sammy07: 9:08am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Lol, Abeq go to bed

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, Abeq go to bed
But that's the fact naw..
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Sammy07: 9:14am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

But that's the fact naw..

Not only fact, is fart.

7 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Jakemedg(m): 9:18am On Jun 27, 2020
DenreleDave:

Southwest is the America of Nigeria...w

What does other region have to offer us that we cannot get in our region...

To bust ur lies, igbo no reach Yorubas for kano or even kaduna.
For Kaduna igbos and yorubas are the largest non indigenous ethnic groups in Kaduna. They are scattered around Kaduna so you hardly can tell how many they are or who's more but since i have leaved in Kaduna i have noticed there's a community of yorubas concentrated in a place called Barkin Dogo and some other places(especially Yoruba Muslims) .Igbos you see them in Sabo, and other places especially when you enter any major market.
Because of the distrust by Muslims and Christians in kaduna plus segregation you still can't tell who's more .
For Kaduna religion na the main issue not tribe.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2020
Sammy07:

Not only fact, is fart.
Atleast you understood that
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Sammy07: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Atleast you understood that

Where are you currently?
Which state.

If it's any of SW I fit pick you and show you round, then give you a resounding slap.

5 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by fergie001: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
But how can igbo encourage their kids to come school in the East too

Imagine Fergie, top 10 best jambites all choose to school in yoruba land.. One igbo guy even choose kwasu in kwara..

Not even choose unn, futo and Co..

What is happening?
Igbos are extremely curious individuals who like to explore and move.
Even if you bring UI & UNILAG to the SE.....they will still leave.

Again, we don't make our Universities attractive enough for anyone to stay, tbh.

Another is: there are really no jobs in the SE.

So the Igbo man wants to get out of his Zone, go to Maiduguri, Kano, Kaduna, Ibadan, whilst schooling, he is "shining his eye", making friends who might help him rather than go back to the East and start running Provisions Stores, or teaching WAEC Chemistry with BSc in Biochemistry.

They don't even know here isn't even a bed of roses but they can apply for jobs, go for interviews and keep hopes alive.

Correct me if I am wrong, majority of the jobs you see are mainly teaching or @ most State Govt jobs where you wouldn't even be paid for months.

When I wanted to run one of my degrees, I opted for ZIK..as the 1st son I wanted to be closer home, since all my family members were born and resident in Lagos. 2 weeks before I will complete my registration, I got same admission with a Fed Univ in the SW..

I enquired from my fellow Igbo friends, not one, even there in Abia or Anambra told me to remain in ZIK. They all said; LEAVE, I was shocked.
I abandoned even the little payments I had made and left.

Until our Govts begin to let the massive crowd that get out of our SE Institutions do something .....the migration would not STOP.

Ironically, most of the jobs they run to or apply in Lagos and co...are owned by same Igbos who didn't put it in the SE. The first question we should ask is WHY!?

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 9:21am On Jun 27, 2020
Sammy07:

Where are you currently?
Which state.

If it's any of SW I fit pick you and show you round, then give you a resounding slap.
You're a kid obviously and I'm sure you haven't travelled out of that your skull mining enclave for the first time... So keep fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Jakemedg(m): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Even if you aren't a Nigerian how can you say igbos are more in Lagos and Ibadan than Yorubas.
Igbos can be 39% to 41% of Lagosians but not more than than Yorubas as you are claiming

4 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Sammy07: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

You're a kid obviously and I'm sure you haven't travelled out of that your skull mining enclave for the first time... So keep fooling yourself

Ode, go and check my previous comment on page 2 and 3

There is no state in SW that's I didn't know very well.

I school in UNN, I and my friends do go to owerri.

I have been to Akwaibom very well.
Delta (warri) too, and port Harcourt.

So where else are you saying cheesy

I should go to abia? grin

3 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 9:28am On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
Even if you aren't a Nigerian how can you say igbos are more in Lagos and Ibadan than Yorubas.
Igbos can be 39% to 41% of Lagosians but not more than than Yorubas as you are claiming
Lol.. Shebi the guy I quoted said they're more Yorubas than igbos in South South, is it not ironic? South South that have indigenous igbos of asaba, agbọ, rivers and cross river
. If he's right then they're more igbos than yorubas in Lagos and ibadan

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Jakemedg(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Yoruba is insignificant in SE sha... I barely didn't know any Yoruba person when I was in unec myself
Do you know that there are some Yorubas who speak igbo language! ?
Just like they're igbos who speak yoruba fluently but you wouldn't know until you check their surname.
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 9:31am On Jun 27, 2020
Sammy07:

Ode, go and check my previous comment on page 2 and 3

There is no state in SW that's I didn't know very well.

I school in UNN, I and my friends do go to owerri.

I have been to Akwaibom very well.
Delta (warri) too, and port Harcourt.

So where else are you saying cheesy

I should go to abia? grin
Which department was that.. I'm sure you didn't go to the university to be honest or even if u did u didn't complete your education bc you don't sound like you're literate enough.. Funny enough u don't even know anywhere in South East despite claiming to school where u haven't been to.. You haven't left your skull mining enclave and that's it
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 9:32am On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
Do you know that there are some Yorubas who speak igbo language! ?
Just like they're igbos who speak yoruba fluently but you wouldn't know until you check their surname.
Na maybe just 5-10 Yorubas who are maybe tailors or agbọ sellers.. Even at that the tailors I know who amend my cloths can't speak igbo.. Igbo is not something anyone just speak

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Perkins2018: 9:34am On Jun 27, 2020
Muna4real:
Do you guys still need to be educated on the ways of the different tribes that lives amongst you? Yoruba way of business is very different from that of the igbos. The yorubas can only do business in a "successful" place as they claim while igbos do business everywhere. Every where is successful in their eyes. That is why they make money even if they are in the most remote village in the world. Why is it so difficult for you guys to understand that?

So you are saying Igbo land is not a successful place that is why there are no Yorubas there?

4 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by LukasPodolski: 9:34am On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
How can Igbo be 39-40% of Lagos?

If we are to go by your analysis, then Igbos should be the most populous in Lagos then.

If we are to go by your logic of Igbos being 40% of lag. Then Hausas should be 20-30% , Minorities 20% foreigners 5-10%.... Then what percentage will you now give the Yorubas who are the real owner?

The population of Igbos in Lagos is less than 10% of the whole.

6 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Jakemedg(m): 9:35am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Lol.. Shebi the guy I quoted said they're more Yorubas than igbos in South South, is it not ironic? South South that have indigenous igbos of asaba, agbọ, rivers and cross river
Saying yorubas are more than igbos in the South South is not true but i didn't see where the guy you quoted said so

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Jakemedg(m): 9:38am On Jun 27, 2020
LukasPodolski:

How can Igbo be 39-40% of Lagos?

If we are to go by your analysis, then Igbos should be the most populous in Lagos then.

If we are to go by your logic of Igbos being 40% of lag. Then Hausas should be 20-30% , Minorities 20% foreigners 5-10%.... Then what percentage will you now give the Yorubas who are the real owner?

The population of Igbos in Lagos is less than 10% of the whole.
My bad i was referring to non yoruba ethnic groups residing. Lagos is a Yoruba state na

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by LukasPodolski: 9:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
My bad i was referring to non yoruba ethnic groups residing. Lagos is a Yoruba state na
Alright, there is no way the population of yorubas in Lagos will be less than 60%.

Leaving 40% for other ethnic groups and foreigners to share.

5 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by LukasPodolski: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
Saying yorubas are more than igbos in the South South is not true but i didn't see where the guy you quoted said so
That ikennamurphy is an illiterate, the guy he quoted said there are more Yorubas in SS than SE.

That's just like saying, more Yorubas reside in SS than in SE.

Example, 10 Yorubas lives in SS while 6 yorubas lives in SE.

But as a Kanu disciple he misquoted him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Jakemedg(m): 9:48am On Jun 27, 2020
LukasPodolski:

That ikennamurphy is an illiterate, the guy he quoted said there are more Yorubas in SS than SE.

That's just like saying, more Yorubas reside in SS than in SE.

Example, 10 Yorubas lives in SS while 6 yorubas lives in SE.

But as a Kanu disciple he misquoted him.
I was surprised

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Sammy07: 9:49am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Which department was that.. I'm sure you didn't go to the university to be honest or even if u did u didn't complete your education bc you don't sound like you're literate enough.. Funny enough u don't even know anywhere in South East despite claiming to school where u haven't been to.. You haven't left your skull mining enclave and that's it

Oga, my department is banking and finance and it's in Enugu campus not Nnsuka campus
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Perkins2018: 9:55am On Jun 27, 2020
Odingo1:
Apart from North central of Kwara and Kogi where Yorubas are indigenous, you will hardly found Yorubas in any other state.

The places like Kaduna, Delta, Rivers, Yorubas are not upto 500 and one can hardly notice them.

They can be many in Abuja because it is Nigeria capital and civil service work can take them there.

I live in portharcourt but came to know more about Yorubas when I came to Lagos.

You will hardly see a Yoruba person outside SW and outside part of North central where they are not indigenous.

You are fooling yourself. There are more Yorubas in the north than igbos. You won’t notice because the blend with locals. You might want to abuse someone in Yoruba without knowing he is Yoruba. Yorubas blend with locals unlike igbos.

There are many Yorubas in PH. My brother has a house in PH. I do t know about SE. No group travel more than Yoruba in Nigeria unless you want to fool yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Perkins2018: 9:58am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

If you meet a Yoruba man in SE you won’t know. Unless he tells you. We blend with the locals.
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Perkins2018: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

You lack comprehension. He said there are more Yorubas in the north than in the south east.

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Perkins2018: 10:02am On Jun 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Na maybe just 5-10 Yorubas who are maybe tailors or agbọ sellers.. Even at that the tailors I know who amend my cloths can't speak igbo.. Igbo is not something anyone just speak

Lol. Igbo is the easiest language to learn. I learnt Igbo when I was in the north.
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2020
Perkins2018:

Lol. Igbo is the easiest language to learn. I learnt Igbo when I was in the north.
Kedụ ebe ịnọ ụgbụ a?
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Ikennamurphy: 10:07am On Jun 27, 2020
Perkins2018:

You lack comprehension. He said there are more Yorubas in the north than in the south east.
Don't be a dickk.
Go back to reread.. Even in the north after hausas igbos are the largest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

National Assembly Resumes Today / An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. / Nigeria’s Constitution Is A Fraud - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.