Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS (7187 Views)

IBB, Abdulsalami, Other Region Elders Will Be Disgraced - El-Rufai / Fulani Leaders Boast About Aso Rock, Threaten More Killing Of Yorubas – YOV / Our Region Can Just Be Mapped Out Within A Couple Of Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Balogunodua(m): 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
oyatz:
Where?
Jebba?

Jebba is in kwara and it a yoruba town with nupe setllers.
Mokwa in Niger state has indegeous Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by OsuIgboIpob: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2020
PikinNwaSmall:
[s][/s]
Lol
Somodooo has been fixed...
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by schurley(m): 4:23am On Jun 29, 2020
azmanaty02:

Suleja is Niger state not abuja

Ikr, huh people there still place themselves under Abuja radar
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by LegendAnselm: 7:09am On Jun 29, 2020
Yobabad:
The are more in the south east selling Agbo and Akamu
there ar also in imo state doing ashawo work
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by LegendAnselm: 7:12am On Jun 29, 2020
jrjfjfj:
ode
there ar here in white house doing ashawo. Though they ar always look dirty
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by ShenTeh(m): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
baby124:
Niger State has indegenous Yorubas

In Jebba, Mokwa that's correct.
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
You have Yorubas as indigenes of Benin Republic, Togo , Liberia, Cuba, Brazil, Ghana etc.
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

Jebba is in kwara and it a yoruba town with nupe setllers.

Mokwa in Niger state has indegeous Yorubas.

Really? I didn't know that.

It seems Nupe people are kind of related to Yoruba, right?
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Sammy07: 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
TripleOh7:

There are two jebba, one in kwara that borders Niger.

The other in Niger that border kwara.

The one in kwara are with Yoruba king.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Sammy07:

There are two jebba, one in kwara that borders Niger.

The other in Niger that border kwara.

The one in kwara are with Yoruba king.

I see.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Balogunodua(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
TripleOh7:

Yes they have lived side by side with Yorubas longtime ago, even before the rise of Oyo empire, they inter-marry with Yoruba a lot even the Alaafin Sango mother is an Nupe woman.

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Iamgrey5(m): 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

Yes they have lived side by side with Yorubas longtime ago, even before the rise of Oyo empire, they inter-marry with Yoruba a lot even the Alaffin Sango mother is an Nupe woman.
Sango also had a nupe mother and wife.
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

Yes they have lived side by side with Yorubas longtime ago, even before the rise of Oyo empire, they inter-marry with Yoruba a lot even the Alaffin Sango mother is an Nupe woman.

Ha, yes. Thank you. That's the connection I was trying to recall.

Alaafin Sango's mother

Thanks.
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Balogunodua(m): 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
TripleOh7:

Ha, yes. Thank you. That's the connection I was trying to recall.
Alaafin Sango's mother
Thanks.
K

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Balogunodua(m): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Sango also had a nupe mother.
Yes!
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Iamgrey5(m): 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
Balogunodua:
Yes!
And wife
Oyan is of Nupe orgin.
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Balogunodua(m): 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
Iamgrey5:
And wife
Oyan is of Nupe orgin.
Really!
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Iamgrey5(m): 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
Balogunodua:
Really!
Yes
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Balogunodua(m): 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Yes
I really don't know she is of nupe origin, but thanks.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by 24SEVEN: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
Odingo1:

This your assertion is based on opinion not on reality, you are the fooling yourself rather. Those that live in portharcourt can relate, one can hardly see a Yoruba person in PH, the Hausa people have visible impact but Yorubas are not noticeable.

If you live in a place in large number and your impact is not noticeable then are you a ghost or what tongue tongue

Yoruba people are plenty in PH oh. You won't notice because most are christians and usually look like everyone else. The people who stand out are mostly Muslims becos of their hijab for women, halfcut trouser and cap for men.
Re: Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:07am On Jul 01, 2020
Jakemedg:
For Kaduna igbos and yorubas are the largest non indigenous ethnic groups in Kaduna. They are scattered around Kaduna so you hardly can tell how many they are or who's more but since i have leaved in Kaduna i have noticed there's a community of yorubas concentrated in a place called Barkin Dogo and some other places(especially Yoruba Muslims) .Igbos you see them in Sabo, and other places especially when you enter any major market.
Because of the distrust by Muslims and Christians in kaduna plus segregation you still can't tell who's more .
For Kaduna religion na the main issue not tribe.

You are a true Kaduna boy. Born and bred. I am also. You cannot tell who is more in number between the Igbo and Yoruba people in Kaduna. But Yoruba people have areas where they congregate like Oriapata, town, Ogbomosho etc. The major identity in Kd though is Religion and not tribe. It was when I came on Nairaland I knew that Igbo and Yoruba people have issues. In Kd, Yoruba Christians and Igbo folks get along well.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soludo: My First 100 Days In Office Has Been Bumpy, Challenging / Stability Of Chad In Nigeria’s Interest - President Buhari / Ngige Signifies Intention To Contest NBA Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.