Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,087 members, 7,838,734 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity (25354 Views)

Lagos 2023: Tinubu Endorses Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat As Governor, Deputy Governor / Ambode Endorses Sanwo-olu, Hamzat As Lagos Next Governor, Deputy (picture) / Buhari At Campaign Rally For Bauchi South Senatorial Bye Election (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by One4me: 12:38am On Jun 27, 2020
SirToby:

Fake news. Jackson Ude the owner of the website is an harbinger of fake news. Check these

I knew it, Ipob must have a hand in this kind of Bad-Belle news.
Children of Hate and Anger don arrive.
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by Sheggy13(m): 3:16am On Jun 27, 2020
fergie001:
Which election?

....mtchew

Everything is Central (Tinubu, Fashola, Sanwo-Olu), Ambode (East)...
Abeg Sir Tinubu.....Lagos West no be Senatorial District for Lagos again?
Don't mind Tinubu and his winner-takes-it-all mentality. That's what he's trying to export to the national scene that has got his fingers burnt now. Imagine the level of marginalization of my Lagos West zone. We are only good for deputy governorship. Its so shameful to even think the Senator representing Lagos West now, Adeola Yayi, is an Ogun state indigene that has no affiliation whatsoever with Lagos West. He was born in Island and grew up in Alimosho, all in Lagos central.
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by Akaegwu(m): 5:01am On Jun 27, 2020
Lagos is a conquered state. Tinubu's private property. Filled with zombie politicians and followers.
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by fergie001: 8:18am On Jun 27, 2020
Sheggy13:

Don't mind Tinubu and his winner-takes-it-all mentality. That's what he's trying to export to the national scene that has got his fingers burnt now. Imagine the level of marginalization of my Lagos West zone. We are only good for deputy governorship. Its so shameful to even think the Senator representing Lagos West now, Adeola Yayi, is an Ogun state indigene that has no affiliation whatsoever with Lagos West. He was born in Island and grew up in Alimosho, all in Lagos central.
Lagos West has 10 LGAs out of the 20 LGAs in Lagos State.

Anytime it gets to West, they will curve out. The most underdeveloped areas is there. The people who are championing Zoning in Presidential will not say anything about Zoning at the State levels.
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by oyatz(m): 10:06am On Jun 27, 2020
PDP structure is weak in Lagos, their leadership are not ready for serious contest and some of them seems to be friends ( or even moles) of Tinubu.

After any election, they start fighting, then go to sleep and only come back few months before another election.

Most of the votes they get are more like protest votes.

BERNIMOORE:
Obaseki must have boosted their resolve and with the Disbanded NWC... PDP can try their luck
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by oyatz(m): 10:08am On Jun 27, 2020
Alimosho is the power House of Lagos West.

I am surprised that you don't know this sir.

Sheggy13:

Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by oyatz(m): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2020
Do you know anything about Lagos politics at all?

Tinubu is from Lagos West and was even a Senator representing Lagos West during the ill fated Third Republic while Senator Kofoworola Akerele-Buknor represented Lagos Central and Senator Abraham Adefuse represented Lagos East.

fergie001:
Which election?

....mtchew

Everything is Central (Tinubu, Fashola, Sanwo-Olu), Ambode (East)...
Abeg Sir Tinubu.....Lagos West no be Senatorial District for Lagos again?
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by fergie001: 11:06am On Jun 27, 2020
oyatz:
Do you know anything about Lagos politics at all?
Your comment will still carry same weight without this.

Tinubu is from Lagos West and was even a Senator representing Lagos West during the ill fated Third Republic while Senator Kofoworola Akerele-Buknor represented Lagos Central and Senator Abraham Adefuse represented Lagos East.
He is from Lagos West and the Senatorial district doesn't look like part of Lagos?
Its an indictment on his person, so to speak.

He now brought in the Ogun man as Senator for Lagos West, and his wife is now at Central where he concentrated his 8 years on. It is safe to say he picked Ikeja (West)

So he finished from Lagos West and took it to Central ....then gave East one term, and returned it to Central. Wow!
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by oyatz(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2020
You wrongly assume that Tinubu is like a good that determines everything.

There are several people from Ogun State that have been contesting (long before Tinubu) and will continue to contest elections in Lagos State( Long after Tinubu).

By the way, why don't you aspire to run for Lagos West Senatorial election to correct all these anomalies you have pointed out?

In advanced democracies, citizens who desire certain changes sometimes decide to run for elections to effect these changes.

fergie001:

Your comment will still carry same weight without this.

He is from Lagos West and the Senatorial district doesn't look like part of Lagos?
Its an indictment on his person, so to speak.

He now brought in the Ogun man as Senator for Lagos West, and his wife is now at Central where he concentrated his 8 years on. It is safe to say he picked Ikeja (West)

So he finished from Lagos West and took it to Central ....then gave East one term, and returned it to Central. Wow!
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by fergie001: 11:29am On Jun 27, 2020
oyatz:
You wrongly assume that Tinubu is like a good that determines everything.

There are several people from Ogun State that have been contesting (long before Tinubu) and will continue to contest elections in Lagos State( Long after Tinubu).

By the way, why don't you aspire to run for Lagos West Senatorial election to correct all these anomalies you have pointed out?

In advanced democracies, citizens who desire certain changes sometimes decide to run for elections to effect these changes.
The reason I quoted is...when you bring a man to become a Senator in a State, he isn't from..where does he start from?
Who would hold him accountable?
His people? from where?

It is not even like he has lived all his life in Lagos. He went to Ondo and travelled....how does he start?

I am not after where he is from, other than, he needs to be answerable to people.

As long as I would not be drowned in the Lagoon....I will consider it.

Thanks for the advice, and the heads-up.
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by oyatz(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
Who brought Sen Olamilekan Adeola from Ogun State to Lagos?

Do you know what you are saying at all?

So you that know that Sen Adeola (Yayi) was born in Alimosho,Lagos State and was a former Local Government Chairman of Alimosho LGA and a Member of the Lagos State House of Assembly representing Alimosho for 8years before he succeeded Sen Ganiyu Solomon in 2015?

It's obvious you that don't know anything about Lagos Politics sir.

fergie001:

The reason I quoted is...when you bring a man to become a Senator in a State, he isn't from..where does he start from?
Who would hold him accountable?
His people? from where?

It is not even like he has lived all his life in Lagos. He went to Ondo and travelled....how does he start?

I am not after where he is from, other than, he needs to be answerable to people.

As long as I would not be drowned in the Lagoon....I will consider it.

Thanks for the advice, and the heads-up.
Re: How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity by fergie001: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
oyatz:
I am talking about the underdevelopment of Lagos West but you want to take me to your normal Ogun v Lagos.

Noted......"Knower of Lagos Politics"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Opens Sale Of Presidential Forms To Tafawa Balewa's Son, And Others. / Our President, Buhari, Has Been Away For 60 Days! / Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.