Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? (17853 Views)

Paymyrent.ng Is Recruiting For A Programmer. / Are You A Programmer? / Programmer Job Vacancy At United Bank Of Africa (UBA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by sholarr12: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
I know a programmer who was employed in an organization that owed two month salary, even up till the third month, despite the fact that the salary was not even up to #50, 000.

That same person resigned and after some months got a better paying programming job but the company has not even resumed yet because of coronavirus and the company has not been paying, that is not even the problem since the company has not yet resumed.

The surprising thing is the company has not received any project that their programmer employees can work on despite the fact that the employees have their personal company laptops.

My question is this, is the work of a programmer unstable?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by utepu: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Keep the answers coming. Am here to be learn

1 Like

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by dibornqueen: 2:55am On Jun 27, 2020
If you are really good at the language or know your work very well it's stable, i can even say it's over stable sef, i have a friend who is doing two programming jobs together freelancing, before Coronavirus pandemic even with world wide lock downs and closure he is still working and getting paid almost 2M per month and some companies in lekki are begging him to work for them for pay of almost 600k per month. So it boils down to how good you are, if you really good at it you will never lack good paying jobs except there isn't anything as technology again

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by TerryMcGinis(m): 7:39am On Jun 27, 2020
dibornqueen:
If you are really good at the language or know your work very well it's stable, i can even say it's over stable sef, i have a friend who is doing two programming jobs together freelancing, before Coronavirus pandemic even with world wide lock downs and closure he is still working and getting paid almost 2M per month and some companies in lekki are begging him to work for them for pay of almost 600k per month. So it boils down to how good you are, if you really good at it you will never lack good paying jobs except there isn't anything as technology again
he knows his onions... Good day, is it possible that i can speak with this friend of yours please? Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by ThinkB4mention(f): 7:52am On Jun 28, 2020
No.sir

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2020
50k a month cheesy. How do people accept such salaries for mentally taxing jobs? Seriously. How? When there's so many options today. Freelancing, remote work name it.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by DenreleDave(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2020
It's is not stable unless he is employed in an organization

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Mtncardseller(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2020
smiley
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by dayleke: 7:53am On Jun 28, 2020
Nothing is stable in this Nigeria....

Come to think of it, nothing is stable in life sef.

cool

7 Likes

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Nooo, they are not!

Some areas and experience levels may differ,
or maybe just his current experience level is the 'ish.
But CS unemployment is half that of unemployment for all jobs.
In short, programming jobs are not unstable,
they are high in demand.

Overall, it's a competitive market for sure,
and it's certainly isn't going to become any easier.
It's still very possible to shape a successful,
An enjoyable career in the web development industry.
It just may take slightly more time and input than it did before.

All the very best in his career.

dibornqueen:
....i have a friend who is doing two programming jobs together freelancing, before Coronavirus pandemic even with world wide lock downs and closure he is still working and getting paid almost 2M per month and some companies in lekki are begging him to work for them for pay of almost 600k per month......
We think your friend is one of the youngest among us @ [color=#006600][/color].
Kindly identify yourself plssss! cool

Meanwhile,
To the question below this post......
Here are your best bets......

TheAppBuilder.
Good Barber.
Appy Pie.
AppMachine.

They work for us always.
Interesting apps.

Good Luck!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by ikorodureporta: 7:54am On Jun 28, 2020
What's d best app for building Android website
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by TheSociopath(m): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Depends on your language and your proficiency.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Millennialaku(m): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2020
freelancing is the way................. the foreigners will value your skill more wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by barrypro: 7:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Freelancing is far better

2 Likes

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by fordunit(m): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Need a database of institutional investors, private investors and angel investors as well as their contact details? Message me via my signature....
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by flexyrule(m): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2020
It seems today is world Programmers day..

Even doctors that save lives, sometimes go for months without being engaged.
IT is a very tricky field. From the outside, it might look like heaven, but in the inside... It is tougher than it looked.

24 Likes

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by kingmurainah(m): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2020
It’s over stable
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by heykims(m): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Is there anything stable on Nigeria soil, even the country isn't.
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by DenreleDave(m): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2020
ThinkB4mention:
No.sir

I'm sure u r man that changed to a lady just like Bob risky

That is what I thought b4 I mentioned you grin

, check this babe dp.. Na fine boy oooo... He get shape well well....

Where is Westernlove?

ThinkB4mention, if truly u r a lady and not a transgender, I will dump Amatarasha for you.. Aswear.... Mehn, u full pass Amatarasha ooo gringringrin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Ayemileto(m): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Well, I personally work as a freelancer on fiverr and seoclerks.

The thing is, if you are good, most people who give you project will come back with more.

Just that for some time now, I have stopped accepting projects (including from returning customers) because the pay is not really encouraging.

I currently stay in Akure but I'm hoping to move to Lagos or Abuja soon sha.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by techmo(m): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2020
cool

See, what a programmer can offer are far limited and most firms prefer a C.S guy

A tech firm needs a programmer that can write complex algorithm, design flawless software architecture, debug and upgrade, document softwares and still work as an IT support staff for both the company and the clients

To succeed as a programmer depends on your marketing skills, your independence to freelance, and ability to build your own cormercial software

16 Likes

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Goldenheart(m): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2020
It depends on the company & how good u are

1 Like

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 28, 2020
This is covid era every job is now unstable

1 Like

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by ThinkB4mention(f): 7:58am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

I'm sure u r man that changed to a lady just like Bob risky

That is what I thought b4 I mentioned you grin
Are you quoting from experience
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by vicshub(m): 7:59am On Jun 28, 2020
I don't want to dabble into your rubble rambling... I don't celebrate any government to constructs roads and schools because it their primary responsibility. I celebrate human capital development. Let me tell you my story. It is in obaseki's time as a governor that I have experience direct investment of a state on his citizens.. When he instuted the edo innovation hub, a lot of persons were skeptical about it functions including myself, but the governor understood that investing in the youth is investing in the future.. A lot of cooperate bodies and international cooperations partnered with him including GIZ, MICROSOFT, IBM, SLOT, etc. He created a skill aquision agency under EDOJOBS to professionally train edo youths.. First I applied for laptop and GSM repairs and I was chosen to be trained by SLOT.. We were grinded for six months and given start up kits. I can remember that we even had a life coaching and an entrepreneurship lecture by the owner of slot himself. After the training, many of colleagues started their own shops while I decided to work for slot. Another program came up again( A lot of training goes on every day for free at the HUB and at the edo production center paid for by the government and its partners.. Some are even fed twice daily and given stipends for transportation), this time the government partnered with GIZ( A RENOWNED GERMAN COMPANY ON RENEWABLE ENERGY),PEND, FUPRE, AND SHELL COOPERATION. I applied and I was trained professionally on solar energy Free of charge.. We eat twice a day, we had our field work at FUPRE effurun warri because of all the universities in Nigeria, the have the largest solar farm. FUPRE generates 70% of its energy consumption from solar, you can ask.. After which I was given a professional certificate that was certified by all these international cooperations including FUPRE locally.. I would have spent hundreds of thousands if not millions but a governor did it for me free of charge and you say obaseki doesn't deserve a second term.. The programs are still on, it's doesn't discriminate provided you are a resident of edo.. I am Victor Ugochukwu and I am not ashamed of my governor.. OBASEKI FOR SECOND TERM

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Mindlog: 7:59am On Jun 28, 2020
Competency and the right network influences stability.

2 Likes

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by DenreleDave(m): 7:59am On Jun 28, 2020
ThinkB4mention:

Are you quoting from experience

Is that truly truly U?

If yes, I die there 4u.... I wana die Btw ur boobs... To h* ll with Amatarasha boobs gringringringrin. Who Amatarasha boobs help when ur own boobs dey dere cool
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by keentola(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2020
Are you looking for books to read but you're restricted because paperbacks are hard to get?

What if you can have unrestricted access to pdf books, are you still ready to gain more knowledge?

There's a way to get these books and it won't cost you much.

There's also a catalogue of selected Best Sellers, and interesting books on almost all walks of life. You don't need to stress yourself.

You can check my bio on how to contact me.
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by benebaby77: 8:00am On Jun 28, 2020
He should venture into freelancing, he would be earning more....
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Harnny(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2020
Not sure I have ever seen a developer earning less than 100k. My organization pays at least 120 even for interns. We scarce man....especially the really good ones. One of my colleague earns 600k and he does nothing. He has been earning that for over 3 years. Not to even mention the side projects...for those who knows the code name...PP

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by eph12(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2020
At 50k a month, he's definitely just starting. I think programmers change jobs more than any other career

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Free Workforce Ability/aptitude Test Past Questions With Explained Solutions / Kaduna Government Creates 130,021 Jobs In 365 Days / Apply For Babban Gona Fresh Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.