Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? (17933 Views)

Paymyrent.ng Is Recruiting For A Programmer. / Are You A Programmer? / Programmer Job Vacancy At United Bank Of Africa (UBA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Texty: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
vicshub:
I don't want to dabble into your rubble rambling... I don't celebrate any government to constructs roads and schools because it their primary responsibility. I celebrate human capital development. Let me tell you my story. It is in obaseki's time as a governor that I have experience direct investment of a state on his citizens.. When he instuted the edo innovation hub, a lot of persons were skeptical about it functions including myself, but the governor understood that investing in the youth is investing in the future.. A lot of cooperate bodies and international cooperations partnered with him including GIZ, MICROSOFT, IBM, SLOT, etc. He created a skill aquision agency under EDOJOBS to professionally train edo youths.. First I applied for laptop and GSM repairs and I was chosen to be trained by SLOT.. We were grinded for six months and given start up kits. I can remember that we even had a life coaching and an entrepreneurship lecture by the owner of slot himself. After the training, many of colleagues started their own shops while I decided to work for slot. Another program came up again( A lot of training goes on every day for free at the HUB and at the edo production center paid for by the government and its partners.. Some are even fed twice daily and given stipends for transportation), this time the government partnered with GIZ( A RENOWNED GERMAN COMPANY ON RENEWABLE ENERGY),PEND, FUPRE, AND SHELL COOPERATION. I applied and I was trained professionally on solar energy Free of charge.. We eat twice a day, we had our field work at FUPRE effurun warri because of all the universities in Nigeria, the have the largest solar farm. FUPRE generates 70% of its energy consumption from solar, you can ask.. After which I was given a professional certificate that was certified by all these international cooperations including FUPRE locally.. I would have spent hundreds of thousands if not millions but a governor did it for me free of charge and you say obaseki doesn't deserve a second term.. The programs are still on, it's doesn't discriminate provided you are a resident of edo.. I am Victor Ugochukwu and I am not ashamed of my governor.. OBASEKI FOR SECOND TERM

How far my guy so you De nairaland @viktaur

1 Like

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by NarnieAceTech: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
Harnny:
Not sure I have ever seen a developer earning less than 100k. My organization pays at least 120 even for interns. We scarce man....especially the really good ones. One of my colleague earns 600k and he does nothing. He has been earning that for over 3 years. Not to even mention the side projects...for those who knows the code name...PP

Hello, Good day. I would like to know which company that is, if you don't mind. I'd be through with my youth service by November and I'd like to enrol, starting out as an intern. I am a self-taught Web designer/programmer but I'd like to garner more experience on the job.
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Etinosa1234: 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
lekki1444:
there are 1 billion programmers in india alone. it is a very unstable job if you are not good. but if you are perfect ? like you can bang out codes ass easy as you breath air ? the sky is the limit. question is how many people can get that good ? most people will not get that good because thhe motivation is the money and not the love of it. you are competing against 14 year old geeks who view coding like sex lol. they get orgasms from coding. you get orgasms from the money you think coding brings.

See how u just dey lie confidently...

India has 1.3billion people and u say 1billion Na programmers....

Guy nor dey lie like dis Na...

Just jejely edit that post abeg

2 Likes

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by LordPherule(m): 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sabi man! You will sell it for him, I trust.
Henrymorre:
before you talk try to research more. An Amd Ryzen 5 CPU const about 60k brand new. He can go for the cheaper Ryzen 2nd gen. Which will even be much faster than the core i3 or i5 and much cheaper.
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by FahBuLous: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
Please I always wanted to ask this question...
I want to pursue a career in Web designing, Please how lonq should I learn it to be very qood at it and how much do u estimate its qonna cost me??
Thanks and God bless...

1 Like

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Ajibade123(m): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
Harnny:
Not sure I have ever seen a developer earning less than 100k. My organization pays at least 120 even for interns. We scarce man....especially the really good ones. One of my colleague earns 600k and he does nothing. He has been earning that for over 3 years. Not to even mention the side projects...for those who knows the code name...PP
bro please what is the name of your company??
I am a CS student and I am looking for internship in any tech organization(not pay job just experience is what I am searching for)
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by benebaby77: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
avalon7:

The issue is how to get the clients

If one is very skilled and resourceful with good portfolio, it might not be that hard for such person to get clients.
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by TechCapon(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Harnny:
what's the key language to learn
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by lanchy: 1:56am On Jun 29, 2020
Please don't call web design programming, even with JavaScript or any of those fancy scripting languages. If said person is doing one of the below, they can't lack for work, especially online. Try https://www.upwork.com/ , you can bid for short/small/large projects, just make sure you can deliver, please don't spoil our name on this platform!!

Programmers:
C++, C, Java, Go

Scripting Language:
Python, JavaScript
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by LordPherule(m): 4:03am On Jun 29, 2020
lanchy:
Please don't call web design programming, even with JavaScript or any of those fancy scripting languages. If said person is doing one of the below, they can't lack for work, especially online. Try https://www.upwork.com/ , you can bid for short/small/large projects, just make sure you can deliver, please don't spoil our name on this platform!!

Programmers:
C++, C, Java, Go

Scripting Language:
Python, JavaScript

Not sure, you still have to hustle hard to get 1 over the time. We have a lot of them.
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by LordPherule(m): 4:05am On Jun 29, 2020
TechCapon:
what's the key language to learn
Depend on field or area you want to put your leg into. I can suggest Python, SQL and/or R. Also, learn Excel and html/CSS, you are good to go.
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by vickertony(m): 7:58am On Jun 30, 2020
Eddee:

I'm going to reproduce an exact answer I gave someone on here a while ago. Offer is still valid!

"Start building your accounting skills - professional certification is great if you can afford the ICAN classes. If not learn how to use Quickbooks/SAGE, since you have an Accounting background, brush up on your financial reporting for Not for Profits.

While you are it, take online courses on procurement/supply chain and taxation (basic treatments of income tax and WHT will suffice for now).

Show proof of progress in 6 months and remind me of this thread, I will guarantee you a physical interview for a project that starts next year."
Noted, thank you.
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
benebaby77:
He should venture into freelancing, he would be earning more....
Good evening. I would want to inquire about certain things from you sire, I could have sent you an email but I can't recall the login details anymore. Is there anyway I can get across to you privately?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by benebaby77: 9:57pm On Jul 07, 2020
SageX1444:
Good evening. I would want to inquire about certain things from you sire, I could have sent you an email but I can't recall the login details anymore. Is there anyway I can get across to you privately?

I don't have access to the email again...
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by lajid: 11:56pm On Jul 07, 2020
Eddee:

I'm going to reproduce an exact answer I gave someone on here a while ago. Offer is still valid!

"Start building your accounting skills - professional certification is great if you can afford the ICAN classes. If not learn how to use Quickbooks/SAGE, since you have an Accounting background, brush up on your financial reporting for Not for Profits.

While you are it, take online courses on procurement/supply chain and taxation (basic treatments of income tax and WHT will suffice for now).

Show proof of progress in 6 months and remind me of this thread, I will guarantee you a physical interview for a project that starts next year."

Hello sir, please is there a way to learn QuickBooks comprehensively. I'm an accounting student expecting to graduate this year before this pandemic struck and I would really like to learn QuickBooks in total.

Have tried YouTube but have not a found video that teaches you QuickBooks from scratch.

I would really appreciate your answer. Thanks
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by ojay36: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
Harnny:

good day Sir, please I would love to use this forced break on students to learn about programming, I will like to know the job opportunities available here
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by ojay36: 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
habymi:
50k per months? I earn no less than 100k monthly, programming pays

Good day Sir, how long can I learn programming? I want to use this lockdown to gain a skill
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by habymi: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
ojay36:

Good day Sir, how long can I learn programming? I want to use this lockdown to gain a skill

am a girl
Re: Is A Programmer's Job Unstable? by LordPherule(m): 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
Henrymorre:
before you talk try to research more. An Amd Ryzen 5 CPU const about 60k brand new. He can go for the cheaper Ryzen 2nd gen. Which will even be much faster than the core i3 or i5 and much cheaper.
Ok chief

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Letter To Unemployed People / Npower: Payroll Sub Menu Appears On Dashboard / 5 Strategic Ways To Get A High Paying Job In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.