Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

Brothers And Sisters In The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brothers And Sisters In The Lord (333 Views)

Pastor Impregnates 2 Sisters In Delta After ‘Fake Deliverance’ / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Successdude(m): 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
I want to retreat in prayers. So I need suggestion of a location or church or cathedral one can stay without being disturbed by anyone.

I really have to engage stuff until I get answers ...

Suggest me any place that LL be okay for this. I'm based in Port Harcourt.

And also suggest me Bible portions that would call out deep things.

Deep has to call unto deep.
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
Successdude:

I want to retreat in prayers. So I need suggestion of a location or church or cathedral one can stay without being disturbed by anyone.

Suggest me any place that LL be okay for this. I'm based in Port Harcourt.
Deep has to call unto deep.

Deep things like what? Demons? undecided
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Successdude(m): 12:44am On Jun 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Deep things like what? Demons? undecided

Demons from prayers ?

Is that possible ?

1 Like

Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Successdude:

Demons from prayers ?
Is that possible ?
People claim they can engage in warfare, so why not?
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Successdude(m): 1:06am On Jun 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:

People claim they can engage in warfare, so why not?
well I want to do sth diff then

1 Like

Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Jun 28, 2020
Successdude:
well I want to do sth diff then
I pray but I have found that obedience is what He really desires. That and our complete trust.

1 Like

Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Successdude(m): 1:18am On Jun 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I pray but I have found that obedience is what He really desires. That and our complete trust.

What does HE mean when He said "deed calleth into deep"?
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Kobojunkie: 3:29am On Jun 28, 2020
Successdude:

What does HE mean when He said "deed calleth into deep"?
I am not sure what you hope to accomplish by reading the psalms. Aren't you supposed to focus on learning how to pray according to how Jesus Christ demands you do?
Below is the verse in a much better English translation for you to read.

Psalm 42 vs 7 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. I hear the roar of the water coming from deep within the earth. It shouts to the water below as it tumbles down the waterfall.
God, your waves come one after another, crashing all around and over me.[c]
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by saintvc(m): 3:45am On Jun 28, 2020
hushpuppy way
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Successdude(m): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am not sure what you hope to accomplish by reading the psalms. Aren't you supposed to focus on learning how to pray according to how Jesus Christ demands you do?
Below is the verse in a much better English translation for you to read.

Can I ask, does the Psalms - reading it - bring forth something bad - as in BAD ?
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Successdude:

Can I ask, does the Psalms - reading it - bring forth something bad - as in BAD ?
I don't think reading the psalms does anything but that which you want to believe it will.

For instance, i remember reading psalm 91 and holding God to the words of His servant David. God proved Himself true to His own promises. Remember, the psalms were prayers from the heart of men, not all of it is God's truth but you can be sure that God will reveal His truth if you at least understand that.

1 Like

Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Successdude(m): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I don't think reading the psalms does anything but[b] that which you want to believe it will. [/b]

How it is easy to know that which I want to believe it will.

You're just hilarious lol
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Kobojunkie: 3:49am On Jun 29, 2020
Successdude:
How it is easy to know that which I want to believe it will.
You're just hilarious lol
I don't know what you believe. I said I don't think reading the psalms does anything but that which you want to believe it will, meaning if you believe it will, I don't know, cure you, then who knows, it might work for you that way. undecided
The psalms were written by various writers, including David, but not all the entries align with the actual truth of God. For example, Jesus Christ says to love your enemies and pray for them, while some psalms contain prayers suggesting God should strike down enemies and act against those who are considered enemies. undecided

1 Like

Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Successdude(m): 5:52am On Jun 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I don't know what you believe. I said I don't think reading the psalms does anything but that which you want to believe it will, meaning if you believe it will, I don't know, cure you, then who knows, it might work for you that way. undecided
The psalms were written by various writers, including David, but not all the entries align with the actual truth of God. For example, Jesus Christ says to love your enemies and pray for them, while some psalms contain prayers suggesting God should strike down enemies and act against those who are considered enemies. undecided

In that regard, if it wasn't good enough God wouldn't answer. But just like every other expectations that makes us want to pray, not all prayers get answered - so it ain't perculiat with the Psalms ...

Gracias
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Successdude:

In that regard, if it wasn't good enough God wouldn't answer. But just like every other expectations that makes us want to pray, not all prayers get answered - so it ain't perculiat with the Psalms ...

Gracias
That is not what Jesus Christ taught though. It makes sense to want to find out where the bottleneck is and fix the problem, right?
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by petra1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
Successdude:

Your roomu nko?

Concerning scripture It depends on what your isolation is about . You haven't given any information. Is it just to fellowship with God or there trouble. Are you interceding for someone ,city,nation, family or a community
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord by Successdude(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
petra1:

Your roomu nko?

Concerning scripture It depends on what your isolation is about . You haven't given any information. Is it just to fellowship with God or there trouble. Are you interceding for someone ,city,nation, family or a community

Fellowship and needed to interceded for someone .... But now just fellowship.

My room ? I'd be distracted greatly. I just want where I would lay everything bare.

(1) (Reply)

Patience Quotes Bible / Nigeria's Coronavirus Doesn't Go To Markets But Churches - Oyedepo / If Your Salvation Is Not Based On JESUS Christ, You Are On A Faulty Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.