Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,631 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:30 AM

"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps (37179 Views)

500 Naira Goat Meat Pepper Soup In Kaduna (pictures/video) / Naija Man Makes The Best Okra Soup In Brazil! (pix) / Fish And Crab Soup In Peru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by agadez007(m): 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

K
thank you
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Noneroone(m): 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
lalasticlala. I'm so disappointed that you allowed a thread that addressed Ofe akwu as "Igbo version" of banga soup to grace front-page with same mischievous title. what a shame.
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Omoluabi16(m): 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
sassysure:

Don't mind me, I saw periwinkle and fisherman soup came to my mind cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Johnsown1(m): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
That's nice
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Kfed4ril(m): 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
This one dem dey carry food Mata dem com front page...nah to open Thread on how to Grind Igbo and wrap am with five rizzler o.

Which kind banga be this?
Abeg Hope everybody know say the Urhobos make the best banga soup ever...Argue with your keyboard

OP that mortal and im pikin just make me remember this Anambra man wey pound im pikin some weeks back

Urhobo eat their banga as soup with swallow while our ofe akwu is eaten as stew with rice and the preparations are totally different.
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Omoluabeesixtee: 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
Bulldozer90:
you must be a very big fool by not taking corrections. Ofe akwu means palm stew, banga soup means palm soup. in Igbo Ofe means stew and soup.
HEY DAFTIE.. tongue
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by baby124: 11:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
You don’t need to pound anything. Just boil till soft and use your hand to crush it and squeeze till the stuff comes out. I can never buy the extract. If it’s not fresh palm fruit, forget it. I cook Bangs though but will try this. Eat this soup once in a while though, it’s not too heart healthy.
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Feraz(m): 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
Eulalia:
I don't have mortar o. Can I use blender for the banger?

Seems this is what I'll prepare for my bufday next month God willing. grin
Lmao!!! The blender will curse you. There are two other ways to extract the palm juice without mortar but both methods involve boiling the palm fruit to be softer than normal.

1. Put in a small paint bucket and pound with turning stick (the one used for garri)
2. Put in a small bucket and extract with your hands by gradually peeling them (this is why I said to boil softer than normal). Remember to sieve to prevent chaff from getting into the main extract.

Pocohantas, beautiful threads in the food section you've been creating. To add to this, some persons (like me) add okporoko and azu fridge. Assorted meat if you may. When cooking for the family, I add nchanwu and some 1.5mins later, add ugu and turn off the gas. grin

2 Likes

Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Feraz:
Lmao!!! The blender will curse you. There are two other ways to extract the palm juice without mortar but both methods involve boiling the palm fruit to be softer than normal.

1. Put in a small paint bucket and pound with turning stick (the one used for garri)
2. Put in a small bucket and extract with your hands by gradually peeling them (this is why I said to boil softer than normal). Remember to sieve to prevent chaff from getting into the main extract.

Pocohantas, beautiful threads in the food section you've been creating. To add to this, some persons (like me) add okporoko and azu fridge. Assorted meat if you may. When cooking for the family, I add nchanwu and some 1.5mins later, add ugu and turn off the gas. grin

Wow @ first method. I think it easier that way.

Thanks so much.
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by PeachtreeReside(f): 1:48am On Jun 28, 2020
Thanks!

Trying this out asap.
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by blogbuilder: 2:28am On Jun 28, 2020
Ishilove:
Food weekend cheesy

Pocohantas, ignore that broke ass J111333 and let me introduce you to my cousin who works in Saipem. He is looking for a wife who can cook very well and you are a good specimen grin

Ukwuani people don't cook their Banga like this. We cook our ofe nkpulekwu with gborogi (water leaf), ugu, bitterleaf, egusi or okro. We boil the palm kernel extract until the oil begins to float and then dunk every every inside.
which part of ukwuani are you bro
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Nobody: 4:17am On Jun 28, 2020
IDENNAA:

Girl wey de find husband no suppose dey rude. With this attitude you go soon enter menopause , grow old and die alone.

These rubbish biafra agitators will always want to soil everything with their immense stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Nobody: 4:45am On Jun 28, 2020
IDENNAA:

There is something disturbingly wrong with both your reading and comprehension skills. Besides, I don't think you really understand what tribalism is. You are the archetypal SIMP!
Nwanna, ozugozie. Ka okwudibara echi. cheesy
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by rinzaugustine: 5:07am On Jun 28, 2020
Great tips

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Native Assorted Meat Pepper Soup (pix & video) / Which of these stews would you go for with your rice? (pictures) / Nairalanders Post Your Christmas Food Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.