Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps (36460 Views)

Naija Man Makes The Best Okra Soup In Brazil! (pix) / Fish And Crab Soup In Peru / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Ishilove: 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
LadySarah:

Anambra supremacist, don't you guys get tired? Other Igbos were eating sand okwa ya?

Tufiakwa!
Leave them let them be dragging who get food while their mates in the western world are breaking boundaries in all works of life. Nde unintelligent house negroes forming supreme on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
IDENNAA:
I will suggest when you introduce these dishes you should also give credit to the originators of the food. Before people start claiming things they didn't invent. The reason why we adviced you to call it what the people who made it call it is because we dont want to hear tales by the moonlight of how Uhrobo taught us how to cook "banga" soup. I want everyone to remember that ofe ora, onugbu, nsala , isiewu , Nkwobi , ofe akwu, nni oka na ogbono, ji awii are all food indigenous to Anambra.

Words on marble.

Enough said.

Well stated.

2 Likes

Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by IDENNAA(m): 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ishilove:

And who told you I dey find husband? With this disgusting attitude of yours you will not progress much in life.

Madam , I make enough to feed the whole Ukwuani populace. I am not broke like your Nigerian ffuck boys. Do I look like a broke nigga...lol

You are definitely losing it. And did you say you aren't looking for husband ? Aren't you a Nigerian woman ? Are you a Catholic nun? You are too aggressive and rude like a girl raised by a single black American mother.
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
LadySarah:

She is Igbo and that is what matters

We need to pigeonhole issues accordingly.
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Omoluabi16(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Way different from the one wey we dey chop with periwinkles. Looks tasty though. cool
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by bellenornor(f): 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
Tomato is scarce in the East right now so, I resort to *ofe akwụ* . It's quite delicious!!! I made the for dinner and Sunday rice btw.

1 Like

Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Ishilove: 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Also, why are you trying to introduce your cousin (Ukwuani) to an Igbo girl. Were you not same person who reject any association with Igbo ? You say God forbid anything Igbo.
When did I say God forbid to anything Igbo? Stop lying through your teeth.
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by earnit2: 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
ok
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by Omoslim26: 8:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
I still don't know why I do not like ofe aku
but if I am to vote for the best soup in Igbo land
I will vote for

ofe Owerri
chia dat soup is a bomb
Re: "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps by princessyere1(f): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2020
sylve11:
Make somebody serve @ the op the Urhobo /Isoko or Itsekiri version of banga soup wey them tidy with catfish or mudfish from the wild, then run am inside clay pot. Then use starch take knack am. I believe the op go understand the difference between banga soup and bingi soup. tongue undecided cool
Your head dey there. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Eat Egusi, Die Early / Trending Video Of Noodles Sold In Nylon Bags / The Bush Meats I Killed This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.