Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,061 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market (29283 Views)

The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market / Protest In Sabon Gari Market, Kano, Over Demolition Of Roadside Shops (Video) / Nigeria’s Commodity Exchange System Stunted Over Limited Private Sector Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by airminem(f): 10:12am On Jun 27, 2020
Blookus. Never before have i seen a nigerian president utilize the common wealth of the people (private sec. BS) to subvert the system for a region and punish the common majority all in the name of politics sad
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by Fariq: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2020
qwertyboss:

ranka ya dade ba wata makafa, mukawo CV a dafa mana?

Hahahaah. Nima nema nake. Zankawo ma tawa CV din.
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by Bighead9: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Everything in this country is been shifted to the North gradually.. too bad

Cry me a River.

The North feed this Country, hence the reason the project is sited there.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by janedonez(m): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2020
Kano is making us proud

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by DeRay98(m): 10:18am On Jun 27, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Everything in this country is been shifted to the North gradually.. too bad

What's your headache, did anybody stop your state govt from building same facility?
The North has always been more productive in farming and agro business all along and most are private farm businesses.
In the South we look for easy and quick ways to make money and spend it overnight.
So go use your sense well..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by sencekompis: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2020
ABOKI GETTING READY AND PREPARE FOR REGIONALISM POWER BY BUHARI.

Wake up the SOUTHERNS!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by techmo(m): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2020
airminem:
Blookus. Never before have i seen a nigerian president utilize the common wealth to subvert the system for a region and punish the common majority all in the name of politics sad

Ok as a President where will you site your own Agricultural Commodity market? Is it in Aba or Onitsha where farming isn't a commercial activity but trading and manufacturing is

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by obailala(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2020
Moustache1:
I think we are trouble angry

With the rate at which investments are popping up in the north, shows the government hidden agenda.

Why north, what happened to the other geo political zones in the country, I can confirm that 90% of Investment in Nigeria since buhari took over are residing in the north..this is bad for Nigeria Outlook

Who the Bleep would be willing to put his money in a region which is politically destabilized, Insecurity is at the forefront...

Building a refinery in a region that has no business with oil extraction while oil producing state are languishing in xxxxxx

We are in trouble embarassed

who is building a refinery?

2 Likes

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by RPG2020(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2020
Bighead9:
May God continue to bless the North. Without the North, we Igbo's and the East will starve. grin grin grin grin

You are a memetuos
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2020
manuelreports:
Aboki dine get sense
If you travel to the North
You will know that North makes sense
Funny enough they Are not noise Makers

Southern Nigeria ndonu oh!

my problem with the northern part is the incessant killings and terrorism that have taken over the lands.
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by maximunimpact(m): 10:28am On Jun 27, 2020
Moustache1:

With the rate at which investments are popping up in the north, shows the government hidden agenda.

Why north, what happened to the other geo political zones in the country, I can confirm that 90% of Investment in Nigeria since buhari took over are residing in the north..this is bad for Nigeria Outlook

Who the Bleep would be willing to put his money in a region which is politically destabilized, Insecurity is at the forefront...

Building a refinery in a region that has no business with oil extraction while oil producing state are languishing in xxxxxx

Did north tie southern governors hands?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by extol1(m): 10:29am On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:
cool

Ganduje, Udom, and Wike want to finish Kano , Akwa Ibom and Rivers State with projects and infrastructure

Audio Makinde come and see your mates oo, see project flying in left right and centre

all those you mentioned are using their second term in office while Makinde is just assuming office. I think he is trying to put things in order first. why didn't you talk about Yahaya Bello
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by Olominira(m): 10:30am On Jun 27, 2020
Part of what I said few days ago

NIGERIA ECONOMY BY STATES GDPs IN 2030
1. Lagos
2. Ogun
3. Akwa Ibom
4. Rivers
5. Kano
6. Oyo
7. Kaduna
8. Ondo
9. Kebbi
10. Delta

Lagos
Lagos is projected to beat several African and European countries by GDP before end of this decade. Major contributions will include; Headoffices of major tech and finance companies in West Africa, Oil and Gas, (Dangote Refinery), continuous expansion in manufacturing base, etc.

Ogun
Continuous manufacturing expansion, home to Nig. Auto, and Lagos connection, Nig. Education Hub, etc

Akwa Ibom
Oil revenue is expected to slowdown by 2026, but this State is laying solid foundations that would attract huge FDI as early as 2024. With rail and flight connections and peaceful atmosphere, this State is expected to get investments originally destined for some SS States like Bayelsa and Rivers. These include tourism, agriculture, tech, offices, sports, etc.

Rivers
This State is not likely to retain this position if violents are not addressed as early as 2023 as investment destined to Portharcourt might go to places like Akwa Ibom. However, direct flights into the State would keep investment flowing in.

Kano
It would be Hub to Northern manufacturing. It would definitely be a hub for cheap labour in entire Nigeria, with directly links to Niamey, Lagos, Abuja and others by rail, flights etc. It's going to be a successful State.

Oyo
This State would have several similarities with Wuhan of China. Medical, research and innovations, would be second to none, with direct links by rail with North-South, it would serve as a major logistics base and exchange of industrial and agricultural goods. The real estate sector would be outstanding.

Kaduna
This State would be technology State and most developed and well organised with a large number of institutions in the entire Northern Nigeria. Direct connection with Abuja would drive her real estate sector among other businesses.

Ondo
This State would have similar economy structure with Akwa Ibom, ranging from agric products, manufacturing, etc. It would also serve as a connection between regions for businesses.

Kebbi
If her peaceful atmosphere is sustained, this State would house agric finished products with wide spread of wealth among her citizens.

Delta
Delta would house and control a lot of businesses with influx of wealth from neighbours. The State would leverage on shortage of commercial lands from her neighbours. The State would be directly linked with successful cities by rails, roads and flights for large commercial activities.

Olominira's Opinion
https://www.nairaland.com/5948391/opinion-nigeria-economy-state-gdps

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by Patrioticman007(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:

Ok as a President where will you site your own Agricultural Commodity market? Is it in Aba or Onitsha where farming isn't a commercial activity but trading and manufacturing

Tell them the truth.

1 Like

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by Ezmans: 10:33am On Jun 27, 2020
internationalman:
Wow wow just beautiful..

Kano the number one state in north.
Audio government with audio market
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by VirginSearcher(m): 10:34am On Jun 27, 2020
DeRay98:

[s]What's your headache, did anybody stop your state govt from building same facility?
The North has always been more productive in farming and agro business all along and most are private farm businesses.
In the South we look for easy and quick ways to make money and spend it overnight.
So go use your sense well.[/s].
Y'all can't make a comment without insult. Just the same way we are more productive in education, trades etc. And note there are core predominant farmers in the South too. If the North can do their agro-business in there region why bring cows to the South to come and kill people?
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by VirginSearcher(m): 10:37am On Jun 27, 2020
Bighead9:

[s]Cry me a River.

The North feed this Country, hence the reason the project is sited there.[/s]

I know u are a BMC boy so no point explaining to u. North is not only feeding the country but the whole world. Yeye!
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by VirginSearcher(m): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2020
Olominira:

What about Akwa Ibom State? State govts should be on tight competition in everything. Every state govt is supposed to be adding at least 5 factories a year such that Nigerian market would be saturated and take the competition to African markets for dominance.

From automobile manufacturing, textile, agric processed products, furniture, etc. The population and markets are there, resources are there, spaces are there, FG/CBN/Banks/Intl financing are available, intelligent, young and educated graduates are plenty. What else do we need that can't be addressed?
Its likely the bolded are the ones funding these projects since they are the ones in power and Buhari being an ethnic jingoist who would like to site everything in the North is possible.
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by livebyday(m): 10:39am On Jun 27, 2020
[s]
Olominira:
Nigeria is on the go!

NIGERIA ECONOMY BY STATES GDPs IN 2030
1. Lagos
2. Ogun
3. Akwa Ibom
4. Rivers
5. Kano
6. Oyo
7. Kaduna
8. Ondo
9. Kebbi
10. Delta

https://www.nairaland.com/5948391/opinion-nigeria-economy-state-gdps
[/s]

Trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by QuotaSystem: 10:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Moustache1:

There is no hidden agenda. The FG had been clear on its policy on economic diversification especially through agriculture, but you people were too busy insulting the President to reason accordingly. Furthermore, this is a PRIVATE initiative so don't blame anyone for your inability to innovate and take advantage of opportunities when they emerge.

Moustache1:

The North is not politically destabilised as we remain the most united bloc in the country (NW, NE & NC), that title is for the internally displaced people of Biafra.

In addition, we are not sitting on our arms waiting for "oyel money" because of the insecurity challenges we are faced with. We are striving to be self sufficient while dealing with our societal challenges and by God's grace we are surging forward.

The North is marching on strong and rising educationally (enrolment is at an all time high and the almajiri system is gradually being phased out), economically, and infrastructurally, so you should face front and demand accountability from your failed leaders while you use your brains to develop ways to exploit any opportunities that emerge, instead of looking for the North to blame for your woes.

Otherwise I'll have to agree with your last statement; you are in trouble.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by FLOTAN(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2020
This is highly commendable as it will encourage more production and revenue for the farmers and also boost export.
Beyond this, we should graduate to the next stage being processing of our agricultural products to increase the value addition and earn more. With time and consistency, we should take over the entire value chain and export finished products.

On the other matter....invest in Real Estates with as little as N.6m. Take the first step by checking my profile for existing offers.
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by sirp9898(m): 10:46am On Jun 27, 2020
Your are a kid you always like this s w and s e hatred keep promoting it

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by sirp9898(m): 10:46am On Jun 27, 2020
Your are a kid you always like this s w and s e hatred keep promoting it

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by Burruchaga71(m): 10:48am On Jun 27, 2020
tillaman:
Wow this is very great
But how come Everything is going to the north
These folks don dey settle themselves in case everything scatter, I really don’t know what PYO is doing other than running errands, PMB kept his poor arse occupied
. U just said my mind. Was these build with Kano state money?
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by SocialJustice: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2020
This is the type of news one needs to wake up to every day.

1 Like

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by blessedchild234(m): 10:54am On Jun 27, 2020
Its good to create a system that works that you dont have to bribe people to do their job.

Good development , kudos to FG, are the achitectural pictures above the supposed plan? If yea then I wish them God speed in thier endeavors. And who else notices that all these great infrastructure are situated far north?
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by Nairalandmonika: 10:54am On Jun 27, 2020
Moustache1:

I think this is a private business tho, ion think bits federal government.
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by odaniel1(m): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2020
First, we complain the North is not developed then we complain at their efforts to?
What kind of hypocrisy?

1 Like

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by kingimmaculate(m): 11:01am On Jun 27, 2020
nice one.
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by QuotaSystem: 11:02am On Jun 27, 2020
airminem:
Blookus. Never before have i seen a nigerian president utilize the common wealth of the people (private sec. BS) to subvert the system for a region and punish the common majority all in the name of politics sad

Blookus.

It is a private sector led initiative and is the first of its kind in Nigeria. The market is positioned to be the largest commercial one-stop hub for both domestic and export market for international standard agro commodities in Nigeria. The Market is integrated with a trading platform; Gezawa Commodity Exchange (GCMX), where agricultural commodities will be traded live 24/7 online.

2 Likes

Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by Moustache1: 11:03am On Jun 27, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

I think this is a private business tho, ion think bits federal government.
Oh!..you think it private business?..then why the sudden movement of all private investors to the north?..or is there a jewel in the north we are not aware of..Bro, this is political... Use your head
Re: Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market by Bighead9: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2020
VirginSearcher:

I know u are a BMC boy so no point explaining to u. North is not only feeding the country but the whole world. Yeye!

E pain this man well well grin grin grin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Bank Has Been Built In Igbogbo Ikorodu, Finally (Photo) / Naira Tumbles To N435/$1 At Official Market As CBN Adjusts Forex Rate / Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.