Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma (45067 Views)

Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ArticleBeast: 1:02pm On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:

Only a dunce would ask for a link on location of anyone

When last have you seen ominimi in news in Ibadan? Even all throughout Seyi's scam covid 19 pretence
Then shut up if you can't prove it

My last reply

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Ellasure: 1:02pm On Jun 27, 2020
let us live life with courage not with fear. just keep staying in one place forever does not mean danger will not come to meet you there. Baba God is in charge all the time. Don't mind your doctors and babalawo, two of a kind, covid 19 is here to stay and we either adapt to it by experiments with it or die all.

Gov Seyi Makinde is of the Donald Trump kind of mankind. Ready to go and solutions filled. little fear but more of searches. you are in the safest hand. let us trust their decision mechanism and procedure. it will end well.

there is no country that is not troubled by covid_19 currently. we cannot afford lock down because of our stomach and other well being issues of life.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by obonujoker(m): 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2020
Harbdulrasaq:
Nigeria’s problems are not the illiterates; they are the half educated! People who actually went to school and graduated but never seem to apply the knowledge!

1. School resumes for what reason in this global pandemic? WAEC is West African based so we can’t write SSCE even if school resumes; Economic reasons? When inter state travels are relatively still locked; JSS3 Exams? How many of you collected yours to further your education

2. If coronavirus is false; let them resume schools and see the outcome; Israel had to shutdown schools back; so let’s learn from Oyo

3. School and education; very important but after this lockdown, economic reforms should be top priority not opening schools

Ogbeni, education holds the economy... Open schools now and see how the economy will boom!

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by bergs2: 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2020
Harbdulrasaq:
Nigeria’s problems are not the illiterates; they are the half educated! People who actually went to school and graduated but never seem to apply the knowledge!

1. School resumes for what reason in this global pandemic? WAEC is West African based so we can’t write SSCE even if school resumes; Economic reasons? When inter state travels are relatively still locked; JSS3 Exams? How many of you collected yours to further your education

2. If coronavirus is false; let them resume schools and see the outcome; Israel had to shutdown schools back; so let’s learn from Oyo

3. School and education; very important but after this lockdown, economic reforms should be top priority not opening schools

Na ur papa born u.
Oil dey ur head.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by mrsteel: 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
Rebuke:
Confused lots.

Yhu want everywhere to open but you don't want schools to open.

Most of yhu go out without face mask nor use hand sanitizer and yhu return home to yhur kids; dumbos, that's also putting yhur kids and family at risk.

Yhu don't want schools to resume, but yhu want the government to open everywhere.

What sort of people are yhu guys?

Look, go to ogunpa market, iyana oja, Gbagi and other popular markets in Ibdan and see how exposed these people go about their usual business and nothing like strange death anywhere around there.

Who are those people in those markets? Aliens?

Don't they get back home to their kids and family?

How have they being doing it without any fear or worries of contacting the virus?

Dumb citizens of a country governed by dumb and brainless leaders.

Yhu people should leave Makinde alone. He's one governor I've seen with sense.

Others are just follow follow without any meaningful contribution or solution to the so called virus.

God bless u jare
The thing tire me
It only show we have no value for education in this part of the world. If govt can open worship centers, I see no reason schools should be closed. Children also go to churches too.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Naijaarchive(m): 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
obonujoker:

Which Virtual classes oga?? Which Virtual classes??

You must think you are in America o grin

grin i tìre..

How many pupils/students/parents and teachers that haven't been paid for the past 3-4 months have access to internet... Virtual classes can't work successfully in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by mrsteel: 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
KanwuIiaExtra:
broke parents who can't afford their fees be hiding under flimsy excuses saying it's suicidal.
mtchew
God bless u jare!
My thought as well
Those parents are all trying to run from the burden that comes with school finance.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by slimanyd: 1:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
KanwuIiaExtra:
while the evil NCDC will increase cases.
useless people

Lol. Those one's dey catch out on daily basis
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by mayor1814: 1:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
If the exit classes resume, will they do WAEC / NECO or common entrance before their other colleagues in other states? I think the state needs to be careful and patient .

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by duality(m): 1:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
All the people against this policy go out every day.

The children also go out so what's the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by obonujoker(m): 1:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
Naijaarchive:

grin i tìre..

How many pupils/students/parents and teachers that haven't been paid for the past 3-4 months have access to internet... Virtual classes can't work successfully in Nigeria

It can never work bro... Even those living in high brow areas are complaining, what then should we say of people living in Ketu, Oworo, Mafoluku, Ajangbadi etc, where will they get money to buy Data??

Some people will just come on social media and say thrash without having a wider view of perspective??

Abeg wetin person wey dey live for inside one village in katsina or inside on village in ohafia, know about online teaching??

Schools should reopen with safety precautions

5 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ArticleBeast: 1:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
Then government should stop the payment of salaries since workers are not doing work or service. We can at least channel it to the fight against the virus.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ukpahu(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
a b u zaria

1 Share

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by mrsteel: 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
How are those parents been selfish?

Speaking about students immunity to the virus been high okay what about their parents (with weak immune system) who they will return to after school?
Who do parents return to after work? undecided
Go to any market and see how crowded the place will be. If markets and worship centers can be opened, I see no sensible reason in closing schools.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by colestephan86: 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
2mercy:
• Move Is Suicidal, Say Parents.

• It’s Insensitive – FG.

• We’re Concerned About Safety Of Teachers, Pupils, Admits NUT

• We Are Ready For Any Eventuality – State Govt

https://m.guardian.ng/news/parents-teachers-in-dilemma-as-oyo-re-opens-schools-on-monday/
Dooms days fast approaching! Was at Ibadan 3 days ago, I saw first hand total disregard for the COVID-19 safety protocol, 6 persons in those small taxi cabs including the driver.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by mrsteel: 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
Pweetyccee:
Pls dey should open everywhere ooo am tired of staying at home
Your mouth will be very good for kissing
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Seetto: 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
flyingpig:

Rubbish, he will win with landslide.

There is no way enough classes won't be available for exit classes of JS3 and SS3 to finish their terms, especially when everyother classes are empty and the pupils to stay home for the meantime.

If they are awaiting for vaccine, they should wait for next six years to resume school.

GP tanks containing liquid soaps are in place at each school entry, and all pupils, staff, teachers will wear their face masks, likewise they will be all tested.

So save your fears
Your Monika said it all, I will not be surprised if your physical looks says no difference,

Do all the mushrooms schools or epileptic funded government schools have the capacity to test students, the cost of testing an individual for covid-19 is N50,000, can states or private schools afford the cost..

Isreal, a rich nation and a well organized place were forced to close schools just a week after opening when pupils were testing positive to Corona virus..

Makinde is using politics to play kalokalo with people's life..

I
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by kozmokaz(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
How are those parents been selfish?

Speaking about students immunity to the virus been high okay what about their parents (with weak immune system) who they will return to after school?

Same parents are out there in the crowded markets , churches mosques, let’s face it here ... there is lower chances of spreading the virus in our schools ... unlike the aforementioned places

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by bluefilm: 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hahahaha grin

I never knew a day like this will come when people will be so scared of ordinary malaria and catarrh like this.

This will show you how powerful the media is and how they can easily & comfortably turn ordinary malaria, cough and catarrh into the most dangerous contagious disease the world has ever seen.

Unfortunately for them all, you cannot continue to deceive ALL the people ALL the time!

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by kozmokaz(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

And to their parents...?

Same parents are in the markets ...buses ... churches ... mosques ...
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by KingWarri: 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2020
tesppidd:
This discussion about kids resuming school is not one I even consider at all.

It's not up for discuss.

opening of churches, mosques and markets are to be considered right
When our market places are overcrowded despite the increase of Covid19 cases...
please open schools joor....

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by LordPherule(m): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
Foremost, the poster is a confused person, also an ignorant, a miscreant that don't get information right before relaying it to others. The school is not opening on Monday, thou there are good moves ongoing to reopen the schools for the top classes.

Nothing bad if schools reopen, there will be measures. The kids are even tired, parents are also tired. Education must not stop. Don't underestimate the essence of education in an economy. Other countries have started schools. Nothing bad if other states should copy Oyo State. Peeps are just biased in judgment.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by miriamchi(f): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
Please if you are close to any school in Oyo state please refer my alcohol based hand sanitizer to them.
5litres is 5,000.

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by kozmokaz(m): 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:

Their old teachers nko? How about retransmitting it to older lesser immune parents

Is your useless JSS3 certificate and WAEC any benefitial to your whole life to kill yourself over

Didn't Obaseki just proof to us you can be a Governor with only 3 credits

Well my jss3 certificate might be useless

But my ss3 is not ... maybe yours is ...
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by hero2000: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
A lot of first commenters are very intelligent people unlike some other threads.

Oyo government is not risking the lives of children as many people say. He is being realistic here where other governors hiding their heads in the sand. Come to think about it. The children are the least vulnerable to Covid-19 anywhere in the world. Those are waiting for children to die in hundreds in Oyo State will be disappointed.

These same children are playing ball all over the place; some are hawking, selling in markets, etc. They have not been dropping dead with all those exposures. It is now schools will start killing them!Lol!

Schools have been asked to raise their disease prevention protocol. Students must wear masks, wash their hands, maintain social distance, etc. In Bodija market, none of those protocols are followed and thankfully, Covid-19 has not killed many of our people.

Makinde may go down as a leader who saw ahead of others, including the baba in aso rock.
He says Covid-199 will be hear a long time. Cases will keep rising till 2022. Will we keep our schools shut till then?

Finally, someone said let's shutdown till vaccine comes. Do you have an idea of the cost of the vaccine? Is it this govt that cannot give 10k palliative to it's citizens that will procure vaccines for 200m people? Answer me!

9 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by sonymax16(m): 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2020
Truetalk3139:
all these hypocrisy the parents are playing should just stop, its better they say they don't have money for the school fees yet and the government should look for means to help them.

These kids play all around the hood with their friends (classmates) and non of them is feeling sick or something, so why is it in their class rooms they will fall sick.

Governor Makinde God bless you for attempting to take the huge step, I hope NCDC won't start broadcasting that cases in your state have tripled.

I have felt the symptoms of Covid19 like 4 different times since January till now and I've recovered on my own with my herbs and body pain drugs (Panadol) so the virus is just over hyped and not dangerous as we were told.

FG please open our schools!
Don't mind those hypocritical parents.Their children play around in the streets, they go to markets, go on errands, etc.How many of them have been infected with covid19.The same parents don't even wear facemasks in public.The same parents will still take their children to church when religious centers are open.Yet they are opposed to opening skools.Let their children stay at home naa till WHO amd western countries that we worship find a cure.Kudos to the Oyo state governor....let final yr classes resume and write their exams

7 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by obonujoker(m): 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2020
Seetto:

Your Monika said it all, I will not be surprised if your physical looks says no difference,

Do all the mushrooms schools or epileptic funded government schools have the capacity to test students, the cost of testing an individual for covid-19 is N50,000, can states or private schools afford the cost..

Isreal, a rich nation and a well organized place were forced to close schools just a week after opening when pupils were testing positive to Corona virus..

Makinde is using politics to play kalokalo with people's life..

I

Bro, it's only primary 6, jss3, and ss3 that are resuming now.....
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by donmik: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2020
Those are the views of only a parent, FG and NUT which is not that of 200 million Nigerians.
I don't blame them. Lassa fever has no money to make from. Who cares suspends schools anywhere?
No man rules forever@President, Boss and ministers sharing from this scam and hoax
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by hero2000: 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Seetto:
It will be practically impossible for makinde to win second term..

I think he won't win only if doesn't contest.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by kozmokaz(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How are the parents selfish?

Don’t they go to markets ?

Buses et al?
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by LordPherule(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
KingWarri:

opening of churches, mosques, and markets are to be considered right
When our market places are overcrowded despite the increase of Covid19 cases...
please open schools joor....

Thank you, there have been no shutting down of markets despite the increasing toll. To open schools where proper measure can be taken is now an issue for them. Religious centers are opened, I went to observe one yesterday where we were shoulder to shoulder, no social distancing. So peeps are to constitute more to nuisance by not buying the idea of opening the school.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Jakemedg(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
kozmokaz:

Same parents are out there in the crowded markets , churches mosques, let’s face it here ... there is lower chances of spreading the virus in our schools ... unlike the aforementioned places
I can't say for markets but for the church i do attend and other churches and mosques i have noticed compliance with the social distancing order but for schools you and i know that the social distancing rule can't work in schools

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures - Finally, I Am A Graduate!! - Thank God - Viviangist.com / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To University Of Uyo / Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.