Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma (45115 Views)

FG Approves Reopening Of Universities, Polytechnics, Unity Schools On October 12 / COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools / Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by BaddyB: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
How are those parents been selfish?

Speaking about students immunity to the virus been high okay what about their parents (with weak immune system) who they will return to after school?
Then they should keep their kids at home
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by kozmokaz(m): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
tesppidd:
A lot of children go to school in keke and public transportation.

You think that it is every child that is conveyed to school in an air conditioned SUV?

A lot of parents go to markets by buses and taxis

Yet they all haven’t died ?

I know what I’m saying here bro

Fact is over 10million Nigerians so fa have recovered from this virus with out even knowing
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by SavageBoy: 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
Rebuke:
Confused lots.

Yhu want everywhere to open but you don't want schools to open.

Most of yhu go out without face mask nor use hand sanitizer and yhu return home to yhur kids; dumbos, that's also putting yhur kids and family at risk.

Yhu don't want schools to resume, but yhu want the government to open everywhere.

What sort of people are yhu guys?

Look, go to ogunpa market, iyana oja, Gbagi and other popular markets in Ibdan and see how exposed these people go about their usual business and nothing like strange death anywhere around there.

Who are those people in those markets? Aliens?

Don't they get back home to their kids and family?

How have they being doing it without any fear or worries of contacting the virus?

Dumb citizens of a country governed by dumb and brainless leaders.

Yhu people should leave Makinde alone. He's one governor I've seen with sense.

Others are just follow follow without any meaningful contribution or solution to the so called virus.

Don't mind them.

They are afraid of paying school fees and not the virus

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by chatinent: 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
Seems Oyo state is tired of the Scamdemic. With a thousand cases it reopens but FG is too greedy to stop soliciting money and painting the country swallowed by the virus.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Jakemedg(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
kozmokaz:

Social distancing can work in sch

It’s just simple... same way it worked in churches

Proper spacing in lecture halls (maybe 100-200level can still stay back cause they probably still do general courses)

Decontamination of schools every weekend ...

Use of face mask by students

Lectures keeping to there timing and not giving lectures under hot weather condition ...

Beside most schools where at the verge of writing the semester exams before the lockdown... and we all know that there is always enough halls for exams cheesy

Lastly mandatory pocket sanitizers for returning students
Guy how can the social distancing rule work in a department of over 300 students. Most of our higher institutions weren't built with proper spacing .If you say some students should stay back home there would still be problem
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by mrsteel: 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
KanwuIiaExtra:
especially as economy come crash we understand, but they should come out plain grin
Very true
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Seetto: 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Says Ikechukwu from Abia state
In your mind now, abi Igbo, I can see the facelessness of nairaland forum is abnormal..
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by olusma23(m): 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
I don't want to comment on this school resumption saga because many parent are selfish. They go out without observing any NCDC protocol but when it comes to Children should resume back to school, you will start hearing Corona is outside.

I only feel concern for Public school because private school student can be well monitor.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by eisley: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
I think the lockdown should still hold until we are able to completely contain the spread, it boggles my mind how people still believe the pandemic is a hoax, regardless of your believe, do stay safe.

Meanwhile do you know you can take your account with you everywhere ? With GTBank Mobile Wallet, you can manage your account on the go and also perform swift transactions, all at your convenience.

Simply dial *737# on your mobile phone to get started.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by bluecircle470: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
slimanyd:
After a week , FG will also toil the path of Oyo state as well. All the covid 19 System GSM is using, FG later adopted it . Watch out for school resumption all over the country after a week or 2 weeks once Oyo state does there's

I hope una no go regret this
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Flier: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2020
Most people won’t take this virus serious till it kills their parents
The children are safe but they can infect their parent and kill them,if you love yourself don’t allow your children to go to school
I know we have to take the risk at some point but it’s not the right time

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by tesppidd: 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2020
kozmokaz:

A lot of parents go to markets by buses and taxis

Yet they all haven’t died ?

I know what I’m saying here bro

Fact is over 10million Nigerians so fa have recovered from this virus with out even knowing
Covid 19 is still real and here.

Adults are still relatively more conscious about using masks, washing hands, keeping hands away from faces, than kids.

The lesser the number of people out in the streets the better.

The less the better.

If kids miss a year at school in order to ensure their safely better. They won't die.

After all ASUU have been striking in this country for years.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by flyingpig: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
Seetto:

Your Monika said it all, I will not be surprised if your physical looks says no difference,

Do all the mushrooms schools or epileptic funded government schools have the capacity to test students, the cost of testing an individual for covid-19 is N50,000, can states or private schools afford the cost..

Isreal, a rich nation and a well organized place were forced to close schools just a week after opening when pupils were testing positive to Corona virus..

Makinde is using politics to play kalokalo with people's life..

I

Is Nigeria Israel?

If Makinde is using politics to play kalokalo with people's life, what is Buhari using our life to play as with regards to COVID-19 ?

He ordered lockdown without palliatives, who does that? The Israel you are comparing, did they lock their children and citizens back without palliatives?

Be giving agege bread for each person and call it palliatives when Trump is gifting each taxpayer over N120,000.00

If Makinde is a bad man, Buhari is the devil.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by kozmokaz(m): 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
Guy how can the social distancing rule work in a department of over 300 students. Most of our higher institutions weren't built with proper spacing .If you say some students should stay back home there would still be problem

Talking about higher institutions... most of this students stay in lodges and hostels , therefore making it technically impossible to transmit the virus to there parents who should be at home ... and the last time I checked the younger ones have higher (about 99.07%) of pulling through with this virus with out even knowing the my had it .... also don’t you think it would even help in flatting the curve ?
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by zealousayo(m): 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
How are those parents been selfish?

Speaking about students immunity to the virus been high okay what about their parents (with weak immune system) who they will return to after school?
For your information, here in Ibadan, people do not take this Covid-19 serious. No use of face mask whatsoever even in the market, no physical distancing, children play around from house to house. Everybody is living his or her normal life. Since they have opened religious places of worship, markets, so why can't the children go to School? School or no school, the children and parents here do not care. Those that are against this are those public school teachers receiving free money without working. There's no end in sight for now, so, will they continue to stay at home like that?
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by DenreleDave(m): 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2020
tesppidd:
Nonsense.

Churches - Yes, with strict social distancing and sanity.

Mosques - Yes, with strict social distancing and sanity.

Markets - No, unless they can reorganize the markets to maintain social distancing and sanity.

Schools - Never, until corona is defeated.

Majority of school people from primary school, secondary school and to higher institutions ( No less than 70 percent) go to school and from school by public transportation.
The little kids become endangered species.

No No No to redemption of schools.

Say uche from ebonyi

Whether u like it or not, we are resuming school
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by flyingpig: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
Rebuke:
Confused lots.

Yhu want everywhere to open but you don't want schools to open.

Most of yhu go out without face mask nor use hand sanitizer and yhu return home to yhur kids; dumbos, that's also putting yhur kids and family at risk.

Yhu don't want schools to resume, but yhu want the government to open everywhere.

What sort of people are yhu guys?

Look, go to ogunpa market, iyana oja, Gbagi and other popular markets in Ibdan and see how exposed these people go about their usual business and nothing like strange death anywhere around there.

Who are those people in those markets? Aliens?

Don't they get back home to their kids and family?

How have they being doing it without any fear or worries of contacting the virus?

Dumb citizens of a country governed by dumb and brainless leaders.

Yhu people should leave Makinde alone. He's one governor I've seen with sense.

Others are just follow follow without any meaningful contribution or solution to the so called virus.

Seetto should thoroughly read this.

Jakemedg too and tesppidd too.

I trust Makinde to continue with school resumption.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by SavageBoy: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
colestephan86:

Dooms days fast approaching! Was at Ibadan 3 days ago, I saw first hand total disregard for the COVID-19 safety protocol, 6 persons in those small taxi cabs including the driver.

I'm not sure you've been to Lagosundecided
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by kozmokaz(m): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
tesppidd:
Covid 19 is still real and here.

Adults are still relatively more conscious about using masks, washing hands, keeping hands away from faces, than kids.

The lesser the number of people out in the streets the better.

The less the better.

If kids miss a year at school in order to ensure their safely better. They won't die.

After all ASUU have been striking in this country for years.

The virus is real no doubt ... but have you gone through the data of the causalities?
Most of them are 40 upwards with previous Health issues (especially kidney , lungs , and liver or in some cases obesity)

Opening up the schools could even be a blessing in disguise because it definitely would help flatten the curve
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Jakemedg(m): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
zealousayo:

For your information, here in Ibadan, people do not take this Covid-19 serious. No use of face mask whatsoever even in the market, no physical distancing, children play around from house to house. Everybody is living his or her normal life. Since they have opened religious places of worship, markets, so why can't the children go to School? School or no school, the children and parents here do not care. Those that are against this are those public school teachers receiving free money without working. There's no end in sight for now, so, will they continue to stay at home like that?
Okay i just hope opening up schools won't spike up cases in Oyo
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by tesppidd: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
DenreleDave:

Say uche from ebonyi

Whether u like it or not, we are resuming school
grin

So says Shukuratu from one brown roof batcher room in Ogbomosho.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by fergie001: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
KanwuIiaExtra:
God bless you boss.
Uwese
Bless you too, Ma'am
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by tesppidd: 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
flyingpig:

He can do whatever.

That's how he organized a pdp rally and shared covid.

If he like sef make him open ashawo house and viewing centre.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by DenreleDave(m): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
tesppidd:
grin
So says Shukuratu from one brown roof batcher room in Ogbomosho.
Yes ooo.. Leave oyo matter for oyo people.
Face ebonyi
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by DenreleDave(m): 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
tesppidd:
He can do whatever.
That's how he organized a pdp rally and shared covid.
If he like sef make him open ashawo house and viewing centre.
Cry me river... Una govt no get balls

Makinde will open whether all ur people from SE like it or not
Shukudi, be careful gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by tesppidd: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
DenreleDave:

Yes ooo.. Leave oyo matter for oyo people.

Face ebonyi
You are at the wrong place.

Nairaland matter nor be state by state.

You be learner?
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by tesppidd: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2020
DenreleDave:

Cry me river... Una govt no get balls

Makinde will open whether all ur people from SE like it or not

Shukudi, be careful gringringrin
Hafisatu abi na Shukuratu mind yasef.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by DenreleDave(m): 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
tesppidd:
You are at the wrong place.

Nairaland matter nor be state by state.

You be learner?

Ok. Let's see if your rant on nairaland will stop us from opening school tmao

Una go just wail tire, we are opening that school tmao.. Do whatever u Wana do from ebonyi, we dont Kia gringrin

GSM opens school tmao grin
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by DenreleDave(m): 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
tesppidd:
Hafisatu abi na Shukuratu mind yasef.

Our oyo our state

Mind ur ikpeazu, leave Makinde for us
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Ekpekaycee: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2020
When school reopen, soon parents will have to caugh out something for school fees and most parents, especially those whose children are in private schools, don't have any money for that now so they use the excuse that it is not safe yet to not want schools to reopen now.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Flier: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2020
bluefilm:

Part of all these Corona virus COVID19 hullabaloo is just to get Mr. Trump out of office.

So expect CNN and co in conjunction with the WHO to continue spinning more and more yarns & telling ludicrous lies and scaring the people just to make them to continue blaming Mr Trump for the Wuhan virus and as such, subsequently vote him out in November!

Except you are pretty much aware of what is going on, the media can make you believe that Eve was created before Adam!!!
If you have been following world politics since the 1990s you will understand that Trump is a threat to humanity and earth may not survive another 4 years of Trump
United state as a world police can not afford to adopt a protectionist system of government because everything in this world revolves around USA leadership
If you follow Trump and read all his tweets during the Ebola virus epidemics you will understand he adopted the same system early this year and that led us to where we are right now
Have you ever wonder why there was no pandemic since we were born(the last was 1918)? And why there is no more war around the world? It’s just because all the organizations set up after the world war 2 were working perfectly until they were all dismantled in 2016 by Trump through NIKKEY HARLEY
United nation has about 21 branches,USA has pulled out of about 14 there by rendering it useless or handed it over to evil government who happened to be next highest donor after usa
In the last few years Trump has made lot of decision that is affecting me and you today or will probably kill us
Do you know how many free immunization the babies are getting in Nigeria ? About 14 now tell me how are they going to get it after Trump stop funding the UN?
All the free family planning? How are we going to get it
Corona virus vaccine because UN announced they will need 31 billion dollars to vaccinate the world,where are they going to get the money without Usa funding,mind you Europeans are already paying deposit to buy the vaccine to vaccinate their citizen, where is our government going to get the money to buy the vaccine without UN
Do you know Trump wanted to buy the vaccine for USA alone? he offered German company 2billion dollars to make it for USA alone but German government stopped the deal,he also tried to hijack French company researching the vaccine
The list goes on
You guys may not realize how bad TRUMP is and how he is killing the world till it’s too late

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Jakemedg(m): 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
flyingpig:

I can't stop Gov.Makinde from opening up schools but i pray it won't spike up covid 19 cases

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

#JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out / Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie / Thread For SEPLAT Undergraduate Scholarship 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.