Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma (45064 Views)

COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools / Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Solsix(m): 12:28am On Jun 28, 2020
TONYE001:
Wow..

I hope these guys know what they are doing...

It's time to watch as events unfold. I'm sure other states would learn a thing or two from the Oyo State Government..
There is nothing wrong with opening up. Every sector of the economy is open, market, churches even aviation. Mind u these children don't stay at home. The roam about the street playing football or doing and other thing. Locking up school have not been helpful. Private school teachers have not been paid a dime . Let the school be open but with strict observation
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by amrichy(m): 2:42am On Jun 28, 2020
KingWarri:

Same parents who refuse to observe social distancing in public places— Parents indeed..

#OpenSchools

So because some parents are stupid and ignorant, the government too should be reckless?

#CloseSchoolsforNow
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by KoeChz(m): 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
Saintinoo:

One thing about Nigerian is that we like condeming without looking closely at issues, sooner or later the Min of Edu will take thesame step OYO state govt took to allow pupils of exist class resume, for God sake how many are they, allowing Jss 3, SS 3 to resume is not a big deal.
Abi o. A lot of these kids including junior ones are already attending private tutorials with no guildlines, supervision or preventive measures
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by KoeChz(m): 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How are the parents selfish?
they go about their own businesses with little or no protection, totally exposed and stil return home to these kids.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
KoeChz:
they go about their own businesses with little or no protection, totally exposed and stil return home to these kids.

Myself and my 3 neighbours are still working from home home, same is applicable to most of the houses in the neighbourhood
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by dammiecool(m): 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
Karlifate:

The same parents that are going to Gbagi Market, Ogunpa Market & several other markets?!
Lol
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by KingWarri: 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
amrichy:

So because some parents are stupid and ignorant, the government too should be reckless?

#CloseSchoolsforNow
You don't like school so I'm not surprised
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by PDSI(m): 8:30am On Jun 29, 2020
Bold but risky move.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by KoeChz(m): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Myself and my 3 neighbours are still working from home home, same is applicable to most of the houses in the neighbourhood
u can only defend yourself. Here in oyo markets are opened. In osun and lagos too, the big markets are opened people traveled interstate, political party just conducted governorshp primaries across the state, soon campagne wil start and electn wil hold. Lets stop deceiving ourself. Let us embrace the test run school resumptn by makinde in oyo state.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:00am On Jun 29, 2020
KoeChz:
u can only defend yourself. Here in oyo markets are opened. In osun and lagos too, the big markets are opened people traveled interstate, political party just conducted governorshp primaries across the state, soon campagne wil start and electn wil hold. Lets stop deceiving ourself. Let us embrace the test run school resumptn by makinde in oyo state.

Markets are opened on one day on one day off basis, workers in corporate settings, service sector, non production workers in the manufacturing sector are still working from home
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by KoeChz(m): 11:36am On Jun 29, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Markets are opened on one day on one day off basis, workers in corporate settings, service sector, non production workers in the manufacturing sector are still working from home
u just looking for cheap ways to discredit the governor. It is not total resumptn for God sake, just abt 20% of stdnts those in transitn classes js3, ss3, primary 6 alone. Protocols r already in place in compliance wt guildlines by the presidential taskforce on covid19. U cant keep these at home forever. Infact they already attendn tutorials, tutorials that doesnt follow preventv measures. Allow the man of vision to perform his oath of office. He knows his onus.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by SirWarlock: 1:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
KoeChz:
u just looking for cheap ways to discredit the governor. It is not total resumptn for God sake, just abt 20% of stdnts those in transitn classes js3, ss3, primary 6 alone. Protocols r already in place in compliance wt guildlines by the presidential taskforce on covid19. U cant keep these at home forever. Infact they already attendn tutorials, tutorials that doesnt follow preventv measures. Allow the man of vision to perform his oath of office. He knows his onus.
protocols like? grin. If they were protocols would we still be debating on the way forward now?
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by KoeChz(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
SirWarlock:
protocols like? grin. If they were protocols would we still be debating on the way forward now?
agreed. But while the federal government is looking irresponsible, shld the states also follow suit. Proactive measures has to start from somewhere, by someone. Politics is business as usual, ordinary social distancy is nt even observed in al ds political gathering and heaven didnt fall. I support the test run resumption and i give it two weeks and you wil see other states fllw suit.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by slimanyd: 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
SirWarlock:

Now that Una FG has followed suit, what did you have to say now
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by SirWarlock: 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
slimanyd:

Now that Una FG has followed suit, what did you have to say now
I'm waiting for the protocols for the 'safe reopening' also sad. It's not hard if they can show they got this.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by SirWarlock: 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
KoeChz:
agreed. But while the federal government is looking irresponsible, shld the states also follow suit. Proactive measures has to start from somewhere, by someone. Politics is business as usual, ordinary social distancy is nt even observed in al ds political gathering and heaven didnt fall. I support the test run resumption and i give it two weeks and you wil see other states fllw suit.
Well like you said we must start from somewhere. If they can actually restart safely and successful at that then they deserve all the lauds. Just that I don't see how they can go about it, especially without a hitch somewhere.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by KoeChz(m): 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
SirWarlock:
Well like you said we must start from somewhere. If they can actually restart safely and successful at that then they deserve all the lauds. Just that I don't see how they can go about it, especially without a hitch somewhere.
i hope you heard boss mustapha loud and clear on the report by the ptf on covid19 which include "safe reopening" of schools.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by SirWarlock: 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
KoeChz:
i hope you heard boss mustapha loud and clear on the report by the ptf on covid19 which include "safe reopening" of schools.
We'll see how it goes, Nigeria considered grin.
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by obonujoker(m): 12:46am On Jun 30, 2020
SirWarlock:
We'll see how it goes, Nigeria considered grin.

Why are you do concerned about schools reopening... Are you owing school fees??
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by SirWarlock: 3:25am On Jun 30, 2020
obonujoker:

Why are you do concerned about schools reopening... Are you owing school fees??
umm because it's a national issue . Are you a parent??
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by obonujoker(m): 7:06am On Jun 30, 2020
SirWarlock:
umm because it's a national issue . Are you a parent??

Why aren't you concerned about children who do various lessons in their vicinity?

Why aren't you concerned about children who go to the market with their parents to interact with different people without safety precautions??

Why aren't you concerned about children who live in a single room face me, I face you apartments, and yet mingle with everyone of the tenants a day??

Why do you think opening of schools will cause the SCAMdemic to increase rapidly, than those points I put up, even though we know schools will follow up with the safety precautions more judiciously??
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Pweetyccee(f): 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
DarIinx01:
eya. Are you a private school teacher
No
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
ukpahu:
pls dont open school

what is the meaning of 'ukpahu'?
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Tohsynetita1: 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
Division is possible without calculator. Don't dull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XJNOx7BFYU

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures - Finally, I Am A Graduate!! - Thank God - Viviangist.com / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To University Of Uyo / Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.