Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? (1743 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) / The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by flyingpig: 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
ibkayee:

If you mean apologizing just for the sake of keeping the peace, even if you genuinely aren't in the wrong, is this healthy? Do you think there are other healthier ways to pacify the situation?

If she is not at fault, and he is ranting, it is better to calm your self down knowing your defence won't come out well, should you open your lips in an angry state.

Like I said, if the OP is not at fault but being shouted at by an elder, best is to keep shut and leave him to rant finish. But don't walk out.

Whenever he's cool, may be after a good dinner, and you both are in bed, but if you are not couples, any other time apart from that fury period, when heads are calm, both yours and his, you can approach and carefully lay down your points of view and express yourself.

Your words should flow out better and in a more respectful tone now that your mood is stable and his too are.

His cool-headedness too at that moment, will let your words sink in and he can see things in your own point of view too.
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Liposure: 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
ibkayee:

Can't see myself giving an apology that isn't warranted just to keep peace
Coming from a woman who knows her right

1 Like

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by merieam16(f): 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2020
It nt really easy,buh just put an invisible padlock on ur mouth while u sit nd look
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Stargurl20(f): 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
merieam16:
It nt really easy,buh just put an invisible padlock on ur mouth while u sit nd look

Lol... This is amusing. Thanks
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by merieam16(f): 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2020
Stargurl20:

Lol... This is amusing. Thanks
u welcome!
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 28, 2020
Mentally count 1-5 before speaking or just look and pass.
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Tapout(m): 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
I just keep quite and in most cases I walk away..tho it's a bit difficult to annoy me or get me upset cos of the kind of person I am cheesy there was an incident that happened in my off camp apartment in sch and I raised my voice, about 70 rooms in that apartment and virtually everyone came out grin grin not cos of I was shouting and threatening the guy in question, but they just wanted to see and know who is this person that finally got to me cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Winneygirl(f): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
I have been on both ends. The hot-hot and the quiet angry one.
I tell you, the quiet one is the mature one. Because in that silence, I am able to articulate my thoughts and when everything is calm, I can talk it out, with clarity and without insults.
Sometimes, you realize in your silence that the situation is not worth your energy and you move on.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Alexaonfleek: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
sad

It is only me that feels like crying when I'm extremely angry

1 Like

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by nautybride: 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
It's easy! Just switch your mind to something highly important that you have in plan and let the other ramble on until the person is quiet, then walk away. It has been working since 1880.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
When I'm "extremely" Angry I don't talk however it will be very dangerous to mistake that for a "go ahead" to rant more. Very dangerous!
I hardly engage in verbal confrontations,and I hardly react to every confrontations (it takes a level of closeness to get a reaction) As a matter of fact, I avoid confrontations.
But then I can be vengeful especially to people close to me. I tend to make people feel what I felt especially if after two warnings they refuse to respect my feelings. I can be vengeful o

What helped me is my upbringing, no matter how much words hurt you , you can never return them or out walk out. This like pouring fire into petrol.grin .So you just sulk it in until whoever is pouring gets tired cry . Not a Nice way of training a Child if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Tapout:
I just keep quite and in most cases I walk away..tho it's a bit difficult to annoy me or get me upset cos of the kind of person I am cheesy there was an incident that happened in my off camp apartment in sch and I raised my voice, about 70 rooms in that apartment and virtually everyone came out grin grin not cos of I was shouting and threatening the guy in question, but they just wanted to see and know who is this person that finally got to me cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin
Were you embarrassed?

You know, I have an issue quoting your posts; E get why? grin
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Hathor5(f): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
Remove yourself from the situation until your head is cool again.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Tapout(m): 5:19am On Jun 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

grin grin grin
Were you embarrassed?

nah..not at all, thinking about it afterwards felt good, especially with the crowd I saw..felt like a college celebrity cheesy

You know, I have an issue quoting your posts; E get why? grin

lol...really ?? Why's that ? sad
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2020
Tapout:

nah..not at all, thinking about it afterwards felt good, especially with the crowd I saw..felt like a college celebrity cheesy

lol...really ?? Why's that ? sad

That's because all your fonts are already bolded, so it's quite hard to make a reference to a particular line.
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Tapout(m): 9:52am On Jun 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

That's because all your fonts are already bolded, so it's quite hard to make a reference to a particular line.

oh...lol, cheesy u can use italics or a coloured font, when I see ur mention I'll understand. Or I could start using normal font cos of u, in return I get a bowl of coconut rice and 2 and half pieces of Chicken laps every weekend. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 10:50am On Jun 29, 2020
Tapout:

oh...lol, cheesy u can use italics or a coloured font, when I see ur mention I'll understand.

I thought about italicising it at first, but it was kinda too much work and I'm mostly about spontaneity, then I was like "wo leaf me" grin
Yeah...call me lazy cool

Or I could start using normal font cos of u, in return I get a bowl of coconut rice and 2 and half pieces of Chicken laps every weekend. grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Make that fried plantains and you have yourself a deal grin

1 Like

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Tapout(m): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

I thought about italicising it at first, but it was kinda too much work and I'm mostly about spontaneity, then I was like "wo leaf me" grin
Yeah...call me lazy cool

okay..lazy grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Make that fried plantains and you have yourself a deal grin

no joy grin grin grin nna eh, what sort of bargain is this? From coconut rice and chicken you've zeroed it down to fried plantain.anyway that could work, what quantity ?? ...fried plantains can be two pieces grin grin I'll accept your deal if the quantity of plantain matches the value of the coconut rice and chicken. As a sign of my willingness to accept ur deal, this is in normal font as u can see cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Tapout:

okay..lazy grin

grin

no joy grin grin grin nna eh, what sort of bargain is this? From coconut rice and chicken you've zeroed it down to fried plantain.anyway that could work, what quantity ?? ...fried plantains can be two pieces grin grin I'll accept your deal if the quantity of plantain matches the value of the coconut rice and chicken. As a sign of my willingness to accept ur deal, this is in normal font as u can see cheesy

What is tapout without his fat fonts right? It's so...tapout-ish cheesy

You know what? To show you how generous I can be, I'll let you keep your fonts and this plate of angelic fried plantains cool

I'll just italicize next time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Tapout(m): 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

grin

What is tapout without his fat fonts right? It's so...tapout-ish cheesy

You know what? To show you how generous I can be, I'll let you keep your fonts and this plate of angelic fried plantains cool

I'll just italicize next time

lol, And that's how I lost both the coconut rice /chicken and fried plantain. Even pot I didn't see.I'll count my losses and move on cheesy cheesy but the plantain inside the plate is just how I like it.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
Tapout:

lol, And that's how I lost both the coconut rice /chicken and fried plantain. Even pot I didn't see.I'll count my losses and move on cheesy cheesy

You didn't see the plate of plantain I sent you?
Check again na
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Tapout(m): 8:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

You didn't see the plate of plantain I sent you?
Check again na

I saw it na...thanks, but it's not what I was expecting,
I was waiting for you to ask for my location so a dispatch rider can deliver it. The picture sef is taunting the hunger and long throat in me...I'm wondering if the lady that sells plantain in at my junction is still around cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
Tapout:

I saw it na...thanks, but it's not what I was expecting,
I was waiting for you to ask for my location so a dispatch rider can deliver it. The picture sef is taunting the hunger and long throat in me...I'm wondering if the lady that sells plantain in at my junction is still around cheesy cheesy

Oh! It's on its way, I swear! grin
I just sent you the picture so that you'd know what it looks like when it arrives.
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by frozen70(f): 9:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Stargurl20:
How do one control one's mouth or better still one's anger as well as ignore unpleasants things being said to one without voicing out, even when one is very angry? I need urgent response please...

It depends on the people around you or the people you are associated with

Best option is to walk away

Walking away keeps your far from troubles
Re: How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? by Tapout(m): 10:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

Oh! It's on its way, I swear! grin
I just sent you the picture so that you'd know what it looks like when it arrives.

lol.. cheesy this one na Akukor. Will sha get the plantain on the morrow, the lady had gone home by the time I got there. Not surprised I didn't meet her tho, the weather this night take style cold.

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married / I Feel Guilty After Bursting My Landlords Tyre / You Open Your Oven And See This, What’s Your Next Move ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.