Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Repent From Your Evil Ways And Turn Back To God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Repent From Your Evil Ways And Turn Back To God. (838 Views)

Any Gospel That Can't Tell Sinners To Repent From Their Sinful Way Is Antichrist / The Only Thing Worse Than Sin Is Guilt. Once You Repent From Any Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Repent From Your Evil Ways And Turn Back To God. by Missyajoke(f): 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
Good afternoon everyone am here to share a message titled: Repent from your evil ways and turn to God. God has been speaking to you, did you listen? God Loves and doesn't want you to end up badly, Is there anything you're doing that God doesn't support and yet you're doing it because of the money you make. Give it up, Repent and Follow Christ he's the only one who Gives true Peace. God doesn't condemn no matter your past, God is a God of second chance. Talk to him he's a listener, There's joy in heaven over a sinner that repent. What the Devil gave to you God can give it you but with Peace if you're patient.

In the book of 2 Chronicles Chapter 7 and verse 14 we find the following Scripture: "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS, then I will hear from HEAVEN, and I will forgive their SIN and will HEAL THEIR LAND."
We arrogantly assume we can turn our backs on God and it will not affect our communication with him. And what we forget is that when we choose sin God turns his back on us.
God said in Malachi 3:7, “Return to me and I will return to you, says the Lord Almighty.” You cannot reverse that order. Word in the Bible for this turning around: REPENTENCE. And I want to talk to you today about what it means to turn from wicked ways back to God. And I think it would help us to understand what it means to turn around if we understood what it means to turn away.want to show you a verse in Deuteronomy 30:17 where God explains the people how they will be abandoned if they turn away from Him. God says, “If your heart turns away, and you are not obedient, and if your drawn away to bow down to other Gods and worship them,” And I want to stop right there and show you the progression of turning away according to God.

A. The Progression of Turning Away from God

1. It begins with a radical shift in the heart. That’s where it starts. That fire for God that burns in your heart starts to wane, The embers start to cool. And what always happens is when you let your heart start to drift.

2. You will start to tolerate disobedience in certain areas of your life. There are things that before when your heart was full of God you would have been disgusted by and turned away from, but now that your heart is getting cold, suddenly you are tolerating disobedience in your life.

3. You find a substitute for God. God says you will find something to substitute for me. May be an altar made out of gold or silver. May be an altar made out of leather called your wallet. It may be an altar with 27” of color in between. But God says, if you let your heart stray, you’ll start to tolerate disobedience and you’ll find something to take my place.

B. Turning Back to God. So what does it mean then to turn back?

1. First, that thing that is taking God’s place you deal with and tear down.

2. Second, it means that stuff in your life you’ve been tolerating that you know God hates you start to confess and get rid of, and most important....

3. Third, it means you get that heart back on fire for God. You start to love God again with all your heart. And that’s why God said in Joel 2:12-13, “Even now”, declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart with fasting and weeping and mourning. Rend you heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.”

What God wants us to do:

1.Turn Away from your “Dead Religion”
In otherwords, one of the first things you need to know as a new Christian is that God is unmoved by the dutiful performance of religious deeds if the heart. Is not engaged. You need to know that no matter what you do, no matter what you perform in the name of religion, if your heart is cold and dead toward God, God is unimpressed with the activity

Turn Away from your “Proud Rebellion”

Both those word are important. Sin is rebellion and we do it because we’re proud. Straying hearts always lead to tolerated disobedience. Now we tolerate sin because we’re able to re-classify it.

How to repent and turn away from Evil Deeds:

1. Ask God to do a thorough search of your heart. I want to show you the hardest prayer in the Bible to pray. It’s a prayer of David in Psalm 139:23-24, “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
2. Confess immediately anything that God reveals as displeasing to him. If God shows yu something that is displeasing to him don’t you wait a moment in admitting it and saying, “God, I’m going to turn from it. Right now.”

May God bless us all. Message passed a crossed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Repent From Your Evil Ways And Turn Back To God. by phelonrays: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
God is love....

Hallelujah

He lifted me from the greatest nightmare of a Sin.

I'll forever sing Praises to Him....
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11816406_loudspeaker_jpeg_jpegab8f5b4bac9ce8b1e3c952666c249333

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do Christian Adherents Have To Say About This / A Pastor That Is Always Cursing, Is A Danger To You : Pst Abel Damina (video) / Biblebasis.com (bible Basis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.