Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

My Neighbor Is A Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Neighbor Is A Pastor (447 Views)

My Neighbor Is Pressuring Me To Accept God / Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbor Is A Pastor by neonbash0: 1:31am On Jun 28, 2020
I HATE THIS RUBBISH.
WHAT KIND OF WAHALA IS THIS.

SEE ME TROUBLE OOOO.eh
For apartment i paid for too.it's the Same apartment I can no longer sleep in.

This my neighbor and his wife has been speaking in tongues since 9:00pm.... it's 1:40am and prayers are still ongoing.
When will this stop??

If i scream
Thief oh!
Thief oh!
Shey they will keep quiet ba??.

I no longer sleep at night anymore because of their shouting prayers and speaking in tongues..

IF I VEX eh! I go just pour palm oil for their doorpost then add some condiments like egg shells,broken glass,a handful of crayfish and one big empty snail shell with a note

"STOP DISTURBING US ELSE NEXT TIME BLOOD WILL FLOW".....

Then I go just dey my room dey watch as drama dey unfold.since na drama dem like.

Them no just know me self.
I hate this
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by petra1(m): 2:02am On Jun 28, 2020
Join the prayer . Or move out .
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by LosC: 2:39am On Jun 28, 2020
It seems you're in China. You posted this by 1:31AM and you said your neighbor was praying by 1:40AM. What kind of contradicting report is this

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 2:47am On Jun 28, 2020
Call the cops on him. He has no right to disturb your peace. undecided
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by CodeTemplar: 3:17am On Jun 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Call the cops on him. He has no right to disturb your peace. undecided
People do 20 times that with generator noise but no cops is called on them. Even secular music blasters do more.

OP should be careful o. At times when people are praying like that, they aren't aware of the things around them because they are in the spirit realm where their physical senses and abilities are overridden by higher natural ones. Any attempt at generating your own noise may just be self-induced punishment.
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by CodeTemplar: 3:19am On Jun 28, 2020
neonbash0:
I HATE THIS RUBBISH.
I hate this

Just ask then to put you in their prayer and hope the Chinese govt don't crack down on y'all.
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Jun 28, 2020
CodeTemplar:
People do 20 times that with generator noise but no cops is called on them. Even secular music blasters do more.

OP should be careful o. At times when people are praying like that, they aren't aware of the things around them because they are in the spirit realm where their physical senses and abilities are overridden by higher natural ones. Any attempt at generating your own noise may just be self-induced punishment.
That one is a bloody lie!

Matthew 6 vs 5-8 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. “When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites. They love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners and pray loudly. They want people to see them. The truth is, that’s all the reward they will get.
6. But when you pray, you should go into your room and close the door. Then pray to your Father. He is there in that private place. He can see what is done in private, and he will reward you.
7. “And when you pray, don’t be like the people who don’t know God. They say the same things again and again. They think that if they say it enough, their god will hear them.
8. Don’t be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
No be the same Spirit of God wey dey inside Jesus Christ suppose dey inside of the man? undecided
Abeg, make we stop to dey make excuses for the most absurd of things in the name of "spirituality" for pete's sake . undecided

@OP, bang on his door and show Him what Jesus Christ Himself commanded of Him in the book of Matthew chapter 5.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by CodeTemplar: 3:48am On Jun 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
That one is a bloody lie!
That's no lie. You probably haven't observed the phenomenon or studied it.

Kobojunkie:

No be the same Spirit of God wey dey inside Jesus Christ suppose dey inside of the man? undecided
Abeg, make we stop to dey make excuses for the most absurd of things in the name of "spirituality" for pete's sake . undecided

@OP, bang on his door and show Him what Jesus Christ Himself commanded of Him in the book of Matthew chapter 5.

The scripture you are quoting is about people not making a show of the religious activities but keeping it modest where necessary. What I am talking about is a scenario where a simple prayer session done in the closet spirals out of control into a spiritual experience. That doesn't equate to the neighbor of OP trying to make a show as portrayed by you. I think you getting carried away by what you know and thus sampling scriptures out of context or sampling irrelevant facts.
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by saintvc(m): 3:49am On Jun 28, 2020
the problem is that no girl will b comfortable bleeping where l prayer sound is going on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by orunto27: 3:58am On Jun 28, 2020
You are doing worse what they do in Hell. Worry!!!
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Jun 28, 2020
CodeTemplar:
That's no lie. You probably haven't observed the phenomenon or studied it.
I have seen them do it. Even mentally ill people wey get real problems no dey get am like some of those pretenders.
CodeTemplar:
The scripture you are quoting is about people not making a show of the religious activities but keeping it modest where necessary.
The verses I posted are from Jesus Christ Himself, the author of Christianity, telling those pretenders to stop that nonsense and do things modestly.
God is not deaf, nor is He hard of hearing. Jesus Christ no send anyone to shout while praying. When Jesus said His own prayers, He did so quietly. You know that because His disciples were able to sleep even as He prayed.
I dey church when all that nonsense started decades ago, and now it has become commonplace because everyone believes it is the way to be seen as "Spiritual". All na lie!
CodeTemplar:
What I am talking about is a scenario where a simple prayer session done in the closet spirals out of control into a spiritual experience. That doesn't equate to the neighbor of OP trying to make a show as portrayed by you. I think you getting carried away by what you know and thus sampling scriptures out of context or sampling irrelevant facts.
Get carried away my butt! The @OP's neighbor is a pretender in the name of God. The Spirit of God has nothing to do with all that shouting and screaming, disturbing neighbors.

Imagine that! The man has by his actions broken not one, but at least two major commandments of Jesus Christ and you expect me to believe that it all has something to do with God still?

When put in another way, the @OP's neighbor's actions do not show him a good follower of Jesus Christ, for if he were, he would know to show love to his neighbor even as he would like for his neighbor to love him, the pastor. That is the number two tenet of Christianity. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. If @OP, were the one disturbing pastor at that late hour, would the pastor be happy with that? Why then is the pastor doing that to his neighbor pretending that God has something to do with it?

@OP, you dey pay the same rent him dey pay abi? Match straight to his door and ask him how he believes he is keeping the second greatest commandment by making noise at odd houses, keeping everyone up for no reason. If im say na prayer im dey do, tell am say no lie!

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by budaatum: 4:27am On Jun 28, 2020
If you march to his door and he does not stop. Go get some big speakers and play this next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y--5IlljO78

They'll call you satan, but why should you care when they can't even love their neighbours?
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by Adedotguy: 5:13am On Jun 28, 2020
grin
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by JourneytoEL(f): 8:01am On Jun 28, 2020
it is not you that is been disturbed, rather it is the evil spirit in you that is reacting. I put it to you that if it was loud worldly music or worldly music through your own earpiece, you will sleep peacefully like a baby.
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by Esthered: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2020
I don't support disturbing the peace of others in the name of prayer. Honestly, it is common with low income earners whether Pastor or member. Can they try it in highbrow areas? Even Daniel didn't disturb. Jesus went to secluded places to pray. They can go to a church and keep vigil instead. I'm a Christian, I wake up 4 am each day prior to the lockdown to beat traffic and if my neighbour were these couple, I'll talk to them, and if they're adamant, third party will be involved. Even if it were to be secular music, I'll complain and if to no avail, I move to somewhere better. Those in support are either guilty or haven't experienced it 1st hand.
Re: My Neighbor Is A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
JourneytoEL:
it is not you that is been disturbed, rather it is the evil spirit in you that is reacting. I put it to you that if it was loud worldly music or worldly music through your own earpiece, you will sleep peacefully like a baby.
What evil spirits? The neighbor is complaining about pastors disturbance but you insist he is not being disturbed. Na wa for many of you so-called Christians oo

(1) (Reply)

Movieguide Launches Petition To Stop Release Of Film Depicting Jesus As Lesbian / Muslim Fanatics 'dig Up 3day-old Girl's Body From grave And Leave It Beside road / Pastor Dr. Kynan T. Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.