Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate (33256 Views)

Obaseki Nominates Osaze-uzzi, Former INEC Director As Commissioner In Edo / Reasons Why Obaseki Insists On Shaibu As Running Mate / Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by ThatFairGuy: 8:58am On Jun 28, 2020
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by aguiyi2: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2020
Edo election no go easy ooh.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by toprealman: 9:00am On Jun 28, 2020
So the developing story is that APC swept two stalwart members out of the house using their imported chinko broom, yet despite the rain....PDP came with their umbrella to rescue them abi.
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by ekestic1976(f): 9:00am On Jun 28, 2020
2mercy:
• Says PDP revived his political career

https://tribuneonlineng.com/edo-2020-obaseki-nominates-shaibu-as-running-mate/

It's of no consequence. It'll end in failure and gnashing of teeth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by ictplotter(m): 9:02am On Jun 28, 2020
flyingpig:
That rugged Shuaibu go rough-handle Oshiomole's Ize-Iyamu for Edo North grin
I tell you, shuaib is too rugged. He was oshomole hitman and Political plotter. All the bad guys in Edo north are control by Philip shuaib and Hon. Rasak momoh aka star black.
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by airminem(f): 9:02am On Jun 28, 2020
God bless our able Gov. God bless Edo state
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by blowjohn(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2020
U people saying obaseki will win hmm. Edo state that the people like money. Once money enter matter don change o.
Is obaseki ready to spend?
By the way, obaseki has not done much in edo or benin to even deserve a win merit wise.
What oshiomole did in his first term far outshines obasekis work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by blowjohn(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2020
PikinNwaSmall:
[s][/s]
Oshiomole is a scallywag

Oshiomole did far better for Benin than obaseki

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2020
post=91153443:
Edolites [s]: [s][/[s]s]Vote wisely for the man or woman you believe will change your life and the way you live.

Forget about party politics.

This is the only way all our states and nation at large can move forward.

May the best candidate that will move Edo state forward wins.

God bless Edo State.

God bless Nigeria.

Your reply below......
[/s]
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Bobbyfreshh(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2020
techmo:
cool

Good luck OBOseki.

Because right now only luck can save you from APC's hand

Let's see how it goes ,I remember how you and your likes said akpabio will retire udom hafa today ??
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Dpharisee: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2020
Philip Shaibu can match Oshiomole Thug for Thug in Edo North, that's why PDP allowed their joint ticket after initially seeking to have one of the candidates who stepped down for Obaseki as Deputy

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Indispensable85(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2020
Royalist04:

The Edo North In Edo State or the one on social media.
Because the Edo north in Edo state, and the one I live. This administration is a failure

That's the bitter truth. Obaseki didn't perform in Edo north. It will be very easy for him to be thrashed in Edo north because oshiomhole still has his legacies very much around that area.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by airminem(f): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2020
See wahala o. You just register this account today na want make u carry turubu come nairaland abi? 'Witch' kind scallywag be ur own sef?
PikinNwaSmall:
[s][/s]
Oshiomole is a scallywag
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by destinychildolu(m): 9:09am On Jun 28, 2020
flyingpig:

Shuaibu go rubbish oshiomole for Edo North.

And I mean it for where thuggery is mentioned with regards to that September 19 election.
So if you are a thug of shuaibu, you will have mind to go and confront Apc thugs backed by soldiers and police? That means you don't value your life. Mark my words, on that day, shuaibu himself won't dare move outside his polling unit. You people will see the raw definition of federal power. Ize iyamu + apc + federal might + oshiomole + kabaaka and co = game over

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Emerie22(m): 9:09am On Jun 28, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
grin grin grin grin

Dead man walking...

You will join FFK, Reno, Dino Melaye, Shehu Sanni and Saraki very soon

And you will be disappointed.
Disappear
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by themes009(m): 9:10am On Jun 28, 2020
;Dgood movie from the governor, but wait o I'm trying to figure out something I really dont understand, this man is officially a pdp member but apc governor, and apc is not using it against him at all.. I respect obaseki, his a strong man
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by techmo(m): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Bobbyfreshh:

Let's see how it goes ,I remember how you and your likes said akpabio will retire udom hafa today ??

Udom is a good boy and OBOseki is a dull boy, besides General Election is different from a single Election... Resources available through FG for only Edo is toooo much that OBOseki better write a good retirement note

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by babyfaceafrica: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2020
You people saying shuaib can match Adam's thug for thug, I laugh una?.. What about soldiers, sss?... What yahaya Bello did will be a child's play to what will happen in Edo... Stay put

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Kuginzi: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Obaseki 4 + 4...Na you Edolites want.. not some fake thieving pastor
In Politics u can only speak for yourself, and not for everyone. Anyway, how many Edo people want to vote for Obaseki?

1 Share

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Kuginzi: 9:22am On Jun 28, 2020
PikinNwaSmall:
[s][/s]
Oshiomole is a scallywag
Sorry, I feel your pain bro!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 28, 2020
Wisdom will not kill PDP, let me give my little analysis.

1. Obaseki being the incumbent governor is more likely to win the election for PDP than any other candidate in the party.

2. I guess during the resolution meeting held by National Working Committee, those aggrieved candidates were made to realise that Obaseki only has 4years if he wins the election to bow out, then he'll of course help the PDP flag bearer by 2024 in making it to the apex of power in the state.

3. Many will find it stupid and inappropriate for Obaseki to choose his present Deputy as his running mate even under PDP when they have members who have endured highs and lows with PDP. This decision is still the best for PDP to win the election, Obaseki has his people, Shaib has his, one plus one will only give two, the more the merrier and law of averages is being strictly obeyed here.

Let's cross our legs and see how these calculations by PDP save the day for them come September 19

Modified
My predictions

1. Should Obaseki win the election, APC will file a case against PDP challenging the credibility of the results. Ize-Iyamu will file a case against Obaseki challenging validity of most of his certificates.

2. Should Ize-Iyamu win the election, Obaseki and PDP will accept the outcome and take no action to challenge the results. Then Tinubu, Buhari, Femi Adesina, Aregbesola, Ganduje, Lai Muhanmed, Rotimi Amaechi and many more will commend INEC for conducting free and fair election in the state but, out of many PDP members, Reno Omokri and Femi Fani Kayode will not keep mum, they will say and I quote, "APC has rubbed people of Edo their fundamental rights again, we cannot continue this process where people's voices can't be heard, APC has shown to us that they are only good at rubbing the populace and got nothing to offer." May be Fayose will add his own voice too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by ogbonti: 9:24am On Jun 28, 2020
osydennyz:
Good decision from Obaseki.. Shuaibu can stand toe-toe with oshiomole based on thuggery .....But the way Edo central is been marginalized is unfair......2024 has to be the time of an Esan man

that is a no brainer - Esan for sure (between Imasuangbon and Ikhine) while Shuaibu will go to senate and once the Esan man from Edo central is done Shuaibu will take over as governor representing Edo North - easy!

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Donjuan77: 9:24am On Jun 28, 2020
When u are in APC today u will b talking bad of PDP but immediately u join PDP tomorrow u will start talking bad of ur before APC and saying good things of d PDP u are in today what a shame Nigeria politicians av put us, fools that are fooling themselves.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by tunize(m): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Best move by the governor. Loyal deputy like Shaibu is very rare to come by
A true definition of been loyal
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Kuginzi: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2020
Dpharisee:
Philip Shaibu can match Oshiomole Thug for Thug in Edo North, that's why PDP allowed their joint ticket after initially seeking to have one of the candidates who stepped down for Obaseki as Deputy
So Edo Politics has become, the larger the number of your thugs in Edo north, the higher chances of winning the election? May u receive brain before the election. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by LudaChriz(m): 9:35am On Jun 28, 2020
Good news
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Markchiwuba: 9:35am On Jun 28, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
grin grin grin grin

Dead man walking...

You will join FFK, Reno, Dino Melaye, Shehu Sanni and Saraki very soon
Try and open your eyes to the truth,I know say truth nor dey sweet.Edo is PDP
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 28, 2020
Seetto:

The same edo north oshiomele and APC deputy governor came from, or which one...

Shuiabu will rubbish Oshiomole in Edo North. Anyhow Oshiomole wants it. Thuggery for thuggery.

This election will be tough. Will just pray the security agencies are neutral
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Dpharisee: 9:41am On Jun 28, 2020
Kuginzi:

So Edo Politics has become, the larger the number of your thugs in Edo north, the higher chances of winning the election? May u receive brain before the election. Amen
Yes, after what happened in Kogi, no party that wants to win elections will take for granted the role of thuggery until Buhari decides to implement electoral reforms, so in reality you are the one who needs to put up his thinking cap
Re: Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate by Seetto: 9:46am On Jun 28, 2020
Meninmen:

Shuiabu will rubbish Oshiomole in Edo North. Anyhow Oshiomole wants it. Thuggery for thuggery.

This election will be tough. Will just pray the security agencies are neutral
I hope you are not praying Edo turned to a war zone because of two greedy people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises / Kassim Afegbua Sues Police, NTA, Channels TV For N1 Billion / Troops Kill Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists In Pulka ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.